About the LG 43NANO75UQA
A value-packed LG NanoCell TV
The LG 43NANO75UQA offers a crisp, colorful picture and convenient smart features.
A value-packed LG NanoCell TV
The NanoCell 75 series delivers a vibrant picture with an expansive range of over a billion shades of color. Plus, it includes a suite of helpful smart features like voice control and extra perks for gamers. That's a lot of value for one of LG's most affordable 4K TV lines.
LG's powerful Alpha 5 Gen 5 processor analyzes and improves this TV's already sharp picture. It upscales your non-4K sources too, so you can enjoy the great picture LG is known for, no matter what you're watching.
4K enhanced by HDR
Enjoy 4K picture quality with a range of movies and TV shows now available on streaming services like Netflix®, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video. LG's Active HDR further improves the TV's contrast and color, bringing out additional detail and depth when viewing HDR-encoded programs. There's a ton of streaming content out there that supports HDR and it's the standard for UHD Blu-ray discs, so if you're connecting a 4K Blu-ray player, you're good to go.
With Game Optimizer, you can quickly adjust your settings with modes designed to help you get the most out of popular genres like first-person shooters, real-time strategy, and roleplaying games. This TV's HGiG-approved HDR performance can also be auto-tailored for games, improving detail and shading so you don't miss key visual cues while you're playing. And it features ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) to ensure your games stay responsive at all times.
If that wasn't enough, LG includes support for cloud gaming with Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce NOW built right into the TV (requires separate subscription and game controllers).
Smart features and intuitive control
The included Magic Remote has a mic built right in. This means you can control the TV and search streaming services with your voice. Just press a button and start talking. And with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa built in, you can easily integrate the TV into an existing smart home system. ThinQ AI lets your TV act as a hub for other smart devices in your home.
The Magic Remote's motion controls let you point and click like with a computer mouse. There's even a click wheel to let you quickly scroll through menus.
Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you easily stream content from an iPhone® or other iOS® device directly to the TV.
- 42.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- TruMotion 120 blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
- Real 4K NanoCell Display provides accurate colors, even at wider viewing angles
- Active HDR (HDR10, HLG) Dynamic Tone Mapping for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- direct LED backlight
- Alpha 5 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K improves noise reduction, sharpness, contrast, and color
- 4K Upscaler upconverts standard-def and high-def video to near-4K quality
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- Nano Color provides expanded color range with Billion Rich Colors (8-bit panel with 10-bit dithering)
- Game Optimizer lets you quickly access all of your gaming settings
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) for smooth, lag-free game play
- HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) mode calibrates tone-mapping for accurate detail and shading
- supports cloud gaming with Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce NOW (subscriptions required)
Video source compatibility:
- stream 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner can receive over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV features:
- LG ThinQ® AI makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- built-in Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad®, or Mac®
- Sports Alert lets you set favorite teams and players to receive automated updates
- built-in Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Room to Room Share lets you stream cable or satellite content from another compatible TV via Wi-Fi (sold separately)
- 3 HDMI 2.0b inputs
- all inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- HDMI 2 supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in down-firing 2.0-channel speaker system (20 watts total power)
- Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- LG Sound Sync lets you wirelessly pair compatible LG sound bars to your TV
- AI Sound Pro virtually simulates surround sound for a more cinematic TV experience
General info and included accessories:
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 200mm x 200mm
- dimensions: 38-1/8"W x 24-1/2"H x 8-5/8"D with stand; 38-1/8"W x 22-1/4"H x 2-1/2"D without stand
- stand footprint: 31-1/2"W x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 20.5 lbs. with stand; 20.2 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor — in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 43NANO75UQA
What's in the box:
- 43" LED-LCD TV
- 2 Pedestal feet
- 5' AC power cord
- Magic Remote (MR22GA)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Two M4x16mm screws
- 2 Cable-clips
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Using Magic Remote Control Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Product Registration Card
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
LG 43NANO75UQA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the LG 43NANO75UQA
Features & specs
Network & USB Functions
Voice, App, & Remote Control
NanoCell Display Technology: LG's NanoCell technology is a breakthrough in display technology that advances the LCD TV viewing experience by combining an expanded color gamut with the ability to more accurately create those colors, resulting in superior picture quality regardless of viewing angle. NanoCell technology uses nano particles that absorb unwanted light wavelengths and enhances the purity of the red and green colors displayed on the screen. The result is dramatic, enhanced picture quality at wider viewing angles to give you an incredible cinematic experience.
- Nano Color: The NanoCell display utilizes LG's Nano Color technology to reveal a billion lifelike colors, 64x richer than conventional TV. This ability to produce a full spectrum of color results in superior picture quality. Your favorite shows and movies are flawlessly reproduced with colors that are vivid and accurate. *Billion Rich Colors is achieved through 10 bit dithering (not actual 10-bit panel).
- Direct-Lit with Frame Dimming: Direct-Lit technology uses several rows of LEDs placed behind the entire surface of the TV's screen. It also utilizes frame dimming to change the brightness of the TV's backlight on a frame-by-frame basis to produce contrast between dark and light scenes.
- IPS Panel: LG's IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel makes any seat the best in the house, with a clearer and more consistent image at wide viewing angles compared to conventional screens. IPS delivers authentic colors, virtually identical to the original image - even from a 60-degree angle. Witness colors as true-to-life as nature intended, vibrant across even a large screen, with the stunning clarity of 4K resolution.
a5 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K: LG's a5 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K gives you a smooth, crisp viewing experience with enhanced resolution, contrast, color and blacks. The LG NanoCell TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through thanks to its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before.
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
Active HDR with Dynamic Tone Mapping: LG's Active HDR with Dynamic Tone Mapping supports a variety of HDR formats - including HDR10 & HLG. Thanks to the TV's Active HDR technology and Dynamic Tone Mapping, HDR video content is optimized with the correct amount of brightness and contrast, so all types of HDR content can be displayed beautifully. HDR (High Dynamic Range video) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This TV does not support Dolby Vision.
TruMotion 120Hz: The TV employs LG's proprietary TruMotion 120Hz backlight scanning system to further enhance the TV's 60Hz native panel refresh rate to reduce blur and yield crisper details; even during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies. You can select between 5 TruMotion modes - Off, Cinematic (theater-like movement), Natural (clear movement), Smooth (softens movement), or User (de-judder).
Gaming Optimizer: Game Optimizer gives you easier access to all your game settings, plus you'll get Auto Low-Latency (ALLM) Mode and HGiG for a detailed gaming picture. ALLM lets the TV automatically recognize when a gaming console or gaming PC is connected and in use. HGiG is a HDR gaming profile that enables the the TV to render images the way they were intended to be seen by the creator.
HDMI 2.0b: The LG NanoCell TV is equipped with a total of 3 HDMI 2.0b inputs. The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The HDMI inputs are 4K/60Hz, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color subsampling and HDR compatible.
- 4K/60Hz: The three HDM 2.0b inputs will support up to 4K/60Hz video. It also supports 1080p, 1080i, and 720, and 480p video signals. 480i video signal are not supported.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You will need to enable this feature in the menu. 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 are also supported by any of the HDMI inputs, by default.
Note: There are no analog composite or component video inputs.
Picture Adjustments: The LG NanoCell TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings. These picture settings can be applied to all source inputs or individual source inputs.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- 4-Way Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness based on ambient conditions to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds for fast gaming
- Filmmaker Mode: provides optimized cinema picture quality certified by UHD Alliance, the standard setting body for UHD-related technologies; it lets you see a director's vision for his or her movie by translating the director's cinematic vision to the TV with automatic picture and processor settings that deliver true authenticity
- Expert Modes: there are two Expert Modes - ISF Day and ISF Night; the ISF modes allow fine-tuning of the picture for both day and nighttime viewing.
Settings: The TV offers a variety of settings and adjustments to customize the brightness and contrast level of the television.
- Panel Brightness: adjusts the backlight brightness of the TV panel to brighten or darken the screen
- Peak Brightness: adjusts peak brightness for the brightest luminance
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast between bright and dark areas on the screen
- Auto Dynamic Contrast: optimizes contrast settings based on image brightness
- Video Range: adjusts the darkness of the screen in order to display better blacks
- Gama: adjusts the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Color Settings: You can adjust the color, depth, and range of the TV.
- Color Depth: adjusts the color depth of screen to make it brighter or darker
- Tint: adjusts the ratio for red and green color in the image
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- Fine Tune: fine tune the color to your personal taste
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Clarity Settings: You are able to adjust a variety of Clarity settings according to your preference and remove noise from the screen.
- Sharpness: increase or decrease edge sharpness for more distinct image
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Smooth Gradation: reduces the jagged edges for a smooth picture
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- TruMotion: optimizes image quality for fast moving scenes
Built-in OTA Tuner: The LG NanoCell TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is used to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
AI Sound Pro: The LG NanoCell TV features AI (Artificial Intelligent) Sound Pro with a dedicated AI Sound Mode and AI Acoustic Tuning, so you hear the perfect sound for your content and room. .
- AI Sound Mode: When AI Sound Mode is activated, the TV's sound quality is augmented by an intelligent algorithm that can up-mix two-channel audio to deliver convincing virtual surround sound. The AI Sound Mode optimizes output based on content type, making voices clearer in movies, dramas and news broadcasts, among others.
- AI Acoustic Tuning: With the AI Acoustic Tuning feature, the TV can detect the space where it is installed using the included Magic Remote's microphone to optimize the audio of the TV for your environment. When the initial detection is complete, you can select your desired audio mode. You can choose from Standard, Bass, Treble, or Off.
Note: You can also optimize the TV's built-in speaker sound performance by indicating if the the television is going to be placed on a stand or mounted on a wall.
Equalizer with Clear Voice: You can select from Preset Sound modes such as Standard, Cinema, Clear Voice, Sports, Music, and Game. Clear Voice automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels. You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
Auto Volume & AV Sync: You can set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels. In addition, if the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video. Both of these features are only available when using the TV's internal speakers.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 2 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. eARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI eARC input.
- The TV's HDMI Inputs and LG Store apps (like Netflix or Vudu) can be output as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- The audio from the TV's tuner and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital and 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
- This TV supports the pass-through of a compressed Dolby Atmos audio signal via Dolby Digital Plus. It does not support uncompressed Dolby Atmos via Dolby TrueHD.
- This TV does not support DTS audio formats.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
- You can choose to turn the television speakers off or leave them on with the TV's optical digital output active.
- The optical digital audio output cannot be used simultaneously with the TV's HDMI eARC.
- The optical digital audio output does not support DTS audio formats.
- This TV does not offer an analog audio output
Built-In Bluetooth: The LG TV offers built-in Bluetooth with support for Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP), Bluetooth Surround, and Bluetooth Receiver mode.
- Bluetooth Transmitter: Thanks to the TV's built-in Bluetooth 5.0 and support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you can connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, one Bluetooth speaker, or a pair of Bluetooth speakers with the LG TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. Both the internal speakers of the TV and and a connected Bluetooth speaker can be used to output the sound at the same time. The TV's optical digital output and HDMI eARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level.
- Bluetooth Surround: You can connect a pair of Bluetooth speakers (including the LG XBoom Speakers - sold separately) for wireless surround sound with the TV's built-in speakers. Compatible LG speakers include LG PK7/7W/5/5W, PL7/5, PN7/5, RL3, RM2, RN9/7/5, ON9/7/5.
- Bluetooth Receiver: You can also wirelessly connect a Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to play audio from your Bluetooth source device through the TV's speakers.
Note: Not guaranteed to be compatible with all Bluetooth devices. Does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making or answering phone calls.
Network & USB Functions
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG NanoCell TV supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the TV's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Built-in WiFi: The LG TV offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- Ethernet Jack: The LG NanoCell TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Content Store: The LG Content Store allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, sports, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch online movie & TV show providers from Amazon Video, HBO Max, Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, Peacock TV, ShowTime, Vudu, and more. You'll also be able to watch live TV broadcasts from Hulu Live, fuboTV, Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- For The Kids: Get access to YouTube Kids, Kidoodle.TV, and more for your children and the young at heart.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Tidal, and more.
- Gaming: You will have access to an extensive library of games through gaming industry leaders like NVIDIA GeForce Now and Stadia. USB-enabled or Bluetooth-enabled gamepad is required and sold separately
- News, Weather & Sports: Enjoy news, weather, & sports from CBS News, AccuWeather, CBS Sports, and more.
Notes: 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 25Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
LG Channel Plus: LG Channel Plus (powered by XUMO) offers 100 free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including NBC and CBS News, PBS Digital Studios, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, and more). LG Channel Plus features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access.
Apple Certified: The LG NanoCell TV offers support for Apple TV and AirPlay 2, so you can enjoy your iTune Movies & TV shows, as well as mirror your Apple iOS device on the TV.
- Built-In Apple TV: The LG NanoCell TV features built-in Apple TV with support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the LG NanoCell TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app can be controlled via the Magic Remote or voice recognition.
- Apple AirPlay 2: With support for AirPlay 2 via an over-the-network firmware update, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the LG NanoCell TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
Room-To-Room Share (Future Firmware Update): Room-to-Room Share lets you mirror cable or satellite content from one 2022-up compatible LG TV to another in your home on the same wireless network, without the need for an additional cable or satellite both in the other room. Some 2022-up LG TVs allow sharing and receiving of this content, while other 2022-up LG TVs are only receivers. This LG TV only supports receiving of cable or satellite content wirelessly over WiFi.
Note: Room-To-Room Share only supports cable and satellite content from a cable or satellite box plugged into the TV's HDMI input and then wirelessly distributed over WiiFi (not compatible with other media content).
DLNA + Plex Content Sharing: DLNA & Plex compatibility lets you stream select video, photo, and audio files stored on your computer to the LG TV over your home's WiFi network. DLNA is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and other DLNA network devices and servers. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC. Plex Media Server software is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and Mac (OSX 10.9 or newer).
Dual USB Ports: The television features two USB (type-A) 2.0 ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television even lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
- Compatible Video Files: AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, MOV, WMV, & Vob.
- Compatible Photo Files: JPEG, PNG, & BMP
- Compatible Audio Files: MP3, WMA, FLAC, & OGG
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
Voice, App, & Remote Control
Magic Remote: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. The Magic Remote automatically pairs with the TV via Bluetooth and has a wireless operating range up to 32.8'.
- Remote Controller/Mouse Pointer: The Magic Remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons. There are also dedicated buttons on the remote for accessing Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and LG Channels.
- Voice Command Functions: The Magic Remote's built-in microphone enables voice command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, and volume control. Simply press-and-hold the "Google" or "Alexa" button on the remote to activate Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. You can tune TV stations, browse TV shows & movies from online apps, search the web, and raise the volume up/down.
Note: The Magic Remote can be programmed to operate other components (such as a Blu-ray player or satellite/cable box) via IR. In addition, the LG TV is equipped with an IR receiver and can be operated from a universal IR remote control (sold separately).
Digital Voice Assistance: The Magic Remote's built-in microphone enables voice control from Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. You'll be able to control live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, volume control, and certain menu settings with only your voice. Not only can you use your voice to control the TV, but also operate other Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, control compatible smart home devices, manage tasks, find answers to your questions, and more. Both digital voice assistants can be used (you don't have to choose one or the other).
- Google Assistant: The TV's Google Assistant can be set up by pressing and holding the Magic Remote's "Google" button and following the TV's on-screen prompts. You can then simply press an hold the "Google" button on the remote to activate the Google Assistant and then speak your desired request ("Hi or Ok Google" wakeup voice commands are not supported). External Google Assistant enabled devices (sold separately) can also be used to to control the TV. You will need to download and setup the free Google Home App (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible mobile device.
- Amazon Alexa: Amazon Alexa can also be utilized along with or instead of the Google Assistant. You will need to setup Amazon Alexa on the TV by pressing and holding the "Alexa" button on the Magic Remote and following the TV's on-screen prompts. To initiate Alexa, you will need to press and hold the "Alexa" button. While holding this button down, you can say your command ("Alexa" wakeup voice command is not supported). External Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) can also be utilized to operate the TV. You will need to download and setup the free Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) on your compatible mobile device
- The TV will need to be connected to your home's network and internet provider to utilize Google Assistant or Alexa voice control.
- You will need to agree to Google's or Amazon's privacy statement to enable voice assistant control.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ w/ Voice Control: The LG TV goes a step further than basic voice control commands with the integration of AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ. AI ThinQ is able to achieve intelligent voice-activated control by employing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and LG's exclusive deep learning platform (Deep ThinQ). The LG TV with AI ThinQ can process hundreds of voice commands. You are able to speak into the Magic Remote's built-in mic to enjoy the ultra-convenient features of the latest advanced voice assistant technology with deep learning capability. AI ThinQ lets you use your voice to control television functions, search for content, and even manage your connected smart home devices.
- TV Control: By utilizing the TV's built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG), AI ThinQ delivers real-time information and locates channels with desired content. You can even say "search for this movie's soundtrack" or "turn off the TV when this program is over" without repeating the program's title or specifying a time. You can also ask the TV to play your favorite show, search for a new movie, check information about a cast member or director, and more. Additional voice commands include - Turn Off, Volume Up/Down, Channel Selection, Switch Input, Control Playback, Content Search & Recommendations, Launch Apps, Change Settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: Beyond controls for the TV, LG's AI ThinQ uses intelligent voice control to create a hub for your smart home and IoT devices. By functioning as a smart home hub, the LG TV can access LG SmartThinQ compatible smart home products on your network - such as refrigerators, washers/dryers, robotic vacuum cleaners, air conditioners/purifiers, smart lights and outlets, as well as many other devices that connect to the TV via your home's WiFi network.
Apple HomeKit w/ Siri: Apple HomeKit lets you easily and securely control smarthome products using the Apple Home app or by asking Siri on your Apple iOS devices. The LG NanoCell TV can be added to the Apple Home app and included in scenes or automations with other HomeKit accessories. For example, you can create a "Movie Night" scene in the Home app to easily turn on your TV and dim the lights, and simply ask Siri to launch the scene. The Apple Home app can also be used to directly control select functions of the TV; such as power on/off, input selection, and volume up/down. However, the LG NanoCell TV cannot be used to control your Apple HomeKit devices
LG ThinQ App: The LG ThinQ App (for Android OS 7.0+ & Apple iOS 12.0+) allows you to control the NanoCell TV and compatible smarthome devices from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can also share the screen of your Apple iOS or Android OS on the TV using the LG ThinQ App. The LG NanoCell TV and your compatible Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- TV Control: The LG ThinQ App lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote control for the TV. You'll be able to change channels, select inputs, search online apps, control the volume, adjust menu settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: The LG ThinQ App also gives you control over LG ThinQ smart home devices and appliances from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device. From the ThinQ app on your mobile device you can control and see the status of your compatible LG Washer & Dryer, Air Conditioner, or robot vacuum.
- Screen Share: Screen Share is integrated into the LG ThinQ App, allowing you to view the screen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device on the LG TV screen.
HDMI-CEC: HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the TV via HDMI from the television's Magic Remote. HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) provides the following remote control functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a HDMI-CEC compatible device which is connected to the TV via HDMI, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything else.
- Device Control: HDMI-CEC also enables you to control compatible devices connected to the television via HDMI with the TV's remote control.
- Main Power On/Off: Via HDMI-CEC, turning off the TV will turn off all of your HDMI-CEC connected devices. In addition, turning on a HDMI-CEC connected device will turn the TV on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG NanoCell TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
WebOS 22: LG's latest WebOS 22 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive WebOS 22 pulls together all your content choices and serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, what you might like to watch next, and the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games from the LG Content Store. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive WebOS 22 user interface.
- Program Guide & My Channels: While watching TV, you can easily search for other channels using the Program Guide or My Channels. The television's built-in Program Guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later. You can also add channels you frequently watch to "My Channels" to easily check which programs are airing on those channels.
- User Profile Recommendations: You can setup personal profiles (up to 10) for each member in your house, so you can enjoy a more customized viewing experience. Under each profile, you can set up fast access to your favorite streaming services, get tailored content recommendations based on viewing history and receive real time alerts to keep up with favorite sports teams. The TV will also remember and display the most recent apps you've used for easier access. .
- Sports Alert: WebOS 22 gives sports fans a new way to stay informed. Sports Alert gives updates on your favorite teams, start times, and scores; even while you're watching other content. Easily switch to games without searching for the channel. Sports Alert provides real-time alerts for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Premier League and more.
- Quick Settings: The Quick Settings Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions - such as Picture Mode, Aspect Ratio, Sound Mode, Sound Out, Sleep Timer, and Network.
Closed Captions & Audio Guidance: The LG NanoCell TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guidance for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guidance, which describes when you change channels or inputs, adjust the volume up or down, and make changes in the menu settings.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input and application block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto (based on ambient room conditions), Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Pedestal Feet: The LG NanoCell TV is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 20.5 lbs with the feet attached. The TV does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 200mm (h) x 200mm (v). The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 20.2 lbs without the stand.
Ventilation Requirements: When mounting the TV on the wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.75" from the wall.
The LG 43NANO75UQA replaces these items
- Real 4K NanoCell Display provides accurate colors and reduced screen reflections
- Quad Core Processor 4K improves picture contrast, sharpness, and color
- TruMotion 120 (60Hz refresh rate)
1 question already asked
Purchased as gift. Original TV had cracked screen. Crutchfield replaced it immediately with next day delivery. Recipient is very happy with the TV. I congratulate Crutchfield on their great service. Highly recommended.
Jerry Edward from Fredericksburg, VA