About the Channel Master CM-7000PAL
At last a convenient way to record over-the-air high-def TV shows without paying for a satellite or cable TV subscription. Simply connect this Channel Master DVR to an antenna and start recording your favorite network shows in crystal-clear HD to watch whenever you want. And this is a dual-tuner DVR, so you can watch one over-the-air channel while simultaneously recording another, or set it to record shows on two different channels at the same time.
The CM-7000PAL can record up to 30 hours of high-def programs, and provides great DVR conveniences like pause and forward/reverse skip using the remote control. And here's a bonus: over-the-air high-def broadcasts look as good or better than cable or satellite HD. You'll find HDMI and component video connections to ensure compatibility with virtually any HDTV. This DVR is a terrific solution for projector-based home theaters, since projectors never include a built-in tuner. Note: This DVR cannot record satellite or cable TV signals.
- built-in ATSC tuners receive free over-the-air digital TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- dual-tuner design lets you to watch one channel while simultaneously recording another
- records up to 30 hours of HD content or up to 130 hours of SD content to built-in 250GB hard drive
- versatile playback modes, including pause, fast-forward/fast reverse, and forward/reverse skip
- setup wizard with auto channel scanning
- timer recording with on-screen program guide
- 1 set of audio/video outputs (HDMI, component video, composite video, and RF)
- RF input for antenna signal
- optical digital audio output
- remote control
- 14-5/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 10-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 7000 PAL
What's in the box:
- HDTV over-the-air receiver & DVR
- IR remote control
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- 6' RG-59 coaxial cable
- 8' Audio/Video cable (with a composite video/stereo RCA connectors on each end)
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Support contact info
- Warranty/Registration Card
Channel Master CM-7000PAL reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Channel Master CM-7000PAL
Overview: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL is an over-the-air HDTV DVR (digital video recorder). With this unit you can view and record local over-the-air digital broadcasts in your area. With the DVR you can pause, fast forward and rewind your programs, you can even use the slow motion feature to watch clips frame-by-frame. The DVR offers an electronic program guide which allows you to pre-set recording schedules so you never miss your favorite shows. Unlike many other DVR set top boxes, there are no monthly subscription fees. This unit includes an infrared remote control which operates the CM-7000PAL DVR and up to three other components.
Dual ATSC Tuners: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL is equipped with dual ATSC digital tuners which allow you to record two different local over-the-air digital broadcasts simultaneously. You can also watch a previously recorded program while recording the two simultaneous broadcasts.
Note: The CM-7000PAL does not support Cable or Satellite TV signals.
SD (Standard-Definition) and HD (High-Definition) Compatible: Using the built-in HDTV over-the-air tuner, you can view and record both standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) digital programming. You can view up-converted standard-definition and native high-definition over-the-air digital broadcasts on a connected HDTV. You can also view both native SD and down-converted HD programming on a connected SDTV.
Setup Wizard: The first time you install the CM-7000PAL DVR, the Setup Wizard screen appears and guides you through the system setup process. The Setup Wizard scans for local digital over-the-air channels, and helps you set up the settings for your local area and TV display. You will need to select the resolution (480p, 720p, or 1080i) that your TV supports and its aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9). You can also adjust the display format (Auto, Normal, Stretch, Partial Zoom, and Zoom).
Electronic Program Guide: The unit's Program Guide lets you view a listing of the current programs and programs schedule to air over the next seven days. The Program Guide provides small, medium, or large text.
Browse Banner: The Browse Banner allows you to watch a program while looking at program information on other channels. The current program's information will be displayed at the top of the TV screen. The bottom left of the Browse Banner displays information about the current program on each channel you change to.
Event Search: Event Search allows you to find programs in the Program Guide by a keyword within the title or description. Keywords can be entered using the unit's on-screen keyboard or from the remote control's keypad.
History Search: This function performs a new search of keywords or other criteria you have previously used and saved before in the Event Search menu.
Closed Caption Support: The CM-7000PAL supports digital Closed Captions. The unit offers many options for Closed Captioning (CC), including font size, colors, edge style, service, and opacity.
