About the LG 75UM7570PUD
Wide-open entertainment for you and a roomful of friends
Wide-open entertainment for you and a roomful of friends
The 75UM7570PUD is one of the biggest values in LG's 2019 4K TV lineup. Experience four times the detail of a 1080p HDTV, plus brightness and color capabilities beyond those of typical TVs. This 75" model is sure to be a family room favorite.
Every second, and every source will be more enjoyable
If you're wondering what there is to watch in HDR, there's plenty of content already here, with lots more on the way. Much of Amazon's and Netflix's best streamed content is available in 4K/HDR. And hundreds of movie titles are available on Ultra HD Blu-ray — the ultimate source for home theater picture quality.
And don't hesitate to watch less-than-stellar video sources on this ginormous screen, too. LG's 4K Upscaler enhances the look of every source — broadcasts, movies, sports and games.
This TV is truly a crowd-pleaser
If you frequently watch TV with friends or family, you'll want a TV with good off-axis viewing. And if you can't justify the expense of one of LG's OLED TVs — especially for a screen this large — the next best thing is LG's IPS panel technology. It keeps picture contrast and color looking crisp even for viewers seated around to the sides of the screen. The trade-off is contrast and black levels that aren't quite top-notch. That just means the 75UM7570PUD is best enjoyed with at least some room lights on.
Let this TV be the hub for all your connected devices
The 75UM7570PUD's built-in web apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment including streamed video from services like Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu. LG's ThinQ® AI intelligent voice control can process hundreds of voice commands. Just speak directly into the Magic Remote's mic to operate the TV as well as a variety of compatible smart devices. This TV is also compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa voice control assistants.
LG's Magic Remote has been my favorite TV remote for a few years now. You can point, click, scroll or speak to find exactly what you want, searching across apps, movies, TV shows and the web, all at the same time.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 74.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- TruMotion 120 blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
- High Dynamic Range (supports HDR10, HLG)
- direct-lit LED backlight
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
- 4K Upscaler upconverts standard-def and high-def video to near-4K quality
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- LG ThinQ® AI makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring with Miracast™ enabled phones and tablets
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- 4 HDMI 2.0b
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- WiSA ready and compatible with WiSA-enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers for creating a wireless 5.1-channel audio system
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- dimensions: 66-3/4"W x 41-1/4"H x 13-5/8"D with stand; 66-3/4"W x 38-1/2"H x 3-1/2"D without stand
- weight: 78 lbs. with stand; 76.2 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 60-7/16"W x 13-5/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 600mm x 400mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 75UM7570PUD
What's in the box:
- 75" LED-LCD TV
- 2 Pedestal feet
- Magic Remote (AN-MR19BA)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Six M4x30mm screws (w/ lock and flat washers attached)
- Owner's Manual
- Easy Setup Guide
- "How to Use LG ThinQ" sheet
- Magic Remote User Information
- Warranty/Registration Card
- Warranty Information
- Screen Cleaning note
- Unboxing Instructions
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
LG 75UM7570PUD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 75UM7570PUD
Features & specs
Quad-Core Processor: The hard-working quad-core processor improves images, action and color, reducing distracting video noise and motion blur, enhancing sharpness and portraying accurate colors.
Ultra HD 4K Resolution w/ Upscaler: The LG UHD TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before. More benefits of Ultra-HD 4K include -
- Greater Sense Of Depth: At 4K, distant objects in a scene can be rendered with greater clarity than at 2K, with more nuances of light and shadow and focus for a greater sense of perceived depth.
- Better Color: Because pixels are units of colored light, their greater quantity in 4K enables more layered transitions and subtler gradations of tones, so the hues we see up on screen will be truer to what we see in nature.
- Sit Even Closer: 2K HD TVs carry a recommended viewing distance of three times (3X) the TV screen height, but with a 4K display you can move in to one-and-a-half times (1.5X) screen height without exposing individual pixels. Sitting closer better fills your field of vision, assuring total immersion in whatever you're watching.
Active HDR w/ Dynamic Tone Mapping: HDR (High Dynamic Range) video reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. The TV's HDR images are dynamically processed frame-by-frame using LG's proprietary algorithm, Dynamic Tone Mapping. This process allows the TV to offer the best picture possible, even when playing HDR10 content which only contains static metadata, or HLG content which uses no metadata at all.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This TV does not support Dolby Vision.
