About the Westinghouse LTV-27w6
If the picture on your old tube TV looks faded and fuzzy, step into the 21st century with the Westinghouse LTV-27w6 flat-panel HDTV. Its 27" screen displays bright, high-definition pictures with vibrant colors. The widescreen design is ideally suited to HD programs and DVD movies.
The built-in tuner receives both standard (analog) and digital over-the-air broadcasts from your local stations. You can keep enjoying non-digital programs the same as always, but you'll really be knocked out by the snow- and ghost-free images that digital broadcasts provide.
The LTV-27w6 is a smart choice for a small home theater and makes a fantastic bedroom TV. Its stylishly thin, lightweight cabinet allows it to fit in many spaces where tube TVs never could even some kitchen counters. Also, the TV's base removes easily for wall-mounting.
The generous set of inputs includes composite, S-video, and component video jacks, as well as both DVI and HDMI digital video inputs for use with the latest satellite HD receivers and "upconverting" DVD players. This versatile set also has a standard PC input so it can pull double duty as a computer monitor.
Tip: To find out if HDTV signals are available in your area, visit this helpful site and punch in your zip code.
- 27" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 8-millisecond pixel response time
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 176°(H) x 176°(V) viewing angle
- 10-bit video processing
- Picture-in-Picture for two video sources
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 S-video
- 2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 1 DVI digital video input with HDCP copy protection
- 1 HDMI digital audio/video input
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 17-7/8"W x 8-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 27-5/8"W x 19-3/4"H x 4-1/2"D (21-1/2"H x 8-1/8"D on stand)
- weight: 25.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LTV27W6
What's in the box:
- 27" Widescreen LCD TV on stand
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 68" AC power cord
- User's Manual
- Warranty and product registration information
Westinghouse LTV-27w6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Westinghouse LTV-27w6
Features & specs
Native Resolution: The LTV-27w6 HD has a display resolution of 1366x768. The HDMI, DVI, and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals and all input signals are displayed as 1366x768.
HDTV Tuner: An ATSC and a QAM high definition tuner is built-in to the LTV-27w6 HD, so you don't need a separate digital set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air or non-encrypted cable HDTV signals.
Flat Screen/Viewing Angles: The flat screen delivers images that are virtually distortion free. The flat screen and an anti-glare coating help eliminate ambient light reflections. Its extra-wide viewing angles (176° horizontal and vertical) allow you to see a clear picture from most anywhere in the room.
3-D Digital Comb Filter: The 3-D Digital Comb Filter gives you superb picture detail and resolution.
Lamp Life: The expected life of the backlight lamp is 60,000 hours, more than 20 years at 8 hours a day.
Electronic Program Guide (EPG): The EPG helps you navigate through all the possible viewing options. Information supplied includes program lists, start and end times, and a program descriptions. The EPG information is provided by the broadcasting stations so the availability and amount of information may vary from one station to the next.
- Brightness: adjust the black level
- Contrast: adjust the white level
- Color: adjust the color intensity
- Hue: adjust the color toward red or green
- Sharpness: adjust the picture clarity
- Backlight: adjust the backlight intensity
- Video Reset: reset above to factory default settings
Input Label: Each input can be labeled to reflect the connected source.
- Standard: 4:3 picture displayed in its original aspect ratio with bars on the sides
- Fill: stretches a 4:3 picture to fill the screen
Parental Control: You can prevent some TV programs and movies from being watched by children using the parental control feature. You can block programs based on the TV age-based ratings (Y, Y7, G, PG, 14, MA), TV content ratings (violence, language, suggestive dialog, etc.), or the movie rating system of the MPAA (G, PG, PG13, R, NC17, X). The parental control mode is protected by a 4-digit password.
Inactivity Off: You can program the TV to turn off if no buttons are pressed on the remote or the set for a specific amount of time; 1, 3, or 6 hours, or off (feature disabled).
Sleep Timer: This display can be set to turn itself off in 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
- E-Saver: takes longer to power up but requires less power
- Normal: powers up quicker but requires more power
OSD (On Screen Display): The duration of the OSD can be set to 10, 30, or 60 seconds and the level of transparency can be adjusted.
VESA Mounting Bracket Standard: The display can be wall mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket. The display has two sets of mounting holes on its back panel. One set of mounting holes is VESA 75-compatible (75mm x 75mm) and the other set is VESA 100-compatible (100mm x 100mm), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. All mounting holes require M5 screws.
Direct Input: Each input has a button on the remote so you can access the input directly, without having to toggle through all the selections.
Favorite Channel: There are three favorite buttons on the remote for programming favorite channels. Pressing one tunes that channel without having to change sources, then change channels.
PC Compatible: In addition to the audio/video inputs, you can connect a PC to the VGA (D-Sub 15) input on this TV for use as a computer monitor. A 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack input is provided for PC audio. The LTV-27w6 HD supports several computer video resolutions:
- 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz (recommended)
- 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz
- 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz
- 1280 x 720 @ 60, 75 Hz
- 800 x 600 @ 60, 75 Hz
- 640 x 480 @ 60, 75 Hz
Component Video Inputs: The two sets of component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
SDTV Input: One A/V input has an RCA composite video and an S-video input, only one of these can be used.
HDMI Input: The HDMI input also has RCA audio inputs for greater flexibility. The HDMI input will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
DVI Input: The DVI input supports HDCP so it's compatible with copyrighted material using HDCP encryption. The DVI input will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
PC Input: The PC input consists of an RGB (D-sub 15-pin) jack and a 3.5mm audio mini-jack.
Audio Input: Left and right RCA audio inputs accompany the component video, S-video/composite video, DVI, and HDMI inputs.
Audio Output: The left and right RCA audio outputs can be turned on or off in the menu.