About the Select Increments Mod-Pods
There's nothing like the feeling of the wind in your hair and the sun in your face as you cruise down the highway in your Jeep. Unfortunately, all that wind and road noise can make it difficult to hear the music from your stereo. Select Increments designed Mod-Pod speaker pods to improve the sound of your stereo in the demanding audio environment of your Jeep.
Mod-Pod unloaded speaker enclosures mount under the door of your Jeep — they'll hold a pair of your favorite 5-1/4" speakers. The Mod-Pods radiate the sound directly towards the driver and passenger, so you enjoy improved clarity of sound and better soundstage imaging. The tough plastic enclosures come with mounting hardware.
Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
- vehicle-specific ABS plastic enclosures (pair)
- designed for select 1955-2006 Jeep models
- fit under the doors
- hold 5-1/4" speakers (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MOD-POD
What's in the box:
- Two 5.25" black plastic speaker enclosures each filled with poly-fill
- Four 1.375" hex-head self-tapping screws
- Installation sheet
More details on the Select Increments Mod-Pods
Overview: The Mod-Pods are designed to be installed just beneath the doors in your wrangler. The Mod-Pods throw unobstructed sound toward the driver and passenger. They sound great with the doors on and they combat road noise with the doors off. They make use of wasted space and are contoured to fit snuggly against the jeep body.
Applications: The Mod-Pods are compatible with the following:
- 1997 to 2006 Jeep TJ Wranglers
- 1987 to 1995 Jeep YJ Wranglers*
- 1955 to 1986 Jeep CJ5, CJ7, and CJ8 (Scrambler)*
*may require modifications
Speakers: The Mod-Pods are designed to fit your 5.25" full-range speakers. Neither Speakers, Wiring, nor Speaker Grills are included.
Enclosure: The enclosure is constructed of 1/8" plastic that can withstand years of abuse.
Mod-Pod Installation: In the '97-'06 TJ series Wranglers the Mod-Pod is secured to the Jeep under the driver and passenger doors with two self-drill, hex-head screws per pod. They have a wire lead hole for each pod so the speaker wires easily conceal beneath the carpet as they are run up to the radio. In model years prior to '97 the Mod-Pods are best mounted using construction adhesive.
Tools Required: The following tools may be needed for installation of your Mod-Pod.
- Drill and Phillips bit
- Exacta knife / razor blade
- Wire cutters / strippers
- Wire terminal crimper
- 5/16" socket bit and extension for drill or 5/16" ratchet socket and extension and a small drill bit for pilot holes
Note: You may need a Roto cut-out tool if you have to make the speaker hole slightly larger to fit your desired speaker.
- Box Type: Sealed
- Enclosure Material: Plastic
- Number of Enclosures: 2
- Openings: 1 per enclosure
- Number of Chambers: 1 per enclosure
- Cutout Shape: Round
- Cutout Diameter: 4.5"
- Max Frame Diameter: 6.3125"
- Max Driver Depth: 3.475"
- Width: 8.89"
- Height: 4.612"
- Depth: 6.58"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked