About the Westinghouse LTV-32w4 HDC
The 32" Westinghouse LTV-32w4 HDC packs an amazing amount of entertainment into its slender cabinet. This wall-mountable flat-panel HDTV features a convenient built-in DVD player. Simply make your power and antenna connections and you have a high-resolution system fit for a living room, bedroom, office, or den. The easy-access front-loading disc slot allows placement on a wall or in tight spaces like an armoire.
Westinghouse's TV/DVD combos feature a unique electronic "auto wake" disc slot that detects when a disc (DVD or CD) is inserted and automatically powers the TV on and begins playing the disc. If you're already watching TV and you put a DVD in the slot, the "auto select" feature switches the source to DVD and begins playback. Westinghouse's Pixel Direct technology ensures an ultra-clean picture by delivering the DVD signal from the player to the screen via the shortest possible direct digital path.
The LTV-32w4 HDC has built-in standard and digital TV tuners for over-the-air broadcasts, plus the latest audio/video connections for your other gear, including an HDMI input. The glare-resistant high-resolution screen looks great displaying high-definition programs and DVD movies. Both TV and DVD controls are at the tips of your fingers thanks to the dual-purpose remote control. There's even a PC input so you can use this set as a jumbo-sized computer monitor.
Tip: To find out if HDTV signals are available in your area, visit this helpful site and punch in your zip code.
- 32" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 8-millisecond pixel response time
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 170°(H) x 170°(V) viewing angle
- built-in stereo speakers (9 watts x 2)
- TV/DVD remote control
- 4 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 S-video
- 2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 1 HDMI digital audio/video input (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 18"W x 8-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 31-1/2"W x 22-5/8"H x 5-5/8"D (25-1/4"H x 8-3/8"D on stand)
- weight: 32 lbs. (without stand)
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW, and Video CD
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and WMA CD-R & CD-RW
- coaxial digital audio output for Dolby Digital/DTS®/PCM
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # LTV32W4-HDC
What's in the box:
- 32" Widescreen LCD TV/DVD Player on stand
- RMC-01 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 68" AC power cord
- User's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Quick Install Guide (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty and product registration information
More details on the Westinghouse LTV-32w4 HDC
Features & specs
Native Resolution: The LTV-32w4 HDC has a display resolution of 1366 x 768. The HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals and all input signals are displayed as 1366 x 768.
HDTV Tuner: ATSC and QAM high definition tuners are built-in to the LTV-32w4 HDC, so you don't need a separate digital set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air or non-encrypted cable HDTV signals.
Flat Screen/Viewing Angles: The flat screen delivers images that are virtually distortion free. The flat screen and an anti-glare coating help eliminate ambient light reflections. Its extra-wide viewing angles (170° horizontal and vertical) allow you to see a clear picture from most anywhere in the room.
Lamp Life: The expected life of the backlight lamp is 60,000 hours, more than 20 years at 8 hours a day.
Electronic Program Guide (EPG): The EPG helps you navigate through your viewing options. The EPG information is available only for HDTV channels and is provided by the broadcasting stations so the availability and amount of information may vary from one station to the next.
- Brightness: adjust the black level
- Contrast: adjust the white level
- Saturation: adjust the color intensity
- Hue: adjust the color toward red or green
- Sharpness: adjust the picture clarity
- Color Temperature: select one of three presets
- Video Reset: reset above to factory default settings
- VGA: set PC resolution
- Standard: 4:3 picture displayed in its original aspect ratio with bars on the sides
- Fill: stretches a 4:3 picture to fill the screen
Parental Control: You can prevent some TV programs and movies from being watched by children using the parental control feature. You can block programs based on the TV age-based ratings (Y, Y7, G, PG, 14, MA) or the movie rating system of the MPAA (G, PG, PG13, R, NC17, X). The parental control mode is protected by a 4-digit password.
Sleep Timer: The LTV-32w4 HDC can be set to turn off after a specified time.
OSD (On Screen Display): The duration of the OSD can be set and the level of transparency can be adjusted.
Wall Mounting: The TV can be wall mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket. The unit has two sets of mounting holes on the back panel. One set is VESA 75-compatible (75mm x 75mm) and the other is VESA 100-compatible (100mm x 100mm), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. All mounting holes require M4 screws.
Direct Input: There are direct input buttons on the remote so you don't have to toggle between all the inputs to reach the source you want. The direct buttons include TV (toggles between HDTV and SDTV), DVD, PC, Component video (toggles between the two), S-video, and Video.
Favorite Channel: There are three favorite buttons on the remote for programming favorite channels. Pressing one tunes that channel without having to change sources, then change channels.
PC Compatible: In addition to the audio/video inputs, you can connect a PC to the VGA (D-Sub 15) input on this TV for use as a computer monitor. A 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack input is provided for PC audio. The LTV-32w4 HDC supports several computer video resolutions:
- 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz (recommended)
- 1280 x 1024 @ 60, 75 Hz
- 1024 x 768 @ 70, 75 Hz
- 848 x 480 @ 60 Hz
- 832 x 624 @ 75 Hz (mac)
- 800 x 600 @ 60, 75 Hz
- 720 x 400 @ 70 Hz
- 640 x 480 @ 60, 75 Hz
Auto Wake: With the power off, insert a DVD (or CD) and the power turns on, the input switches to DVD, and playback starts automatically. If the TV is already on and a DVD is inserted into the slot, auto select is activated and switches to the DVD input.
Disc Compatibility: The built-in DVD player is compatible with the following discs: DVDs, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD, Video CD, Super Video CD, CD-R, and CD-RW. All discs must be 12cm, 8cm disc playback is not supported.
Transport: The DVD transport functions; play/pause, chapter forward and backward, and stop are on the remote and the side panel of the TV. Scan forward and backward, menu, and setup are only on the remote.
Fast Reverse/Forward: With a DVD, you can choose from search speeds of 2x, 4x, 8x, and 20x in either direction.
Repeat: You can repeat the current chapter, the title, or the entire disc.
Demo: In demo mode playback starts automatically when you insert a disc and the repeat function is engaged.
Resume Play: The resume feature allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point is cleared when the Stop button is pressed more than once or the disc is ejected.
Component Video Inputs: The two sets of component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
SDTV Input: One A/V input has an RCA composite video and an S-video input, only one of these can be used.
HDMI Input: The HDMI input also has RCA audio inputs for greater flexibility. The HDMI input will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
PC Input: The PC input consists of an RGB (D-sub 15-pin) jack and a 3.5mm audio mini-jack.
Audio Input: Left and right RCA audio inputs accompany the component video, S-video/composite video, and HDMI inputs.
Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output delivers stereo or multi-channel audio to a home theater receiver.
Analog Audio Output: The left and right RCA audio outputs can be turned on or off in the menu.