About the LG 60UH7700
Super UHD is LG's best 4K LCD TV tech
Super UHD is LG's best 4K LCD TV tech
Considering all the advanced technologies packed into LG's 60" 60UH7700, it's an outstanding value among 4K TVs, and an easy recommendation. Its 8+ million pixels can display four times the detail of 1080p HDTVs. You'll notice incredible picture detail and depth when watching movies, sports, and TV shows.
This TV thrives on high-quality signals, and you now have 4K video options available — Ultra HD Blu-ray players and discs, and loads of streamed 4K content from services like Netflix® and Amazon. The 60UH7700 also has excellent video processing, so satellite and cable TV, as well as DVDs, look crisp and detailed. This is a great gaming TV, too.
The premium HDR experience: Dolby Vision™
Our eyes can see a much wider range of contrast and color than most current TVs can display — even most 4K models. So, while 4K provides more pixels, TV makers are introducing new technologies to deliver "better" pixels that produce more vivid, colorful, and lifelike images.
The most important of these technologies is HDR (High Dynamic Range), which significantly expands the picture contrast range with both deeper blacks and brighter highlights. A limited amount of HDR-enhanced streamed video content is already available from Amazon, and Netflix® will soon offer some as well. This TV not only supports the required HDR 10 format, but also the more sophisticated Dolby Vision™ format, which is a dynamic system that is able to adjust brightness in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis.
IPS screen technology creates a bigger viewing sweet spot
We've noticed that 4K TVs in general offer better-than-average off-axis picture quality, and LG's models are especially impressive in this regard. The reason is LG's IPS panel technology, which keeps picture contrast and color looking crisp even as you move around to the sides of the screen. The trade-off for IPS's improved off-axis viewing is contrast and black levels that are not quite top-notch. It means the 60UH7700 is best enjoyed with at least some room lights on.
Smart TV features made point-and-click easy
The 60UH7700's built-in web apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment — streamed video from services like Netflix, YouTube®, and Hulu®. The colorful webOS user interface lets you customize your home screen to access the apps you use most, and easily switch between them.
LG's motion-sensing Magic Remote is simple and fun to use. You can point, click, scroll and even speak into the remote to find exactly what you want, searching across apps, movies, TV shows and the web... all at the same time. It's a lot like using a wireless videogame controller or an air mouse.
Unsure if your network can handle demanding tasks like 4K streaming? Check out our wireless router buying guide. If you haven't upgraded your hardware in the last few years, a new router will offer big improvements in range and speed.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 59.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- Ultra High Definition TV with 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- TruMotion 240Hz blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR 10 and Dolby Vision™) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content from connected sources or streamed via the TV's built-in apps
- LED edge backlight with local dimming for excellent picture contrast
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
- Super Mastering Engine and 4K Upscaler enhance standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- WebOS 3.0 with built-in web browser
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi® provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Netflix Recommended TV offers a unique feature set that makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring with Miracast™ enabled phones and tablets
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- 3 HDMI 2.0a
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a fast, reliable wired network connection
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 35-3/8"W x 11"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 53-1/8"W x 30-5/8"H x 2-7/16"D (32-15/16"H x 11"D on stand)
- weight: 53.3 lbs. with stand; 48.7 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 60UH7700
What's in the box:
- 60" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Magic Remote (AN-MR600)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Component video adapter
- Composite video/stereo RCA adapter
- Four M5 x 20mm screws
- Four M4 x 12mm screws (lock-washers installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Easy Setup Guide
- Magic Remote User Information
- Warranty Information
- Product Registration Card
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
LG 60UH7700 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 60UH7700
Features & specs
Super UHD w/ Upscaler: The LG's Super UHD series LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution regardless of input signal, thanks to its Super Mastering Engine & 4K Upscaler. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before. More benefits of Ultra-HD 4K include:
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
HDR Super w/ Dolby Vision: The LG SUPER UHD series LED-LCD TV supports High Dynamic Range (HDR), along with Dolby Vision to deliver deeper black levels and superior brightness for enhanced contrast ratio, plus over a billion rich colors that make the picture come more to life.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): HDR reproduces a greater
dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast
& wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the
subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the
brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of
dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. You can choose
between four HDR video modes.
- HDR Standard: Optimizes the screen for HDR video signal.
- HDR Bright: The screen appears brighter and even more colorful.
- HDR Vivid: Sharpens the image by increasing the contrast, brightness and sharpness.
- HDR Gaming: Decreases input lag for HDR gaming, while maintaining all of the benefits of HDR (firmware update required).
- Dolby Vision: The LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV takes HDR video a step
further with support for
Dolby Vision content. Dolby Vision masters its video content at 4,000
nits (40x brighter than standard TV), resulting in more detailed images with
greater contrast. With the expanded luminance of Dolby Vision, each scene is
created with a range of colors much closer to what the eye actually sees.
Dolby Vision unlocks many more hues across the full brightness range (up to
50% more color than regular TV) for a dramatic difference. By using a much
wider range of brights-to-darks (50% more contrast than conventional TV),
Dolby Vision provides a new level of richness and precision that makes every
scene look more real with more detailed textures, patterns, and edges; plus
a convincing three-dimensional feel. You can choose between three Dolby
- Movie Dark: Optimizes the screen for the Dolby Vision HDR video signal.
- Movie Bright: The TV screen appears brighter and clearer.
- Vivid: Sharpens the image by increasing the contrast, brightness and sharpness on the Dolby Vision HDR video.
Note: Dolby Vision will be available via software update, which requires internet connection. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view HDR content.
IPS 4K Quantum Display: One of the secrets behind the Super UHD LG LED-LCD TV's outstanding Ultra-HD 4K performance & picture quality is the use of LG's proprietary IPS 4K Quantum Display Technology. IPS 4K Quantum Display Technology allows the TV to reproduce more shades of more colors with finer gradations plus deeper black levels and higher peak brightness. This yields a more accurate, more lifelike picture from wider viewing angles. You'll witness the extreme clarity of 4K resolution with stunning colors as true-to-life as nature intended that stay vibrant across the entire screen, even at wide viewing angles.
Edge-Lit w/ Local Dimming: The TV's Edge-Lit LED backlight system provides even greater control of brightness & contrast through Local Dimming to deliver amazing clarity and color detail. Local Dimming analyzes the signal of the input video by specific areas of the screen, and then adjusts the backlight to improve the contrast ratio (difference between white & blacks). These more pronounced blacks & whites in turn enhance overall picture quality, with greater clarity, plus bolder colors. The Local Dimming setting can be set to Low (natural black tones), Medium (deeper black tones), High (deep black tones with clear images), or Off.
Proprietary LG Picture & Video Technologies: LG also incorporates many other proprietary technologies which boost overall picture & video quality.
- ColorPrime Plus: To enhance color reproduction even more, LG's ColorPrime Plus magnifies the range of colors that can be displayed on the screen. The technology utilizes a broadened color spectrum to render a wider range of hues and shades, creating images with greater depth and realism.
- Ultra Luminance: Ultra-HD picture quality becomes even more dynamic with an extended range of brightness, thanks to LG's Ultra Luminance technology. By enabling higher peak brightness and an enhanced contrast ratio, Ultra Luminance makes 4K & HDR images even more striking.
- True Black Panel: True Black Panel is a proprietary technology that minimizes reflections and enhances contrast ratio for a more comfortable viewing experience.
- TruMotion 240Hz: The Super UHD LED-LCD TV employs LG's proprietary TruMotion 240Hz backlight scanning system to enhance the TV's 120Hz native panel refresh rate to reduce blur and yield crisper details; even during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies.
Video Inputs: The LG UHD television features HDMI 2.0a, Component, and Composite video inputs. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K).
- HDMI 2.0a: The three HDMI 2.0a inputs will accept 4K/HDR
(60Hz), 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI
inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or
Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The
television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (60fps). 4:2:2 (60fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) are also supported by all HDMI inputs. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You must enable 4:4:4 color subsampling in the TV's on-screen menu.
- Analog Video: The Component Video input will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The composite video input will accept 480i only. The Component and Composite video inputs share an audio input.
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Picture Settings: The LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio
depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- Just Scan: displays the picture in the original size without cutting off the edges
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- All-Direction Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is
best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- Smart Picture: the TV will automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings based on data it receives on the genre of the program being played
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds for fast gaming
- Photo: optimized for viewing still-images
- HDR Effect: enjoy a more dynamic, clearer image by correcting the light and dark areas of the display
- User: manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature
- Expert: the TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing; the EXPERT/ISFccc mode allows an expert to fine-tune the picture quality using a specific image.
- Advanced Picture Control: The TV also offers more
advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid
- Preferred Color: fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- Edge Enhancer: shows clearer and distinctive yet natural edges of the video
- Color Filter: filters a specific color spectrum in RGB Colors to fine-tune color saturation and hue accurately
- Expert Pattern: patterns used for expert adjustment
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are
available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Eye Comfort Mode: color temperature will be automatically adjusted to reduce eye strain
Magic Zoom: Magic Zoom enables you to magnify objects and letters anywhere on the screen without any degradation in picture quality, using the included Magic Remote.
Multi-View: The Multi-View feature lets you watch a live TV broadcast and an external HDMI input source simultaneously on the screen. Multi-View provides two smaller side-by-side images that are positioned in the middle of the screen (does not fill up the whole screen).
Harman/Kardon Sound Design: The TV's onboard speaker system has been designed by Harman/kardon to provide rich, cinematic sound in your living room.
Magic Sound Tuning: With the Magic Sound Tuning feature, you can detect the space where your TV is installed using your Magic Remote's microphone to optimize the audio of your TV for your environment. When the initial detection is complete, you can select your desired audio mode.
- Standard: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio in Standard mode. This mode provides a clean and natural sound.
- Bass Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on bass.
- Treble Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on treble.
- Off: This option disables the use of Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio. Selecting this option outputs your TV's default sound without making any adjustments to it.
TV Installation Type: This audio setting optimizes the sound based on the TV's positioning & setup. You have three options to choose from.
- Stand Type 1: Use this if the distance between your TV stand and the wall is significant.
- Stand Type 2: Use this if your TV stand is close to the wall. This will reduce bass reflex and give you clearer sound quality.
- Wall-Mounted Type: Use this if your installed TV is wall-mounted type.
Audio Settings: The LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to fine-tune the television's sound to your preference and application.
- Equalizer: The TV provides preset EQ modes. Choose from
Smart Sound, Standard, Clear Voice III, Cinema, Sports, Music, or Game. You
can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz,
300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
- Smart Sound: The Smart Sound setting automatically adjusts the TV to the optimal sound mode based on data it receives on the genre of the program being played.
- Clear Voice III: Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels.
- Simulated Surround: LG's Ultra Surround technology provides simulated multi-channel surround sound from the speakers built into the television. The TV's 3D Sound Zooming feature delivers realistic sound in accordance with the three-dimensional effect of the video (can only be enabled when TV is in 3D video mode).
- Auto Volume: You can set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels.
- AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
Note: You can choose to turn the television speakers off or leave them on with the TV's optical digital output active.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the TV's HDMI 2 input enables the television, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, network connection, and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. Analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
LG Sound Sync w/ Bluetooth: Thanks to the TV's LG Sound Sync and built-in Bluetooth, you can pair a single set of Bluetooth headphones or one Bluetooth speaker with the LG UHD LED-LCD TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. The TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level.
Note: Not compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network & internet connection, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The LG LED-LCD TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer. A back cover has to be removed to access the Ethernet port.
- WiFi (wireless LAN): The LG TV offers built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n or better recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router is recommended for 4K streaming.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Smart TV Apps: LG Smart TV Apps allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network & internet connection. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more to watch immediately. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as education, entertainment, lifestyle, news, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps. Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- 4K/HDR Content: This Super UHD LED-LCD TV even offers HEVC & VP9 decoding, which means it'll be able to display 4K & HDR content from online movie & TV show providers like Netflix, Amazon Video, & YouTube. 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
- TV Shows & Movies: Watch your favorite TV shows and movies on Vudu, Hulu Plus, FandangoNow Google Play Movies/TV, Crackle, & YuppTV.
- Internet Radio & Music: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from Spotify, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & iHeartRadio.
- Sports & Videos: Get sports updates from MLB.TV, as well as watch downloaded videos from DailyMotion.
- News & Weather: Catch up on the news at USA Today, plus get weather forecasts from AccuWeather & The Weather Network.
- Games: LG Smart TV Apps contains a variety of online games. You may need to connect a compatible game-pad to the TV's USB port.
Note: Make sure the LG television has the latest software/firmware updates installed. Subscriptions & Fees may apply for some online services and content. Online content subject to change without notice.
Web Browser: The LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
ScreenShare: This LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV offers Intel WiDi & Miracast capability through is ScreenShare feature.
- Intel WiDi: With Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), playing content wirelessly from your Intel-based laptop or computer on the big-screen has never been easier. You'll be able to display video and watch videos that are on your laptop through the LG TV. Intel WiDi delivers rich, vibrant visuals and audio to the television without the clutter of cables. You get quick, reliable wireless connection with low latency, without the need for a wireless router.
- Miracast: Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the LG TV. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device on your TV screen; no wireless router or access point required.
SmartShare: SmartShare technology lets you enjoy audio, video, and photo content stored on your DLNA-compliant device, WiFi Direct-certified device, or USB-enabled device through the LG Super UHD TV. Compatible audio formats include MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV/PCM, & OGG. Compatible video files include AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, Motion JPEG, MOV, WMV, & Vob. Compatible photo files include JPEG, PNG, BMP, JPS, & MPO.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG TV from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
- DLNA Certified: This TV is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7/8 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
- USB Ports (3.0/2.0): The television features three USB (type-A) ports; there is one USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports. These USB port can be used for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The USB 3.0 port even supports playback of 4K video content. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television even lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
webOS 3.0: LG's latest webOS 3.0 menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive webOS 3.0 user interface features a redesigned Launcher menu that pulls together all your content choices. webOS 3.0 serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, and what you might like to watch next, while the integrated LG App Store is ready to deliver the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive webOS 3.0 user interface.
Content Search: The LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV offers unique tools to search for live TV and online programming.
- Live Menu: While watching TV, you can easily search for other channels by moving the pointer to the right side of the screen.
- Program Guide w/ Scheduler: The television's built-in program guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later.
- My Channels: My Channels is a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels.
- Recommendations: This feature allows you to enjoy a wide variety of recommended content at your convenience. Recommendations encompass programming from TV networks, online movie services and online TV show providers. As you select more programs, the recommendations become even better-tailored to you.
- App Categories: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search from - All Apps, My Apps, Premium Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Games. You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
Quick Menu: The Quick Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions like Picture Mode, Sound Mode, Aspect Ratio.
Netflix Recommended: This LG Super UHD LED-LCD TV is a Netflix Recommended TV. This is due to the fact that is offers a unique feature set which makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy. The LG TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with the newest features. The TV has an Instant On feature, so the TV wakes and apps are ready to use right away. The TV's Resume feature will remember what you were doing and wakes to the same place as when it was turned off; plus video resumes instantly when returning to Netflix from other apps or channels.
DIRECTV 4K Ready: The LG television is RVU-compatible which means DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can watch live broadcast (up to 4K) and stored content (up to 4K) from their DVR on the LG TV, without the need for additional Genie Mini Client devices or set-top boxes. However, you will need a DECA unit (sold separately) that converts Coax to Ethernet, which will plug into the LG TV's LAN port. Make sure the television has the latest firmware update.
Note: Whether you are a new or existing DIRECTV customer, you will need to contact DIRECTV to complete the RVU setup.
Analog & Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto, Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG LED-LCD Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Motion Sensing Remote w/ Microphone: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. This included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 32.8', without direct line-of-sight. Through the TV's setup menu, you can also program the Magic Remote to operate your cable/satellite receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player, or home theater/soundbar system.
- Remote Controller/Mouse Pointer: The RF remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
- Voice Command Functions : The built-in microphone enables Voice Command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, and volume control. Simply press-&-hold the Search button on the remote to activate the Voice Command function. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. You can tune TV stations, browse TV shows & movies from online apps, search the web, and raise the volume up/down..
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a multimedia device, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything.
- Device Control: Enables the user to control multimedia devices with the TV remote control to watch content.
- Main Power On/Off: If Auto Power Sync is set to On in the SIMPLINK settings, turning on a SIMPLINK-linked device will turn the TV on. If Auto Power Sync is set to on in the SIMPLINK settings, turning off your TV will turn off all of your SIMPLINK-linked devices.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
LG TV Plus Remote App: You can download the LG TV Plus remote app onto your Android (OS 4.2+) smartphone/tablet or Apple iOS (6.1+) iPod/iPhone/iPad in order to control the television from your mobile device, share content from your mobile device to the TV, and other conveinent features.
- Remote Control: With the LG TV Plus app installed, your compatible mobile device will act as a wireless remote & mouse pointer, just like the included Magic Remote. You'll be able to change channels and adjust volume from the app on your smartphone. You can even select the television's LG Smart TV apps, SmartShare content, and ScreenShare content.
- Content Sharing: You can enjoy your pictures, videos, and music on your Apple iOS or Android device through the LG LED-LCD TV's screen. As a bonus, Android (OS 5.0+) users can use the LG TV Plus app's Magic Mobile Connection feature to allow friends and family to share content from their Android device on the TV.
- My Starter: The My Starter feature of the LG TV Plus app lets you view information through your TV, such as the current time, weather, and schedules you have added to your Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: The LG TV and your Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same network.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG LED-LCD TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with its pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 53.3 lbs with the stand. The TV does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 300mm (h) x 300mm (v). The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 48.7 lbs without the stand.
Ventilation Requirements: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.8125" from the wall.
2 questions already asked