About the LG 32LE5300
32-inch screens are the utility players of the TV world people put them everywhere, from small living room systems, to bedrooms, kitchens, offices ... you name it. LG's 32LE5300 has an even smaller footprint that most 32" models, but performance-wise, it's a true giant, designed for serious viewing.
A small-screen TV that doesn't miss anything
There are three technologies at work here to ensure that you'll see the full glory of high-definition images. First, an energy-efficient LED backlight improves picture contrast for images with snap and punch. And 120Hz blur reduction keeps video looking smooth and steady, even with fast-action sports and movies. Finally, you've probably noticed that many 32" TVs offer only 720p screen resolution, while the 32LE5300 is "Full HD" 1080p you'll always see every detail in every video source.
Enough inputs to keep you plugged in for years
The 32LE5300 has more HD-capable inputs than most 32" models: four HDMI and two component video. You'll also find a standard PC input, plus a USB port for plugging in a camera or thumb drive to view photos.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- selectable TruMotion 120Hz blur reduction for clearer motion
- LED edge backlight for high contrast and natural colors
- 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Picture Wizard II screen calibration system
- room light sensor with automatic screen brightness adjustment
- built-in stereo speakers (5 watts x 2)
- remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® 4.0 requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 8 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.3 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- USB 2.0 port for photo/video/music playback
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 18-1/2"W x 8-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 30-7/8"W x 19-3/4"H x 1-7/8"D (22"H x 8-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 27.7 lbs. with stand; 23.1 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 32LE5300
What's in the box:
- 32" LED-LCD TV
- Stand base
- Stand body
- Stand rear-cover
- Remote control (AKB72915206)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- 6" Component video adapter (with female component RCA jacks on one end and a male 3.5mm connector on other end)
- 6" AV adapter (with female composite and stereo RCA jacks on one end and male 3.5mm AV connector on other end)
- Four 4mm x 16mm machine screws (with star-washers)
- Four 4mm x 22mm machine screws (with flat and lock washers)
- Screen cleaning cloth
- Mounting screw
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual
- "Important Information note
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Child Safety" sheet
- Product Registration Card
LG 32LE5300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 32LE5300
Features & specs
Edge-Lit LED System: The LG LE5300 series employs an edge-lit LED system which produces superior image quality, with deeper blacks and a wider color gamut, and allows for an ultra-slim design (1.5"). LED-LCD TVs are also more energy efficient compared to conventional TVs
3,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast: The LED-LCD TV delivers a Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 3,000,000:1; which provides stunning colors and deep black, so your picture's details don't get lost in the shadows.
XD Engine: The 32LE5300 utilizes LG's exclusive XD Engine video processing system for crisp images and rich, vibrant colors.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LG 32LE5300 LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
Video Inputs: The LG LED-LCD HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (ver.1.3 w/ Deep Color): The four HDMI inputs (3 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1-3 inputs can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color.
- Component Video: The two Component Video inputs (1 rear/1 side) will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The TV's side-panel component video input consists of a 3.5mm jack and a 6" mini-to-component video adapter. The side-panel component video output shares the audio signal with the side-panel composite audio/video terminal.
- Composite: The TV features a rear-panel and side-panel composite video input which will accept a 480i video signal. The side-panel composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 6" mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
Note: The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
TruMotion 120Hz: TruMotion 120Hz provides clear, smoother images, even during fast action scenes crating a more crisper picture. TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games, and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur; letting the LED-LCD TV keep up with your fast- moving entertainment.
Intelligent Sensor: The LG LED-LCD TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): This feature lets you choose the way an analog picture with a 4:3 aspect ratio is displayed on your TV. You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input). You can select from:
- 4:3: Choose 4:3 when you want to view a picture with an original 4:3 aspect ratio.
- 16:9: Adjust the picture horizontally, in a linear proportion to fill the entire screen.
- Just Scan: Normally the edges of video signals are cropped 1-2%. Just Scan turns off this cropping and shows the complete video.
- Zoom: Choose Zoom when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
- Cinema Zoom: Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. This enlarges an image with cinemascope aspect ratio (2.35:1) without distortion.
- Set By Program: Selects the proper picture proportion to match the source's image (16:9 or 4:3).
Picture Wizard (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG 32LE5300 TV's Picture Wizard (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes (Presets): There are factory presets for picture settings available in the user menu. You can use these preset modes or change each picture setting manually.
- Standard: This mode provides optimum viewing for general use.
- Vivid: Maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness.
- Cinema: Optimizes video for watching videos.
- Sport: Emphasizes dynamic video and primary color for optimum sports watching.
- Game: Provides fast response speed for fast gaming system.
- User: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings
manually. You can adjust the following.
