About the LG HU80KA
An innovative, room-friendly projector
LG's laser-based HU80KA makes it easy to enjoy a big, beautiful 4K image without any hookup hassles.
An innovative, room-friendly projector
LG's CineBeam HU80KA makes the big-screen projector experience practical for folks who don't have a perfect home theater room. Its laser-powered design produces a bright, vivid picture, and you can literally have it up and running in a matter of minutes.
Most people will probably set up the HU80KA by standing it on the floor, although you can also place it horizontally if the table you rest it on is about the same height as the bottom of your screen. Moving this projector is a piece of cake thanks to the carry handle and power cord reel.
A crisp, accurate image you can count on for years
Instead of a conventional high-pressure bulb, the HU80KA's light source is a laser rated for 20,000 hours of use. It will provide years of dependable use, and has a quick turn-on of just 10 seconds — much faster than bulb-based projectors.
When placed on the floor, the mirror in the projector's hinged top lets you adjust the height of the image on the screen. But if the angle is too steep, you may see a trapezoidal shape instead of the correct rectangular image. You can use the mirror to adjust for that a bit, and the HU80KA has keystone correction, as well. We usually suggest using keystone correction only if you have to, because it reduces image detail slightly.
You can choose from several preset picture modes. The Cinema mode delivers a very accurate image right out of the box — ideal for watching movies. The Sports and Vivid modes amp up the brightness and contrast — great for viewing sports, or when you need to keep some room lights on.
Easy to hook up, wired or wireless
Two HDMI inputs are provided for your high-def video sources. HDMI 1 supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), which allows audio to be sent from the HU80KA to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector.
Use the two USB inputs to connect a thumb drive or other device. You can also project your videos, photos and apps wirelessly from a compatible Android® or Windows® smartphone or tablet.
The projector's built-in stereo speakers produce surprisingly good sound, and there's a minijack audio output to connect to headphones or a pair of powered speakers. Bluetooth® audio streaming lets you listen wirelessly via compatible portable speakers, headphones, or sound bars.
- DLP technology with 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- image size: 40"-150"
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3)
- laser light source (lasts up to 20,000 hours)
- light output: 2500 lumens
- 150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- TruMotion anti-blur technology
- 1.2X manual zoom lens
- vertical keystone correction image alignment (manual/auto)
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed video sources like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps for 4K content)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) provides reliable wireless streaming
- webOS 3.5 menu system ensures easy setup and use
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring with Miracast™ enabled phones and tablets
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting headphones or a home audio system
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 2 USB inputs (one 2.0, one 3.0) for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
- built-in side-firing stereo speakers (7 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the projector's built-in speakers and audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Magic Remote with gesture control
- quiet cooling fan (23 dB in Eco mode)
- retractable 9-1/2-ft. AC power cord
- can be placed on a tabletop, the floor, or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately, see Accessories Tab)
- 7-3/16"W x 23-15/16"H x 6-9/16"D
- weight: 14.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HU80KA
What's in the box:
- 4K laser projector (w/ retractable 9.5' AC power cord)
- Remote control (AN-MR650P)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 4 Rubber feet
- Carry handle (pre-installed)
- Plastic rear cover (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
- Regulatory Notice
- Product Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG HU80KA
Features & specs
|Resolution (pixels)||3840 x 2160|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||2500|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-In|
|Total Video Inputs||3|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||N|
|Composite Video Inputs||N|
|USB Media Port|
4K Laser Projector: The LG CineBeam Laser 4K projector delivers an incredible 8.3 million pixels (3840 x 2160), so even a video image up to 150" remains clear, crisp, and full of detail. The HU80KA 4K Ultra HD projector will deliver a stunning home theater experience with impeccable precision and detail at 4x the resolution of Full HD. Transform your wall or even your ceiling into a sprawling projection screen for an image up to 150" across (diagonally). That's more than twelve feet of picture, displayed in the vivid clarity of Ultra HD 4K resolution. At this epic scale, movies, games and photos will look and feel truly cinematic.