IPS Panel: LG's IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel makes any seat the best in the house, with a clearer and more consistent image at wide viewing angles compared to conventional screens. IPS delivers authentic colors, virtually identical to the original image - even from a 60-degree angle. Witness colors as true-to-life as nature intended, vibrant across even a large screen, with the stunning clarity of 4K resolution.
Wide Color Gamut + True Color Accuracy: The LG TV supports wide color gamut, allowing the TV to display more colors. It also uses LG's proprietary True Color Accuracy technology to automatically correct color distortions for vibrant, lifelike color. The result is a picture with more natural, accurate color.
TruMotion 120Hz: The UHD TV employs LG's proprietary TruMotion 120Hz backlight scanning system to enhance the TV's 60Hz native panel refresh rate to reduce blur and yield crisper details; even during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies. You can select between 4 TruMotion modes - Off, Smooth (softens fast-moving pictures), Clear (makes fast-moving pictures clearer), or User (manually adjusts judder / blur / motion).
Video Inputs: The LG UHD television features HDMI 2.0b, component, and composite video inputs. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K).
- HDMI 2.0b: The four HDMI 2.0b inputs will accept 4K
(60/30Hz), 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI inputs
not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable
receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The television's HDMI inputs
do not accept 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (30/60fps). With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You will need to enable this feature in the menu. 4:2:2 (30/60fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) are also supported by any of the HDMI inputs, by default.
- Analog Video: The Component Video input will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video input can also be used as a composite video input that will accept 480i only.
Picture Settings: The LG UHD TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings. These picture settings can be applied to a single source input or all source inputs.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio
depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- All-Direction Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is
best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type.
- APS (Auto Power Save): this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture brightness to reduce power consumption
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds (21ms) for fast gaming
- User: manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature (these settings can be applied to an individual input or all inputs)
- Advanced Picture Control: The TV also offers more
advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Tone Mapping: suitable contrast settings based on image brightness of HDR content
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green look more vivid
- Preferred Color: fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are
available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
- Motion Eye Care: automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain
- Eye Comfort Mode: color temperature will be automatically adjusted to reduce eye strain
Built-in OTA Tuner: The LG TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
Ultra Surround + EQ: Ultra Surround (virtual surround sound) creates a more immersive entertainment experience. Hear subtle dialogue and sophisticated soundtracks through virtual audio channels. The TV also provides preset EQ modes. Choose from Smart Sound, Standard, Clear Voice III, Cinema, Sports, Music, or Game. In addition, you can adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz). Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels.
Sound Controls: Adaptive Sound Control automatically optimizes sound based on the type of content. You can also set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels. In addition, if the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video. All three of these features are only available when using the TV's internal speakers.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the TV's HDMI 2 input enables the television, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, LG Store apps, and USB ports can pass as DTS-HD, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB ports on the TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA.
Note: You can choose to turn the television speakers off or leave them on with the TV's optical digital output active.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming (LG Sound Sync): Thanks to the TV's LG Sound Sync and built-in Bluetooth 5.0, you can pair a single set of Bluetooth headphones, one Bluetooth speaker, or a pair of Bluetooth speakers with the LG UHD TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources. The TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the TV and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level. You can also wirelessly connect a Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to play audio from your Bluetooth source device through the TV's speakers.
Note: Not guaranteed to be compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
WiSA Ready: The LG NanoCell TV is WiSA Ready and compatible with WiSA enabled USB transmitters and WiSA certified speakers (all sold separately) for creating a wireless 5.1ch audio system. Thanks to WiSA technology you can create a wireless 5.1ch speaker system with low-latency (5.1 milliseconds), seamless synchronization (+/-1.0 microseconds), and high-fidelity audio (24-bit/96kHz).
Note: In addition to the LG NanoCell TV, you'll need a WiSA enabled USB transmitter and WiSA certified speakers/sub to create a wireless 5.1ch speaker setup (all sold separately).
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG UHD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the TV's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It even supports WiFi Direct, so you link wirelessly to a WiFi device without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The LG UHD TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
- Built-in WiFi: The LG TV offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG TV from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Content Store: LG Content Store allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG TV through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, sports, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- TV Shows, Movies, & Videos: The LG TV offers access
to select online services that let you enjoy your favorite TV shows, new
blockbuster movies, and other video content. Depending on the online
service, video content is available in different video formats - including
Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), Ultra High Definition (UHD
or 4K), and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Netflix: Netflix is a streaming service that allows you to watch a wide variety of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more (including Netflix Originals). Some content is available in 4K and HDR. With Netflix, you can enjoy unlimited viewing without having to watch a single commercial. Subscription and membership fees will apply.
