About the LG 60PZ950
LG's 60PZ950 will turn your house into the top neighborhood hangout for movie or game night. This 60" set offers a spectacular 2D picture and the option for 3D movies, TV shows, and video games whenever you choose to pick up a pair or two of LG's 3D glasses. The screen's TruBlack anti-glare treatment means you'll see fewer reflections of your room's lights along with striking picture contrast.
A new dimension in entertainment
The ultimate 3D viewing experience starts with video material that was filmed or created in 3D. Add the 3D Blu-ray player of your choice and pick up a movie from the growing selection of 3D Blu-ray titles. Or flip to either ESPN®'s or DIRECTV®'s dedicated 3D channels, which are available to over 40 million satellite and cable TV viewers. As a bonus, the 60PZ950 includes video processing that creates a 3D effect with even your regular 2D broadcasts, Blu-rays, DVDs, and video games.
THX®-certified display for 2D and 3D
You don't have to take our word for it that this TV has a gorgeous picture THX guarantees it. To earn THX 3D Display certification, a TV has to pass more than 30 rigorous tests. It ensures that you get an uncompromised high-definition 3D experience in your home. You can also count on blur-free video motion, along with impressive picture depth and color contrast. It all adds up to a viewing experience that's true to what the director intended.
More entertainment options with Internet streaming
Connect the 60PZ950 to your broadband Internet service to gain access to a number of built-in web "apps" that let you instantly watch movies streamed from Netflix® and order on-demand HD titles from Vudu®. You can even check out what your friends are up to on Facebook® or watch the latest viral videos on YouTube®. Use the included Wi-Fi® adapter and you can access these services and more using your wireless home network. Plus, with LG's motion-activated remote "wand", you just have to point to what you want on your TV's screen to select it. It's something a little different ... and fun.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 59.8" screen (measured diagonally)
- ultra-slim bezel with high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- displays 3D images when you wear LG's AG-S250 active shutter glasses (sold separately)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- 600Hz Max Sub Field Driving for clear video motion
- 5,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- TruBlack Filter helps block glare and improves picture contrast
- THX®-certified with optimized settings for the most accurate 2D and 3D picture, plus Bright Room mode
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more, built-in web browser (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- Wi-Fi®-capable link to your wireless network with the included USB dongle
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- two remotes: one illuminated standard remote and one Magic Motion wand
- SIMPLINK simplifies remote control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 8 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 2 component video
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive, or LG accessories
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 23-5/8"W x 14-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (wall bracket not included)
- 54-7/8"W x 33-1/4"H x 2-5/8"D (36"H x 14-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 102 lbs. with stand; 88.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 2 years panel, 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 60PZ950
What's in the box:
- 60" Plasma TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AKB72914064)
- RF remote control (AKB732955) with wrist-strap
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Two "AA" batteries
- Wireless Broadband/DLNA Adapter (AN-WF100)
- Protection cover
- Four 4mm x 26mm machine screws (with flat-/lock-washers)
- Three 5mm x 14.5mm machine screws (with flat-washers)
- Cable tie
- Cable clamp
- Ferrite core
- Screen cleaning cloth
- Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual booklet
- Using 3D Glasses Guide
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Child Safety" sheet
- Product Registration Card
- Remote Control Unit User Information
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
LG 60PZ950 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 60PZ950
Features & specs
Dual XD Engine: The LG 60PZ950 combines two of LG's exclusive XD Engines to maximize picture quality for any type of video content. By combining XD Engine processors, panel performance is optimized ensuring higher color accuracy and more realistic images.
600Hz Max Sub Field Driving: The television's 600Hz refresh rate virtually eliminates motion blur for an incredible viewing experience of fact action sports, movies, and video games.
TruBlack Filter: The television's TruBlack Filter helps block glare while boosting images on the screen to improve picture quality and contrast ratio. TruBlack Filter technology reduces ambient light reflection, enabling superior black levels and improving contrast for a sharper and more detailed picture, even in a bright room.
5,000,000:1 Mega Dynamic Contrast: The Plasma TV delivers a Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 5,000,000:1; which provides stunning colors and deep black, so your picture's details don't get lost in the shadows.
Intelligent Sensor: Let the TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. The LG Plasma TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LG 60PZ950 Plasma TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
Video Inputs: The LG Plasma HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The four HDMI inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1/2/3 inputs can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jacks will accept 1080p (60/24Hz),1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color and x.v.Color.
- Component Video: The two Component Video inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Composite: The TV also features two composite video inputs which will accept a 480i video signal.
Note: The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
THX 3D Certified Display: The TV's THX Certified 3D Display lets you watch movies that deliver the meticulous level of visual detail the director envisioned in the studio. THX (Thomlinson Holman's Experiment) is an audio and video certification standard established by George Lucas and Thomlinson. A THX Certified 3D display guarantees screen quality that exceeds the display standard specification in both hardware and software. The THX Certified 3D Display program adheres to the strictest engineering standards regarding color accuracy, luminance, black levels, and more. To earn certification, the LG 50PZ50 passed rigorous laboratory testing covering more than 400 data points. The result is LG's THX Cinema and Right Room modes, which deliver an compromised cinematic experience at home.
3D-Ready: This Plasma TV can display 3D (three-dimensional) video when received from a 3D compatible device. 3D video contains two pictures for each video frame formatted for each eye. Therefore, special 3D glasses are required to view 3D video. The optional LG RF-based 3D glasses (689S250, sold separately) enable you to view 3D video and images on this 3D-ready Plasma television from a 3D-ready source; such as a Blu-ray player, Game system, or Satellite receiver. The wireless 3D glasses communicate seamlessly with the LG 3D-ready TV via it's built-in emitter. The result is a beautiful, full HD 1080p three-dimensional experience that brings you closer to the action from the comfort of your home. The LG Plasma TV offers several 3D modes to match various 3D content.
|Video Input||Signal||Resolution||Playable 3D Video Mode|
|HDMI||720p||1280 x 720||Top & Bottom, Side-by-Side, Frame Packing|
|1080i||1920 x 1080||Top & Bottom, Side-by-Side, Checker Board, Single Frame Sequential, Frame Packing|
|RGB-PC||1080p||1920 x 1080||Top & Bottom , Side-by-Side|
|USB||1080p||1920 x 1080||Top & Bottom, Side-by-Side, Checker Board, MPO (Photo)|
|Component||720p||1280 x 720||Top & Bottom , Side-by-Side|
|1080i||1920 x 1080|
|DTV||720p||1280 x 720||Top & Bottom , Side-by-Side|
|1080i||1920 x 1080|
Note: The LG Plasma 3D-ready TV along with the LG's active shutter glasses provide a wide, clear view of the action with a 6.5-22.9' and 120° viewing range. To experience LG's 3D technology on this Plasma TV, you will need LG's 3D Active Shutter Glasses (AG-S250), an HDMI (ver.1.4) connected 3D source (such as a Blu-ray player or Satellite receiver), and 3D content.
2D-to-3D: 2D images can be transformed to 3D images. If you are watching a 2D digital broadcast (720p/1080i), the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images. You can manually adjust the 3D depth effect.
Note: Analog TV and 480i/480p 2D images cannot be viewed in 3D (three-dimensional) mode.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): This feature lets you choose the way an analog picture with a 4:3 aspect ratio is displayed on your TV. You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input). You can select from:
- 4:3: Choose 4:3 when you want to view a picture with an original 4:3 aspect ratio.
- 16:9: Adjust the picture horizontally, in a linear proportion to fill the entire screen.
- Just Scan: Normally the edges of video signals are cropped 1-2%. Just Scan turns off this cropping and shows the complete video.
- Zoom: Choose Zoom when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
- Cinema Zoom: Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. This enlarges an image with cinemascope aspect ratio (2.35:1) without distortion.
- Set By Program: Selects the proper picture proportion to match the source's image (16:9 or 4:3).
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG 60PZ950 TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This features takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes (Presets): There are factory presets for picture settings available in the user menu. You can use these preset modes or change each picture setting manually.
- APS (Auto Power Saving): Maximizes video images while reducing power consumption without hurting picture quality.
- THX: Cinema (cinema quality mode to provide you the experience of watching a movie at home); Bright Room (the specification to optimize TV viewing in a Bright Room).
- Cinema: Optimizes video for watching movies.
- Vivid: Maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness.
- Sport: Emphasizes dynamic video and primary color for optimum sports watching.
- Game: Provides fast response speed for fast gaming system.
- Photo: Optimizes the still image like a photo file in HDMI, or USB mode.
- Standard: This mode provides optimum viewing for general use.
- User: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings
manually. You can adjust the following.
- Contrast: Increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal. You may use Contrast when the bright part of the picture is saturated.
- Brightness: Adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture. You may use Brightness when the dark part of the picture is saturated.
- Sharpness: Adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture. The lower the level, the softer the image.
- Color: Adjusts intensity of all colors.
- Tint: Adjusts the balance between red and green levels.
- Color Temp: Set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG Plasma TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green will look more vivid.
- Skin Color: It detects the skin area of video and adjust it to express a natural skin color.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Clear White: Makes the white area of screen brighter and more white.
- Eye Care: Adjusts the brightness of the screen to prevent the screen from being to bright.
- 24p Real Cinema (Film Mode): Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
- x.v.YCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of color to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural corners of the video.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Temperature: Adjust the overall color the screen by changing the white baseline.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
ISFccc Mode: This TV contains the detailed calibrations necessary for professional certification by the Imaging Science Foundation. The resulting ISF "day" and "night" modes will then be accessible by the user to experience the best this LG HDTV has to offer. Sophisticated and detailed calibrations can be made through the ISFccc mode.
Note: Detailed calibration requires a licensed technician. Please contact your local dealer to inquire about an ISF certified technician.
Image Sticking Minimization (ISM): A frozen still picture displayed on the screen for prolonged periods can result in a ghost image. You can use Orbiter to help prevent image sticking. The other two functions are for removing a ghost image.
- Normal: If image sticking is never a problem, ISM is not necessary - set to Normal.
- Orbiter: Orbiter may help prevent ghost images. However, it is best not to allow any fixed image to remain on the screen. To avoid a ghost image on the screen, the image will move every 2 minutes.
- Color Wash: The color block with the screen moved a little and the white pattern are alternately displayed. It is difficult to see the after image on all colors. Once it has been corrected it will not be visible in any color.
- White Wash: White Wash removes ghost images from the screen. Use sparingly. Watch the TV normally for a while before using this feature to see if the ghost image disappears on its own.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI, USB, and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Infinite 3D Surround: Infinite 3D Surround is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Sound Optimizer: The TV's Sound Optimizer function optimizes the sound depending on the environment in which the TV is installed. You can choose from Normal, Wall-Mount, or Stand.
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. There is also a User Mode which allows you to adjust the television's Bass & Treble.
Tone Control: You can adjust the TV's Bass & Treble output.
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or LG Apps TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
Note: There is no analog audio output.
PC-Compatible: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase.
Note: The LG Plasma TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Dual USB 2.0 Ports: The television features two USB (type-A) ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB mass storage class (MSC) device. This TV can playback still image files (JPEG), video files (DivX/MPEG), and audio files (MP3). It will recognize up to a maximum of 999 folders or 999 files in one folder.
Note: The recommend capacity is 1TB or less for a USB external hard disc and 32GB or less for a USB memory. USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system provided with the Windows operating system.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or via WiFi through its Wireless Broadband/DLNA USB Adapter (AN-WF100). If both options are available in your network, the wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Either network connection offers access to your PC movie/photo/music files and LG Apps.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The included wireless network adapter operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies, which are also used by other household devices.
DLNA Certified: This TV is a DLNA Certified digital media product that can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
Note: The DLNA certification logo makes it easy to find products that comply with the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines. This unit complies with DLNA Interoperability Guidelines v1.5. When a PC running DLNA server software or other DLNA compatible device is connected to this TV, some setting changes of software or other devices may be required.
Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials: Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials is easy to use DLNA server software for Windows (CD-ROM software disc included). If you are already using DLNA server software on your PC, Nero MediaHome is not required. Nero MediaHome is not required for Windows 7 since it has a built-in DLNA server. Your computer will need to meet the following system requirements to install Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials.
|CPU||1.2 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Sempron 2200+ processor|
|OS||Windows XP (SP 2 or higher) Windows Vista (no SP required), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (SP 2 or higher), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 64-bit edition (application runs in 32-bit mode)|
|Hard Drive Space||200 MB hard drive space|
|Memory||256 MB RAM|
|Graphics Card||at least 32 MB video memory, minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, and 16-bit color settings|
|Internet||Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher|
|Software||DirectX 9.0c revision 30 (Aug. 2006) or higher|
|Network Environment||100 Mb Ethernet, WLAN (IEE 802.11b/g/n)|
Compatible Audio/Video/Photo File Formats: The LG Plasma TV is compatible with the following video, still-image, and audio formats via USB and from your PC via a network connection.
|Supported Video Files||Supported Still Image Files||Supported Audio Files|
MPEG 1/2/4, DivX, H.264 |
Resolution: up to 1920 x 1080 (640 x 480 for Motion JPEG)
Frame Rate: up to 30 fps (1920 x 108) or 60fps (1280 x 720)
Max Video Bit Rate: 20 Mbps
|Still Image Formats: JPEG
Baseline Resolution: 64 x 64 to 15360 x 8460
Progressive Resolution: 64 x 64 to 1920 x 1440
Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps
Sampling Rate: MPEG1 Layer 3 (32/44.1/48kHz), MPEG2 Layer3 (16/22.05/24kHz)
LG Apps TV: LG Apps TV allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the LG Plasma TV through a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (included WiFi adapter) network connection. LG Apps TV is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web - all organized in a simple to use interface (known as Smart TV). LG Apps TV offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, weather, videos, and photo album services. Once you have connected the LG TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy entertainment content, up-to-the minute news, weather updates, photo management, and more by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu, without a separate PC.
- Premium Content: LG Apps TV offers Movie, Music,
Photos, Sports, News, Information, Social, and Game content from select
- Movies: Netflix, Vudu HD, Cinema Now, Amazon, and Viewster
- Music: Napster and V-Tuner
- Photos: Picasa
- Sports: NBA scores and MLB.TV
- Information: Associated Press, Accuweather, and Google Maps
- Social: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Games: I-Play TV and Fun Spot
- LG Apps: Pay and free-of-charge online applications can be downloaded from the online LG App Store to the Samsung Plasma TV. You can choose from Games, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Education, and New/Info Apps. Once you download an App, its placed in your "My Apps" folder for quick & easy access.
- Keyword Search: You can enter a keyword search for particular online content.
- Web Browser: You can search for a particular website by URL (.com, .net, .org, etc..). Not all websites will be available for download, because of size.
Note: Internet connection & subscriptions required. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required.
USB Apps: If you have filled up all available space on the TV's internal flash-memory, you can store LG Apps to a USB storage device inserted into the TV's USB 2/Apps port. Up to 1,000 LG Apps can be stored as USB Apps. The USB device must be connected to access these downloaded USB Apps.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection.
LG Smart TV: LG Smart TV is a unique, interactive, simple-to-use on-screen menu system that allows you to watch TV while you search for premium online content, explore LG Apps, adjust picture settings, switch external inputs, and select between connected network devices - all from one menu screen. LG Smart TV offers the following on-screen menu functions.
- Home Dashboard: Home Dashboard is the home menu of the Smart TV, which provides a quick look at various content and services available on the Smart TV, allowing you to easily access them. You can watch your favorite TV shows in real time on the Live TV area while browsing the Smart TV menu. LG Smart TV remembers the most recently watched TV show and provides you with real-time information about the show you are watching, such as the channel number, channel name, TV show title and show time.
- TV Apps: You have easy access to LG's online app store, so you can download pay or free-of-charge TV apps. You also have easy access to your already downloaded LG Apps (My Folder).
- Premium Content: You have immediate access to the television's premium internet content for movies, music, photos, news, and lifestyle.
- External Devices: LG Smart TV can play photos, videos and music files stored on your external devices through the network. LG Smart TV is compatible with PC, Blu-ray player, smartphone, NAS and other devices that support DLNA. It is also certified with Microsoft Windows 7 compatibility, so you can play media content from the computer running Windows 7 on the Smart TV.
AV Modes: With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of three picture modes for "Cinema," "THX Cinema", "Sports," or "Games" to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Key Lock: This feature can be used to prevent unauthorized viewing by locking out the front panel controls, so that it can only be used with the remote control.
ENERGY STAR Certified: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in Standby and On modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units.
Timers: The Plasma TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Wireless External Equipment Connection: LG TVs with a proprietary Wireless Control port support the LG Wireless Media Box (AN-WL100W, sold separately). When you connect the wireless ready dongle (included with the media box) to the TV, external devices can be connected to the LG Wireless Media Box and video and audio will be sent to the TV wirelessly.
Illuminated Remote Control: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the LG Plasma television and SIMPLINK connected components. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Magic Motion Remote: The included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 30'. The RF remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options. The RF remote contains the following buttons - Power, Home, Enter, Volume up/down, Channel up/down, and Mute.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV Device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Switch Audio-Out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with *CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
RS-232C Port (Control & Service): The RS-232C on this TV is intended to be used with third party RS-232C control hardware and software. The RS-232C port allows you connect the RS-232C input jack to an external control device (such as a computer or an A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 102.0 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 600mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 88.8 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television includes a detachable 5' AC power cord which plugs into the rear-panel of the TV. The AC cord protrudes 0.25" from the rear-panel of the television (already accounted for in overall depth of TV). The power cord is fitted with a straight AC plug that sits 2.125" from the wall.