About the LG 60PX950
LG's PX950 series: The first TVs to be THX®-certified for both 2D and 3D
LG's PX950 series: The first TVs to be THX®-certified for both 2D and 3D
The 60PX950 is LG's flagship 60" plasma HDTV. It has the cutting-edge display capabilities that 3D video demands, so it can introduce you to the third dimension whenever you're ready. This is the first TV to be THX-certified for both 2D and 3D video content, which is important, because the picture settings that look best for 2D viewing aren't the best for 3D. THX's settings are all about picture accuracy they're calibrated to match what a film director sees on a professional monitor.
What can you watch in 3D? More than you might think
Of course, the 60PX950 can't create 3D effects all by itself. You'll also need LG's 3D glasses (sold separately), and a 3D video source. The ultimate 3D viewing experience starts with video material that was filmed or created in 3D. You can choose from several 3D Blu-ray players, and a limited number of 3D Blu-ray titles should be available. Also, ESPN® and DIRECTV® have launched dedicated 3D channels so that true 3D content is available to over 40 million satellite and cable TV viewers. LG also included video processing that can create a mild 3D effect with standard 2D broadcasts, Blu-rays, DVDs and video games.
THX picture settings like having a pro calibrate your TV
The 60PX950's THX certification means it passed more than 30 rigorous picture quality tests to ensure top-notch image resolution and color accuracy. And because the amount of light in your room has such a big effect on picture quality, LG includes a new "Bright Room" THX mode, which boosts overall picture brightness for daytime viewing.
Watch Internet movies on your biggest and best screen
LG's NetCast Internet apps bring many of the most popular web services directly to your TV, no need to connect to your computer. Hook up this TV to your wired or wireless home network and start watching movies from your Netflix® Instant Queue, or downloading high-def on-demand titles from Vudu®. To connect wirelessly, just plug in the included Wi-Fi® adapter.
A remote control that puts you in motion
The 60PX950 comes with a conventional full-function remote that works exactly as you'd expect. Then there's the second remote LG's "Magic Motion" wand that's unlike any TV remote you've ever used. It's a motion-sensing design that works like a wireless mouse to control basic everyday functions. You don't just push buttons, you actually wave the remote around. It'll remind you of some of the latest video game controllers.
Learn about the ins and outs of HDMI connections at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 59.8" screen (measured diagonally)
- seamless bezel-less design with high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- can display 3D images when viewed with LG's shutter glasses (sold separately)
- 600Hz Max Sub Field Driving for clearer motion
- TruBlack Filter to resist glare from room lights and improve picture contrast
- 5,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- THX®-certified with optimized settings for the most accurate 2D and 3D picture, plus THX Bright Room mode
- Internet-ready with NetCast apps plays Netflix video and more (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- to see how this TV's Internet apps work, watch the Experience NetCast demo at LG's website (apps may vary by model)
- Wi-Fi adapter included for easy connection to a wireless home network
- view photos stored on a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- wireless 1080p-ready (requires Wireless 1080p Media Kit)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- two remotes: one standard illuminated remote and one Magic Motion wand
- SIMPLINK simplifies remote control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 8 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 2 component video
- 4 HDMI v1.4 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB 2.0 ports (1 for connecting a camera or thumb drive, 1 for use with LG's included wireless USB adapter)
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 23-5/8"W x 15-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (wall bracket not included)
- 55-1/2"W x 33-7/8"H x 2-1/4"D (36-3/4"H x 15-1/8"D on stand)
- weight: 112.2 lbs. with stand; 95.4 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 60PX950
What's in the box:
- 60" Plasma 3D TV (with attached stand)
- 5' AC power cord
- IR remote control (AKB72914026)
- RF remote control (AKB730354)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Two "AA" batteries
- Wi-Fi dongle (AN-WF100)
- Protection cover
- 2 Ferrite cores
- 2 Cable ties
- Cable management clip
- Remote wrist-strap
- Cleaning pad
- Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual
- 3D Viewing instructions
- Limited Warranty Information
- Product Registration Card
- "Child Safety" sheet
LG 60PX950 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 60PX950
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LG Infinia 60PX950 Plasma TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
Video Inputs: The LG Infinia Plasma HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (ver.1.4 with Deep Color): The four HDMI inputs (3 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jacks will accept 1080p (60/24Hz),1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color and 3D content.
- Component Video: The two rear-panel Component Video inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Composite: The TV features a rear-panel and side-panel composite video input which will accept a 480i video signal.
Note: The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
3D-Ready: This Plasma TV can display 3D (three-dimensional) video when received from a 3D compatible device. 3D video contains two pictures for each video frame formatted for each eye. Therefore, special 3D glasses are required to view 3D video. The optional LG 3D glasses (689S100, sold separately) enable you to view 3D video and images on this 3D-ready Plasma television from a 3D-ready source; such as a Blu-ray player, Game system, or Satellite receiver. The wireless 3D glasses communicate seamlessly with the LG 3D-ready TV via it's built-in emitter. The result is a beautiful, full HD 1080p three-dimensional experience that brings you closer to the action from the comfort of your home. The LG Plasma TV offers several 3D modes to match various 3D content.
|Video Input||Signal||Resolution||Playable 3D Video Mode|
|HDMI||720p||1280 x 720||Top & Bottom, Side-by-Side, Frame Packing|
|1080i||1920 x 1080||Top & Bottom, Side-by-Side, Checker Board, Single Frame Sequential, Frame Packing|
|USB||1080p||1920 x 1080||Top & Bottom, Side-by-Side, Checker Board, MPO (Photo)|
|Component||720p||1280 x 720||Top & Bottom , Side-by-Side|
|1080i||1920 x 1080|
Note: The LG Plasma 3D-ready TV along with the LG's active shutter glasses provide a wide, clear view of the action with a 6.5-22.9' and 120° viewing range. To experience LG's 3D technology on this Plasma TV, you will need LG's 3D Active Shutter Glasses (AG-S100), an HDMI (ver.1.4) connected 3D source (such as a Blu-ray player or Satellite receiver), and 3D content.
2D-to-3D: 2D images can be transformed to 3D images. If you are watching a 2D digital broadcast (720p/1080i), the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images.
Note: Analog TV and 480i/480p 2D images cannot be viewed in 3D (three-dimensional) mode.
THX Certified 3D Display: The TV's THX Certified 3D Display lets you watch movies that deliver the meticulous level of visual detail the director envisioned in the studio. THX (Thomlinson Holman's Experiment) is an audio and video certification standard established by George Lucas and Thomlinson. A THX Certified 3D display guarantees screen quality that exceeds the display standard specification in both hardware and software. The THX Certified 3D Display program adheres to the strictest engineering standards regarding color accuracy, luminance, black levels, and more. To earn certification, Infinia passed rigorous laboratory testing covering more than 400 data points. The result is Infinia's THX Cinema and Right Room modes, which deliver an compromised cinematic experience at home.
Dual XD Engine: The Infinia 60PX950 combines two of LG's exclusive XD Engines to maximize picture quality for any type of video content. LG's Dual XD Engine lets you watch sports, play video games, and experience high-speed movie action with exceptionally rich detail and virtually no motion blur. It also completely filters out noise, resulting in a more pure picture. By combining XD Engine processors, panel performance is optimized ensuring higher color accuracy and more realistic images.
TruBlack Filter: The television's TruBlack Filter helps block glare while boosting images on the screen to improve picture quality and contrast ratio. TruBlack Filter technology reduces ambient light reflection, enabling superior black levels and improving contrast for a sharper and more detailed picture, even in a bright room.
600Hz Max Sub Field Driving: The television's 600Hz refresh rate virtually eliminates motion blur for an incredible viewing experience of fact action sports, movies, and video games.
5,000,000:1 Mega Dynamic Contrast: The Plasma TV delivers a Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 5,000,000:1; which provides stunning colors and deep black, so your picture's details don't get lost in the shadows.
Intelligent Sensor: The LG Infinia Plasma TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): This feature lets you choose the way an analog picture with a 4:3 aspect ratio is displayed on your TV. You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input). You can select from:
- 4:3: Choose 4:3 when you want to view a picture with an original 4:3 aspect ratio.
- 16:9: Adjust the picture horizontally, in a linear proportion to fill the entire screen.
- Just Scan: Normally the edges of video signals are cropped 1-2%. Just Scan turns off this cropping and shows the complete video.
- Zoom: Choose Zoom when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
- Cinema Zoom: Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. This enlarges an image with cinemascope aspect ratio (2.35:1) without distortion.
- Set By Program: Selects the proper picture proportion to match the source's image (16:9 or 4:3).
Picture Wizard (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG Infinia 60PX950TV's Picture Wizard (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This features takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes (Presets): There are factory presets for picture settings available in the user menu. You can use these preset modes or change each picture setting manually.
- Standard: This mode provides optimum viewing for general use.
- Vivid: Maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness.
- Cinema: Optimizes video for watching videos.
- Sport: Emphasizes dynamic video and primary color for optimum sports watching.
- Game: Provides fast response speed for fast gaming system.
- APS (Auto Power Saving): This is the mode reduces the television's picture quality without hurting the picture quality.
- THX: Cinema (cinema quality mode to provide you the experience of watching a movie at home); Bright Room (the specification to optimize TV viewing in a Bright Room).
- User: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings
manually. You can adjust the following.
- Contrast: Increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal. You may use Contrast when the bright part of the picture is saturated.
- Brightness: Adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture. You may use Brightness when the dark part of the picture is saturated.
- Sharpness: Adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture. The lower the level, the softer the image.
- Color: Adjusts intensity of all colors.
- Tint: Adjusts the balance between red and green levels.
- Color Temp: Set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG Infinia Plasma TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green will look more vivid.
- Skin Color: It detects the skin area of video and adjusts it to express a natural skin color.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- Digital Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Clear White: Makes the white area of screen brighter and more white.
- Eye Care: Adjusts the brightness of the screen to prevent the screen from being too bright. Dims extremely bright pictures.
- 24p Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- x.v.YCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Temperature: Adjust the overall color the screen by changing the white baseline.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
ISFccc Mode: This TV contains the detailed calibrations necessary for professional certification by the Imaging Science Foundation. The resulting ISF "day" and "night" modes will then be accessible by the user to experience the best this LG HDTV has to offer. Sophisticated and detailed calibrations can be made through the ISFccc mode. Detailed calibration requires a licensed technician. Please contact your local dealer to inquire about an ISF certified technician.
Image Sticking Minimization (ISM): A frozen still picture displayed on the screen for prolonged periods can result in a ghost image. You can use Orbiter to help prevent image sticking. The other two functions are for removing a ghost image.
- Normal: If image sticking is never a problem, ISM is not necessary - set to Normal.
- Orbiter: Orbiter may help prevent ghost images. However, it is best not to allow any fixed image to remain on the screen. To avoid a ghost image on the screen, the image will move every 2 minutes.
- Color Wash: The color block with the screen moved a little and the white pattern are alternately displayed. It is difficult to see the after image on all colors. Once it has been corrected it will not be visible in any color.
- White Wash: White Wash removes ghost images from the screen. Use sparingly. Watch the TV normally for a while before using this feature to see if the ghost image disappears on its own.
Invisible Speakers: The LG 60PX950 contains a unique invisible speaker system, tuned by renowned audio expert, Mr. Mark Levinson. The TV's speakers are embedded in strategic spots behind the front-cabinet and use minute vibrations to turn the entire front bezel into the speaker system. The result is a clean, polished look, and enhanced audio by increasing the "sweet-spot", giving a wider and richer sound field.
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. There is also a User Mode which allows you to adjust the television's Bass & Treble.
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Infinite Sound: Infinite Sound is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or LG Apps TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
Note: There is no analog audio output.
PC-Compatible: This unit has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase.
Note: The LG Plasma TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Dual USB 2.0 Ports: The television features two side-panel USB type-A ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB mass storage class (MSC) device. This TV can playback still image files (JPEG), video files (DivX/MPEG), and audio files (MP3/WMA/AAC). It will recognize up to a maximum of 999 folders or 999 files in one folder.
Note: The recommend capacity is 1TB or less for a USB external hard disc and 32GB or less for a USB memory. USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system provided with the Windows operating system.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to a local area network (LAN) via its Ethernet (LAN) port. The included LG Wireless LAN for Broadband/DLNA Adaptor (AN-WF1000) allows the TV to connect to a wireless LAN network.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The included wireless network adapter operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies, that are also used by other household devices.
DLNA Certified: This TV is a DLNA Certified digital media product that can display and play JPEG photo content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server. The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
Note: The DLNA certification logo makes it easy to find products that comply with the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines. This unit complies with DLNA Interoperability Guidelines v1.5. When a PC running DLNA server software or other DLNA compatible device is connected to this TV, some setting changes of software or other devices may be required.
Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials: Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials is easy to use DLNA server software for Windows (CD-ROM software disc included). If you are already using DLNA server software on your PC, Nero MediaHome is not required. Nero MediaHome is not required for Windows 7 since it has a built-in DLNA server. Your computer will need to meet the following system requirements to install Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials.
|CPU||1.2 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Sempron 2200+ processor|
|OS||Windows XP (SP 2 or higher) Windows Vista (no SP required), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (SP 2 or higher), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 64-bit edition (application runs in 32-bit mode)|
|Hard Drive Space||200 MB hard drive space|
|Memory||256 MB RAM|
|Graphics Card||at least 32 MB video memory, minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, and 16-bit color settings|
|Internet||Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher|
|Software||DirectX 9.0c revision 30 (Aug. 2006) or higher|
|Network Environment||100 Mb Ethernet, WLAN (IEE 802.11b/g/n)|
Compatible Audio/Video/Photo File Formats: The LG Infinia Plasma TV is compatible with the following video, still-image, and audio formats via USB and from your PC via a network connection.
|Video Files||Still Image Files||Audio Files|
|Video Formats||MPEG 1/2/4, H.264, DivX (VOD), Motion JPEG||Still Image Formats||JPEG||Bit Rate||32-320 kbps|
|Resolution||up to 1920 x 1080 (640 x 480 for Motion JPEG)||Baseline Resolution|| 64 x 64 to |
15360 x 8460
|Frame Rate |
|1920 x 1080||up to 30fps||Sampling Rate||MPEG1 (Layer 3)||32/44.1/48 kHz|
|1280 x 720||up to 60fps||Progressive Resolution||64 x 64 to |
1920 x 1440
|Max Video Bit Rate||20 Mbps||MPEG2 (Layer 3)||16/22.05/24 kHz|
|Audio Bit Rate:||32-320 kbps (MP2/3, WMA, AAC, Dolby Digital, LPCM,)||MPEG2.5 (Layer 3)||8/11/025/12 kHz|
NETCAST: NetCast Entertainment Access brings select Internet services directly to the LG Infinia Plasma TV via the television's wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) network connection. NETCAST allows you stream and instantly access movies, TV shows and video, or get up to the minute news, stock information, or weather updates directly to the LG TV via the television's network connection (no computer required). NETCAST delivers the following online content to the LG Infinia TV.
- Yahoo: Yahoo! TV Widgets give you the best of the Internet in perfect harmony with the simplicity and reliability of your TV. TV Widgets deliver a Cinematic internet experience by converting your favorite web services for viewing on the TV.
- Netflix: You can instantly watch movies (quite a few new releases) & TV episodes from Netflix streamed over the internet to your TV. To become a Netflix member visit: www.netflix.com/LG.
- Vudu: In order to make rental/purchase transactions on the Vudu service, a user must create an account on vudu.com. That account is linked to a specific device, via a process called "activation". It is possible to have multiple devices associated with a single Vudu account. Vudu only available in the US.
- YouTube: YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips.
- Picasa: Picasa is a photo organizing or sharing website where users can upload, view, and share photos.
- Flickr: Flickr provides a television-viewing experience while watching slideshows of family and friends' photos.
Note: A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required. NETCAST online content may change at anytime without notice (please check LG.com for the latest NETCAST online content services).
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection.
TruSlim Frame with Slim Profile: The display is a seamless, edge-to-edge panel of glass over an ultra-slim bezel. At less than 1" thick, the new TruSlim Frame trims away distraction without compromising screen size. The LG Infinia Plasma TV only measures a mere 2.25" in depth.
On-Screen Simple Manual: You can easily and effectively access the TV's information by viewing a simple on-screen manual on the TV. During the Simple Manual operation, audio will be muted.
AV Modes: With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of three picture modes. You can choose from "THX Cinema", "Sports," or "Games" to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG Infinia HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Games: The LG Infinia Plasma TV features preinstalled video games for your whole family to enjoy. You can choose from Jump, Hole In One, Whack A Mole, Sodoku, JigSaw, Cooking Burger, Balloon Hunter, Saving Crystal, Invader, and Urgent Survival.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function (V-Chip) is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible to block all program viewing for a time period. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Key Lock: This feature can be used to prevent unauthorized viewing by locking out the front panel controls, so that it can only be used with the remote control.
Calendar Schedule: The Calendar Schedule feature provides a view of a monthly calendar, so you can keep track of the date better. It also allows you to enter special events for specific members of your family, such as your son or daughter's birthday, or your mom and dad's wedding anniversary; so you won't forget. Notes can be placed for a particular month or calendar year.
World Time: This function allows you to see the date and time from all around the world.
Timers: The Plasma TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Wireless External Equipment Connection: LG TVs with a proprietary Wireless Control port support the LG Wireless Media Box (AN-WL100W, sold separately). When you connect the wireless ready dongle (included with the media box) to the TV, external devices can be connected to the LG Wireless Media Box and video and audio will be sent to the TV wirelessly.
IR Remote Control: The supplied IR remote control is designed to only operate the LG Infinia Plasma television and SIMPLINK connected components. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Magic Motion Remote: The included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 30'. The RF remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options. The RF remote contains the following buttons - Power, Menu/Enter, Volume up/down, Channel up/down, and Mute.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power off all devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Switch audio-out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Sync Power on: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with *CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
RS-232C (Service): The RS-232C port on this TV is used for service only.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand attached. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 112.2 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 600mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 95.4 lbs without the stand.
Note: The television's straight 3-prong AC plug sits 2.125" from the wall outlet.