About the LG SL10YG
Elevate your TV sound
Elevate your TV sound
There are a growing number of options for achieving three-dimensional sound at home. LG's SL10YG supports both Atmos and DTS:X, so it's a good choice if you don't want to limit yourself to just one of these cutting-edge "object-based" surround sound formats. And it packs big, multi-speaker sound into one sound bar/sub package, so you don't need to place a bunch of speakers around your room.
At just 2-1/2 inches tall, this bar should fit easily under most TVs. But it's wide and deep enough to include dedicated left-, center-, and right-channel speakers, along with pairs of up-firing and side-firing drivers for surround effects. The remote even gives you volume control over each channel so you can dial in the sound that's right for you.
The included subwoofer is wireless so you can place it in the most convenient spot (as long as it has access to AC power). And if you want to crank that sub, the remote has you covered with independent bass level adjustment.
“Hey Google, will I need an umbrella today?”
Sure — you can ask the bar's built-in Google Assistant to play your favorite Spotify® playlist or shuffle all your Pandora® stations, but it can also help you with more than music. Plan your day with weather and traffic updates. Create a shopping list, set reminders or alarms, and control connected smart home devices like lights and thermostats — all with your voice.
Not into voice control? Not a problem.
The SL10YG has Bluetooth® and Chromecast built-in, so you can wirelessly stream your favorite audio content right from your mobile device instead.
LG collaborated with renowned hi-fi pioneers Meridian Audio to equip the SL10YG with some innovative audio enhancements. They combined advanced signal processing and hardware design to expand image height and widen the soundfield so you get much richer, fuller sound than you might have thought possible from a sound bar.
Music lovers will appreciate the SL10YG's support for high-resolution audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Plus, its high-fidelity digital-to-analog converter can upsample your lower-res music files to pull out every musical detail.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 5.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- offers heightened, three-dimensional soundstage
- Meridian Audio technologies expand image height and widen the soundfield
- plays high-res audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 24-bit upsampling improves the sound of lower-resolution music sources
- allows pass-through of 4K content
- built-in Google Assistant
- gives you voice control over music features and volume
- access weather reports, create calendar reminders, generate to-do lists, issue smart home commands, and more
- 7 built-in speakers driven by 50 watts each
- two up-firing drivers are angled to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead Atmos effects
- left, right, and center speakers
- two side-firing drivers for surround effects
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- DTS Digital Surround and DTS:X
- brackets included for wall-mounting
- 56-13/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 5-13/16"D
- weight: 16.5 lbs.
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement options
- built-in 220-watt amplifier
- AC power required, cord included
- 8-3/4"W x 15-7/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- plays MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- optional SPK8-S wireless surround speaker kit available
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- HDMI connections support 4K video, Audio Return Channel, and HDMI-CEC
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- USB port lets you play digital music files from a thumb drive
- total system power: 570 watts
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SL10YG
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AK875595321)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws
- 3 Wire-ties
- "Get Started" card
- Simple Manual
- Wall-Mount Template
- Safety Information
- Warranty Card
- LGE Open Source Software Notice
LG SL10YG reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG SL10YG
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||5.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||Movie mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||1" Dome (3)|
|Midrange||2" Cone (2)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||350|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||220|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Voice Control||Google Assistant built-in|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Pre-programmed|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 5.0|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/2H x 56-3/4W x 6D|
|Sound Bar Weight||16.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||15-7/16H x 8-3/4W x 13-9/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||16.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The active soundbar speaker incorporates a ten driver array that includes front-firing left, center, and right channels; as well as side-firing surround channels and top-firing Dolby Atmos enabled channels. The front left, center, and front right channels each consist of a 1" dome tweeter and 3"x1" oval woofer; while the surround left and right channels each consist of a 2"x1" full-range driver; and the Dolby Atmos enabled left and right channels each consist of a 2" full-range driver. All drivers are powered by a built-in 350W amplifier, delivering 50 watts of power to each channel. The active soundbar speaker can be positioned on a flat tabletop surface using the integrated feet or wall mounted using the included wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The wireless powered subwoofer houses a front-firing 6.5" woofer powered by a built-in 220W (RMS) amplifier inside a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. Because its wireless, you can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar). But, it is better to place the subwoofer near the soundbar for optimum sound quality. Turn it slightly toward the center of the room to reduce the wall reflections. The wireless powered subwoofer does require an AC outlet connection.
Meridian Technology: LG partnered with Meridian Technology, pioneers of High-Resolution Audio, to combine advanced signal processing and refined hardware design, creating a soundfield with greater height, width and depth. This leading audio processing technology also provides sound quality that surpasses CDs, and allows you to enjoy stunning 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution (for HDMI & Optical), as well as 24-bit/192kHz upsampling for other audio sources (such as network and Bluetooth).
