About the Adero Smart Tag and Taglet Starter Kit
Never forget again
Never forget again
It's so frustrating to get all the way to work only to realize you left your laptop at home. I'll admit, it's happened to more than a few of us Crutchfield writers. So whenever I work from home, I make a ridiculous effort — notes on the wall, requests to my husband, calendar entries on my phone — to remind myself not to forget my laptop the next day. This was a perfect situation for testing out Adero's system of Smart Tags and Taglets.
I get a reminder every weekday at 7:45 — so I now spend zero time worrying about forgetting the important stuff.
Setup was simple
The free Adero app walked me through turning my work bag into a smart container. I attached the Smart Tag to the handle. Then I added Taglets to two things I always need when I leave the house with my work bag — my wallet and laptop. Pairing them all with my phone was as easy as pressing a button.
Note that while I only used two Taglets, the kit comes with three — feel free to use 'em all!
The app can do the work for you
When you're about to head out somewhere with your bag, just press the Smart Tag and it will light up green if you're good to go. If you see red, that means something is missing from your container. You can then check the app to see what Taglets aren't in the bag. That is a pretty cool feature, but it still relies on you actually remembering to press the button.
A real strength of Adero is that you can create reminders in the app for all your routine departures — like going off to work. That way you get notified at a designated time if all the Taglets are with your container. And if they're not, a push notification on your phone will tell you what's missing.
- compact, water-resistant devices help you keep track of important things
- easily attach them to suitcases, backpacks, keys, laptops, and more
- use in conjunction with free Adero app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- set up your Smart Tag as a "container" and Taglets as items that go in that container
- create reminders that tell you if everything is in your bag
- "find item" button makes your Smart Tag play a tune so you can locate it (and your lost item)
- communicates via Bluetooth®
Smart Tag (1):
- press when you are ready to leave with your stuff and an integrated LED will indicate if Taglets are in their Smart Tag container
- green light means you're all set
- red light means something is missing (check the app to find out what)
- pair with up to three Taglets
- powered by integrated rechargeable lithium ion battery
- charger included in kit
- battery lasts up to two months on single charge
- diameter 1-7/16" x 3/16"D
- weight: 0.18 oz.
- each Taglet includes an integrated non-rechargeable coin cell battery
- battery lasts approximately 2 years
- press once to test battery — double flash indicates low battery
- diameter 1" x 3/16"D
- weight: 0.08 oz.
Accessories and other info:
- smart tag charger (USB wall adapter not included)
- 3 lanyards
- 1 keychain holder and 3 stick-on adhesive cases for Smart Tag
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PSK1USBLU0131
What's in the box:
- 1 Smart Tag (with attached key ring)
- 3 Taglets
- Smart Tag Charger with attached 39" cable (Type A USB plug)
- 3 Adhesive cases
- 3 Lanyards
- Disposal declaration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Adero Smart Tag and Taglet Starter Kit
Overview: The Adero Intelligent Organization System uses a collection of Smart Tags and Taglets to make sure you have what you need before you leave for work, school, the grocery store, or pretty much anywhere. Smart Tags and Taglets communicate wirelessly with each other (via Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE) to help remind you to take with you the things you need for the day's activity. A press of a button will let you know whether or not your bag contains the needed items. With the Adero app, available for iOS and Android, you can manage your Smart Containers, keep track of your items, and receive feedback if your bag is complete or not. This Adero Starter Kit contains 1 Smart Tags with a charger, 3 Taglets, 1 Key Ring, 3 Lanyards, and 3 Adhesive Cases.
Smart Tags and Taglets: Adero Smart Tags are used to create a Smart Container, and can be attached to your backpack, briefcase, suitcase, purse, diaper bag, gym bag, or any container. Each Smart Tag includes a key ring, lanyard, and adhesive case for attaching it to the bag. Taglets are attached to the essential things that need to go into the Smart Container, such as your electronic devices (laptops, chargers, headphones, etc,) as well as non-electronic items (sports equipment, medicine, baby wipes, wallet, water bottle, check book, Passport). Each Taglet and Adhesive Smart Tag Case has a strong acrylic adhesive for attaching it to your items. Pressing the center of the Smart Tag lights up the LED indicator to let you know if something (a item with a Taglet) is missing (Red LED), or if your bag is complete and ready to go (Green LED). The Smart Tag has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery which lasts up to 2 months with a 1 hour charge in the provided USB-powered Smart Tag Charger. (USB power adapter is not included.) Taglets are powered by a replaceable lithium manganese dioxide battery which lasts approximately 2 years under normal use. Smart Tags and Taglets are durable, heat resistant, and splashproof. Dimensions:
- Smart Tag: Diameter 1.379"; Thickness 0.171"; Weight 0.18 oz.
- Taglet: Diameter 0.967"; Thickness 0.141"; Weight 0.08 oz.
- Smart Tag Charger: Diameter 2.36"; Thickness 0.364"; Weight 2.36 oz.
Organizing Your Bag: The Adero app helps you to organize and keep track of the items you need for every day. You can can create a Smart Container for work or school, sports and activities, or vacation by attaching a Smart Tag and registering it with the app. For each essential item that goes into the Smart Container, you attach a Taglet, pair it to the Smart Tag, and name it in the app. Up to 3 Taglets can be used with a single Smart Tag. (This number will increase with a future product update.) As you pack items in the Smart Container, the Taglets wirelessly interact with the Smart Tag. The app keeps track of each essential item, and lets you know if the bag is ready to go (all items inside), or if some of the items are missing, you'll get a Push Notification to tell you what it is. The Smart Tag has a 90dB ringer, triggered from the app, to help you quickly locate your bag, if needed. The app can also help you locate any missing items by showing you the location where the Taglet was separated from the Smart Tag. You can create reminders to put your Smart Container together ahead of time. Updates and improvements to the Adero Intelligent Organization System will be transmitted through the Adero app. The free Adero app is compatible with devices running iOS (11.0 or later) or Android (5.0 and up).