About the LG OLED55GXPUA
Theater-quality picture, museum-quality design
LG OLED55G1PUA (2021 model) vs. LG OLED55GXPUA (2020 model)New features for 2021:
- OLED evo display panel is brighter
- redesigned Magic Remote has NFC support
- WebOS 6.0 offers full-screen streaming interface
Theater-quality picture, museum-quality design
LG's GX series OLED models are among the thinnest TVs available.
OLED TVs have always been really thin, but most also have a thicker section to hold the TV's electronics and inputs. The OLED55GXPUA shows off LG's elegantly slender Gallery Design — the entire TV is less than an inch thick! LG includes a custom bracket that lets you mount this TV flat against the wall. With no visible gap between the TV and the wall, and an ultra-thin bezel, it's a stunning piece of industrial art.
The '55GXPUA's gorgeous picture is virtually identical to that of LG's OLED55CXPUA, but in addition to its sleeker design, this GX model adds a future-ready NextGen TV tuner, and delivers superior sound, with more speakers and more power.
Absolute black, wide viewing angles, and smooth, clear motion
By now you're probably aware of OLED's key picture quality advantage — every one of its 8.3 million pixels can switch off completely, producing absolute black. OLED's unmatched contrast and black levels are frequently praised in our customer reviews because most people have never seen that before on a TV screen. Once you have, you'll notice that "black" on non-OLED TVs looks more like dark gray.
The OLED55GXPUA also delivers brilliant colors, with near-perfect coverage of the P3 color format used for digital cinema and HDR movies. Colors pop, and thanks to the '55GXPUA's advanced anti-glare screen coating, you'll see a vivid picture even in bright rooms. And if you like to watch TV with family or friends, you won't mind giving up the center seat — OLED images maintain exceptional contrast and color even for viewers seated off to the sides.
An OLED TV's pixels switch on and off with such lightning speed that motion blur in fast-action sports really isn't an issue. However, OLED isn't immune to occasional motion judder on side-to-side camera pans when watching movies or TV shows. The OLED55GXPUA features LG's latest Alpha 9 Gen 3 AI Processor 4K, which smooths out motion judder without adding the artificial-looking "soap opera effect."
Cinematic sights and sounds
The OLED55GXPUA supports the HDR10 format, which is mandatory for streamed 4K material and 4K Blu-ray movies. It also handles the more sophisticated Dolby Vision® format, which adjusts brightness and color levels in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene basis. New for 2020, LG's Dolby Vision IQ feature automatically adjusts picture settings based on your room's lighting and the content you're watching.
LG's premium TVs are among the few to include Dolby Atmos 3D sound processing. It can send Dolby Atmos audio to the TV's speakers, or to an A/V receiver via HDMI/eARC, when you're using the TV's HDMI inputs or built-in streaming apps.
A smart, convenient hub for all your connected devices
The '55GXPUA's built-in web apps give you easy, instant access to loads of streaming services: Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV+, and many more. With LG's ThinQ® AI intelligent voice control, you can just say, "Hi, LG," or speak directly into the remote's microphone to operate the TV as well as a variety of compatible smart devices. ThinQ AI also integrates the voice assistants you already know: Google Assistant and Alexa. (Google Assistant and Alexa commands must be spoken into the remote.)
LG's latest Magic Remote is simple and fun to use — it's my favorite TV remote. You can point, click, scroll or speak into the remote to find exactly what you want, searching across apps, movies, TV shows and the web, all at the same time.
With built-in support for Apple® AirPlay® 2, you can stream content wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® to a much bigger screen.
