About the LG 34WK95U-W
A monitor for multitaskers
A monitor for multitaskers
If you've been craving a monitor with more real estate, check out LG's 34" UltraWide 34WK95U-W. Its 21:9 screen lets you work in a generous 5:9 area while simultaneously viewing a 16:9 4K video on the same screen. LG's Virtually Borderless Design features an ultra-thin bezel so all you see is screen.
The 34WK95U-W has the resolution, color accuracy, and precise adjustments to excel at photo work and other demanding display tasks. Its wide color gamut covers 98% of the DCI-P3 space, the digital film industry standard. And this monitor is designed to work with compatible calibration devices that ensure precise adjustments of color, brightness, and more.
The 34WK95U-W has HDMI, DisplayPort, and Thunderbolt 3 inputs.
- 34" screen (measured diagonally)
- 5K/2K screen resolution (5120 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing 4K/HDR content
- 21:9 aspect ratio (33% more screen than 16:9)
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Nano IPS™ panel provides wide viewing angles
- LED backlight provides crisp picture contrast
- display brightness: 450 nits
- 1200:1 contrast ratio
- supports 10-bit color, can display over one billion colors
- 98% coverage of DCI-P3 color gamut
- color-calibrated for accurate colors
- VESA-certified DisplayHDR™ 600
- anti-glare coating for enhanced visibility
- 2 HDMI inputs
- HDMI inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K devices
- 1 DisplayPort input
- 1 Thunderbolt 3 input
- 3 USB ports (1 Type-B up-stream, 2 Type-A down-stream)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output
- built-in stereo speakers (5 watts x 2)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- pedestal stand with adjustable height and tilt
- dimensions with stand: 32-1/4"W x 22"H x 9-1/4"D (up); 17-3/4"H (down)
- dimensions without stand: 32-1/4"W x 14-1/4"H x 2-1/4"D
- weight: 19.4 lbs. with stand; 16.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 34WK95U-W
What's in the box:
- 34" LED-LCD Monitor
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- AC power cord
- Thunderbolt cable
- DisplayPort cable
- USB Upstream cable
- Cable holder
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product registration information
- Warranty information
- Graphic Card Requirement
- Compact Disc
- Quality Assurance Report
- Handling Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 34WK95U-W
UltraWide Monitor: The 5K2K 21:9 display of the LG 34WK95U offers 5120 x 2160 resolution optimized for video editors, programmers and developers. Multitaskers can now work in a generous 5:9 area, while simultaneously viewing a 16:9 4K video on the same screen.
Nano IPS: The Nano IPS panel controls color better, covering 98% of the DCI-P3 color space, the digital film industry standard. Nanometer-sized particles on the screen's LED absorb excess light wavelengths, realizing richer color expression that accurately reproduces all content, from actual images and videos to CG.
HDR 600: High dynamic range (HDR) delivers more accurate color and a broader contrast ratio to make bright and dark portions of the images look even better. Discover a more lifelike picture with high dynamic range, which provides bolder contrast between the brightest and darkest areas of the screen. This HDR 600 monitor has been rated to deliver impressive peak luminance of 600 nits for undeniably spectacular highlights.
DCI-P3 Color Range: Editing on-site footage with full color expression is possible with DCI-P3 Digital Cinema Color Standard. It reproduces digital color content just as you intended with the preview camera on site; allowing for accurate conditions like shadow detail, color, saturation & brightness for precise editing & overall control in post-production.
Computer Monitor Connectivity: The LG 34WK95U display monitor is equipped with a variety of audio/video inputs - including HDMI, DisplayPort, and Thunderbolt 3 - to connect to your laptop or computer.
- HDMI: The display monitor features two HDMI inputs that support audio and video signal transfer. The HDMI inputs support video resolutions as low as 640 x 480 (59Hz) and as high as 3840 x 2160 (60Hz).
- Thunderbolt 3: Thunderbolt 3 uses a USB-C type connection and provides audio/video signal, plus upstream data transfer and simultaneous laptop charging from a single cable connection, simplifying your setup. Thunderbolt 3 enables 40Gbps data and high-bandwidth video, including a 4K signal to two different screens, or 5K/60fps to a single screen. Transferring data at speeds of up to 40Gb/s is 2x times faster than Thunderbolt 2 and 8x faster than USB 3.
- DisplayPort: The DisplayPort provides video signal transfer only (no audio or data is transferred). The DisplayPort supports video resolutions as low as 640 x 480 (59Hz) and a high as 5120 x 2160 (60Hz).
USB Inputs/Outputs: The 34WK95U is outfitted with two USB 3.0 (type-A) inputs for connecting a keyboard and mouse for control of the display monitor. The USB inputs can also be used to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device loaded with audio, video, and photo files for enjoyment on the display monitor. The LG 34WK95U display monitor also offers a USB-B port for upstreaming data to your computer or laptop.
Built-in Speaker + Headphone Out: The LG 34WK95U features a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of headphones or powered speakers. The display monitor is also equipped with 5 watt stereo speakers.
Simple Controls: On-Screen Control puts a host of essential monitor settings into a handy window for quick, easy access. Volume, brightness, picture mode presets, Screen Split and more can now be adjusted with just a few clicks of the mouse, instead of hard buttons on the monitor.
Video Settings: The LG display monitor offers several Picture Modes - including Custom, Standard, Vivid, HDR Effect, Reader, Cinema, sRGB, DCI-P3, EBU, REC709, SMPTE-C, Color Weakness, or Calibration 1/2. You can also manually adjust the monitor's Brightness, Sharpness, Contrast, Black, Color, and Resolution levels. In addition there is an Auto Brightness setting. You can even adjust the monitors Aspect Ratio to Full Wide, Original, Just Scan, Cinema 1, or Cinema 2. Advance picture settings include Response Time and and Local Dimming adjustment.
Mounting Options: The LG display monitor includes a pedestal stand that allows you to mount the monitor on your desk, tabletop, or other flat surface. The pedestal stand offers height (4.3") and tilt (-5 to 15 degrees) adjustment. The display monitor can also be wall-mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The TV has four 4M threaded inserts on back-panel that are spaced 100mm apart to attach an optional wall-mount bracket.
Note: Make sure to leave 3.9" of clearance around the display monitor for adequate ventilation.
Virtually Borderless Design: With an ultra-thin bezel, the slim and sleek design unites form and function to offer a virtually borderless visual viewing experience, without distraction from the precise, gorgeous image.
Automatic Standby: The display monitor can be set to automatically go into standby mode if there is no video image for approximately 4, 6, or 8 hours.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?