About the Elite Screens Starling Tab-Tension 2
Big-screen movie fun with the push of a button
In rooms with limited lighting control, Elite's CineGrey material provides crisp image color and contrast.
Big-screen movie fun with the push of a button
This value-priced retractable screen uses Elite's CineGrey 5D® material to reject most ambient and ceiling room light. Its ability to boost picture brightness and contrast counters the tendency of ambient light to wash out the projected image. Now home theater fans can enjoy the immersive impact of a projector system in real-world rooms.
A closer look at CineGrey
Conventional white or gray screens work fine in the cave-like darkness of a dedicated theater. But it takes a special material like CineGrey 5D to maintain a sharp, colorful image with the lights on.
CineGrey 5D places a diffusion layer over a highly reflective layer. The direct light from the projector is reflected squarely back at viewers, while the outer layer enhances contrast and reflects away indirect ambient light.
The screen comes with two remotes (one IR, one RF), as well as a 12-volt trigger to coordinate the screen's drop and rise with turning your projector on or off. Manual up/down buttons on the screen case ensure that the show will go on even if the remote goes missing.
A pair of sliding brackets is included for flush wall/ceiling installation.
- 92" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 80"W x 45"H
- tab-tensioned screen maintains a smooth surface
- CineGrey 5D® ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) material with screen gain of 1.5
- rejects 75% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- optimal viewing angle range is 40° half-angle, 80° total
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- ISF-certified for accurate color, superb contrast and dynamic range performance
- black masking borders absorb projector overshoot while enhancing perceived contrast
- includes one IR remote, one RF remote, and a 12-volt trigger
- manual up/down buttons on exterior of case for raising/lowering screen
- mounting hardware kit included for wall or ceiling installation
- case length: 100-7/16"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STT92UHD5-E12
What's in the box:
- Motorized projection screen
- RF remote
- IR remote
- IR extender
- Trigger cable
- 2 Brackets
- 8 Expansion anchors
- 8 Wall anchors
- 2 Anchor hooks
- 8 Self-drilling screws
- 2 Eyebolts (with nuts)
- 2 Snap-links
- User's Guide
Elite Screens Starling Tab-Tension 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Elite Screens Starling Tab-Tension 2
Starling Tab-Tension 2 CineGray 5D Series: The Starling Tab-Tension 2 CineGrey 5D Series is an electric motorized retratable projector screen that uses an Ambient Light Rejecting material. The retractable feature provides flexibility to mounting the screen without dedicating its designated location to exclusively one purpose. The ambient light rejecting material is formulated to sustain excellent color reproduction and contrast for enhanced picture quality in environments with little control over room lighting.
CineGray 5D Screen Material: The CineGrey 5D is an angular reflective front projection material designed to reject ambient light while maintaining superb picture quality. The CineGrey 5D is the perfect solution for rooms that have little or no control over incidental light. This means that it's an ideal fit for family rooms as well as lecture halls, boardrooms, sports bars, training facilities, and other business environments. In addition, the CineGrey 5D increases projector brightness 1.5x the amount (perfect for low lumens ouput projectors). The CineGrey 5D is superior to traditional white or gray materials in its ability to maintain a sharp, bright image regardless of ambient light. The angular reflective material incorporates a diffusion layer over a highl reflective surface. This causes direct light from the projector to reflect squarely into the viewer's field of vision while the outer contrast layer enhances image quality while reflecting indirect ambient light.
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR, and Active 3D Ready
- High fidelity gray surface produces superb clarity and sharp imag
- ISF Certified for accurate color points, color temperature and dynamic range
- Angular-Reflective and Ambient Light Rejecting technology
- 1.5 Gain, 80º, Viewing angle 88% Polarization Retention, 1.5 Minimum Lens Throw
- Mildew resistant and screen surface can be cleaned with a microfiber cloth
- GREENGUARD / GREENGUARD Gold Certified UL 2818 for Safety Indoor Emissions free
- Flame retardant and complies with NFPA 701 Standards
Remote Control: The motorized projection screen comes with an IR and RF remote for wireless operation. A 12-volt trigger input cable allows for synchornized screen operation with your projector's power cycle. Control functions include Up and Down.
Projector Placement: Since angular reflective means that your projected image will reflect at the mirror-opposite angle, it is important to position the projector so that the viewer will benefit by getting the best possible image performance from the projection screen. In order to optimize your viewing experience, following the pojector placement guidelines in the User's Guide.
- Angular Reflective material is not compatible with ultra/short-throw projectors
- Ambient light must not come from the same direction as the projector
- Minimum lens throw ratio 1.5x image width
5 questions already asked