About the LG SIGNATURE OLED65W7P Wallpaper TV
LG's amazing "wallpaper TV"
LG's amazing "wallpaper TV"
Back in January, when the big CES electronics show was in the news, it seemed like LG's 65" SIGNATURE OLED65W7P "wallpaper TV" was featured in every highlight reel. This impossibly thin and light display — a panel under 1/4" thick — produces the extraordinarily lifelike images we expect from 4K OLED. A special super-thin magnetic mount helps the TV hug your wall like, well, wallpaper.
The ultra-thin panel is possible because the TV's processing, tuners, and A/V connections are built into the accompanying Companion Box sound bar, which mounts on the wall beneath the screen. The Companion Box connects to the TV via a semi-transparent ribbon cable, for a clean, uncluttered look. More than any other TV we've seen, the '65W7P's "picture on wall" design looks like it was ripped from the pages of a science fiction novel.
What is OLED?
OLED stands for Organic Light Emitting Diode. The OLED screen material is an organic substance that glows when it's activated by an electric current. The screen's pixel layer is made of this self-illuminating carbon-based material — each pixel is its own light source which can be independently switched on and off, so there's no need for a backlight with all its limitations.
Infinite picture contrast, absolute black, and the widest viewing angles available
Each and every OLED pixel — actually every sub-pixel — can switch off completely, producing absolute black. It's this ability that gives OLED its unbeatable contrast and black levels. LG's OLED design also delivers brilliant colors. In typical TVs, each pixel is made up of three sub-pixels — red, green and blue — to create the color palette. LG's 4 Color Pixel technology adds a white sub-pixel to enhance both color range and brightness.
Actually, LG's 2017 OLED models achieve noticeably higher peak brightness than last year's models, and offer a larger color palette. The OLED65W7P vividly demonstrates the extraordinary realism of the latest 4K content, both streamed and on 4K Blu-ray. And if you often watch TV with family or friends, you'll be impressed at the way OLED images maintain exceptional contrast and color even for viewers seated off to the sides.
Enjoy a premium HDR experience with more content
Lately, TV makers have shifted their focus from building TVs with more pixels, to technologies that result in better pixels that produce more vivid, colorful, and lifelike images. The most important of these is HDR (High Dynamic Range), which expands the picture contrast range with both deeper blacks and brighter highlights. You can find HDR-enhanced streamed video content from Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video, and on virtually every 4K Blu-ray movie.
The OLED65W7P not only supports the required HDR 10 format, but also the more sophisticated Dolby Vision™ format, which is a dynamic system that is able to adjust brightness and color levels in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene basis. LG's Active HDR circuitry analyzes and optimizes HDR 10 content scene by scene, bringing it closer to what Dolby Vision achieves.
LG's webOS 3.5 — spend less time navigating and more time enjoying
The '65W7P's built-in web apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment including streamed video from services like Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu®. The colorful webOS 3.5 user interface lets you customize your home screen to access the apps you use most, and easily switch between them.
LG's motion-sensing Magic Remote is simple and fun to use. You can point, click, scroll and even speak into the remote to find exactly what you want, searching across apps, movies, TV shows and the web, all at the same time.
Unsure if your network can handle demanding tasks like 4K streaming? Check out our wireless router buying guide. If you haven't upgraded your hardware in the last few years, a new router will offer big improvements in range and speed.
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- Ultra High Definition TV with 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR 10, HLG and Dolby Vision™) for extended picture contrast and brightness with streamed and external HDR sources
- self-illuminating OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display panel produces infinite picture contrast and absolute black
- 4 Color Pixel technology adds an unfiltered white sub-pixel to the traditional red, green, and blue, for vivid colors
- 10-bit panel can display over one billion colors
- Perfect Mastering Engine and 4K Upscaler enhance standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- WebOS 3.5 with built-in web browser
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi® provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Netflix Recommended TV offers a unique feature set that makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring with Miracast™ enabled phones and tablets
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
Connections (on Companion Box sound bar):
- 4 HDMI 2.0a
- 1 3.5mm composite video jack (use supplied A/V adapter)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a fast, reliable wired network connection
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- 4.2-channel sound bar with Dolby Atmos® processing (60 watts total)
- Companion Box sound bar contains TV's video processing, tuners, and A/V connections, plus speakers and amplifiers
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- LG's surround processing can send Dolby Atmos® audio to the TV's speakers, or to an A/V receiver via HDMI/ARC, when using streaming apps like Netflix or Vudu
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control, plus a smaller basic remote
- wall-mount-only design (no-gap magnetic wall-mount bracket included; there is no pedestal stand)
- ribbon cable that connects sound bar to TV is not in-wall rated
- TV panel dimensions: 57-1/16"W x 32-7/16"H x 3/16"D
- TV panel weight: 16.7 lbs.
- Companion Box sound bar dimensions: 49-5/8"W x 3-1/16"H x 7-13/16"D
- sound bar weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # OLED65W7P
What's in the box:
- 65" OLED TV
- Companion box
- Wall-mount bracket
- 18" Primary cable
- 62" Extension cable
- Magic Remote (AN-MR700)
- Slim remote (AN-SP700)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Two CR2032 3V batteries
- Composite AV adapter
- Harness holder
- Primary holder
- Extension holder
- Seven 65mm screws
- Two 10mm screws
- 7 Anchors
- 4 Strips of two-sided tape
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 Setup Guides
- Safety Manual
- Punching Guide
LG SIGNATURE OLED65W7P Wallpaper TV reviews
This tv is so thin and when all the lights are turned off and when the tv is black, you can't see anything!! The best purchase for the price
Pros: Thin, OLED, hangs on the wall perfectly.
Cons: People are confused if it's in the wall and the price.
5 of 6 found this helpful
TV was not hard to mount on the wall. Picture and sound are great.
Pros: great product
5 of 6 found this helpful
More details on the LG SIGNATURE OLED65W7P Wallpaper TV
Features & specs
|Screen Resolution (pixels)||3840 x 2160|
|Screen Refresh Rate||120 Hz|
|Backlighting Type (for LCD TVs)||N/A for OLED TVs|
|Local Dimming (for LCD TVs)||N/A for OLED TVs|
|Quantum Dot Color (for LCD TVs)||N/A for OLED TVs|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)||HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Hulu,Vudu,Amazon|
|Bluetooth Audio Streaming||Yes|
|Picture In Picture||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home|
|Total Video Inputs||5|
|Component Video Inputs||0|
|Composite Video Inputs||1|
|3.5mm Composite A/V Inputs||0|
|Optical Digital Audio Output||
1 Rear |
|Analog Audio Output||None|
|Estimated Yearly Electricity Use (EnergyGuide)||227 kWh|
|Estimated Yearly Energy Cost (EnergyGuide)||$27|
|Dimensions & Mounting Information|
|Height with Stand (inches)||32-1/2|
|Height without Stand (inches)||32-1/2|
|Depth with Stand (inches)||0-1/4|
|Depth without Stand (inches)||0-1/4|
|Stand Width (inches)||---|
|Weight with Stand||---|
|Weight without Stand||16.7 lbs|
|Wall Bracket Included||Yes|
|Bezel Dimensions||0.125 x 0.125 x 0.125|
Picture-On-Wall Design: LG's Picture-on-Wall design allows the television to lay virtually flat so it seems to blend with the wall and disappear, only possible with the uniquely efficient technology of LG OLED TV. With TV technology, speakers and connections housed in a separate Companion Box (Hub) the television add less than 4mm to your wall. The LG Picture-on-Wall design consists of a Wallpaper TV, Companion Box (Hub), Proprietary cables, and wall-mount bracket.
- Wallpaper TV: Removing all unnecessary elements to emphasize the beauty of the screen alone, the sleek, razor-thin profile makes the TV appear to be levitating in mid-air on your wall, adding a sense of unparalleled immersion. The OLED panel is super-thin and can be mounted directly on the wall, eliminating almost any gap between the TV and your wall
- Companion Box (Hub): The Companion Box (Hub) contains all of the TV's inputs, outputs, tuner, network capabilities, plus video & audio processors. The Companion Box (Hub) is also equipped with an integrated soundbar for the TV. The Companion Box (Hub) connects to the TV via a single proprietary cable and comes with an extension cable if needed. The Companion Box (Hub) features an attached AC power cord which will need to be plugged into a AC power outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
- Proprietary Cables: The included proprietary cable and extension cable are required to make connection between the Wallpaper TV and the Companion Box (Hub). The cables may be visible depending on installation.
