Elite Screens Aeon AR100DHD5
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame, CineGrey 5D® fabric (100")
Our take on the Elite Screens Aeon AR100DHD5 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A thin-frame screen that lets you watch with the lights on
Today's TVs have such skinny bezels that when you wall-mount them, all you see is the picture. I love that look. Elite's Aeon screens produce the same effect for projector-based systems. The ultra-thin black aluminum frame is less than 1/4" wide!
Whether you're using an HD or 4K projector, pair it with a well-designed screen like this Elite Aeon model to really see what that projector is capable of. Whichever size you decide on, this screen will deliver a smooth, uniform picture that looks truly cinema-like.
Elite's CineGrey material ignores room lights
Elite's CineGrey 5D® material rejects most ambient and ceiling room light. That means a lot more home theater fans can discover the immersive fun of a projector system. These screens enhance picture brightness and contrast, countering the tendency of ambient light to wash out the projected image.
Conventional white or gray screens work fine in the cave-like darkness of a dedicated theater. But it takes a special material like CineGrey 5D to maintain a sharp, colorful image with the lights on. CineGrey 5D incorporates a diffusion layer over a highly reflective layer. The direct light from the projector is reflected squarely back at viewers, while the outer layer enhances contrast and reflects away indirect ambient light. CineGrey's 1.5 screen gain means it boosts brightness, which makes it a good for match low- to medium-output projectors.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using the supplied tools. A wall mount is included. Elite's tensioning system uses springs and grommets to ensure a flat, tight screen surface, for projecting a smooth, seamless image.
- 100" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 87-1/4"W x 49"H
- EDGE FREE® thin-frame design maximizes viewing area in a smaller footprint
- CineGrey 5D® ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) material with screen gain of 1.5
- rejects 75% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- optimal viewing angle range is 40° half-angle, 80° total
- ISF-certified for accurate color, superb contrast and dynamic range performance
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- flexible, durable, multi-layer PVC-based screen material
- aluminum frame is 1/4"W x 1-5/16"D
- screen tensioning system uses springs and grommets to ensure a flat, tight surface
- includes wall-mount bracket and mounting hardware for quick, easy installation
- screen ships unassembled; includes necessary tools
- overall dimensions: 87-5/8"W x 49-1/2"H
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee