About the Select Increments JKU-Pods
Upgrade your Wrangler JK Unlimited
Upgrade your Wrangler JK Unlimited
When you're driving a Jeep, great sound usually takes a backseat to great adventure. But Select Increments JKU-Pods make upgrading to better sound an enticing possibility in your 4-door Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited with hard or soft top. If you've been suffering with factory sound, these custom enclosures will allow you to fit just about any pair of 6-1/2" or 6-3/4" speakers into the corners of your factory sport cage, even with its padding and cloth cover in place. Each pod features a wire-lead hole to hide speaker wires as they exit the pod and are routed under the roll bar cover.
Ready for the elements
These speaker pods are properly angled for enjoyable listening. You can install coaxial speakers in the precut holes, or cut holes into the tweeter locations for mounting component sets as well. If you have external crossovers, they can be mounted inside the pods. These Select Increments pods give your speakers protection from the elements and include self-tapping screws with Climaseal® finish, black hex caps, rubber grommets for wire holes, and poly-fill. Detailed instructions with photos are included with every pair of pods.
Installation Note: JKU-Pods will not fit any of the 2-door JK Wranglers. Be sure to enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to ensure these JKU-Pods are compatible with your Wrangler.
- vehicle-specific heavy-duty plastic enclosures (pair)
- designed for 2007-up 4-door Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited vehicles
- fits factory sport cage corners
- designed to hold 6-1/2" or 6-3/4" speakers (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JKU-POD
What's in the box:
Select Increments JKU-Pods owner's manual
- Two black plastic speaker enclosures each filled with poly-fill
- Four 2-1/2" hex-head self-tapping screws with washers and gaskets
- 2 Rubber grommets
- 4 Screw head caps
- Installation instructions
Select Increments JKU-Pods reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Select Increments JKU-Pods
Installation: JKU-Pods mount to the factory sport cage, over the factory cloth and padding. Each pod has an opening for the wire, which is routed under the roll bar cover. Mounting hardware is included (four self-tapping Climaseal screws with integrated washers and gaskets).
Applications: The JKU-Pods are compatible with select 2007 to 2018 JK series 4-Door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited models. Please enter you vehicle information to confirm fit.
Speakers: The JKU-Pods are designed to fit your 6¾" speakers, either full range or component sets. Many 6½" speakers will also fit, but because the diagonal screw hole spacing is a little narrow on many 6½s for the 5.55" opening in the pods, typically a 6¾" is a better fit. The opening is pre-cut for the woofer, but not for the tweeter, thus full range speakers or component sets are compatible. Neither Speakers, Wiring, nor Speaker Grills are included.
Tools Required: The following tools may be needed for installation of your JKU-Pod.
- ⅜" Hex-Head driver bit
- Phillips bit
- Exacta knife / razor blade
- Wire cutters / strippers
- Wire terminal crimper
Note: You may need a rotary tool if you have to make the speaker hole slightly larger to fit your desired speaker.
- Box Type: Sealed
- Enclosure Material: Plastic
- Number of Enclosures: 2
- Number of Chambers: 1 per enclosure
- Woofer: 1 per enclosure (pre-cut)
- Tweeter: 1 per enclosure (not pre-cut, so you can mount full range speakers if you prefer)
- Woofer Cutout Shape: Round
- Woofer Cutout Diameter: 5.55"
- Max Woofer Frame Diameter: 6.95"
- Max Woofer Depth: 4.2"
- Tweeter Cutout Diameter: 2.45"
- Max Tweeter Frame Diameter: 2.45" (recommended, so the frame doesn't extend beyond the raised tweeter surface)
- Max Tweeter Depth: 1.5" (estimated at the edges, more than 2" at the center)
- Width: 13"
- Height: 9.625"
- Depth: 6.125"
2 questions already asked
Fit pretty good, look nice. Pretty easy install.
Joseph from Oak Creek, WI