About the Marantz TT42
Marantz's TT42 turntable makes it easy to breathe new life into your record collection. It offers both 33-1/3 or 45 rpm playback speeds with the flick of a switch so you can enjoy your LPs and 45s for years to come. Marantz even includes a 45 rpm adapter for added convenience. This 'table's sturdy base and belt-drive design minimize the vibrations that can compromise sound quality. The included moving magnet cartridge delivers smooth, detailed sound, and comes pre-mounted for quick and easy setup.
Automatic playback with manual control
The TT42 gives you convenient fully automatic operation, with auto-return and shut-off. A cueing lift lever also lets you manually raise the tonearm and place it precisely on any track you wish without the risk of scratching your records. The included detachable dust cover helps keep your 'table clean between uses.
- aluminum platter
- belt-drive system with DC servo motor ensures accurate speed and rumble-free sound reproduction
- low-coloration tonearm with universal cartridge mount
- fully automatic operation
- manual lifter mechanism
- moving magnet cartridge included
- removable dust cover
- attached RCA audio cable
- heavy base construction
- speed selector: 33-1/3 rpm & 45 rpm
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 20-18,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 65 dB
- 16-9/16"W x 5-3/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 11.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (60 days on cartridge and stylus)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TT42
What's in the box:
- Turntable chassis
- AC power adapter (with attached 6.5' DC cord)
- Felt pad
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- 45 Adapter
- User Guide
Marantz TT42 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz TT42
Overview: The Marantz TT-42 is a fully automatic, high quality turntable with DC servo belt-drive, low-coloration tone arm, & transparent dust cover. The TT-42 is the ideal answer to your need for a high performance source component for analog records.
Fully Automatic: The Marantz TT-42 turntable features full automatic operation for easy & comfortable operation that protects the stylus from damage. The turntable offers automatic start, plus automatic tone-arm return & stop.
Low Noise DC Servo Motor: The Marantz TT-42 full automatic turntable employs a DC Servo motor belt-drive system (with rubber belt & metal bearings) to ensure accurate speed & rumble-free sound reproduction.
33-1/3 & 45 RPM: The TT-42 offers two speed selection playback in both 33 1/3 & 45 rpm (adapter included).
MM Cartridge: The Marantz turntable's MM cartridge is compatible with a vast majority of the amplifiers & receivers.
Note: This turntable offers a pre-adjusted/pre-set counterweight that is designed to work with the included MM cartridge. The counterweight cannot be adjusted as it is fixed into position, so swapping out the cartridge for a different one, or fine tuning using a force gauge is not possible.
Attached Stereo RCA/Ground Cables: The Marantz TT-42 is fitted with an attached 44" stereo RCA cable & 35" ground wire.
- Platter: 11.968"
- RPM: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Wow & Flutter: +/- 0, 10; 0.07%
- Overall Weight: 11.9 lb
Tone Arm Section:
- Effective Length: 8.307"
- Overhang: 0.767"
- Offset Angle: 26°
- Tangential Tracking Error: 0.15°/cm Radius
- Tracking Force: 25mN (22.5-27.5 mN)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 18 kHz
- Output Voltage: 4mV
- Cartridge Weight: 0.158 oz
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked