About the LG HF65LA
A projector experience that's plug-and-play easy
The HF65LA can be placed very close to the wall or screen you're projecting on. That simplifies connections to your video sources and AC power
A projector experience that's plug-and-play easy
LG's CineBeam HF65LA cleverly solves the placement and hookup issues that prevent many movie lovers from discovering the big-screen projector experience. Its Ultra Short Throw design produces a bright, vivid picture when placed incredibly close to your screen or wall. Set it less than five inches away to get a 60" image, or 15" away for a 100" image.
A crisp, accurate picture you can count on for years
Instead of a conventional high-pressure bulb, the HF65LA's light source is an RGB LED lamp rated for 30,000 hours of use. It will provide years of dependable use, and has a quick turn-on of just 10 seconds — much faster than typical projectors.
Wired and wireless connections
Two HDMI inputs are provided for your high-def video sources, and there's also a standard PC input. Use the USB inputs to connect a thumb drive or other device. You can also project your videos, photos and apps wirelessly from a compatible Android® or Windows® smartphone or tablet.
The projector's built-in speakers deliver modest sound, and there's a minijack audio output to connect to headphones or a pair of powered speakers. Bluetooth® audio streaming lets you listen wirelessly via compatible portable speakers, headphones, or sound bars.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- DLP technology with Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- ultra short throw — 100" image from 15" away from wall
- image size: 60"-100"
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3)
- LED RGB lamp (lasts up to 30,000 hours)
- light output: 1000 lumens
- 150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- manual focus
- 4-corner manual keystone correction (horizontal and vertical) allows ideal image alignment
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed HD video sources like YouTube, FandangoNOW, and ShowTime (requires internet speed of at least 10Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) provides reliable wireless streaming
- webOS 3.5 menu system ensures easy setup and use
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring with Miracast™ enabled phones and tablets
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- 2 HDMI 1.4
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- PC input
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting headphones or a home audio system
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in side-firing stereo speakers (3 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the projector's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Magic Remote with gesture control
- quiet cooling fan (21 dB in Eco mode)
- AC power adapter
- can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately, see Accessories Tab)
- 6-1/2"W x 5-3/8"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HF65LA
What's in the box:
- Short-throw projector
- AC power adapter (attached 46" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AN-MR18BA)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
- Regulatory Notice
- Product Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG HF65LA
Features & specs
|Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Approximate Lamp Life||30,000 hrs|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||1000|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-In|
|Total Video Inputs||3|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||N|
|Composite Video Inputs||N|
|USB Media Port|
Short Throw Projector: The LG CineBeam HF65LA Ultra Short Throw projector delivers vivid imagery within an exceptionally short distance of the projection surface. Set it just 5" away to get 60" of bright, vivid viewing, or go farther to get images up to 100". The HF65LA gives you a cinematic viewing experience with up to a 100" picture in clear Full HD 1080p picture quality.
- DLP HD Chipset: The LG CineBeam Series projector employs a small DLP HD chipset from Texas Instruments to produce HD video and images on nearly any surface with more brightness and greater energy efficiency than previous DLP technologies.
- LED Lamp: This projector's light source is a powerful LED lamp that enables a large, detailed image and will provide years of reliable service (up to 30,000 hours). The LG CineBeam Series projector has a brightness level up to 1,000 lumens and a 150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
Note: This projector is manufactured using high-precision technology. You may, however, see tiny black dots and/or bright colored dots (red, blue, or green) that continuously appear on the projector screen. This is a normal result of the manufacturing process and does not indicate a malfunction.
Dual HDMI Inputs: The LG CineBeam HF65LA projector is equipped with two HDMI 1.4 inputs which can be used to connect a Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, game console, or computer. Both HDMI inputs support video signals of 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p.
Note: The LG CineBeam HF65LA is not 4K or HDR compatible. The projector is not equipped with any analog video inputs.
Built-in OTA Tuner: The LG CineBeam Series projector features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Picture Settings: The LG CineBeam HF65LA provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the projector's picture settings.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- All-Direction Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Just Scan: view the video content in the aspect ratio that is in the broadcast signal or content source
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type. These settings can be applied to an individual input or all inputs.
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds (21ms) for fast gaming
- User: manually adjust the projector's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature
- Expert: the projector is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing; the EXPERT/ISFccc mode allows an expert to fine-tune the picture quality using a specific image
- Advanced Picture Control: The projector also offers more advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green look more vivid
- Preferred Color: fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Edge Enhancer: shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- Color Filter: filters a specific color spectrum in RGB Colors to fine-tune color saturation and hue accurately
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
Live Zoom: LG's Live Zoom allows you to zoom in or zoom out on a portion of a video while it's being played to make the desired section appear larger or smaller. Live Zoom is only available on the the projector's over-the-air tuner and HDMI inputs (not available for network or online content).
Built-in Speakers: The LG CineBeam HF65LA projector is equipped with a built-in 6-watt amplifier and stereo speakers for sound without the connection of external speakers.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the LG projector's HDMI 1 input enables the projector, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the projector to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the projector. ARC allows audio from the HDTV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the projector's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV tuner, HDMI inputs, LG Store apps, and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the projector and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the projector's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming (LG Sound Sync): Thanks to the projector's LG Sound Sync and built-in Bluetooth 4.2, you can pair a single set of Bluetooth headphones, one Bluetooth speaker (including a soundbar), or a pair of Bluetooth speakers with the LG CineBeam HF65LA. You are able to stream audio from any of the built-in sources or connected sources. The built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to a Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the projector and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level. You can also wirelessly connect a Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to play audio from your Bluetooth source device through the projector's speakers.
Note: Not guaranteed to be compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The projector is also equipped with an analog 3.5mm output and an optical (toslink) digital output. The analog 3.5mm output lets you connect an AV receiver, soundbar, or set of headphones. The optical (toslink) digital output provides a Dolby Digital/DTS or 2ch PCM audio signal to a connected AV receiver or soundbar speaker. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB port on the projector. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the projector via stereo RCA.
Note: You can choose to have both the built-in speakers and the analog output or the digital output active at the same time, or have the speakers turned off.
Sound Modes + Equalizer: The Smart Sound Mode automatically optimizes sound based on the type of content. You can also choose between six Preset Sound Modes - Standard, Cinema, Clear Voice III, Sports, Music, or Game. Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. In addition, you can adjust the sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz). You can even enable a Virtual Surround Mode that lets you enjoy an immersive soundscape with a virtual multichannel surround sound effect.
Auto Volume: You can set the LG projector's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the projector are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Network & USB Content
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG CineBeam HF65LA projector supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the projector's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It even supports WiFi Direct, so you link wirelessly to a WiFi device without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The LG CineBeam Series projector is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the projector to your home network and computer.
- Built-in WiFi: The projector offers built-in WiFi (802.11n) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The projector's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the projector with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for streaming video content.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG projector from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition and10 Mbps for high definition.
LG Content Store: LG Content Store allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG CineBeam HF65LA projector through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps. Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from the LG Content Store. Subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content.
- Online Entertainment Services: The LG projector offers access to select online video services; such as YouTube, FandangoNow, Starz, ShowTime, Crackle, & YuppTV). You also have access to iHeartRadio.
- Live TV Services: Stream Live TV broadcasts using Channel Plus or YouTube TV.
- Other Content: Other content includes weather app (such as AccuWeather), lifestyle apps, education apps, and gaming apps.
- Web Browser: The LG Content Store features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
Note: Online content varies by region and is subject to change without notice.
Screen Share: You'll have the ability to project your videos, photos, and apps wirelessly from compatible smartphone, tablet, desktop computer, or laptop. Wireless connectivity only supports devices running Android and Windows operating systems.
- Miracast: Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the LG projector. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device through the projector; no wireless router or access point required.
- Intel WiDi: With Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), playing content wirelessly from your Intel-based laptop or computer on the big-screen has never been easier. You'll be able to display video and watch videos that are on your laptop through the LG projector. Intel WiDi delivers rich, vibrant visuals and audio to the projector without the clutter of cables. You get quick, reliable wireless connection with low latency, without the need for a wireless router.
Content Share: The LG HF65LA projector lets you share a variety of video, photo, and audio files wirelessly from your network PC via DLNA and from an inserted USB thumbdrive or HDD. Compatible video files include AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, MOV, WMV, & Vob. Compatible photo files include JPEG, PNG, & BMP. Compatible audio fiels include MP3, WMA, FLAC, & OGG.
- DLNA Certified: This projector is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC.
- Dual USB Ports: The projector features two USB-A ports for playback of a variety of video, photo, and audio files stored on a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or HDD. It can can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. The USB ports can also be used to charge USB-enabled mobile devices (rated at 5V/0.5A). Hard disk drives will require a separate power supply.
Software Update: You can update the LG projector with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the projector's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Controls & Convenience Features
webOS: LG's webOS 3.5 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The webOS user interface pulls together all your content choices with an intuitive search engine. webOS serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, and what you might like to watch next, while the integrated LG Content Store is ready to deliver the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the projects, thanks to LG's intuitive webOS user interface.
- Live TV w/ Program Guide: While watching broadcast television, you can easily simply search for other channels by moving the pointer to the right side of the screen. The built-in program guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later.
- App Searches: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search from - All, Hot (Popular), New, Movies, TV Shows, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Games, Education, News & Info, plus My Page (Apps). You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Magic Link (Recommendations): The new Magic Link feature provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and provides you with information on what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
- Quick Menu & Quick Access: The Quick Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions like Picture Mode, Sound Mode, Aspect Ratio. The Quick Access feature allows you to assign Channels, Inputs, & Apps to the remote's 1-9 numeric keypad for easier & quicker access.
Joystick Control & Focus Ring: There is a 5-way Joystick button on the top of the unit that controls a variety of functions - including Power On/Off, Menu/Source, Volume Up/Down, and Channel Up/Down. There is also a manual Focus Ring on the top-panel of the projector.
Magic Remote: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller and mouse pointer. The Magic Remote automatically pairs with the projector via Bluetooth and has a wireless operating range up to 32.8'. The Magic Remote operates the projector as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the projector screen and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
HDMI-CEC (SIMPLINK): HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the LG CineBeam Series projector via HDMI from a single remote control. HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) provides the following remote control functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a HDMI-CEC compatible device which is connected to the projector via HDMI, you can immediately watch content from the device on the projector without having to control anything else.
- Device Control: HDMI-CEC also enables you to control compatible devices connected to the projector via HDMI with the projector's remote control.
- Main Power On/Off: Via HDMI-CEC, turning off the projector will turn off all of your HDMI-CEC connected devices. In addition, turning on a HDMI-CEC connected device will turn the projector on.
LG TV Plus App: You can download the LG TV Plus app (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 8.0+) onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device in order to control the LG CineBeam Series projector from your smartphone or tablet, share content from your mobile device to the projector, and other convenient features. The LG projector and your Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Remote Control: With the LG TV Plus app installed, your compatible mobile device will act as a wireless remote control for the projector. You'll be able to change channels and adjust volume from the app on your smartphone or tablet. You can even select the projector's LG Content Store apps and switch between inputs
- Content Sharing: You can enjoy your pictures, videos, and music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device through the projector using the LG TV Plus app.
- My Starter: The My Starter feature of the LG TV Plus app lets you view current time, weather, and calendars from your Apple iOS or Android device through the projector when it is turned on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG CineBeam Series projector supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input and application block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Timers: You can program the projector to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the projector turns on with the On Timer, the projector will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the projector off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes). In addition, it has an Auto Off function that will turn the projector off automatically if there is no input signal or operation for an an elapsed preset time.
Closed Captions & Audio Guidance: The LG CineBeam Series projector offers Close Captions and Voice Guidance for the hearing and visually impaired. The projector provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guidance, which describes when you change channels or inputs, adjust the volume up or down, and make changes in the menu settings.
Screen Size & Throw Distance: The distance between the projector and your screen (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) determines the actual size of the image. Once the image appears on the screen, use the projector's Focus Test function and the Focus Ring on top of the projector to optimize focus. Position the projector so that the lens is at a right angle to the screen. If the projector is not at a right angle, the projected image will look distorted. To correct the distortion, use the manual 4-corner Keystone Correction function. Keystone Correction provides a rectangular screen image by manually adjusting the 4-corners of the image when there is a trapezoidal screen image caused by tilting of the projector. You can also use the PJT Mode to turn the projected image upside down or flip it horizontally.
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Screen Size (inches)
Throw Distance (inches)
|Distance Below Screen (inches)|
4.1 (from front of unit to screen)
5.8 (from top of unit to bottom of screen)
6.8 (from front of unit to screen)
|7.1 (from top of unit to bottom of screen) |
10.7 (front top of mounting surface to bottom of screen)
9.4 (from front of unit to screen)
|8.3 (from top of unit to bottom of screen) |
11.9 (front top of mounting surface to bottom of screen)
12.1 (from front of unit to screen)
|9.6 (from top of unit to bottom of screen) |
13.2 (front top of mounting surface to bottom of screen)
14.8 (from front of unit to screen)
|10.8 (from top of unit to bottom of screen) |
14.4 (from top of mounting surface to bottom of screen)
Note: The projector distance may vary depending on the installation conditions.
Mounting Options: The LG CineBeam HF65LA projector can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling mounted (bracket sold separately). The short throw projector needs only to be a few inches from the viewing surface (see chart above). Make sure to place the projector in a well ventilated environment, leaving adequate open area (11.8125" or more) around the projector.
- Tabletop Mount:The LG HF65LA projector can simply be placed on a stable flat surface; such as a stand, desk, tabletop, or piece of AV furniture. It needs to be placed below the viewing surface (ratio of upward projection is 125 %). Adjustable feet allow you to adjust the angle of the projector in relation to your viewing surface.
- Ceiling Mount: The LG CineBeam projector can also be ceiling mounted using an optional bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). There are three M4 threaded inserts on the bottom of the projector to attach the optional bracket (the threaded insert will accept M4 x 8mm screws). It needs to be placed above the viewing surface (ratio of downware projection is 125 %).
AC Power Adapter: The included AC power adapter plugs into the short throw projector and an an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from 3 modes - Minimum, Medium, or Maximum. If the battery is low, the Energy Saving mode will automatically changed to Maximum.
Cooling Fan: The LG projector utilizes a built-in fan to keep it running cool. It has a fan noise level of 21dB (economic), 24dB (normal), or 30dB (high brightness).