- DLP UHD Chipset: The LG CineBeam Series projector employs a small DLP UHD chipset from Texas Instruments to produce 4K Ultra HD video and images on nearly any surface with more brightness and greater energy efficiency than previous DLP technologies.
- Laser Lamp: This projector uses a powerful laser lamp, featuring the same technology found in the most advanced cinemas. It delivers an exceptional utra high-definition picture that is exceptionally bright at up to 2500 lumens, with rich, vivid colors and a dynamic constrat ratio of 150,000:1. This projector's light source is a powerful laser lamp that enables a big, detailed image and will provide years of reliable service with no bulbps to change (up to 20,000 hours). The hinged door can be shut over the laser lamp to protect it from dust and debris when not in use.
- This projector is manufactured using high-precision technology. You may, however, see tiny black dots and/or bright colored dots (red, blue, or green) that continuously appear on the projector screen. This is a normal result of the manufacturing process and does not indicate a malfunction.
- This product contains a laser module. To protect your eyes avoid looking directly into the bright light from the unit
Dual HDMI 2.0 Inputs: The LG CineBeam HU80KA projector is equipped with two HDMI 2.0 inputs which can be used to connect a Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, game console, or computer. Both HDMI inputs support video signals of 4K (4096 x 2160 or 384 x 2160), 1080p (1920 x 1080), 1080i (1920 x 1080), 720p (1280 x 720), and 480p (640 x 480).
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution: 4K provides 4x higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High dynamic range movies and TV shows come to life with more precise color and stunning highlights. This projector is compatible with industry-standard HDR10, supporting a wide color gamut and peak brightness that exceed the capabilities of ordinary projectors. The TV's HDR Effect feature even raises image quality for SDR content to near HDR quality. With the HDR Effect feature, SDR images are processed frame-by-frame to improve brightness in specific areas, enhance contrast ratios and render more precise images.
- HDCP 2.2 Compatible: HDCP 2.2 is supported by both the projector's HDMI 2.0inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
Note: The projector is not equipped with any analog video inputs.
Built-in OTA Tuner: The LG CineBeam Series projector features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
TruMotion: The laser projector employs LG's proprietary TruMotion technology to reduce blur and yield crisper details during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies. This technology effectively increases the projector's refresh rate to reduce motion blur and display a smoother image with less judder and improved detail. You can select between 5 TruMotion modes - Off, Smooth (softens fast-moving pictures), Clear (makes fast-moving pictures clearer), Clear Plus (makes fast-moving pictures even clearer), or User (manually adjusts judder and blur).
Picture Settings: The LG CineBeam HU80KA provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the projector's picture settings.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- Original: changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 depending upon the input video signal
- 16:9: displays an aspect ratio of 16:9
- 4:3: displays an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Vertical Zoom: adjusts the vertical dimension of the screen and aligns the screen vertically
- All-Direction Zoom: adjusts the horizontal/vertical/diagonal dimensions of the screen and aligns the screen horizontally/vertically
- Just Scan: view the video content in the aspect ratio that is in the broadcast signal or content source
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type. These settings can be applied to an individual input or all inputs.
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching movies
- Sports: provides fast response speed for sports action
- Game: provides even faster response speeds (21ms) for fast gaming
- User: manually adjust the projector's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature
- HDR Effect: enjoy a more dynamic, clearer image by correcting the light and dark areas of the display
- Expert: the projector is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing; the EXPERT/ISFccc mode allows an expert to fine-tune the picture quality using a specific image
- Advanced Picture Control: The projector also offers more advanced picture settings.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen; the picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker
- Dynamic Color: adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer; this feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green look more vivid
- Preferred Color: fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently
- Super Resolution: provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear
- Edge Enhancer: shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video
- Gamma: you can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture
- Color Gamut: maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality
- Color Filter: filters a specific color spectrum in RGB Colors to fine-tune color saturation and hue accurately
- White Balance: adjusts the overall tone of the screen as desired
- Color Management: this is a function used by experts when they adjust colors using a test pattern of six colors (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) without affecting other color areas
- Picture Options: Additional picture options are available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect
- Black Level: sets the black level of the screen to the proper level
- Noise Reduction: reduces screen noise without compromising video quality
- MPEG Noise Reduction: removes noise caused by compressing video
Live Zoom: LG's Live Zoom allows you to zoom in or zoom out on a portion of a video while it's being played to make the desired section appear larger or smaller. Live Zoom is only available on the the projector's over-the-air tuner and HDMI inputs (not available for network or online content).
