About the Marantz ZS5300
Power your multi-room audio system with the Marantz ZS5300. This versatile six-channel amplifier lets you extend high-quality audio from your main entertainment area to other rooms in your home. You can enjoy warm stereo sound in three different rooms, or connect up to three ZS5300s together to power speakers in as many as nine separate areas simultaneously. The latest digital amplifier technology ensures plenty of clean power and reliable, cool-running operation.
Other key features include individual volume control adjustments that let you fine tune listening levels for each zone in your multi-room system. The ZS5300's "Party Mode" allows you to route any one of the three connected audio sources to all zones at the same time to flood your home with beautiful music at your next get together.
Custom-tailored advice before and after you buy
Installing this amplifier usually requires you to run speaker cable in your walls, unless your home is already pre-wired. Our Audio/Video Designers can help you map out the details. Plus, our tech support specialists can help you through your installation step-by-step.
- 6-channel multi-zone amplifier
- 60 watts RMS per channel into 6 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- signal to noise ratio: 85 dB
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz (-1 dB)
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs, one for each zone
- 3 independent turn-on circuits for multi-zone applications
- independent level controls for each zone
- infrared remote control
- detachable power cord (C7 type plug)
- weight: 18.7 pounds
- 17-5/16"W x 4-5/8"H x 14-1/2"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZS5300
What's in the box:
- Multi-Zone Control Amplifier
- 6' AC cord
- RC5300ZS remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- User Guide (English/French/Spanish)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
Marantz ZS5300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz ZS5300
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||6|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||3|
|Speaker Connectors||Spring clip|
Overview: The Marantz ZS5300 Multi-Zone Control Amplifier is designed to be a simple solution to extend high quality audio from your main entertainment area to other rooms in your home. The ZS5300 provides a full 60 watts RMS output from each of its six channels. The Marantz Multi-Zone Control Amplifier will direct up to three separate sources to three different rooms or zones in your home. You can connect up to three ZS5300s together for nine-zone capability. The unit's Party Mode lets you send the same signal throughout your home. The ZS500 features front panel source and zone status indicators as well as "pass through" pre-amp outputs so you can add a more powerful amplifier if needed. The Multi-Zone Control Amplifier's RC-5 remote connection, local input capability, and 12V "trigger" outputs complete the list of the unit's custom-friendly features.
Class-D Power Amplifier: The Marantz ZS5300's power amplifier is designed using discrete, class-D amplifier construction for all six channels. This assures that the channels are the same quality and power. To maximize sound performance, a large R-cord power transformer is used. The amplifier is rated at 60 Watts RMS x 6 channel for three stereo zones of operation.
Three Zone Operation: The Marantz Multi-Zone Control Amplifier offers the ability to select from three audio sources in three different rooms of your home.
Party Mode: You can direct the same source to all the unit's zone simultaneously. This is terrific for events like entertaining. In addition you can control volume and muting capability.
LED Indicators: The Marantz ZS5300 features the following LED indicators along its front-panel.
- Volume Level: These indicators show the level of the volume for each zone. When all the indicators light up, the volume is at the maximum level. When all the indicators lights are off, the volume is at the minimum level. Volume can be adjusted individually from each of Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3. Volume adjustment can be adjusted with the supplied remote control or an optional keypad.
- Mute: These indicators flash when the sound is muted. when volume is at the maximum level, all the indicators flash. When the volume is at the minimum, only the first indicator flashes. Mute can be controlled individually from each of Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3, Muting can be done with the remote control unit or an optional keypad. If the volume is adjusted when muted, mute is deactivated.
- Direct: When the Zone Direct input is chose for the source, this indicator lights up. The source connected to the Zone Direct terminal for Zone 1 can be selected only for Zone 1. The same applies for Zone 2 and Zone 3. Source selection can be selected with the unit's remote or optional keypad.
- Input: Depending on which input is elected in each zone, the appropriate Input indicator will be illuminated. The inputs can be selected by the remote control or optional keypad.
- Standby: This indicator lights up when any of the zones are in standby. Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3 can be in standby mode independently. Power for each zone can be controlled from the unit's remote control or optional keypad.
Remote Control: The ZS5300 comes supplied with a full-function IR wireless remote control to operate the unit. The remote offers controls which allows you to operate each zone independently or together. The ZS5300 only features a Power On/Off, ID Selector, and Voltage Selector switch on the unit, itself.
ID Selector Switch: This ZS5300 can be connected in cascade by changing the ID switch on the unit's rear panel. Up to three units can be connected so the zone system can expanded up to 9 zones.
Voltage Selector: You can select the power voltage (115V or 230V) of your location.
3 Zone Control Function: Combining the ZS5300 and a keypad, using the unit's Flasher input, allows you to construct a multi-zone system which can control up to three zones. You can connect a majority of keypads and IR receivers from Niles or Xantech.
Power Save Function: This unit can control the power on/off for each zone. The power for the un-used zone can be turned off for power saving capability.
Inputs And Outputs
Banana Plug Compatible Speaker Terminals: The unit's twelve speaker output terminals can be connected with banana plugs directly as well as traditional speaker cable. The ZS5300's speaker terminals have a minimum 6-ohm rating.
Audio In: The three pair of RCA inputs allows you to connect up to three audio devices to the ZS5300.
Audio Out: The three pair of RCA outputs are designed as an audio pass-through. They can be used to when cascading one or two other ZS5300s. You can also use these output terminals to share source components with a dedicated home theater system.
Zone Direct In: These three pair of RCA inputs are designed only for their corresponding zone in case you want to input an external source that you want to only be played in a certain room of your home.
Zone 3 Pre Out: These set of RCA outputs are preamplifier output terminals for Zone 3. These terminals can be connected with other audio devices such as an external amplifier.
Status Out: These three 3.5mm outputs are DC trigger output terminals to determine whether power of a zone is on or off.
Flasher In: This 3.5mm input terminal is to control the unit from each zone using an external keypad.
Remote Control In/Out: These RCA input/output terminals allows you to connect another Marantz audio component so you can remotely operate the components as a single system.