- Wall-Mount Bracket: The included bracket mounts the Wallpaper TV to the wall. All hardware is included for mounting the bracket to your wall. Because the Wallpaper TV is so light and thin, it simply attaches to the wall-mounted bracket using magnets.
OLED: "OLED" means organic light-emitting diode, named for the advanced material used in the TV's screen. The secret to OLED is this unique light-emitting diode structure with its electroluminescent layer, a special film made from an organic, carbon-based compound that emits its own light when hit with an electric current. A thin-film transistor (TFT) backplane switches each specific pixel on and off. This configuration enables a thinner, lighter form factor, higher resolution and big, home theater-ready screen sizes. Because OLED TVs do not require a backlight, pixels that are switched off are truly black, so OLED achieves deeper black levels and a higher contrast ratio when compared to LCD and LED-LCD TVs with conventional backlighting. OLED technology also increases energy efficiency.
- Cinematic Color & True Color Accuracy: The LG OLED TV displays Cinematic Color & True Color Accuracy with a color palette that virtually matches those seen in today's high-end digital cinemas, thanks to its 4 Color Pixel Technology. LG's 4 Color Pixel technology adds a white sub-pixel to the conventional 3 color red, green, and blue that enhances both color range and accuracy. This considerably improves the OLED pixels' ability to express the realistic colors and represents a giant step ahead of conventional flat-panel displays.
- Perfect Black Panel w/ Infinite Contrast Ratio: As the first display technology that allows self-lighting pixels to switch on and off individually, OLED offers the first "Infinite" contrast ratio. LG OLED TV's self-lighting pixels switch off completely for a Perfect Black Panel. With no light bleed, LG OLED achieves absolute black levels, for infinite contrast. Contrast ratio measures the range from the brightest whites on the screen to the darkest blacks. The deep blacks will offer a greater sense of realism and depth on all content.
- Absolute Motion Clarity: The critical response time of the LG OLED TV (its ability to refresh the image on screen) is less than .1 microseconds, drastically faster than LCD or LED-LCD televisions. As a result, you get even the fastest action to be dependably crystal clear and virtually blur-free.
Ultra HD 4K Resolution & Upscaler: The LG OLED TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution, regardless of input signal, thanks to its Perfect Mastering Engine & 4K Upscaler. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before. More benefits of Ultra-HD 4K include:
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: The LG OLED TV supports a variety of HDR technologies including HDR10, HLG HDR, and Dolby Vision. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- Active HDR (for HDR10 & HLG): Active HDR analyzes and optimizes High Dynamic Range video content scene-by-scene for an even more striking, more breathtaking HDR video experience. This process allows the TV to offer the best picture possible, even when playing HDR10 content which only contains static metadata, or HLG content which uses no metadata at all.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses not metadata, Dolby Vision adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. As a result, Dolby Vision delivers incredible brightness, color, contrast, detail, and dimensionality.
- HDR Effect: The TV's new HDR Effect feature raises image quality for SDR content to near HDR quality. With the HDR Effect feature, SDR images are processed frame-by-frame to improve brightness in specific areas, enhance contrast ratios and render more precise images.
More Video Features: The LG Picture-On-Wall OLED TV also offers the following features for better color detail, more dynamic contrast, higher brightness levels, and wider viewing angles.
- 10-Bit Panel: Thanks to its 10-bit panel, the LG UHD OLED TV is capable of displaying billions of colors with fine steps of gradation. With so many more colors to express, you'll see a picture that is more detailed and natural when compared to conventional 8-bit panels. It also offers extended brightness levels and extra wide viewing angles.
- Ultra Luminance: Ultra-HD picture quality becomes even more dynamic with an extended range of brightness, thanks to LG's Ultra Luminance technology. By enabling higher peak brightness and an enhanced contrast ratio, Ultra Luminance makes 4K & HDR images even more striking.
- NBO Polarizer: A NBO polarizer has been added to the OLED TV's existing anti-reflection film to enhance black levels and reduce reflections from ambient light.
- Wide Viewing Angle: From the front or from the side, every seat in the TV room gets a clear, vibrant picture without washed-out tones. The unique design of LG OLED TV assures that any view is a great one, not just for those in the center.