The ultra-thin Gallery Series is designed to be wall-mounted, so there is no stand included.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- self-illuminating OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display panel produces infinite picture contrast
- pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel's 8.3 million pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely, for exceptional detail and absolute black
- 4K Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision®, HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Alpha 9 Gen 3 AI Processor 4K with 4-step noise reduction improves clarity, sharpness, contrast, and color
- AI Upscaling upconverts standard-def and high-def video to near-4K quality
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- 10-bit panel can display over one billion colors
- 120Hz refresh rate with OLED Motion Pro processing for smooth, clear motion
- immersive gaming features:
- HDMI 2.1 features: 40 Gbps bandwidth, 4K @ 120Hz, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
- supports variable refresh rate: Nvidia G-SYNC®, and AMD FreeSync™ (requires future firmware update)
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 tuner is capable of receiving over-the-air 4K broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- LG ThinQ® AI makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- built-in Google Assistant and Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- 4 HDMI 2.1
- 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm headphone output — can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 3 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in down-firing 4.2 speaker system (60 watts total)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- can send Dolby Atmos® audio to the TV's speakers, or to an A/V receiver via HDMI/eARC, when using the TV's HDMI inputs or built-in streaming apps
- WiSA ready and compatible with WiSA-enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers for creating a wireless 5.1-channel audio system
General Features & Info:
- ultra-thin Gallery Design allows TV to be mounted flat against the wall
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- a separate far-field microphone for voice commands is built into the TV
- dimensions: 48-1/4"W x 27-3/4"H x 7/8"D
- weight: 48 lbs.
- does not come with a stand (LG flush-mount bracket is included)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- optional LG Gallery Series pedestal feet sold separately, #689GXDV55 $99.99
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # OLED55GXPUA
What's in the box:
- LG OLED TV:
- 55" OLED TV
- Magic Remote (MR20GA)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 35" Stereo minijack AV to composite video/stereo RCA adapter
- 6.5' Dual IR blaster
- 2 Sections of two-sided tape
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Magic Remote User Information
- "How to Use LG ThinQ" sheet
- "Alexa" instructions
- Wall-Mount Bracket note
- Warranty Information
- Registration Card
- "Be careful when cleaning the TV screen" note
- LG Wall Mount Bracket:
- Wall-mount bracket
- 8 Lag-bolts
- 8 Concrete-anchors
- 4 Self-adhesive plastic strips
- Installation Instructions
- Wall-Mount Template
- Warranty Card
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
LG OLED55GXPUA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG OLED55GXPUA
Features & specs
|Screen Resolution (pixels)||3840 x 2160|
|Screen Refresh Rate||120 Hz|
|Backlight Type||Self-illuminating (no backlight)|
|Quantum Dot Color (for LCD TVs)||N/A for OLED TVs|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||Yes|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||Yes|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||4|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)|
|Internet Movie Streaming||via WebOS|
|Bluetooth Audio Streaming||Yes|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Video Processing Technology||a9 Gen 3 Processor 4K|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home|
|Series Name||LG GX (Gallery Series)|
|Audio Return Channel||eARC supported|
|Component Video Inputs||0|
|Composite Video Inputs||0|
|3.5mm Composite A/V Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Audio Output||
1 Rear |
|Analog Audio/Headphone Output||3.5mm|
|Estimated Yearly Electricity Use (EnergyGuide)||204 kWh|
|Estimated Yearly Energy Cost (EnergyGuide)||$24|
|Dimensions & Mounting Information|
|Height with Stand (inches)||30-1/8|
|Height without Stand (inches)||27-3/4|
|Depth with Stand (inches)||10-3/4|
|Depth without Stand (inches)||0-7/8|
|Stand Width (inches)||46|
|Weight with Stand||49.6 lbs|
|Weight without Stand||48 lbs|
|Wall Bracket Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hole Pattern||300 x 300mm|
|Bezel Dimensions||0.0625 x 0.0625 x 0.0625|
OLED TV: "OLED" means organic light-emitting diode, named for the advanced material used in the TV's screen. The secret to OLED is this unique light-emitting diode structure with its electroluminescent layer, a special film made from an organic, carbon-based compound that emits its own light when hit with an electric current. A thin-film transistor (TFT) backplane switches each specific pixel on and off. Because OLED TVs do not require a backlight, pixels that are switched off are truly black, so OLED achieves deeper black levels and a higher contrast ratio when compared to LCD and LED-LCD TVs with conventional backlighting.
- Pixel Level Dimming w/ Infinite Contrast Ratio: LG OLED TV's 8.3 million self-lighting pixels switch off completely for Pixel Level Dimming. As the first display technology that allows self-lighting pixels to switch on and off individually, OLED offers the first "Infinite" contrast ratio. With no light bleed, LG OLED achieves absolute black levels, for Infinite Contrast. Contrast ratio measures the range from the brightest whites on the screen to the darkest blacks. The deep blacks will offer a greater sense of realism and depth on all content.
- Billion Colors w/ Wide Viewing Angle: The LG OLED TV is capable of displaying billions of rich colors with fine steps of gradation. With so many more colors to express, you'll see a picture that is more detailed and natural when compared to conventional UHD TVs. The LG OLED TV even holds up from wide viewing angles, so now everyone in the room will have an ideal view of the action.
- True Color Accuracy Pro w/ Intense Color: The LG OLED TV's True Color Accuracy Pro & Intense Color Technologies deliver a color palette that virtually matches those seen in today's high-end digital cinemas, thanks to its 4 Color Pixel Technology. LG's 4 Color Pixel technology adds a white sub-pixel to the conventional 3 color red, green, and blue that enhances both color range and accuracy. This considerably improves the OLED pixels' ability to express the realistic colors and represents a giant step ahead of conventional flat-panel displays.
- Ultra Luminance Pro w/ High Brightness: Ultra-HD picture quality becomes even more dynamic with an extended range of brightness, thanks to LG's Ultra Luminance Pro technology. By enabling higher peak brightness and an enhanced contrast ratio, Ultra Luminance Pro makes 4K & HDR images even more striking.
a (Alpha) 9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3): LG, the industry leaders of OLED TVs, made their OLED televisions even better by developing the a (Alpha) 9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3). LG's most powerful processor ever provides true-to-life images with incredibly rich colors, sharpness and depth to deliver the ultimate picture quality with more realism. As a result of this new image processor, 2020 LG OLED TVs can display any content at maximum quality for a truly spectacular viewing experience
- Advanced Color Enhancer: The Advanced Color Enhancer utilizes advanced color mapping technology to effectively correct any color distortions and delivers a picture that is accurate, natural, and lifelike.
- Quad Step Noise Reduction: The a9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) creates a clearer image with LG's own Quad-step processing technology by reducing grain and banding noise better than many other conventional televisions.
- Frequency-Based Sharpness: The a9 Intelligent Processor's sharpness enhancer boosts fine detail and texture by accentuating the edges of the object in the picture. This creates greater depth, exceptional details, and more realistic pictures .
- Object Depth Enhancer: The object depth enhancer precisely separates the main object from the background images and analyzes textures and edges. This is then processed differently to make detection clearer and the edges even sharper. It elevates the perceived depth of the whole picture and reveals hidden details.
AI Picture Pro: AI Picture Pro heightens picture quality with its deep learning algorithm (developed from a vast database of over one million visual data) which recognizes content source quality and determines the best upgrade method for optimal visual output. In addition to content source detection, the Alpha 9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) finely adjusts the tone mapping curve in accordance with ambient conditions to offer optimized screen brightness; leveraging its ability to understand how the human eye perceives images in different lighting. The processor uses the TV's ambient light sensor to measure light levels, automatically adjusting brightness to compensate as needed. Additional AI Modes include -
- Filmmaker Mode: The Filmmaker Mode provides optimized cinema picture quality certified by UHD Alliance, the standard setting body for UHD-related technologies. The UHD Alliance Filmmaker Mode lets you see a director's vision for his or her movie by translating the director's cinematic vision to the TV with automatic picture and processor settings that deliver true authenticity.
- Dolby Vision IQ: Dolby Vision IQ combines the dynamic metadata found in Dolby Vision content with the LG OLED TV's embedded light sensor and AI technology. Dobly Vision IQ will automatically adjust picture settings for your Dolby Vision content depending on your room's ambient lighting conditions and content genre.
Ultra HD 4K Resolution w/ Upscaler: The LG OLED TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before. More benefits of Ultra-HD 4K include -
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
4K Cinema HDR w/ Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro: LG's 4K Cinema HDR supports a variety of HDR formats - including Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10 & HLG. Thanks to the TV's Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro, HDR video content is optimized with the correct amount of brightness and contrast, so all types of HDR content can be displayed beautifully. HDR (High Dynamic Range video) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- Dolby Vision: Dolby Vision Content has dynamic metadata that is produced during content creation, capturing the dynamic properties of each scene. This dynamic metadata is used to optimize the picture brightness curve on a frame-by-frame basis. Dolby Vision is the preferred HDR format by major Hollywood Studios and delivers the cinematic experience the creator intended by optimizing the picture frame-by-frame.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: The TV's HDR Effect Mode raises image quality for SDR content to near HDR quality utilizing Dynamic Tone Mapping technology. With the HDR Effect feature, SDR images are processed frame-by-frame to improve brightness in specific areas, enhance contrast ratios and render more precise images.
High Frame Rate (HFR) + OLED Motion Pro: The a (Alpha) 9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) is designed to support high frame rate (HFR) for producing smoother and clearer motion images at 120 frames-per-second (fps) for better rendering of fast-action content such as sports and action movies. In addition, OLED Motion Pro (LG's most advanced motion handling technology) helps even further to deliver smooth motion with less stuttering during fast motion scenes. As a result, fast action motion video for sports, movies, and games is dependably crystal clear and virtually blur-free.
NVIDIA G-SYNC w/ ALMM: The LG OLED TV now supports NVIDIA G-SYNC for a better PC gaming experience via an HDMI connection. Support for NVIDIA G-SYNC enables the TV to match the frame rate from a compatible gaming PC. This prevents two frames from showing at once (also known as screen tearing). Plus, OLED technology features an incredible low input lag and fast 1ms response time with reduced blurring and added clarity. The TV even offers ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) which lets the TV automatically recognize when a gaming console or gaming PC is connected and in use. Enjoy an HDR gaming experience with higher resolution, better contrast, intenses colors, smooth motion, and synchronized graphics.
- LG will only support 144Hz in 1080p and 120Hz in 1440p using NVIDIA G-SYNC.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC is compatible with RTX 20 and GTX 16 graphics card series.
Note: Via a future over-the-network firmware update (no ETA), the LG OLED TV will support FreeSync.
Video Inputs: The LG OLED television features HDMI 2.1 and composite video inputs. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K).
- HDMI 2.1: The four HDMI 2.1 inputs will accept 4K (120/60Hz), 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You will need to enable this feature in the menu. 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 are also supported by any of the HDMI inputs, by default.
- Composite Video: The composite video input will accept 480i only. The composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 35 " mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
Picture Settings: The LG OLED TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings. These picture settings can be applied to all source inputs or individual source inputs.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- 4-Way Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness based on ambient conditions to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds for fast gaming
- User: manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature (these settings can be applied to an individual input or all inputs)
- HDR Effect: enjoy a more dynamic, clearer image by correcting the light and dark areas of the display
- Expert Modes: there are three Expert Modes - ISF Day, ISF Night, and Technicolor; the ISF modes allow fine-tuning of the picture for both day and nighttime viewing, while the Technicolor mode is been pre-tuned to the colorist company's preferences
- Advanced Picture Control: The TV also offers more advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Tone Mapping: suitable contrast settings based on image brightness of HDR content
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green look more vivid
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Smooth Gradation: reduces the jagged edges for a smooth picture
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Eye Comfort Mode: color temperature will be automatically adjusted to reduce eye strain
- Panel Settings: With Panel Settings, you can improve image retention issues (like "burn-in") related to images sticking when the screen has been on for a certain amount of time.
- Pixel Refresher: this improves the quality of the image displayed on the screen by removing image sticking on the display panel
- Screen Shift: this moves the screen slightly at regular intervals to prevent image sticking on the display panel
- Logo Luminance Adjustment: automatically adjusts the luminance (by 20%) of static images that are on-screen for two minutes or more, such as logos within a program, to help prevent image retention
NextGen TV Tuner (ATSC 3.0): The ASTC 3.0 standard, commonly known as "NextGen TV" is the first major upgrade in broadcast TV since the transition to digital broadcasting (DTV) in 2009. NextGen TV is an Internet Protocol (IP) based system, which means it can carry internet content and services alongside the traditional over-the-air broadcast signal. The standard will enable never-before-available interactive features like video-on-demand and advanced emergency alerts for broadcast TV, all delivered free with an over-the-air antenna. NextGen TV signals will be stronger and will transmit over greater distances and deeper into buildings, with higher-quality picture and better immersive sound.
Note: Adoption of ATSC 3.0 is voluntary and stations that do transition to ATSC 3.0 will initially have to simulcast both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 for 5 years. It is projected that by the end of 2020, sixty-one markets will be broadcasting in ATSC 3.0.
AI Sound Pro: The LG OLED TV's Alpha 9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) incorporates artificial intelligence (AI) to optimize your listening experience. The TV will automatically and intelligently analyze source content in real-time to enhance sound quality. The TV's sound quality is augmented by an intelligent algorithm that can up-mix stereo audio to deliver convincing virtual surround sound. The Alpha 9 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) optimizes output based on content type, making voices clearer in movies, dramas and news broadcasts, among others.
Magic Sound Tuning: With the Magic Sound Tuning feature, you can detect the space where your TV is installed using your Magic Remote's microphone to optimize the audio of your TV for your environment. When the initial detection is complete, you can select your desired audio mode.
- Standard: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio in Standard mode. This mode provides a clean and natural sound.
- Bass Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on bass.
- Treble Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on treble.
- Off: This option disables the use of Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio. Selecting this option outputs your TV's default sound without making any adjustments to it.
Dolby Atmos w/ Dolby Surround: This LG OLED TV supports Dolby Atmos playback for Internet streaming apps (like Netflix & Vudu) via Dolby Digital Plus, and connected HDMI source devices via Dolby TrueHD. The TV also provides a simulated surround effect for non Dolby Atmos content (built-in apps, HDMI, OTA Tuner, AV-In, & USB) using Dolby Surround. Dolby Atmos puts you in the middle of the action with multi-dimensional surround sound that seems to flow all around you.
OLED Surround + EQ: OLED Surround (virtual surround sound) creates a more immersive entertainment experience. Hear subtle dialogue and sophisticated soundtracks through virtual audio channels. The TV also provides preset EQ modes. Choose from Smart Sound, Standard, Clear Voice, Cinema, Sports, Music, or Game. In addition, you can adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz). Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels.
Auto Volume & AV Sync: You can set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels. In addition, if the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video. Both of these features are only available when using the TV's internal speakers.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 2 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. eARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI eARC input.
- The TV's HDMI Inputs and LG Store apps (like Netflix or Vudu) can be output as Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- The audio from the TV's tuner and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital or PCM. This TV does not support DTS.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
- You can choose to turn the television speakers off or leave them on with the TV's optical digital output active. This TV does not support DTS.
- The optical digital audio output cannot be used simultaneously with the TV's HDMI eARC/ARC.
Analog/Headphone Output: The LG OLED TV is equipped with a minijack (3.5mm) audio output that can be used as a line-level output or headphone output jack. If you connect a set of headphones when the TV is powered on, the TV will automatically detect the headphones and redirect the TV's audio through the headphones. You can also choose to have audio play through a set of connected headphones and the TV's speakers at the same time.
Built-In Bluetooth: The LG TV offers built-in Bluetooth with support for Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP), Bluetooth Surround, and Bluetooth Receiver mode.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP): Thanks to the TV's built-in Bluetooth 5.0 and support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you can connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, one Bluetooth speaker, or a pair of Bluetooth speakers with the LG OLED TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. The TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level.
- Bluetooth Surround: You can connect a pair of LG Bluetooth speakers (including the LG XBoom Speakers - sold separately) for wireless surround sound with the TV's built-in speakers. Compatibility with other LG and brands of speakers will be available later in 2020 via an over-the-network firmware update - including LG's PK7/7W/5/5W, PL7/5, PN7/5, RL3, RM2, RN9/7/5, ON9/7/5; JBL Clip3/Go2/Go; Marshall Stockwell II, B&O Beoplay P2, Canston LX-C600, and Sony SRS-XB22 (all sold separately).
- Bluetooth Receiver: You can also wirelessly connect a Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to play audio from your Bluetooth source device through the TV's speakers.
- Not guaranteed to be compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
- Does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making or answering phone calls.
WiSA Ready: The LG OLED TV is WiSA Ready and compatible with WiSA enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers (all sold separately) for creating a wireless 5.1ch audio system. Thanks to WiSA technology you can create a wireless 5.1ch speaker system with low-latency (5.1 milliseconds), seamless synchronization (+/-1.0 microseconds), and high-fidelity audio (24-bit/96kHz).
Note: In addition to the LG OLED TV, you'll need a WiSA enabled USB transmitter and WiSA certified speakers/sub to create a wireless 5.1ch speaker setup (all sold separately).
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG OLED TV supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the TV's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It even supports WiFi Direct, so you link wirelessly to a WiFi device without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The LG OLED TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
- Built-in WiFi: The LG TV offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG TV from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Content Store: The LG Content Store allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, sports, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- TV Shows, Movies, & Videos: The LG TV offers access to select online services that let you enjoy your favorite TV shows, new blockbuster movies, and other video content. Depending on the online service, video content is available in different video formats - including Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), Ultra High Definition (UHD or 4K), and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Netflix: Netflix is a streaming service that allows you to watch a wide variety of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more (including Netflix Originals). Some content is available in 4K and HDR. With Netflix, you can enjoy unlimited viewing without having to watch a single commercial. Subscription and membership fees will apply.
- Amazon Video: With an Amazon Prime membership, you gain access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Amazon Video, including exclusive Prime Originals. You have the option to rent or buy from a huge selection of movies and TV shows. Many Amazon Video movies and shows are available in 4K and HDR.
- Vudu: With Vudu you can watch the latest movies & TV shows with no subscription or contract. You can rent or own from over 100,000 titles, or watch thousands of movies free with Vudu Movies On Us. You'll be able to enjoy movies and TV shows in up to 4K UHD video quality (some shows and movies are also available in HDR).
- Google Movies & TV: Google Play Movies & TV makes finding and watching movies & TV shows easier than ever. Buy or rent the newest movies and shows from the comfort of your home. You can watch select movies & TV shows in 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) quality. You can even watch some movies & TV shows in HDR with a wider range of brightness and color.
- Hulu+Live: Hulu is a leading premium streaming service that offers instant access to live and on demand channels, original series and films, and a premium library of TV and movies; starting at just $7.99 per month. Hulu offers 480p, 720p, and 1080p video quality.
- Disney+: Disney+ is the ultimate streaming destination for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars & National Geographic; with some content available in 4K and HDR. Start streaming now for just $6.99 per month. Add-on Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month.
- Other Video Apps: Other online video services with 4K and HDR support, include YouTube & FandangoNow. Additional standard and high definition video apps include Starz, Crackle, & YuppTV.
- Live TV Services: Stream Live TV using Channel Plus, SlingTV or YouTube TV (subscription fees may apply).
- Channel Plus: The Channel Plus app (powered by XUMO) offers 100 free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including NBC and CBS News, PBS Digital Studios, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, and more). The Channel Plus app features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access.
- SlingTV: Sling TV is the new way to watch live television. It's an app-based TV service that lets you stream your favorite live TV channels over the internet. With Sling TV, you get to customize your channels by subscribing to the best service to match your needs (subscriptions starting at $20 per month). It is all about your TV watching experience, making it simple once again.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a TV streaming service that lets you watch live TV from 50+ major broadcast and popular cable networks, as well as record your favorite shows to cloud with no storage space limits. Enjoy local and national live sports, and must-see shows the moment they air. YouTube TV costs $40/month for 1 membership with up to 6 accounts. Memberships include your local ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC streams, ESPN, regional sports networks, and more. Add on sports and premium networks like SHOWTIME and Fox Soccer Plus for an additional monthly charge.
- Music & Radio: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from Pandora, Spotify (requires premium account), iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and more.
- News & Weather: Catch up on the news at CBS News and get weather forecasts from AccuWeather.
- Games: The LG Content Store contains a variety of online games; you will need to connect a compatible game-pad to the TV's USB port.
Note: 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
Apple Certified: The LG OLED TV offers support for Apple TV and AirPlay 2, so you can enjoy your iTune Movies & TV shows, as well as mirror your Apple iOS device on the TV.
- Built-In Apple TV: The LG OLED TV features built-in Apple TV with support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the LG OLED TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app can be controlled via the Magic Remote or voice recognition.
- Apple AirPlay 2: With support for AirPlay 2 via an over-the-network firmware update, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the LG OLED TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
DLNA + Plex Content Sharing: DLNA & Plex compatibility lets you stream select video, photo, and audio files stored on your computer to the LG TV over your home's WiFi network. DLNA is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and other DLNA network devices and servers. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC. Plex Media Server software is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and Mac (OSX 10.9 or newer).
Triple USB Ports: The television features three USB (type-A) 2.0 ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television even lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
- Compatible Video Files: AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, MOV, WMV, & Vob.
- Compatible Photo Files: JPEG, PNG, & BMP
- Compatible Audio Files: MP3, WMA, FLAC, & OGG
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
Magic Remote: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. The Magic Remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons. The Magic Remote automatically pairs with the TV via Bluetooth and has a wireless operating range up to 32.8'.
- The TV also comes with a dual IR blaster that allows you to control two devices, such as a cable or satellite receiver and Blu-ray or DVD player. Use the TV's menu to program remote.
- In addition, the TV is equipped with an IR receiver and can be operated from a unviversal IR remote control (such as the Logitech Harmony - see Accessories Tab).
Built-in Microphones with Digital Voice Assistance: There is a built-in microphone on the TV and on the included Magic Remote. The built-in microphones enable voice command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, volume control, and certain menu settings using Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Not only can you use your voice to control the TV, but also operate other Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, control compatible smart home devices, manage tasks, find answers to your questions, and more. Both digital voice assistants can be used (you don't have to choose one or the other).
- Google Assistant: The TV's Google Assistant can be set up by pressing and holding the Magic Remote's "Mic" button and following the TV's on-screen prompts. You can then simply say "Hi LG" or press the "Mic" button on the remote to activate the Google Assistant and then speak your desired request. External Google Assistant enabled devices (sold separately) can also be used to to control the TV.
- Amazon Alexa: Amazon Alexa can also be utilized along with or instead of the Google Assistant. You will need to download the Amazon Alexa app onto the TV by pressing and holding the "Prime Video" button on the Magic Remote and following the TV's on-screen prompts. To initiate Alexa, you will need to press and hold the "Prime Video" button. While holding this button down, you can say your command ("Alexa" wakeup voice command is not supported). External Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) can also be utilized to operate the TV.
- You will need to download and setup the free Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), or the the free Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible mobile device.
- The TV will need to be connected to your home's network and internet provider to utilize Google Assistant or Alexa voice control.
- You will need to agree to Google's or Amazon's privacy statement to enable voice assistant control.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ w/ Voice Control: The LG TV goes a step further than basic voice control commands with the integration of AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ. AI ThinQ is able to achieve intelligent voice-activated control by employing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and LG's exclusive deep learning platform (Deep ThinQ). The LG TV with AI ThinQ can process hundreds of voice commands. You are able to speak into the TV's or Magic Remote's built-in mic to enjoy the ultra-convenient features of the latest advanced voice assistant technology with deep learning capability. AI ThinQ lets you use your voice to control television functions, search for content, and even manage your connected smart home devices.
- TV Control: By utilizing the TV's built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG), AI ThinQ delivers real-time information and locates channels with desired content. You can even say "search for this movie's soundtrack" or "turn off the TV when this program is over" without repeating the program's title or specifying a time. You can also ask the TV to play your favorite show, search for a new movie, check information about a cast member or director, and more. Additional voice commands include - Turn Off, Volume Up/Down, Channel Selection, Switch Input, Control Playback, Content Search & Recommendations, Launch Apps, Change Settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: Beyond controls for the TV, LG's AI ThinQ uses intelligent voice control to create a hub for your smart home and IoT devices. By functioning as a smart home hub, the LG TV can access LG SmartThinQ compatible smart home products on your network - such as refrigerators, washers/dryers, robotic vacuum cleaners, air conditioners/purifiers, smart lights and outlets, as well as many other devices that connect to the TV via your home's WiFi network.
Apple HomeKit w/ Siri: Apple HomeKit lets you easily and securely control smarthome products using the Apple Home app or by asking Siri on your Apple iOS devices. The LG OLED TV can be added to the Apple Home app and included in scenes or automations with other HomeKit accessories. For example, you can create a "Movie Night" scene in the Home app to easily turn on your TV and dim the lights, and simply ask Siri to launch the scene. The Apple Home app can also be used to directly control select functions of the TV; such as power on/off, input selection, and volume up/down. However, the LG OLED TV cannot be used to control your Apple HomeKit devices
Mobile Apps: The OLED TV works with LG's TV Plus App (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 8.0+) and ThinQ App (for Android OS 5.0+ & Apple iOS 10.0+). The LG OLED TV and your compatible Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- TV Control: Either app lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote control for the TV. You'll be able to change channels, select inputs, search online apps, control the volume, adust menu settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: The LG ThinQ App goes a step further and also gives you control over LG ThinQ smart home devices and appliances from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device. From the ThinQ app on your mobile device you can control and see the status of your compatible LG Washer & Dryer, Air Conditioner, or robot vacuum.
HDMI-CEC: HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the TV via HDMI from the television's Magic Remote. HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) provides the following remote control functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a HDMI-CEC compatible device which is connected to the TV via HDMI, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything else.
- Device Control: HDMI-CEC also enables you to control compatible devices connected to the television via HDMI with the TV's remote control.
- Main Power On/Off: Via HDMI-CEC, turning off the TV will turn off all of your HDMI-CEC connected devices. In addition, turning on a HDMI-CEC connected device will turn the TV on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG OLED TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Serial Port: You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or AV control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
WebOS 5.0: LG's latest WebOS 5.0 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive WebOS 5.0 pulls together all your content choices and serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, what you might like to watch next, and the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games from the LG Content Store. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive WebOS 5.0 user interface.
- Program Guide & My Channels: While watching TV, you can easily search for other channels using the Program Guide or My Channels. The television's built-in Program Guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later. You can also add channels you frequently watch to "My Channels" to easily check which programs are airing on those channels.
- Application & Content Search: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search - All Apps, My Apps, Premium Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Games. You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Recents & Recommendations: The TV remembers and display the most recent apps you've used for easier access. The TV also provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen, based on your viewing history.
- Sports Alert: WEBOS 5.0 gives sports fans a new way to stay informed. Sports Alert gives updates on your favorite teams, start times, and scores; even while you're watching other content. Easily switch to games without searching for the channel. Sports Alert provides real-time alerts for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Premier League and more.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and gives you a live feed of what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
- Quick Settings: The Quick Settings Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions - such as Picture Mode, Aspect Ratio, Sound Mode, Sound Out, Sleep Timer, and Network.
Gallery Mode: The Gallery mode turns the TV into a digital picture frame, displaying pre-loaded artwork, downloadable artwork, and even your own USB downloaded picture files (JPEG format only). You can choose one piece of artwork or begin a slide-show.
Closed Captions & Audio Guidance: The LG OLED TV offers Close Captions and Voice Guidance for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guidance, which describes when you change channels or inputs, adjust the volume up or down, and make changes in the menu settings.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input and application block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto (based on ambient room conditions), Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Gallery Design: This OLED TV is part of LG's Gallery Design Series with an art-inspired look and design. It is crafted with an unbelievably thin bezel (0.0625" thick) and slim profile (0.875" deep) that puts the spotlight on your viewing content and not the television. The included wall-mount bracket allows the TV to mount flush to the wall like a pice of art in a gallery.
Included Wall-Mount Bracket: The LG OLED TV comes with a wall-mount bracket the practically mounts the TV flush to the wall. The bracket features a fixed position and does not swivel, tilt, or extend.
Note: This TV does not come with a pedestal stand or pedestal feet.
Optional Wall-Mount Brackets: If you prefer to use a bracket that tilt, swivels, or extends, you can purchase one separately (see Accessories Tab). The TV features four M6 (6mm) threaded inserts with a horizontal spacing of 300m and vertical spacing of 300mm. The TV weighs 48.0 lbs.
Ventilation Requirements: When mounting the TV, leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Attached AC Power Cord: The television features an attached 6' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.875" from the wall.
The LG OLED55GXPUA replaces these items
- pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel's 8.3 million pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely
- built-in Apple® AirPlay® 2 wireless streaming
- built-in 4.2 speaker system (60 watts total)
6 questions already asked