Parental Lock: You can restrict your family's viewing based either on program ratings or on a channel-by-channel basis. The parental lock feature is protected by a 4-digit pass-code.
Digital Video Recorder: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL allows you to record over-the-air digital broadcasts (MPEG-2 & MPEG-4) on its internal hard-drive. The unit can record up to 30 hours of high-definition (HD) video and 130 hours of standard-definition (SD) video. The CM-7000PAL provides the following recording options:
- Record Button: You can simply press the remote's "Record" button to record a program you are currently watching.
- Program Guide Record: You can highlight a current or future program on the unit's on-screen Program Guide to record.
- Search Menu Record: You can highlight a current or future program from the unit's Search Menu to record.
- Browse Banner Record: You can also highlight a current or future program for the unit's Browse Banner to record.
Note: One a program is highlighted to be recorded, you can choose to record that program Once, Daily, Weekly, or Mon.-Fri.. The will still record in standby mode.
Daily Schedule: Daily Schedule displays all the timers you have set for that day or into the future.
My Recordings: My Recordings displays all of the programs you have recorded on the CM-700PAL over-the-air DVR.
Pause Live TV: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL allows you to pause live TV for up to 1 hour. Once you have paused a program, you can use one of the following functions to access the program:
- Play: You can begin playback from where you paused the program.
- Skip Back: You can jump back in a program by 10 seconds.
- Skip Forward: You can jump ahead by 30 seconds if you've paused or reversed the program.
- Fast-forward/Reverse: You can reverse or fast-forward through a paused program at 4x, 15x, 60x, or 300x speed.
- Slow Motion: You can watch a paused program in slow-motion (forward or reverse) at 1/4th or 1/15th normal speed.
- Frame-by-Frame: You can move frame-by-frame (forward or reverse) through a paused program.
- View Live: At any time you can choose to catch up to real-time in the programming.
Dolby Digital: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL DVR uses an HDMI port to output digital audio and video, or an optical digital port to output digital audio only. The HDMI or optical connection can provide two audio data types - Dolby Digital or Linear PCM.
Sound Adjustments: The CM-7000PAL DVR provides to sound settings for Dolby Digital content.
- Standard: When you use this setting, the dynamic range is wider, which makes music and loud noises louder, but voices quieter. This setting is good if you don't mind turning the volume up louder to hear the speaking portions of programs.
- Night: When you use this setting, the dynamic range is narrower, which makes music and loud noises quieter, but voices louder. This setting is good if you need to keep the volume lower.
Inactivity Standby: You can set up a period of time after which, if there has been no activity (such as changing channels or using the DVR buttons), the Channel Master CM-7000PAL DVR will go into standby mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the over-the-air DVR.
Multibrand: You can set up the remote to control as may as three additional devices. These devices can be your TV, VCR, or DVD player. You will need to program the remote control using the remote codes in the owner's manual, or you can scan the remote control's database of device codes.
Numeric Keypad: The supplied remote control features a numeric keypad (0-9) for direct channel entry.
Battery Type: The remote operates off of 4 "AAA" batteries.
Antenna Input/Output: The Channel Master CM-7000PAL over-the-air HDTV DVR is equipped with a threaded coaxial RF-type antenna input and output to connect between your indoor/outdoor antenna and your television. The antenna output provides both standard-definition video and mono audio to your television via channel 3 or 4.
HDMI Output: The unit's HDMI connection provides both high-definition video and stereo audio to your TV or home theater system's A/V receiver.
Component Video Output: The Channel Master CM-700PAL features one set of component video outputs to send a high-definition video signal to your TV.
Composite Video Outputs: The CM-700PAL also features a single composite video input to send a standard-definition video signal to your TV.
Digital Audio Output: The over-the-air HDTV DVR is equipped with an optical digital audio output to transfer Dolby Digital audio to your TV or home theater receiver.
Analog Audio Output: The Channel Master CM-700PAL also features analog stereo RCA outputs to transfer audio to your television or stereo receiver.
USB 2.0/Ethernet Port: It is possible to update the software of the CM-700PAL DVR using the unit's USB 2.0 port or Ethernet jack on the rear-panel. Go to www.channelmaster.com to get the latest software version.