About the LG SN6Y
Better sound quality — the easy way
Better sound quality — the easy way
Whether you struggle to hear dialogue or you just want your action movies to sound bigger, the LG SN6Y can help. The bar combines dedicated left-, right-, and center-channel speakers with a sophisticated digital sound processing technology called DTS Virtual:X. The result is a larger soundstage than you'd expect a bar this size to produce. The system even calibrates the sound settings based on the content you're watching, so you can hear quiet dialogue and dramatic action with equal precision.
Connections are simple.
Even better? It's super-simple to get up and running. The sound bar can connect to your TV with a single cable. You can wall-mount it with the included bracket or just place it on your TV stand — it will look great either way, thanks to its streamlined design. The included subwoofer is wireless, so you can place it almost anywhere in the room. It just needs to be within about 30 feet of the sound bar and in the general vicinity of a power outlet.
How does DTS Virtual:X work?
Many sound bars simulate Dolby Atmos or DTS:X by bouncing sound off your walls and ceiling. That's not what's happening here. Instead, DTS Virtual:X almost completely relies on digital sound processing.
DTS uses what they call "spatial audio techniques" to make it seem like the sound is all around you. Incredibly sophisticated audio delays and adjustments create a larger, wider soundstage. That includes overhead atmospheric effects like leaves rustling on a tall tree or birds chirping above.
Check out Jeff Miller's article "What is DTS Virtual:X?" for more details.
Ready for an even more immersive home theater experience? Pick up LG's matching SPK8-S wireless speaker kit for full surround sound.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing
- emulates object-based surround sound like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- simulated surround and height-channel speakers create a spacious, lively soundstage
- plays high-res audio files up to 24-bit/96kHz
- AI Sound Pro uses adaptive sound control to adjust settings based on what you're watching
- left and right channels are powered by 80 watts each
- dedicated center channel speaker for clear dialogue (driven by 40 watts)
- built-in Dolby® Digital decoding
- DTS Digital Surround and DTS Virtual:X
- brackets included for wall-mounting
- 41-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 3-7/16"D
- weight: 7.6 lbs.
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement options
- built-in 220-watt amplifier
- AC power required, cord included
- 7-1/8"W x 15-7/16"H x 11-1/2"D
- weight: 11.7 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- optional SPK8-S wireless surround speaker kit available
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- supports Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- USB port lets you play digital music files from a thumb drive
- total system power: 420 watts
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SN6Y
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG SN6Y
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||---|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||---|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||---|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||---|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||---|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|