Video Inputs: The LG OLED television features HDMI 2.0a and Composite video inputs (all located on the included Companion Box). All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K).
- HDMI 2.0a: The four HDMI 2.0a inputs will accept 4K/HDR
(60/30Hz), 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI
inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or
Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The
television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (60fps). 4:2:2 (60fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) are also supported by HDMI inputs 1-2. HDMI input 3 only supports 4:2:0 (60fps). With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You must enable 4:4:4 color subsampling in the TV's on-screen menu.
- Composite Video: The composite video input will accept 480i only. The composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 6" mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Picture Settings: The LG OLED TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio
depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- Just Scan: displays the picture in the original size without cutting off the edges
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- All-Direction Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is
best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- Smart Picture: the TV will automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings based on data it receives on the genre of the program being played
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds (21ms) for fast gaming
- Photo: optimized for viewing still-images
- HDR Effect: enjoy a more dynamic, clearer image by correcting the light and dark areas of the display
- User: manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature
- Expert: the TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing; the EXPERT/ISFccc mode allows an expert to fine-tune the picture quality using a specific image
- Technicolor (requires future firmware update): users will benefit from Technicolor's renowned color science, applied to the majority of Hollywood's premium content, through Technicolor Expert Mode, which will be added in late 2017 (through a network firmware update) and is designed to deliver the most accurate colors
- Advanced Picture Control: The TV also offers more
advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green look more vivid
- Preferred Color: fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- Edge Enhancer: shows clearer and distinctive yet natural edges of the video
- Color Filter: filters a specific color spectrum in RGB Colors to fine-tune color saturation and hue accurately
- Expert Pattern: patterns used for expert adjustment
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are
available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Eye Comfort Mode: color temperature will be automatically adjusted to reduce eye strain
- Panel Settings: With Panel Settings, you can improve
image quality issues related to image sticking when the screen has been on
for a certain amount of time.
- Pixel Refresher: this improves the quality of the image displayed on the screen by removing image sticking on the display panel
- Screen Shift: this moves the screen slightly at regular intervals to prevent image sticking on the display panel
Magic Zoom: Magic Zoom enables you to magnify objects and letters anywhere on the screen without any degradation in picture quality, using the included Magic Remote.
Multi-View: The Multi-View feature lets you watch a live TV broadcast and an external HDMI input source simultaneously on the screen. Multi-View provides two smaller side-by-side images that are positioned in the middle of the screen (does not fill up the whole screen).
Integrated Soundbar: The included Companion Box (Hub) features an integrated soundbar that is capable of producing a Dolby Atmos experience thanks to its front and upward firing speakers.
Dolby Atmos Support: This LG OLED TV currently supports Dolby Atmos playback via Dolby Digital Plus through Internet streaming apps (like Netflix & Vudu), over-the-air/cable broadcast, and USB 3.0. Dolby Atmos playback delivered via Dolby TrueHD through Blu-ray & Ultra HD Blu-ray is not currently supported, but will be enabled with a software update (no ETA).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the TV's HDMI 2 input enables the television, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2ch PCM.
- LG Smart TV apps (like Netflix or Vudu) can be output as Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal (located on the Companion Box) will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the OLED TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
Note: You can choose to turn the television speakers off or leave them on with the TV's optical digital output active.
LG Sound Sync w/ Bluetooth: Thanks to the TV's LG Sound Sync and built-in Bluetooth, you can pair a single set of Bluetooth headphones or one Bluetooth speaker with the LG OLED TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. The TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level.
Note: Not compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
OLED Surround: LG's OLED Surround technology provides simulated multi-channel surround sound (including Dolby Atmos) from the TV's integrated soundbar.
Magic Sound Tuning: With the Magic Sound Tuning feature, you can detect the space where your TV is installed using your Magic Remote's microphone to optimize the audio of your TV for your environment. When the initial detection is complete, you can select your desired audio mode.
- Standard: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio in Standard mode. This mode provides a clean and natural sound.
- Bass Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on bass.
- Treble Mode: Selecting this option outputs Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio with an emphasis on treble.
- Off: This option disables the use of Magic Sound Tuning-adjusted audio. Selecting this option outputs your TV's default sound without making any adjustments to it.