Built-in Speakers: The LG CineBeam HU80KA projector is equipped with a built-in 14-watt amplifier and stereo speakers for sound without the need to connect external speakers.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the LG projector's HDMI 1 input enables the projector, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the projector to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the projector. ARC allows audio from the HDTV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the projector's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV tuner, HDMI inputs, LG Store apps, and USB ports can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected & DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the projector and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the projector's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming (LG Sound Sync): Thanks to the projector's LG Sound Sync and built-in Bluetooth 4.2, you can pair a single set of Bluetooth headphones, one Bluetooth speaker (including a soundbar), or a pair of Bluetooth speakers with the LG CineBeam HU80KA. You are able to stream audio from any of the built-in sources or connected sources. The built-in speakers and audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to a Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The Bluetooth audio output's volume is variable, so volume of your Bluetooth speaker will need to be controlled by both the projector and the Bluetooth speaker for adequate volume level. You can also wirelessly connect a Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to play audio from your Bluetooth source device through the projector's speakers.
Note: Not guaranteed to be compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The projector is also equipped with an analog 3.5mm output and an optical (toslink) digital output. The analog 3.5mm output lets you connect an AV receiver, soundbar, or set of headphones. The optical (toslink) digital output provides a Dolby Digital/DTS or 2ch PCM audio signal to a connected AV receiver or soundbar speaker. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, and USB port on the projector. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the projector via stereo RCA.
Note: You can choose to have both the built-in speakers and the analog output or the digital output active at the same time, or have the speakers turned off.
Sound Modes + Equalizer: The Smart Sound Mode automatically optimizes sound based on the type of content. You can also choose between six Preset Sound Modes - Standard, Cinema, Clear Voice III, Sports, Music, or Game. Clear Voice III automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. In addition, you can adjust the sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz). You can even enable a Virtual Surround Mode that lets you enjoy an immersive soundscape with a virtual multichannel surround sound effect.
Auto Volume: You can set the LG projector's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the projector are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Network & USB Content
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The LG CineBeam HU80KA projector supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the projector's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It even supports WiFi Direct, so you link wirelessly to a WiFi device without a router.
- Ethernet Jack: The LG CineBeam Series projector is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the projector to your home network and computer.
- Built-in WiFi: The projector offers built-in WiFi (802.11n) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The projector's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the projector with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for streaming video content.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the LG projector from your device without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: LG recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
LG Content Store: LG Content Store allows you to access a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the LG CineBeam HU80KA projector through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from the LG Content Store.
- TV Shows, Movies, & Videos: The LG projector offers access to select online services (like Netflix, Hulu, FandangoNow, YouTube, Crackle & YuppTV ) that let you enjoy your favorite TV shows, new blockbuster movies, and other video content. Depending on the online service, video content is available in different video formats - including Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), and Ultra High Definition (UHD). Some video content is even available in High Dynamic Range (HDR). You can even stream select live TV broadcasts using the Channel Plus app.
- Music & Radio: Listen to your favorite Internet Radio stations and online music from iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and Spotify (requires premium account).
- Web Browser: The LG Content Store features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better for 4K/HDR streaming.
- Online content varies by region and is subject to change without notice.