- Backlight: This function adjusts the brightness of the backlight of the LED-LCD screen. Adjusting the back-light is recommended when setting the brightness of the TV. When decreasing the backlight, the brightness of the black becomes darker without any loss in video signal and the power consumption is reduced.
- Contrast: Increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal. You may use Contrast when the bright part of the picture is saturated.
- Brightness: Adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture. You may use Brightness when the dark part of the picture is saturated.
- Sharpness: Adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture. The lower the level, the softer the image.
- Color: Adjusts intensity of all colors.
- Tint: Adjusts the balance between red and green levels.
- Color Temp: Set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG LED-LCD TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid.
- Skin Color: It detects the skin area of video and adjusts it to express a natural skin color.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- Digital Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Clear White: Makes the white area of screen brighter.
- Eye Care: Adjusts the brightness of the screen to prevent the screen from being too bright. Dims extremely bright pictures.
- 24p Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect. DVD and Blu-ray movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps). With 24p Real Cinema, every frame is consistently processed 5 times in 1/24 of a second producing 120 fps with TruMotion or 2 times in 1/24 of a second producing 48 fps without TruMotion, thus totally eliminating the judder effect.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- x.v.YCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Temperature: Adjust the overall color the screen by changing the white baseline.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
ISFccc Mode: This TV contains the detailed calibrations necessary for professional certification by the Imaging Science Foundation. The resulting ISF "day" and "night" modes will then be accessible by the user to experience the best this LG HDTV has to offer. Sophisticated and detailed calibrations can be made through the ISFccc mode. Detailed calibration requires a licensed technician. Please contact your local dealer to inquire about an ISF certified technician.
Invisible Speakers: The LG 32LE5300 contains a unique invisible speaker system, tuned by renowned audio expert, Mr. Mark Levinson. The TV's speakers are embedded in strategic spots behind the front-cabinet and use minute vibrations to turn the entire front bezel into the speaker system. The result is a clean, polished look, and enhanced audio by increasing the "sweet-spot", giving a wider and richer sound field.
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. There is also a User Mode which allows you to adjust the television's Bass & Treble.
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Infinite Sound: Infinite Sound is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Audio Outputs: The LG HDTV features a rear-panel optical digital output and a side-panel headphone (3.5) output.
- Digital Audio Output: A rear-panel optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The TV's digital audio output terminal outputs a Dolby Digital or 2-channel down-mixed PCM signal for use with an external Dolby Digital decoder or other external audio system with an optical audio input.
- Headphone Output: The side-panel Headphone output can be used to connect a set of headphones for private listening, or used to connect an analog receiver.
PC-Compatible: This unit has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase.
Note: The LG -LEDLCD TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1360 x 768 (60Hz).
My Media: The television features a side-panel USB type-A port for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB mass storage class (MSC) device. This TV can playback JPEG still image files, HD DivX/MPEG video files, and MP3 audio files. The LG LED-LCD TV is compatible with the following video, still-image, and audio formats via USB.
|Video Files||Still Image Files||Audio Files|
Supported Movie Files:
|Supported Still Image Files: |
|Supported Audio Files: |
Note: The recommend capacity is 1TB or less for a USB external hard disc and 32GB or less for a USB memory. USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system provided with the Windows operating system.
Slim-Design: The LG LED-LCD TV measures only 2.0625" deep (with cord).
Note: The AC cord's straight plug measures 2.125" from the wall-socket.
On-Screen Simple Manual: You can easily and effectively access the TV's information by viewing a simple on-screen manual on the TV. During the Simple Manual operation, audio will be muted.
AV Modes: AV Mode is three preset picture and audio settings. It allows the viewer to quickly switch between common audio/video settings. It includes Cinema, Sports, and Game Modes. With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of three picture modes for "Cinema," "Sports," or "Games" to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function (V-Chip) is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible to block all program viewing for a time period. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Key Lock: This feature can be used to prevent unauthorized viewing by locking out the front panel controls, so that it can only be used with the remote control.
ENERGY STAR Certified: The LG 32LE5300 exceeds ENERGY STAR requirements by incorporating the Smart Energy Saving Feature, so you can conserve energy and money. This feature reduces the TV's power consumption by lowering the backlight level.
Timers: The LED-LCD TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Remote Control: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the LG LED-LCD television and SIMPLINK connected components.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV Device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Switch Audio-Out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
RS-232C Port (Control & Service): The RS-232C on this TV is intended to be used with third party RS-232C control hardware and software. The RS-232C port allows you connect the RS-232C input jack to an external control device (such as a computer or an A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 27.7 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 200mm horizontal x 100mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 4mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 23.1 lbs without the stand.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock. This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
The LG 32LE5300 replaces these items
- 4 HDMI inputs
- video and music streaming from a compatible PC
- 2 USB ports for photo/video/music playback
- LED backlight for high contrast and natural colors
- 4 HDMI inputs
- USB port for photo/video/music playback