Equalizer: The TV provides preset EQ modes. Choose from Smart Sound, Standard, Clear Voice III, Cinema, Sports, Music, or Game. You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
- Smart Sound: The Smart Sound setting automatically adjusts the TV to the optimal sound mode based on data it receives on the genre of the program being played.
- Clear Voice III: Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels.
Auto Volume: You can set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG OLED TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network & internet connection, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The LG OLED TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack (located on the Companion Box) for connecting the television to your home network and computer. A back cover has to be removed to access the Ethernet port.
- WiFi (wireless LAN): The LG Wallpaper TV and Companion Box (Hub) offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Smart TV Apps: LG Smart TV Apps allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network & internet connection. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more to watch immediately. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as education, entertainment, lifestyle, news, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- 4K/HDR Content: Thanks to HEVC & VP9 decoding, you can enjoy 4K/HDR content from online movie & TV show providers like Netflix, Amazon Video, Vudu, Google Play Movies/TV, FandangoNow, & YouTube.
- TV Shows & Movies: Watch your favorite TV shows and movies on Hulu Plus, Crackle, & YuppTV.
- Internet Radio & Music: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from SiriusXM & iHeartRadio.
- News, Weather, & Sports: Catch up on the news at USA Today, get weather forecasts from AccuWeather, and receive sports updates from MLB.TV.
- Games: LG Smart TV Apps contains a variety of online games. You may need to connect a compatible game-pad to the TV's USB port.
Note: 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
Channel Plus: The Channel Plus app (powered by XUMO) offers 50+ free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, TIME, People, and more). The Channel Plus app features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access. Click here for a complete list of Channel Plus app stations.
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
- Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV: Stream web videos, online movies, and lives streams to the LG OLED TV from your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 2.3.3+ device with the Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV installed ($6.99 app purchase). Browse through the web and stream any video you want on your LG Smart TV; a single tap on the discovered video link will start streaming immediately.
- Miracast: Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the LG TV. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device on your TV screen; no wireless router or access point required.
- Intel WiDi: With Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), playing content wirelessly from your Intel-based laptop or computer on the big-screen has never been easier. You'll be able to display video and watch videos that are on your laptop through the LG TV. Intel WiDi delivers rich, vibrant visuals and audio to the television without the clutter of cables. You get quick, reliable wireless connection with low latency, without the need for a wireless router.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG TV from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
- DLNA Certified: This TV is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
- USB Ports (3.0/2.0): The television features three USB (type-A) ports on the Companion Box (Hub); there is one USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports. These USB port can be used for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The USB 3.0 port even supports playback of 4K video content. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. The LG television even lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A).
Notes: Compatible audio formats include MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV/PCM, & OGG. Compatible video files include AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, Motion JPEG, MOV, WMV, & Vob. Compatible photo files include JPEG, PNG, BMP, JPS, & MPO.
CyberSecurity Assurance Program Certification: LG's webOS 3.5 Security Manager smart TV platform has been certified for its effective cybersecurity capabilities by UL, the world's foremost expert in safety and sustainability; a first in the smart TV category. UL's 2900-1 Cybersecurity Assurance Program (CAP) tested the webOS 3.5 Security Manager for malware susceptibility and vulnerabilities, software weaknesses and security controls that help protect users' private information. UL assessed the effectiveness of each webOS 3.5 security layer by subjecting the software to a variety of virtual network penetrations and vulnerability attacks. LG webOS 3.5's compliance in these categories provides the foundation for a safe and secure smart TV experience in your home.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
webOS 3.5: LG's latest webOS 3.5 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive webOS 3.5 user interface features a redesigned Launcher menu that pulls together all your content choices. webOS 3.5 serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, and what you might like to watch next, while the integrated LG App Store is ready to deliver the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive webOS 3.5 user interface.
Content Search: The LG OLED TV offers unique tools to search for TV programming, online apps, and inputs.
- Live TV w/ Program Guide: While watching TV, you can easily simply search for other channels by moving the pointer to the right side of the screen. The television's built-in program guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later.
- App Searches: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search from - All Apps, My Apps, Premium Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Games. You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Magic Link (Recommendations): The new Magic Link feature provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and gives you a live feed of what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
Quick Menu & Quick Access: The Quick Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions like Picture Mode, Sound Mode, Aspect Ratio. The Quick Access feature allows you to assign Channels, Inputs, & Apps to the remote's 1-9 numeric keypad for easier & quicker access.
Netflix Recommended TV: Netflix Recommended TV is an evaluation program recognizing TVs that offer better performance, easier app access, and new features that make for a better smart TV. When you see the Netflix Recommended TV logo, it means the TV has passed a rigorous evaluation process based on criteria that Netflix members care about the most. The TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with newest features. It offers easier and faster access to Netflix (including a dedicated button on the remote), quicker playback and start times, and allows you to resume the Netflix app from where you left it.
OLED Gallery: The OLED Gallery mode turns the TV into a digital picture frame, displaying pre-loaded artwork and even your own USB downloaded picture files (JPEG format only). You can choose one piece of artwork or begin a slide-show.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The LG OLED TV offers Close Captions and a Voice Guide for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto, Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG OLED Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Dual Remotes: The LG OLED TV comes with two RF remote controls; the Magic Remote (AN-MR700) which offers motion sensing and voice control, plus the Slim Remote (AN-SP700) for basic push-button control.
- Motion Sensing Remote w/ Microphone: LG's Magic Remote
acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. This
included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz;
32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 32.8', without direct
- Remote Controller/Mouse Pointer: The RF remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
- Voice Command Functions : The built-in microphone enables Voice Command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, and volume control. Simply press-&-hold the Search button on the remote to activate the Voice Command function. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. You can tune TV stations, browse TV shows & movies from online apps, search the web, and raise the volume up/down.
- Slim Remote: The other remote is more compact with less features. You get basic push-button controls for Power Volume, Channel, Input, Mute, & Menu Selection. The remote does not support motion sensing or voice control.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a multimedia device, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything.
- Device Control: Enables the user to control multimedia devices with the TV remote control to watch content.
- Main Power On/Off: If Auto Power Sync is set to On in the SIMPLINK settings, turning on a SIMPLINK-linked device will turn the TV on. If Auto Power Sync is set to on in the SIMPLINK settings, turning off your TV will turn off all of your SIMPLINK-linked devices.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
LG TV Plus Remote App: You can download the LG TV Plus remote app (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 6.1+) onto your compatible Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or Android smartphone/tablet in order to control the television from your mobile device, share content from your mobile device to the TV, and other convenient features.
- Remote Control: With the LG TV Plus app installed, your compatible mobile device will act as a wireless remote & mouse pointer, just like the included Magic Remote. You'll be able to change channels and adjust volume from the app on your smartphone. You can even select the television's LG Smart TV apps, as well as Content Share & Screen Share content.
- Content Sharing: You can enjoy your pictures, videos, and music on your Apple iOS or Android device through the LG TV's screen. As a bonus, Android (OS 5.0+) users can use the LG TV Plus app's Magic Mobile Connection feature to allow friends and family to share content from their Android device on the TV.
- My Starter: The My Starter feature of the LG TV Plus app lets you view current time, weather, and calendars from your Apple iOS or Android device on the TV screen when it is turned on.
Note: The LG TV and your Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same network.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG OLED TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports on the Companion Box (Hub). You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Serial Port: You can connect the 3.5mm serial port of the Companion Box (Hub) to an external control device (such as a computer or AV control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Included TV Bracket: The included bracket mounts the Wallpaper TV to the wall. All hardware is included for mounting the bracket to your wall. Because the Wallpaper TV is so light and thin, it simply attaches to the wall-mounted bracket using hangers & magnets.
Notes: The TV must be wall-mounted using the included wall-mount bracket. You cannot use a Sanus, Secura, or other 3rd party wall-mount bracket. It does not come with a pedestal stand and cannot be placed on a stand, shelf, or table top.
Tabletop Mounting The Companion Box (Hub): The Companion Box (Hub) does not wall mount. It simply can be placed on top of a stand, shelf, or other piece of AV furniture.
Power Requirements: The Companion Box (Hub) features an attached 5' AC power cord that must be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner. The Wallpaper TV receives its power from the Companion Box (Hub) through the included proprietary cables; it does not have to plugged into a separate AC wall outlet.
1 question already asked