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The LG SL10YG system supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
Digital Connector Audio Signal Type Audio Signal Format HDMI Bitstream
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital
DTS:X, DTS HD, High Resolution, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS
PCM 2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch Optical Bitstream Dolby Digital, DTS PCM 2ch
5.1.2ch Surround Sound: The LG SL10YG is capable of delivering up to 5.1.2-channel surround for Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- To enjoy Dolby Atmos or DTS:X, you should connect your Blu-ray player's or satellite/cable box's HDMI output directly to the HDMI inputs on the SL10YG, because the some TV's HDMI ARC Input jacks will not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
- The soundbar's optical (toslink) digital input only supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2ch PCM.
HDM 2.0 Inputs/ARC Output: The LG SL10YG soundbar speaker system is equipped with two HDMI 2.0 inputs and HDMI 2.0 ARC output that support up to 4K video, 4:4:4 color sub sampling, and HDCP 2.2 (does not support HDR video). The HDMI jacks also support Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel audio formats (including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X). The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function of the soundbar's HDMI output enables an HDMI ARC capable TV to send its audio stream to the HDMI output of the soundbar system.
- 4K Pass-Through: 4K pass-through allows the SL10YG to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor. The system supports 4K@60/50Hz (4:2:0), 4K@24/25/30Hz (4:4:4). 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: The soundbar's HDMI inputs and output also support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. HDCP 2.2 is supported by the soundbar system's HDMI inputs and output. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Sub sampling: The system's HDMI jacks support 4:4 color sub sampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as 4:2:0 color sub sampling. With 4:4:4, luminance (brightness) and Chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The SL10YG's HDMI ARC output connects to your TV's HDMI ARC input and allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar system. Because the ARC-enabled HDMI input of some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player and Satellite/Cable box to the LG SL10YG directly; and then connect the SL10YG's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
- Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K performance.
- The LG SL10YG does not support HDR video.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the LG SL10YG is equipped with a optical (toslink) digital input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and PCM (up to 2ch) audio signals.
- The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The LG SL10YG is not equipped with any analog audio inputs.
Sound Effects: The LG SL10YG soundbar speaker system has a number of preset surround soundfield modes to make listening to your movie or music soundtracks even more enjoyable.
- Adaptive Sound Control (ASC): Adaptive Sound Control (ASC) identifies what's playing and automatically adjusts the sound mode to create the ideal audio experience.
- Bass Blast+: Bass Blast+ reinforces the bass for a more powerful sound.
- Standard: Standard mode provides optimum sound for most applications.
- Movie: Movie mode lets you enjoy a more immersive and cinematic surround sound.
- Music: Muse mode lets you enjoy better sound from music sources.
Output Levels: The LG SL10YG provides a variety of output level adjustments for different listening applications. Some of these controls can be accessed from the remote, while others have to be accessed from the LG WiFi Speaker App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- Sound Levels (via app only): You can adjust the system's overall bass & treble; as well independent channel level for the center, subwoofer, overhead (height), and optional rear speakers.
- Auto Volume (via app only): The LG SL10YG features Auto Volume which automatically adjusts the volume level of the soundbar speaker system during loud and low passages, keeping the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements.
- DRC (via app only): The Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital and DTS sound tracks. Only accessible from the LG WiFi Speaker App for Apple iOS and Android.
- Night Mode: Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels. Only accessible from the LG WiFi Speaker App for Apple iOS and Android.
Wireless Surround Ready: The SL10YG soundbar system has been designed to integrate with LG's SPK8-S optional wireless surround speakers (sold separately), adding dedicated rear channels with wireless convenience for 5.1.4ch surround sound. The SPK8-S includes an amplifier/receiver unit and pair of speakers that link wirelessly to the LG soundbar.
Wireless Network Connectivity: The LG SL10YG offers built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11n) that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home network and access your internet provider. Via the wireless connection to your network and internet, you can enjoy select online music apps from Chromecast built-in, as well as voice control from the built-in Google Assistant. The SL10YG supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a wireless-N or better router is recommended.
Note: There is no Ethernet (RJ45) LAN jack on this unit for a hardwired connection.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 4.0+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the LG soundbar speaker system. Chromecast built-in works over WiFi and allows you to connect more than one device at a time to the soundbar, as well as control what's playing from anywhere in the house with your compatible mobile device. Chromecast Built-In streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the highest sound quality (up to 24-bit/96kHz) and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. You'll need to download the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.3+ and Android OS 4.4+) in order to setup Chromecast built-in.
- Simple-to-Use: Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast Built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the soundbar speaker system. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system.
- Supported Content: Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Tidal, Google Play Music, and more. Click here for a complete list of compatible apps. You can even wirelessly stream exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet through the soundbar system. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser to the soundbar. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files.
- Multiroom Audio: Using the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.3+ and Android OS 4.4+), you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song from a Chromecast built-in music app throughout your house at the same time. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast compatible smartphone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network. Only Chromecast built-in compatible music apps are supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The LG SL10YG features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device (including smartphone, tablet, computer, or TV) to the LG soundbar system. Basic control (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album display will still need to be done through your Bluetooth source device (not the soundbar). Only one device can be paired and connected at a time (does not support multi-device pairing). The system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
- When connected to a Bluetooth-enabled TV, the LG SL10YG only decodes 2ch audio. Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, DTS:X, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats are not supported via Bluetooth.
- The SL10YG does not support Bluetooth hands-free for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the LG system.
USB-A 2.0 Port: The rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device for playback of select music files. Your USB MSC device (such as a USB thumbdrive) must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT 32 with a maximum total of 2,000 folders and 2,000 files. Compatible music files include - MP3 (32-48kHz; 8-320kbps), AAC (8-48kHz; 8-320kbps), and OGG (32-48kHz; 64-320kbps). You can control Folder/File Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat from the include IR remote. The USB port is rated at 5V/500ma and can also be used to charge small USB-enabled electronic devices.
- This USB port does not support playback from Apple or Android iOS devices, laptops or computers, and USB hubs or card-readers.
- The USB port does not support playback of video or photo files from any device.
Built-In Google Assistant: The LG SL10YG is equipped with a built-in, two-microphone array on the soundbar and offers voice control through Google Assistant (not extra Google device required). You can use a variety of voice commands to control the SL10YG soundbar speaker system, Chromecast built-in music apps, smarthome devices, and more. The LG SL10YG must be connected to your home's wireless network and internet provider. You'll can setup the built-in Google Assistant through the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.3+ and Android OS 4.4+).
- Soundbar Controls: The built-in Google Assistant can be used to power on/off the soundbar speaker system, as well as select the source input and control volume up/down. The Google Assistant can even be used to enable sound effects and surround modes.
- TV Control: Connecting a 2019-up LG TV (with Web OS 4.5 or later) via HDMI CEC to the soundbar, allows you to control power on/off and channel up/down via the built-in Google Assistant and voice commands.
- Chromecast Built-in Controls: The built-in Google Assistant can be used to access Chromecast built-in music apps and select internet radio stations, playlists, or songs. You'll also have voice control over play, pause, & skip functions.
- Smarthome Controls: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can control compatible smarthome devices such as TV's, lights, switches, plugs, thermostats and more by simply using your voice.
- Other Controls: Ask the built-in Google Assistant to tell you the date and time, weather forecast, latest news updates, and sports scores. Or, ask it to check your calendar, set alarms, and more. This unit does not support all Google Assistant functions, such as hands-free calling.
Note: You can initiate voice control by simply saying "Hey Google" when you are using WiFi or Bluetooth as the source input. If you are using HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical, or USB as the source input, then you must press the "Google Assistant" button on the remote control or top-panel of soundbar to initiate voice control.
Remote Control: The LG SL10YG soundbar speaker system comes with an IR remote control, is pre-programmed to operate with select TV remote controls, and supports HDMI-CEC.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the LG SL10YG soundbar speaker system.
- TV Remote Compatible: You can reduce remote control clutter by using your TV remote to operate the LG soundbar speaker system. Eight brands of television remotes are pre-programmed and currently supported (including LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp), enabling volume adjustment on the soundbar.
- HDMI-CEC (SimpLink): Some functions of the soundbar speaker system can also be controlled by your TV's remote when the speaker system and your HDMI-CEC compatible TV are connected via HDMI. Controllable functions by your TV's remote control include power on/off, volume up/down, and mute.
LG WiFi Speaker App: Download the LG WiFi Speaker App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible Apple iOS and Android mobile device to unlock even more features of the LG SL10YG soundbar speaker system. Through this application, you can wirelessly stream music stored on your compatible mobile device to the soundbar speaker system, as well as configure various settings and control sound effects of the system.
Auto Functions: The SL10YG soundbar system recognizes audio input signals from HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical, Bluetooth, and the LG WiFi Speaker App so it can automatically switch to the appropriate source input. The soundbar system will turn itself off automatically, when the system does sense and audio signal and is not used for approximately 15 minutes.
1 question already asked