- Amazon Video: With an Amazon Prime membership, you gain access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Amazon Video, including exclusive Prime Originals. You have the option to rent or buy from a huge selection of movies and TV shows. Many Amazon Video movies and shows are available in 4K and HDR.
- Vudu: With Vudu you can watch the latest movies & TV shows with no subscription or contract. You can rent or own from over 100,000 titles, or watch thousands of movies free with Vudu Movies On Us. You'll be able to enjoy movies and TV shows in up to 4K UHD video quality (some shows and movies are also available in HDR).
- Google Movies & TV: Google Play Movies & TV makes finding and watching movies & TV shows easier than ever. Buy or rent the newest movies and shows from the comfort of your home. You can watch select movies & TV shows in 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) quality. You can even watch some movies & TV shows in HDR with a wider range of brightness and color.
- Hulu+Live: Hulu is a leading premium streaming service that offers instant access to live and on demand channels, original series and films, and a premium library of TV and movies; starting at just $7.99 per month. Hulu offers 480p, 720p, and 1080p video quality.
- Other Video Apps: Other online video services with 4K and HDR support, include YouTube & FandangoNow. Additional standard and high definition video apps include Starz, Crackle, & YuppTV.
- Live TV Services: Stream Live TV using Channel Plus,
SlingTV or YouTube TV (subscription fees may apply).
- Channel Plus: The Channel Plus app (powered by XUMO) offers 100 free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including NBC and CBS News, PBS Digital Studios, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, and more). The Channel Plus app features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access.
- SlingTV: Sling TV is the new way to watch live television. It's an app-based TV service that lets you stream your favorite live TV channels over the internet. With Sling TV, you get to customize your channels by subscribing to the best service to match your needs (subscriptions starting at $20 per month). It is all about your TV watching experience, making it simple once again.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a TV streaming service that lets you watch live TV from 50+ major broadcast and popular cable networks, as well as record your favorite shows to cloud with no storage space limits. Enjoy local and national live sports, and must-see shows the moment they air. YouTube TV costs $40/month for 1 membership with up to 6 accounts. Memberships include your local ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC streams, ESPN, regional sports networks, and more. Add on sports and premium networks like SHOWTIME and Fox Soccer Plus for an additional monthly charge.
- Music & Radio: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from Spotify (requires premium account), iHeartRadio, and more.
- News, Weather, & Sports: Catch up on the news at USA Today, get weather forecasts from AccuWeather, and receive sports updates from MLB.TV.
- Games: The LG Content Store contains a variety of online games; you will need to connect a compatible game-pad to the TV's USB port.
Note: 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
DLNA + Plex Content Sharing: DLNA & Plex compatibility lets you stream select video, photo, and audio files stored on your computer to the LG TV over your home's WiFi network. DLNA is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and other DLNA network devices and servers. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC. Plex Media Server software is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and Mac (OSX 10.9 or newer).
Screen Sharing via Miracast: Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the LG TV. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device on your TV screen; no wireless router or access point required.
Dual USB Ports: The television features two USB (type-A) 2.0 ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television even lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
- Compatible Video Files: AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, MOV, WMV, & Vob.
- Compatible Photo Files: JPEG, PNG, & BMP
- Compatible Audio Files: MP3, WMA, FLAC, & OGG
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
Magic Remote: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. The Magic Remote automatically pairs with the TV via Bluetooth and has a wireless operating range up to 32.8'.
- Remote Controller/Mouse Pointer: The Magic Remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
- Voice Command Functions: The Magic Remote's built-in microphone enables voice command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, and volume control. Simply press-&-hold the "Mic" button on the remote to activate the Voice Command function. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. You can tune TV stations, browse TV shows & movies from online apps, search the web, and raise the volume up/down.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ w/ Voice Control: The LG TV goes a step further than basic voice control commands with the integration of AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ. AI ThinQ is able to achieve intelligent voice-activated control by employing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and LG's exclusive deep learning platform (Deep ThinQ). The LG TV with AI ThinQ can process hundreds of voice commands. You are able speak directly into the Magic Remote's mic to enjoy the ultra-convenient features of the latest advanced voice assistant technology with deep learning capability. AI ThinQ lets you use your voice to control television functions, search for content, and even manage your connected smart home devices.
- Digital Assistants: AI ThinQ will support the Google Assistant from the included Magic Remote's mic or an external Google Home device (sold separately) to not only control the TV, but also operate smart home devices, manage tasks, and find answers to your questions. In addition, AI ThinQ will support Alexa Skills & Commands from the included Magic Remote's mic or external Alexa enabled device (sold separately), so you can control the TV's primary functions from your Alexa Echo, Dot, Show, etc. (all sold separately). *Alexa built-in features through the included Magic Remote will be available via a firmware update later this year.
- TV Control: By utilizing the TV's built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG), AI ThinQ delivers real-time information and locates channels with desired content. You can even say "search for this movie's soundtrack" or "turn off the TV when this program is over" without repeating the program's title or specifying a time. You can also ask the TV to play your favorite show, search for a new movie, check information about a cast member or director, and more. Additional voice commands include - Turn Off, Volume Up/Down, Channel Selection, Switch Input, Control Playback, Content Search & Recommendations, Launch Apps, Change Settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: Beyond controls for the TV, LG's AI ThinQ uses intelligent voice control to create a hub for your smart home and IoT devices. By functioning as a smart home hub, the LG TV can access LG SmartThinQ compatible smart home products on your network - such as refrigerators, washers/dryers, robotic vacuum cleaners, air conditioners/purifiers, smart lights and outlets, as well as many other devices that connect to the TV via your home's WiFi network.
Note: The TV will need to be connected to your home's network and internet provider for the AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ feature to work.
LG TV Plus App: You can download the LG TV Plus app (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 8.0+) onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device in order to control the television from your smartphone or tablet, share content from your mobile device to the TV, and other convenient features. The LG TV and your Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Remote Control: With the LG TV Plus app installed, your compatible mobile device will act as a wireless remote control for the TV. You'll be able to change channels and adjust volume from the app on your smartphone or tablet. You can even select the television's LG Smart TV apps and switch between inputs
- Content Sharing: You can enjoy your pictures, videos, and music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device through the LG TV using the LG TV Plus app.
- My Starter: The My Starter feature of the LG TV Plus app lets you view current time, weather, and calendars from your Apple iOS or Android device on the TV screen when it is turned on.
HDMI-CEC: HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the TV via HDMI from the television's Magic Remote. HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) provides the following remote control functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a HDMI-CEC compatible device which is connected to the TV via HDMI, you can immediately watch content from the device on the TV without having to control anything else.
- Device Control: HDMI-CEC also enables you to control compatible devices connected to the television via HDMI with the TV's remote control.
- Main Power On/Off: Via HDMI-CEC, turning off the TV will turn off all of your HDMI-CEC connected devices. In addition, turning on a HDMI-CEC connected device will turn the TV on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG UHD TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
WebOS 4.0: LG's latest WebOS 4.0 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The intuitive WebOS 4.0 pulls together all your content choices and serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, what you might like to watch next, and the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games from the LG Content Store. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the television, thanks to LG's intuitive WebOS 4.0 user interface.
- Program Guide & My Channels: While watching TV, you can easily search for other channels using the Program Guide or My Channels. The television's built-in Program Guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later. You can also add channels you frequently watch to "My Channels" to easily check which programs are airing on those channels.
- Application & Content Search: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search - All Apps, My Apps, Premium Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Games. You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Recents & Recommendations: The TV remembers and display the most recent apps you've used for easier access. The TV also provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen, based on your viewing history.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and gives you a live feed of what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
- Quick Settings: The Quick Settings Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions - such as Picture Mode, Aspect Ratio, Sound Mode, Sound Out, Sleep Timer, and Network.
Closed Captions & Audio Guidance: The LG UHD TV offers Close Captions and Voice Guidance for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guidance, which describes when you change channels or inputs, adjust the volume up or down, and make changes in the menu settings.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input and application block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto, Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Pedestal Feet: The TV is shipped with two pedestal feet unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 78 lbs with the feet attached. The TV does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 600mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 76.2 lbs without the feet.
Ventilation Requirements: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Attached AC Power Cord: The television comes with an attached 5' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.
The LG 75UM7570PUD replaces these items
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10 and HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- IPS LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked