About the LG QP5 Éclair
Big sound, tiny package
Big sound, tiny package
LG's new QP5 Éclair sound bar system is ultra-compact, with an elegant form factor that fits under most TVs and looks great in the process. It's a solid pick for anyone that doesn't have a ton of space for their A/V system, or is looking for sound that can easily fill up a smaller room. The Éclair is pretty special for its size too, with support for immersive multichannel formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Very few sound bars can be this small, and deliver sound this powerful.
Spacious effects and clear dialogue
The sound bar has five built-in speakers driven by a 100-watt amplifier, including height channels for overhead effects. An elegant wireless subwoofer fills out the low-end, adding impactful bass to help you feel the action. The dialogue isn't lost in all the sound and fury though. A dedicated center channel keeps quiet moments clear and easy to follow.
HDMI makes it easy
The bar's HDMI connections allow 4K video passthrough with support for HDR (High Dynamic Range), including HDR10 and Dolby Vision®. That lets you maintain a high-contrast Ultra HD picture from your Blu-ray player or video game console through to your TV. The bar also supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), so it can receive uncompressed audio signals — including Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
Stream your favorite music
Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your phone directly to the sound bar. If you want to minimize cord clutter, you can even use the sound bar's Bluetooth to receive a stereo signal from a compatible LG TV.
If you have a collection of high-resolution music files, you can play them on this sound bar system. It handles audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz. So, if you've got quality tracks stashed on a USB drive, you can plug it right in and rock out.
Made to work together
The Éclair is designed to work seamlessly with 2021 LG TVs. You can reduce the clutter on your coffee table by controlling the sound bar with your TV remote. You can also enhance audio performance with TV Sound Mode Share, letting the bar benefit from your TV's built-in audio processing.
- ultra-compact sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 3.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- connect to compatible LG TVs with Bluetooth
- AI Sound Pro analyzes what you're watching and adjusts audio settings in real time to enhance sound quality
- pair the sound bar with compatible 2021 LG TVs
- TV Sound Mode Share lets your sound bar take advantage of the TV's sound processing
- control sound bar modes with your LG TV remote
- plays high-res audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- supports DTS Digital Surround and DTS:X
- total system power: 320 watts
- 5 built-in speakers powered by a 100-watt amplifier
- front channels driven by 40 watts
- height channels driven by 40 watts
- dedicated center channel driven by 20 watts
- designed to fit under TVs 40" or larger
- 11-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-1/16"D
- weight: 3.4 lbs.
- 220-watt amplifier
- wirelessly connects to the sound bar for flexible placement
- AC power required, cord included
- 15-1/4"W x 11-7/16"H x 7-5/16"D
- weight: 16.9 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- input is HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting copy-protected 4K video sources
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- 4K video passthrough with support for Dolby Vision and HDR10
- optical digital audio input
- USB input allows digital music to be played from a thumb drive
- plays MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, and WAV files
- includes remote control
- control the sound bar with a remote app using an Android™ smartphone or iOS® device
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QP5
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- AC power adapter (attached 47" DC cord)
- Two 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- Simple Manual
LG QP5 Éclair reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG QP5 Éclair
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||Cinema Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Subwoofer Driver||5.25" (2)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||220|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Pre-programmed|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.0|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||None|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-3/8H x 11-11/16W x 6-1/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||3.4375 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||11-7/16H x 15-1/4W x 7-5/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||16.9 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The active soundbar speaker incorporates a five driver array that includes forward facing front left, center, and front right channels; along with upward firing Dolby Atmos/DTS:X enabled height channels. Each channel consists of a 2" full-range driver. A built-in 100 watt amplifier delivers 20 watts of power to each driver. This 5 driver configuration with dedicated front, center, and height channel delivers an immersive audio experience of Dolby Atmos/DTS:X soundtracks.
- The active soundbar speaker can be positioned on a flat tabletop surface.
- The soundbar should be centered above or below your flat-panel television.
- Make sure there are no obstructions above the the top-firing Dolby Atmos enabled drivers.
Note: The active soundbar does not offer mounting brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts for wall-mounting the speaker.
Wireless Powered Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer houses two 5.25" bi-directional woofers powered by a built-in 220W (RMS) amplifier for deep, accurate bass. The two 5.25" woofers feature a bi-directional configuration with the woofers firing on opposite ends of the enclosure. This bi-directional configuration minimizes vibration and distortion at any volume for big, clear, high-quality bass so you can enjoy impactful movie and music soundtracks. You can adjust the sub output level independent from the system volume.
- Because it utilizes 5GHz wireless technology, you can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar).
- It is better to place the subwoofer near the soundbar for optimum sound quality. Turn it slightly toward the center of the room to reduce the wall reflections.
Note: Like the active soundbar speaker, the wireless powered sub requires an AC power outlet.
Meridian Hi-Res Audio: LG partnered with Meridian Technology, pioneers of High-Resolution Audio, to combine advanced signal processing and refined hardware design, creating a soundfield with greater height, width and depth. This leading audio processing technology also provides sound quality that surpasses CDs, and allows you to enjoy stunning 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution via HDMI & USB; as well as 24-bit/96kHz audio via Optical Digital.
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The LG Eclair QP5 supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
Digital Connector Audio Signal Type Audio Signal Format HDMI Bitstream
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital
DTS:X, DTS HD, High Resolution, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS
PCM 2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch Optical Bitstream Dolby Digital, DTS PCM 2ch
3.1.2ch Surround Sound: The LG Eclair QP5 is capable of delivering up to 3.1.2-channel surround for Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- The soundbar's HDMI input and output support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Your source device must also support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- The soundbar's optical (toslink) digital input only supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2ch PCM.
AI Sound Pro: AI Sound Pro integrates unique audio technologies to bring your movie and music soundtracks to life for an enjoyable and entertaining experience. AI Sound Pro consists of a Sound Field Expander for a wider soundstage, Adaptive Audio for automatic sound tuning, and TV Sound More Share to integrate seamlessly with select LG TVs.
- Sound Field Expander: AI Sound Pro lets you enjoy the same premium sound experience in a compact design. It utilizes a Sound Field Expander that stretches and widens the audio beyond the soundbar's immediate area for an immersive audio experience.
- Adaptive Audio: AI Sound Pro uses Adaptive Audio technology to automatically adjust frequency range and sound field extension, depending on which genre of content the user is watching: news, music or cinema. Adaptive audio uses an advanced algorithm to identify voices, effects, and frequencies then optimizes the sound by genre for a more immersive experience with every scene.
- TV Sound Mode Share: TV Sound Mode Share allows the soundbar to use your LG TV's processing power and AI Sound Pro to make everything you hear clearer and more consistent, even from different content sources. When connected to a compatible 2021-up LG TV, the soundbar automatically switches to the TV Sound Mode Share and utilizes the TV's advanced AI Sound Pro Tuning engine to deliver superior sound through the Eclair QP5 soundbar system.
Sound Modes: The LG Eclair QP5 soundbar speaker system has a number of preset soundfield modes to make listening to your movie, music, sports, and game soundtracks even more enjoyable. You can select Standard, Cinema, Music, Sports, or Game mode from the included remote.
- Standard: Standard mode provides optimum sound for most applications, including music.
- Cinema: Cinema mode lets you enjoy a more immersive and cinematic surround sound.
- Game: Game mode is optimized sound for gaming.
- Night: Night Mode lets you enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels; only accessible from the LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- Sound Levels: The app offers independent channel level adjustment for the soundbar's center and height channels, as well for the wireless powered sub.
- Auto Volume Leveler: Auto Volume Leveler automatically adjusts the volume level of the soundbar speaker system during loud and low passages, keeping the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements.
- DRC: The Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital and DTS sound tracks.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time (0-300ms) to match the video.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors. The LG Eclair QP5 supports the following HDR formats - HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- Dolby Vision: Dolby Vision Content has dynamic metadata that is produced during content creation, capturing the dynamic properties of each scene. This dynamic metadata is used to optimize the picture brightness curve on a frame-by-frame basis. Dolby Vision is the preferred HDR format by major Hollywood Studios
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best HDR performance.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Retain Channel): Along with standard ARC (Audio Return Channel), the LG Eclair QP5 supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel). ARC and eARC allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- eARC will support uncompressed audio formats like Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD), DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS HD Master Audio, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- ARC is limited to Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- Your TV will also need to support eARC or ARC for this feature to work. Some newer TVs will support eARC, but most TVs only support ARC.
- The ARC-enabled HDMI input on some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar system directly; and then connect the system's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
HDM 2.1 Input/eARC Output: The LG Eclair QP5 soundbar speaker system is equipped with a HDMI 2.1 input and HDMI 2.1 eARC output that support up to 4K/HDR video, 4:4:4 color sub sampling, and HDCP 2.3. The HDMI jacks also support Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel audio formats (including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X). The eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) function of the soundbar's HDMI output enables an HDMI eARC capable TV to send its audio stream to the HDMI output of the soundbar system.
- 4K Pass-Through: 4K pass-through allows the Eclair QP5 to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor. The system supports 4K@60/50Hz (4:2:0), 4K@24/25/30Hz (4:4:4). 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals.
- HDCP 2.3: The soundbar's HDMI input and output also support HDCP 2.3, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. HDCP 2.3 is supported by the soundbar system's HDMI input and output. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Sub sampling: The system's HDMI jacks support 4:4 color sub sampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as 4:2:0 color sub sampling. With 4:4:4, luminance (brightness) and Chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K performance.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the LG Eclair QP5 is equipped with a optical (toslink) digital input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and PCM (up to 2ch) audio signals.
- The optical digital input does not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
- The LG Eclair QP5 is not equipped with any analog audio inputs.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Built-In Bluetooth: The LG Eclair QP5 features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), as well as wireless TV connectivity. You can pair up to multiple devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. The system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device (including smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the LG soundbar system. In addition to the standard SBC Bluetooth codec, the system is also compatible with AAC for higher-quality playback from Apple iOS devices. Basic control (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album display will still need to be done through your Bluetooth source device (not the soundbar).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can even setup your Bluetooth-enabled TV to stream its audio wirelessly to the LG Eclair QP5 soundbar speaker system. When connected to a Bluetooth-enabled TV, the LG Eclair QP5 only decodes 2ch audio. Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats are not supported via Bluetooth. During a wireless Bluetooth connection, you can use the TV's remote or the soundbar's remote to raise and lower the volume.
Note: The Eclair QP5 does not support Bluetooth hands-free for making or answering phone calls.
USB-A 2.0 Port: The rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device for playback of select music files, including Hi-Res music files. Your USB MSC device (such as a USB thumbdrive) must be formatted in FAT 16, FAT 32, or NTFS with a maximum total of 200 folders and 2,000 files. You can control Folder/File Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat from the include IR remote. The USB port is rated at 5V/500mA and can also be used to charge small USB-enabled electronic devices. Compatible music files include -
- FLAC: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- WAV: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- MP3: up to 320kbps/48kHz
- WMA: up to 128kbps/48kHz
- OGG: up to 320kbps/32kHz
AC Power: The active soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub will both need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The active soundbar speaker comes with an external AC power adapter with an attached 57" DC cable and a detachable 39" AC power cord. The wireless powered subwoofer comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord.
- This USB port does not support playback from Apple or Android iOS devices, laptops or computers, and USB hubs or card-readers.
- The USB port does not support playback of video or photo files from any device.
Rear-Panel Controls: There are five buttons on the rear-panel of the active soundbar speaker. The buttons operate Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Bluetooth Pairing.
Remote Control: The LG Eclair QP5 soundbar speaker system comes with an IR remote control, is pre-programmed to operate with select TV remote controls, and supports HDMI-CEC.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the LG Eclair QP5 soundbar speaker system.
- TV Remote Compatible: You can reduce remote control clutter by using your TV remote to operate the LG soundbar speaker system. Eight brands of television remotes are pre-programmed and currently supported (including LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp), enabling volume adjustment on the soundbar.
- HDMI-CEC (SimpLink): Some functions of the soundbar speaker system can also be controlled by your TV's remote when the speaker system and your HDMI-CEC compatible.
LG Soundbar App: The LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you setup and control various functions of the LG Eclair QP5 soundbar and sub system from you compatible smartphone or tablet device. The LG Soundbar App requires a Bluetooth connection between your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device and the LG Eclair QP5.
Auto Functions: The LG Eclair QP5 soundbar system recognizes audio input signals from HDMI, Optical, and Bluetooth so it can automatically switch to the appropriate source input. The soundbar system will turn itself off automatically, when the system does sense and audio signal and is not used for approximately 15 minutes
1 question already asked