About the LG 55NANO90UNA
An improved backlight boosts picture contrast
An improved backlight boosts picture contrast
The 55NANO90UNA combines 4K picture detail with the precise, controlled illumination of a full-array LED backlight with local dimming. This year LG re-designed the backlight system and it now does a better job of directing where power is sent on the screen, for improved contrast. And LG's NanoCell™ display uses nano particles to absorb unwanted light wavelengths and enhance the purity of the red and green colors displayed on the screen, for a richer overall color palette.
LG's IPS panel provides wide viewing angles
If you frequently watch TV with friends or family, you'll want a TV with good off-axis viewing. LG's OLED TVs are the champs when it comes to wide viewing angles, but OLEDs cost a lot more than LCDs. LG's IPS LCD panel technology may be the next best thing, and at a much lower price. It keeps picture contrast and color looking crisp even for viewers seated around to the sides of the screen. The trade-off is black levels that aren't quite top-notch.
LG also included their new-for-2020 Alpha 7 Gen 3 video processor, which works behind the scenes to reduce noise and improve picture depth and color accuracy.
A smart, convenient hub for all your connected devices
The 55NANO90UNA's built-in web apps give you easy, instant access to loads of streaming services: Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, and many more. With LG's ThinQ® AI intelligent voice control, you just speak directly into the remote's mic to operate the TV as well as a variety of compatible smart devices. As of right now, LG's ThinQ AI models are also the only TVs with both Google Assistant and Alexa built in.
LG's latest Magic Remote is simple and fun to use. You can point, click, scroll or speak into the remote to find exactly what you want, searching across apps, movies, TV shows and the web, all at the same time.
With built-in support for Apple® AirPlay® 2, you can stream content wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® to a much bigger screen.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- TruMotion 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- full-array direct-lit LED backlight with local dimming
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
- Real 4K NanoCell™ Display delivers truer colors and reduced reflections
- Alpha 7 Gen 3 Intelligent Processor with 2-step noise reduction improves picture depth, sharpness, and color
- 4K Upscaler upconverts standard-def and high-def video to near-4K quality
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- expanded color range with Billion Rich Colors (8-bit panel with 10-bit dithering)
- immersive gaming features:
- HDMI 2.1 features: 40 Gbps bandwidth, 4K @ 120Hz, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
- supports variable refresh rate: Nvidia G-SYNC®, and AMD FreeSync™ (requires future firmware update)
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- LG ThinQ® AI makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- built-in Google Assistant and Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- 4 HDMI (two 2.0b, two 2.1)
- 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 3 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- can send Dolby Atmos® audio to the TV's speakers, or to an A/V receiver via HDMI/eARC, when using the TV's streaming apps
- WiSA ready and compatible with WiSA-enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers for creating a wireless 5.1-channel audio system
General Features & Info:
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- a separate far-field microphone for voice commands is built into the TV
- dimensions: 48-3/4"W x 30-7/16"H x 9-3/16"D with stand; 48-3/4"W x 28-3/16"H x 3-5/16"D without stand
- weight: 38.5 lbs. with stand; 38.1 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 40-13/16"W x 9-3/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 55NANO90UNA
What's in the box:
- 55" LED-LCDTV
- 2 Pedestal feet
- 59" AC power cord
- Magic Remote (MR20GA)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Four M4x20mm screws (lock and flat washers attached)
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Magic Remote User Information
- "How to Use LG ThinQ" instructions
- "Setting up and Using Alexa is easy" guide
- "Be careful when cleaning the TV screen" note
- Warranty Information
- Product Registration Card
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
LG 55NANO90UNA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 55NANO90UNA
Features & specs
NanoCell Display Technology: LG's NanoCell technology is a breakthrough in display technology that advances the LCD TV viewing experience by combining an expanded color gamut with the ability to more accurately create those colors, resulting in superior picture quality regardless of viewing angle. NanoCell Technology uses nano particles that absorb unwanted light wavelengths and enhances the purity of the red and green colors displayed on the screen. The result is dramatic, enhanced picture quality at wider viewing angles to give you an incredible cinematic experience.
- Nano Color with True Color Accuracy: The NanoCell display utilizes Nano Color True Color Accuracy technologies to reveal a billion lifelike colors, 64x richer than conventional TV. This ability to produce a full spectrum of color results in superior picture quality. Your favorite shows and movies are flawlessly reproduced with colors that are vivid and accurate. *Billion Rich Colors is achieved through 10 bit dithering (not actual 10-bit panel).
- Full-Array Local Dimming: This LG NanoCell TV employs Full-Array Local Dimming to provide even deeper blacks with more enhanced colors, as well as nuanced shadow details for life-like images. LG's most precise LED backlight control uses multiple dimming zones to better display the pitch dark black and bright light areas of the picture at the same time, for deeper black levels and superior contrast. As a result, you'll see an image with darker blacks, brighter whites, more vivid color, and greater detail. Scenes will be more precise from edge to edge with LG's highest-level, full array LED local dimming control that utilizes a full array backlight.
- Ultra Luminance: LG's NanoCell TV uses Ultra Luminance technology to deliver brighter, crisper image highlights. Ultra-HD picture quality becomes even more dynamic with an extended range of brightness , thanks to LG's Ultra Luminance technology. By enabling higher peak brightness and an enhanced contrast ratio, Ultra Luminance makes 4K & HDR images even more striking.
- IPS Panel: LG's IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel makes any seat the best in the house, with a clearer and more consistent image at wide viewing angles compared to conventional screens. IPS delivers authentic colors, virtually identical to the original image - even from a 60-degree angle. Witness colors as true-to-life as nature intended, vibrant across even a large screen, with the stunning clarity of 4K resolution.
a (Alpha) 7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3): The NanoCell TV is powered by LG's powerful a (Alpha) 7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) for superior picture quality. The a (Alpha) 7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) offers a host of technological advantages including deeper blacks, enhanced image rendering, improved shadow details, and accurate color from wide viewing angles.
- Advanced Color Enhancer: The Advanced Color Enhancer utilizes advanced color mapping technology to effectively correct any color distortions and delivers a picture that is accurate, natural, and lifelike.
- Double Step Noise Reduction: The a7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) creates a clearer image with LG's own Double-Step Noise Reduction processing technology by reducing grain and banding noise better than many other conventional televisions.
- Sharpness Enhancer: The a7 Intelligent Processor's Sharpness Enhancer boosts fine detail and texture by accentuating the edges of the object in the picture. This creates greater depth, exceptional details, and more realistic pictures
AI Picture: AI Picture mode heightens picture quality with its deep learning algorithm (developed from a vast database of over one million visual data) which recognizes content source quality and determines the best upgrade method for optimal visual output. In addition to content source detection, a (Alpha) 7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) finely adjusts the tone mapping curve in accordance with ambient conditions to offer optimized screen brightness; leveraging its ability to understand how the human eye perceives images in different lighting. The processor uses the TV's ambient light sensor to measure light levels, automatically adjusting brightness to compensate as needed. Additional AI Modes include -
- Filmmaker Mode: The Filmmaker Mode provides optimized cinema picture quality certified by UHD Alliance, the standard setting body for UHD-related technologies. The UHD Alliance Filmmaker Mode lets you see a director's vision for his or her movie by translating the director's cinematic vision to the TV with automatic picture and processor settings that deliver true authenticity.
- Dolby Vision IQ: Dolby Vision IQ combines the dynamic metadata found in Dolby Vision content with the LG OLED TV's embedded light sensor and AI technology. Dobly Vision IQ will automatically adjust picture settings for your Dolby Vision content depending on your room's ambient lighting conditions and content genre.
Ultra HD 4K Resolution w/ Upscaler: The LG NanoCell TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before. More benefits of Ultra-HD 4K include -
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
Cinema HDR w/ Dynamic Tone Mapping: LG's Cinema HDR supports a variety of HDR formats - including Dolby Vision, as well as Active HDR10 & HLG. Thanks to the TV's Active HDR technology with Dynamic Tone Mapping, HDR video content is optimized with the correct amount of brightness and contrast, so all types of HDR content can be displayed beautifully. HDR (High Dynamic Range video) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- Dolby Vision: Dolby Vision Content has dynamic metadata that is produced during content creation, capturing the dynamic properties of each scene. This dynamic metadata is used to optimize the picture brightness curve on a frame-by-frame basis. Dolby Vision is the preferred HDR format by major Hollywood Studios and delivers the cinematic experience the creator intended by optimizing the picture frame-by-frame.
- Active HDR10 & HLG: Active HDR10 and HLG is LG's own proprietary HDR solution which processes a HDR10 or HLG video signal dynamically frame-by-frame using Dynamic Tone Mapping. HDR10 uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the TV that the video content is encoded using HDR; it is currently the most popular HDR format on the market. HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) uses no pre-encoded metadata and is primarily designed for live video and over-the-air broadcasts. Dynamic Tone Mapping allows the TV to offer the best picture possible, even when playing HDR10 content which only contains static metadata, or HLG content which uses no metadata at all.
- SDR-to-HDR Effect: The TV's HDR Effect Mode raises image quality for SDR content to near HDR quality utilizing Dynamic Tone Mapping technology. With the HDR Effect feature, SDR images are processed frame-by-frame to improve brightness in specific areas, enhance contrast ratios and render more precise images.
High Frame Rate (HFR) + TruMotion 240Hz: The a (Alpha) 7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) is designed to support high frame rate (HFR) for producing smoother and clearer motion images at 120 frames-per-second (fps) for better rendering of fast-action content such as sports and action movies. In addition, the TV employ's LG's LG's proprietary TruMotion 240Hz backlight scanning system to further enhance the TV's 120Hz native panel refresh rate to reduce blur and yield crisper details; even during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies. You can select between 5 TruMotion modes - Off, Smooth (softens fast-moving pictures), Natural (natural motion), Clear (makes fast-moving pictures clearer), or User (manually adjusts judder / blur / motion).
Note: Only the TV's HDMI 3 input and HDMI 4 input supports HFR @ 120Hz.
Optimized Gaming Mode: The TV offers ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) for an optimized gaming experience. ALLM lets the TV automatically recognize when a gaming console or gaming PC is connected and in use. HGiG is a HDR gaming profile that enables the the TV to render images the way they were intended to be seen by the creator. VRR delivers smooth action gaming with less studdering. Now you can enjoy an optimized HDR gaming experience with higher resolution, better contrast, intenses colors, smooth motion, and synchronized graphics.
Note: Via a future over-the-network firmware update (no ETA), the LG NanoCell TV will support FreeSync.
Video Inputs: The LG NanoCell TV features HDMI inputs and an analog 3.5mm AV input. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K).
- HDMI 2.0/2.1: The four HDMI inputs will accept 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI 3 and 4 inputs support the HDMI 2.1 specification, while the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 support the HDMI 2.0 specification. The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. All of the HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You will need to enable this feature in the menu. 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 are also supported by any of the HDMI inputs, by default.
- 3.5mm AV Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, there is also a 3.5mm AV input for connection of an analog audio/video component. This connection supports 480i video signals only. There are no standard composite or component video inputs.
Picture Settings: The LG NanoCell TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings. These picture settings can be applied to all source inputs or individual source inputs.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- 4-Way Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness based on ambient conditions to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds for fast gaming
- User: manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature (these settings can be applied to an individual input or all inputs)
- HDR Effect: enjoy a more dynamic, clearer image by correcting the light and dark areas of the display
- Expert Modes: there are three Expert Modes - ISF Day, ISF Night, and Technicolor; the ISF modes allow fine-tuning of the picture for both day and nighttime viewing, while the Technicolor mode is been pre-tuned to the colorist company's preferences
- Advanced Picture Control: The TV also offers more advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Tone Mapping: suitable contrast settings based on image brightness of HDR content
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green look more vivid
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Smooth Gradation: reduces the jagged edges for a smooth picture
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Eye Comfort Mode: color temperature will be automatically adjusted to reduce eye strain
Built-in OTA Tuner: The LG NanoCell TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is used to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
AI Sound Mode: When AI Sound Mode is activated, the TV's sound quality is augmented by an intelligent algorithm that can up-mix two-channel audio to deliver convincing virtual surround sound. The a (Alpha) 7 Intelligent Processor (Gen 3) optimizes output based on content type, making voices clearer in movies, dramas and news broadcasts, among others.
Magic Sound Tuning: With the Magic Sound Tuning feature, you can detect the space where your TV is installed using your Magic Remote's microphone to optimize the audio of your TV for your environment. When the initial detection is complete, you can select your desired audio mode.
- Standard: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio in Standard mode. This mode provides a clean and natural sound.
- Bass Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on bass.
- Treble Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on treble.
- Off: This option disables the use of Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio. Selecting this option outputs your TV's default sound without making any adjustments to it.
Dolby Atmos w/ Dolby Surround: This LG NanoCell TV supports Dolby Atmos playback for Internet streaming apps (like Netflix & Vudu) via Dolby Digital Plus, and connected HDMI source devices via Dolby TrueHD. The TV also provides a simulated surround effect for non Dolby Atmos content (built-in apps, HDMI, OTA Tuner, AV-In, & USB) using Dolby Surround. Dolby Atmos puts you in the middle of the action with multi-dimensional surround sound that seems to flow all around you.
Ultra Surround + EQ: Ultra Surround (virtual surround sound) creates a more immersive entertainment experience. Hear subtle dialogue and sophisticated soundtracks through virtual audio channels. The TV also provides preset EQ modes. Choose from Smart Sound, Standard, Clear Voice, Cinema, Sports, Music, or Game. In addition, you can adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz). Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels.
Auto Volume & AV Sync: You can set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels. In addition, if the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video. Both of these features are only available when using the TV's internal speakers.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 2 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. eARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI eARC input.
- The TV's HDMI Inputs and LG Store apps (like Netflix or Vudu) can be output as Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- The audio from the TV's tuner and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital and 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
- You can choose to turn the television speakers off or leave them on with the TV's optical digital output active. This TV does not have an analog output.
- The optical digital audio output cannot be used simultaneously with the TV's HDMI eARC/ARC.
Built-In Bluetooth: The LG TV offers built-in Bluetooth with support for Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP), Bluetooth Surround, and Bluetooth Receiver mode.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP): Thanks to the TV's built-in Bluetooth 5.0 and support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you can connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, one Bluetooth speaker, or a pair of Bluetooth speakers with the LG NanoCell TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. The TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level.
- Bluetooth Surround: You can connect a pair of Bluetooth speakers (including the LG XBoom Speakers - sold separately) for wireless surround sound with the TV's built-in speakers. Compatibility with other LG and brands of speakers will be available later in 2020 via an over-the-network firmware update - including LG's PK7/7W/5/5W, PL7/5, PN7/5, RL3, RM2, RN9/7/5, ON9/7/5; JBL Clip3/Go2/Go; Marshall Stockwell II, B&O Beoplay P2, Canston LX-C600, and Sony SRS-XB22 (all sold separately).
- Bluetooth Receiver: You can also wirelessly connect a Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to play audio from your Bluetooth source device through the TV's speakers.
- Not guaranteed to be compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
- Does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making or answering phone calls.
WiSA Ready: The LG NanoCell TV is WiSA Ready and compatible with WiSA enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers (all sold separately) for creating a wireless 5.1ch audio system. Thanks to WiSA technology you can create a wireless 5.1ch speaker system with low-latency (5.1 milliseconds), seamless synchronization (+/-1.0 microseconds), and high-fidelity audio (24-bit/96kHz).
Note: In addition to the LG NanoCell TV, you'll need a WiSA enabled USB transmitter and WiSA certified speakers/sub to create a wireless 5.1ch speaker setup (all sold separately).
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG NanoCell TV supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the TV's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It even supports WiFi Direct, so you link wirelessly to a WiFi device without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The LG NanoCell TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
- Built-in WiFi: The LG TV offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG TV from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Content Store: The LG Content Store allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, sports, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- TV Shows, Movies, & Videos: The LG TV offers access to select online services that let you enjoy your favorite TV shows, new blockbuster movies, and other video content. Depending on the online service, video content is available in different video formats - including Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), Ultra High Definition (UHD or 4K), and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Netflix: Netflix is a streaming service that allows you to watch a wide variety of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more (including Netflix Originals). Some content is available in 4K and HDR. With Netflix, you can enjoy unlimited viewing without having to watch a single commercial. Subscription and membership fees will apply.
- Amazon Video: With an Amazon Prime membership, you gain access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Amazon Video, including exclusive Prime Originals. You have the option to rent or buy from a huge selection of movies and TV shows. Many Amazon Video movies and shows are available in 4K and HDR.
- Vudu: With Vudu you can watch the latest movies & TV shows with no subscription or contract. You can rent or own from over 100,000 titles, or watch thousands of movies free with Vudu Movies On Us. You'll be able to enjoy movies and TV shows in up to 4K UHD video quality (some shows and movies are also available in HDR).
- Google Movies & TV: Google Play Movies & TV makes finding and watching movies & TV shows easier than ever. Buy or rent the newest movies and shows from the comfort of your home. You can watch select movies & TV shows in 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) quality. You can even watch some movies & TV shows in HDR with a wider range of brightness and color.
- Hulu+Live: Hulu is a leading premium streaming service that offers instant access to live and on demand channels, original series and films, and a premium library of TV and movies; starting at just $7.99 per month. Hulu offers 480p, 720p, and 1080p video quality.
- Disney+: Disney+ is the ultimate streaming destination for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars & National Geographic; with some content available in 4K and HDR. Start streaming now for just $6.99 per month. Add-on Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month.
- Other Video Apps: Other online video services with 4K and HDR support, include YouTube & FandangoNow. Additional standard and high definition video apps include Starz, Crackle, & YuppTV.
- Live TV Services: Stream Live TV using Channel Plus, SlingTV or YouTube TV (subscription fees may apply).
- Channel Plus: The Channel Plus app (powered by XUMO) offers 100 free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including NBC and CBS News, PBS Digital Studios, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, and more). The Channel Plus app features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access.
- SlingTV: Sling TV is the new way to watch live television. It's an app-based TV service that lets you stream your favorite live TV channels over the internet. With Sling TV, you get to customize your channels by subscribing to the best service to match your needs (subscriptions starting at $20 per month). It is all about your TV watching experience, making it simple once again.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a TV streaming service that lets you watch live TV from 50+ major broadcast and popular cable networks, as well as record your favorite shows to cloud with no storage space limits. Enjoy local and national live sports, and must-see shows the moment they air. YouTube TV costs $40/month for 1 membership with up to 6 accounts. Memberships include your local ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC streams, ESPN, regional sports networks, and more. Add on sports and premium networks like SHOWTIME and Fox Soccer Plus for an additional monthly charge.
- Music & Radio: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from Pandora, Spotify (requires premium account), iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and more.
- News & Weather: Catch up on the news at CBS News and get weather forecasts from AccuWeather.
- Games: The LG Content Store contains a variety of online games; you will need to connect a compatible game-pad to the TV's USB port.
Note: 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
Apple Certified: The LG NanoCell TV offers support for Apple TV and AirPlay 2, so you can enjoy your iTune Movies & TV shows, as well as mirror your Apple iOS device on the TV.
- Built-In Apple TV: The LG NanoCell TV features built-in Apple TV with support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the LG NanoCell TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app can be controlled via the Magic Remote or voice recognition.
- Apple AirPlay 2: With support for AirPlay 2 via an over-the-network firmware update, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the LG NanoCell TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
DLNA + Plex Content Sharing: DLNA & Plex compatibility lets you stream select video, photo, and audio files stored on your computer to the LG TV over your home's WiFi network. DLNA is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and other DLNA network devices and servers. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC. Plex Media Server software is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and Mac (OSX 10.9 or newer).
Triple USB Ports: The television features three USB (type-A) 2.0 ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television even lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
- Compatible Video Files: AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, MOV, WMV, & Vob.
- Compatible Photo Files: JPEG, PNG, & BMP
- Compatible Audio Files: MP3, WMA, FLAC, & OGG
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
Magic Remote: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. The Magic Remote automatically pairs with the TV via Bluetooth and has a wireless operating range up to 32.8'.
- Remote Controller/Mouse Pointer: The Magic Remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
- Voice Command Functions: The Magic Remote's built-in microphone enables voice command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, and volume control. Simply press the "Mic" button or press-and-hold the "Prime Video" button on the remote to activate Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. You can tune TV stations, browse TV shows & movies from online apps, search the web, and raise the volume up/down.
Note: In addition, the TV is equipped with an IR receiver and can be operated from a unviversal IR remote control (such as the Logitech Harmony - see Accessories Tab).
Digital Voice Assistance: The Magic Remote's built-in microphone enables voice control from Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. You'll be able to control live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, volume control, and certain menu settings with only your voice. Not only can you use your voice to control the TV, but also operate other Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, control compatible smart home devices, manage tasks, find answers to your questions, and more. Both digital voice assistants can be used (you don't have to choose one or the other).
- Google Assistant: The TV's Google Assistant can be set up by pressing and holding the Magic Remote's "Mic" button and following the TV's on-screen prompts. You can then simply press the "Mic" button on the remote to activate the Google Assistant and then speak your desired request ("Hi or Ok Google" wakeup voice commands are not supported). External Google Assistant enabled devices (sold separately) can also be used to to control the TV.
- Amazon Alexa: Amazon Alexa can also be utilized along with or instead of the Google Assistant. You will need to download the Amazon Alexa app onto the TV by pressing and holding the "Prime Video" button on the Magic Remote and following the TV's on-screen prompts. To initiate Alexa, you will need to press and hold the "Prime Video" button. While holding this button down, you can say your command ("Alexa" wakeup voice command is not supported). External Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) can also be utilized to operate the TV.
- You will need to download and setup the free Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), or the the free Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible mobile device.
- The TV will need to be connected to your home's network and internet provider to utilize Google Assistant or Alexa voice control.
- You will need to agree to Google's or Amazon's privacy statement to enable voice assistant control.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ w/ Voice Control: The LG TV goes a step further than basic voice control commands with the integration of AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ. AI ThinQ is able to achieve intelligent voice-activated control by employing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and LG's exclusive deep learning platform (Deep ThinQ). The LG TV with AI ThinQ can process hundreds of voice commands. You are able to speak into the TV's or Magic Remote's built-in mic to enjoy the ultra-convenient features of the latest advanced voice assistant technology with deep learning capability. AI ThinQ lets you use your voice to control television functions, search for content, and even manage your connected smart home devices.
- TV Control: By utilizing the TV's built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG), AI ThinQ delivers real-time information and locates channels with desired content. You can even say "search for this movie's soundtrack" or "turn off the TV when this program is over" without repeating the program's title or specifying a time. You can also ask the TV to play your favorite show, search for a new movie, check information about a cast member or director, and more. Additional voice commands include - Turn Off, Volume Up/Down, Channel Selection, Switch Input, Control Playback, Content Search & Recommendations, Launch Apps, Change Settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: Beyond controls for the TV, LG's AI ThinQ uses intelligent voice control to create a hub for your smart home and IoT devices. By functioning as a smart home hub, the LG TV can access LG SmartThinQ compatible smart home products on your network - such as refrigerators, washers/dryers, robotic vacuum cleaners, air conditioners/purifiers, smart lights and outlets, as well as many other devices that connect to the TV via your home's WiFi network.
Apple HomeKit w/ Siri: Apple HomeKit lets you easily and securely control smarthome products using the Apple Home app or by asking Siri on your Apple iOS devices. The LG NanoCell TV can be added to the Apple Home app and included in scenes or automations with other HomeKit accessories. For example, you can create a "Movie Night" scene in the Home app to easily turn on your TV and dim the lights, and simply ask Siri to launch the scene. The Apple Home app can also be used to directly control select functions of the TV; such as power on/off, input selection, and volume up/down. However, the LG NanoCell TV cannot be used to control your Apple HomeKit devices
Mobile Apps: The NanoCell TV works with LG's TV Plus App (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 8.0+) and ThinQ App (for Android OS 5.0+ & Apple iOS 10.0+). The LG NanoCell TV and your compatible Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- TV Control: Either app lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote control for the TV. You'll be able to change channels, select inputs, search online apps, control the volume, adust menu settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: The LG ThinQ App goes a step further and also gives you control over LG ThinQ smart home devices and appliances from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device. From the ThinQ app on your mobile device you can control and see the status of your compatible LG Washer & Dryer, Air Conditioner, or robot vacuum.
HDMI-CEC: HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the TV via HDMI from the television's Magic Remote. HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) provides the following remote control functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a HDMI-CEC compatible device which is connected to the TV via HDMI, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything else.
- Device Control: HDMI-CEC also enables you to control compatible devices connected to the television via HDMI with the TV's remote control.
- Main Power On/Off: Via HDMI-CEC, turning off the TV will turn off all of your HDMI-CEC connected devices. In addition, turning on a HDMI-CEC connected device will turn the TV on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG NanoCell TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Serial Port: You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or AV control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
WebOS 5.0: LG's latest WebOS 5.0 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive WebOS 5.0 pulls together all your content choices and serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, what you might like to watch next, and the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games from the LG Content Store. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive WebOS 5.0 user interface.
- Program Guide & My Channels: While watching TV, you can easily search for other channels using the Program Guide or My Channels. The television's built-in Program Guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later. You can also add channels you frequently watch to "My Channels" to easily check which programs are airing on those channels.
- Application & Content Search: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search - All Apps, My Apps, Premium Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Games. You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Recents & Recommendations: The TV remembers and display the most recent apps you've used for easier access. The TV also provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen, based on your viewing history.
- Sports Alert: WEBOS 5.0 gives sports fans a new way to stay informed. Sports Alert gives updates on your favorite teams, start times, and scores; even while you're watching other content. Easily switch to games without searching for the channel. Sports Alert provides real-time alerts for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Premier League and more.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and gives you a live feed of what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
- Quick Settings: The Quick Settings Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions - such as Picture Mode, Aspect Ratio, Sound Mode, Sound Out, Sleep Timer, and Network.
Gallery Mode: The Gallery mode turns the TV into a digital picture frame, displaying pre-loaded artwork, downloadable artwork, and even your own USB downloaded picture files (JPEG format only). You can choose one piece of artwork or begin a slide-show.
Closed Captions & Audio Guidance: The LG NanoCell TV offers Close Captions and Voice Guidance for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guidance, which describes when you change channels or inputs, adjust the volume up or down, and make changes in the menu settings.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input and application block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto (based on ambient room conditions), Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Pedestal Feet: The LG NanoCell TV is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 38.5 lbs with the feet attached. The TV does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 300mm (h) x 300mm (v). The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 38.1 lbs without the stand.
Ventilation Requirements: When mounting the TV on the wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The TV comes with a 59" detachable AC power cord. The power cord plugs into the back of the TV and protrudes 0.5" from the back of the TV. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 1.0" from the wall.
The LG 55NANO90UNA replaces these items
- full-array direct-lit LED backlight with local dimming
- High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- IPS LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
1 question already asked