Screen Share: You'll have the ability to project your videos, photos, and apps wirelessly from compatible smartphone, tablet, desktop computer, or laptop. Wireless connectivity only supports devices running Android and Windows operating systems.
- Miracast: Miracast is a "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible Windows 8.1+ or Android 4.2+ device (with support for Miracast) to the LG projector. This allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Windows or Android device through the projector; no wireless router or access point required.
- Intel WiDi: With Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), playing content wirelessly from your Intel-based laptop or computer on the big-screen has never been easier. You'll be able to display video and watch videos that are on your laptop through the LG projector. Intel WiDi delivers rich, vibrant visuals and audio to the projector without the clutter of cables. You get quick, reliable wireless connection with low latency, without the need for a wireless router.
Content Share: The LG HU80KA projector lets you share a variety of video, photo, and audio files wirelessly from your network PC via DLNA and from an inserted USB thumbdrive or HDD. Compatible video files include AVI/Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV, MOV, WMV, & Vob. Compatible photo files include JPEG, PNG, & BMP. Compatible audio fiels include MP3, WMA, FLAC, & OGG.
- DLNA Certified: This projector is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC.
- Dual USB Ports: The projector features two USB-A ports for playback of a variety of video, photo, and audio files stored on a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or HDD. The USB 1 port is version 3.0, while the USB 2 port is version 2.0. Both USB ports can can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. The USB ports can also be used to charge USB-enabled mobile devices (rated at 5V/0.5A). Hard disk drives will require a separate power supply.
Software Update: You can update the LG projector with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the projector's network connection. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Controls & Convenience Features
webOS: LG's webOS 3.5 on-screen menu system is easy to learn and use. Initial setup is smooth and simple, while connecting to other devices and searching for content is extremely convenient. The webOS user interface pulls together all your content choices with an intuitive search engine. webOS serves up entertainment options that neatly organize your recent viewing history, what's on Live TV, and what you might like to watch next, while the integrated LG Content Store is ready to deliver the latest movies, TV shows, apps and games. Now you can spend less time navigating and more time enjoying the premium content that you and your family want, accessed right through the projects, thanks to LG's intuitive webOS user interface.
- Live TV w/ Program Guide: While watching broadcast television, you can easily simply search for other channels by moving the pointer to the right side of the screen. The built-in program guide gives you a weekly outlook of what's on TV and detailed information about each program (when applicable). You can select a current program to watch or schedule a future program to watch later.
- App Searches: You can narrow down your online content search by selecting which category you would like to search from - All, Hot (Popular), New, Movies, TV Shows, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Games, Education, News & Info, plus My Page (Apps). You can also enter a keyword search for content across multiple applications.
- Magic Link (Recommendations): The new Magic Link feature provides instant recommendations for finding your favorite content and accessing information about actors and characters on-screen.
- Input Selection: A dedicated Input button on the remote pulls up an on-screen menu of your connected devices and provides you with information on what's playing on each input as you scroll through them. Simply click on an input to go directly to that source.
- Quick Menu & Quick Access: The Quick Menu provides quicker access to commonly used functions like Picture Mode, Sound Mode, Aspect Ratio. The Quick Access feature allows you to assign Channels, Inputs, & Apps to the remote's 1-9 numeric keypad for easier & quicker access.
Joystick Control & Focus Ring: There is a 5-way Joystick button on the projector that controls a variety of functions - including Power On/Off, Menu/Source, Volume Up/Down, and Channel Up/Down. There is also a manual Focus Ring and Zoom Ring on the projector.
Magic Remote: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller and mouse pointer. The Magic Remote automatically pairs with the projector via Bluetooth and has a wireless operating range up to 32.8'. The Magic Remote operates the projector as if it were a wireless mouse pointer. It allows you to point the remote at the projector screen and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
HDMI-CEC (SIMPLINK): HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the LG CineBeam Series projector via HDMI from a single remote control. HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK) provides the following remote control functions.
- Instant Play: When you start a HDMI-CEC compatible device which is connected to the projector via HDMI, you can immediately watch content from the device on the projector without having to control anything else.
- Device Control: HDMI-CEC also enables you to control compatible devices connected to the projector via HDMI with the projector's remote control.
- Main Power On/Off: Via HDMI-CEC, turning off the projector will turn off all of your HDMI-CEC connected devices. In addition, turning on a HDMI-CEC connected device will turn the projector on.
LG TV Plus App: You can download the LG TV Plus app (for Android OS 4.2+ & Apple iOS 8.0+) onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device in order to control the LG CineBeam Series projector from your smartphone or tablet, share content from your mobile device to the projector, and other convenient features. The LG projector and your Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Remote Control: With the LG TV Plus app installed, your compatible mobile device will act as a wireless remote control for the projector. You'll be able to change channels and adjust volume from the app on your smartphone or tablet. You can even select the projector's LG Content Store apps and switch between inputs
- Content Sharing: You can enjoy your pictures, videos, and music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device through the projector using the LG TV Plus app.
- My Starter: The My Starter feature of the LG TV Plus app lets you view current time, weather, and calendars from your Apple iOS or Android device through the projector when it is turned on.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG CineBeam Series projector supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports or via Bluetooth. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input and application block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Timers: You can program the projector to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the projector turns on with the On Timer, the projector will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the projector off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes). In addition, it has an Auto Off function that will turn the projector off automatically if there is no input signal or operation for an an elapsed preset time.
Closed Captions & Audio Guidance: The LG CineBeam Series projector offers Close Captions and Voice Guidance for the hearing and visually impaired. The projector provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guidance, which describes when you change channels or inputs, adjust the volume up or down, and make changes in the menu settings.
Screen Size & Throw Distance: The distance between the projector and your screen (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) determines the actual size of the image. Once the image appears on the screen, use the projector's manual Zoom Ring and manual Focus Ring to adjust the image size and optimize the focus. The projector should be positioned so that the lens is at a right angle to the screen. If the projector is not at a right angle, the projected image will look distorted. To correct the distortion, use the Auto or Manual Keystone function. The Keystone functions provides a rectangular screen image by automatically or manually adjusting the top and bottom width when there is a trapezoidal screen image caused by tilting of the projector. You can also use the PJT Mode to turn the projected image upside down or flip it horizontally.
16:9 Aspect Ratio (1.2x Zoom)
Screen Size (inches)
Throw Distance (inches)
Note: The projector distance may vary depending on the installation conditions.
Mounting Options: The LG CineBeam HU80KA projector can be placed on a tabletop, the floor, or ceiling mounted (bracket sold separately). Make sure to place the projector in a well ventilated environment, leaving adequate open area (11.8125" or more) around the projector.
- Tabletop or Floor Mount:The LG HU80KA projector can simply be placed on a stable flat surface; such as as a piece of AV furniture, stand, shelf, or even the floor. The projector can be placed horizontally or vertically on your mounting surface. You can adjust the angle of the the projector's mirror to change the screen height, as well as choose to project the image on a wall or ceiling. Adjustable feet also allow you to adjust the angle of the projector in relation to the viewing surface.
- Ceiling Mount: The LG CineBeam 4K projector can also be ceiling mounted using an optional bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The projector can only be ceiling mounted horizontally (not vertically). There are four M4 threaded inserts on the bottom of the projector to attach the optional bracket (the threaded insert will accept M4 x 8mm screws).
Retractable AC Power Cord: The LG HU80KA features a 9.5' retractable AC power that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The projector's integrated cord reel and hand grip make it easy to take it from room to room. The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from 3 modes - Minimum, Medium, or Maximum. If the battery is low, the Energy Saving mode will automatically changed to Maximum.
Cooling Fan: The LG 4K projector utilizes a built-in fan to keep it running cool. It has a fan noise level of 23dB (economic), 24dB (normal), or 30dB (high brightness).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked