About the LG 55QNED85UQA
Incredible contrast and color
Incredible contrast and color
Until last year, the very best LED TVs used an advanced type of backlight called full array with local dimming (FALD). Mini LED TVs take this already-excellent panel technology to another level with a dense array of significantly smaller LEDs for super-precise light control. This breakthrough technology is now in its second generation in 2022 models like the 55QNED85UQA. This 55" set features Precision Dimming to improve contrast and minimize “blooming” — or those pesky halos you sometimes see around bright objects on dark backgrounds.
The 55QNED85UQA combines this upgraded backlight with LG's Quantum Dot NanoCell Color Technology for vibrant colors and lifelike detail. The panel is enhanced by nano particles that absorb unwanted light wavelengths and enhance the purity of the red and green colors displayed on the screen, for a crisp, vibrant picture — even from seats off to the side.
The precise light control of LG's QNED 85 Series TV delivers a stunning picture.
4K with an HDR boost
This TV supports several HDR formats, including HDR10, which is a requirement for Ultra HD Blu-ray movies and streamed 4K content. It can also handle the more sophisticated Dolby Vision® format. This dynamic HDR system adjusts brightness and color levels in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene basis for rich detail and color.
The 55QNED85UQA is a great TV for gamers. Two HDMI inputs support 4K at 120Hz so you can get the most out of your next-generation console or high-end PC rig. It also supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) via AMD FreeSync™ Premium for smooth, tear-free graphics.
Game Mode is automatically activated thanks to ALLM support to reduce input lag for a faster response time. And with LG's Game Optimizer, you can access all your game settings in one place for easy adjustments in real time. The HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) setting offers more accurate tone mapping for improved detail in your HDR games.
The 55QNED85UQA also includes support for cloud gaming with Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce NOW built right into the TV (requires separate subscription and game controllers).
This TV has a built-in streaming platform that gives you quick access to your favorite movies and shows on Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, and many more. And you can quickly find what you're looking for with LG's Magic Remote. You can point, click, scroll, or speak into the remote to search across apps, movies, TV shows, and the web — all at the same time.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Quantum Dot NanoCell technology provides accurate colors, even at wider viewing angles
- Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision IQ, HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Mini LED backlight with Precision Dimming for precise brightness control (local dimming)
- Alpha 7 Gen 5 Processor 4K improves picture contrast, sharpness, and color
- AI 4K Upscaler upconverts standard-def and high-def video to near-4K quality
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- HDMI 3 and 4 inputs support 4K/120Hz
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) for smooth, lag-free game play
- Game Optimizer lets you quickly access your gaming settings
- supports VRR (Variable Refresh Rate); AMD FreeSync Premium™ compatible
- HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) mode calibrates tone-mapping for accurate detail and shading
- supports cloud gaming with Google Stadia and Nvidia Geoforce Now (subscriptions required)
Video source compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV features:
- LG ThinQ® AI makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- built-in Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your Apple device
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- 4 HDMI inputs (two 2.0b, two 2.1)
- all inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- HDMI 3 supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- RS-232C input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in 2.2-channel speaker system (40 watts)
- WiSA ready — compatible with WiSA-enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers for creating a wireless audio system (up to 2.1 channels)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- AI Sound Pro virtually simulates surround sound for a more cinematic TV experience
General features & info:
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- with stand: 48-1/2"W x 30-3/4"H x 10-1/8"D
- without stand: 48-1/2"W x 28-1/4"H x 1-13/16"D
- weight: 44.5 lbs. with stand; 43.7 lbs. without stand
- stand footprint: 43-1/2"W x 10-1/8"D
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 55QNED85UQA
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 55QNED85UQA
Features & specs