About the LG SP7Y
Boost your TV sound
Boost your TV sound
The LG SP7Y gives you an easy way to pump up your TV sound. This bar has five built-in speakers driven by a 220-watt amplifier. Front and side-firing channels deliver a wide, detailed soundstage, while the subwoofer helps you feel the action onscreen with hard-hitting bass. The dialogue isn't lost in all the sound and fury though. A dedicated center channel keeps quiet moments clear and easy to follow.
Virtual 3D audio
The SP7Y generates surprisingly big sound. DTS Virtual:X uses advanced audio processing to simulate height and surround effects. Built-in Meridian Technology further expands the soundfield, making it both wider and deeper. These combine to make the action feel like it's coming from all around you.
If you have a collection of high-resolution music files, you can play them on this sound bar system. It handles audio files up to 24-bit/96kHz. So, if you've got quality tracks stashed on a USB drive, you can plug it right in and rock out.
Made to work together
The SP7Y is designed to work seamlessly with 2021 LG TVs. You can reduce the clutter on your coffee table by controlling the sound bar with your TV remote. You can also enhance audio performance with TV Sound Mode Share, letting the bar benefit from your TV's built-in audio processing.
Connect with Bluetooth
Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your phone directly to the sound bar. If you're looking to minimize cord clutter, you can also use the sound bar's Bluetooth to receive a stereo signal from a compatible LG TV.
A wireless sub brings the bass
The included powered subwoofer is wireless, giving you additional flexibility. (As long as the sub has gets AC power, you're good to go.) You can also add LG's optional SPK8-S wireless speakers, which expand your home theater system with wraparound effects for true surround sound.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer deliver 5.1-channel sound
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing
- emulates object-based surround sound like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- simulated surround and height-channel speakers create a spacious, lively soundstage
- Meridian Technology expands, deepens, and widens the soundfield
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- connect to compatible LG TVs with Bluetooth
- AI Sound Pro analyzes what you're watching and adjusts audio settings in real time to enhance sound quality
- pair the sound bar with compatible 2021 LG TVs
- TV Sound Mode Share lets your sound bar take advantage of the TV's sound processing
- control sound bar modes with your LG TV remote
- optional SPK8-S wireless surround speaker kit available
- plays high-res audio files up to 24-bit/96kHz
- total system power: 440 watts
- 5 built-in speakers powered by a 220-watt amplifier
- front and side channels driven by 45 watts each
- dedicated center channel driven by 40 watts
- designed to fit under TVs 49" or larger
- wall-mountable (bracket included)
- 39-7/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 4-1/4"D
- weight: 7.1 lbs.
- 220-watt amplifier
- wirelessly connects to the sound bar for flexible placement
- AC power required, cord included
- 7-3/16"W x 15-1/2"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 12.8 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output (version 1.4)
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) for passing audio signals from your compatible TV
- optical digital audio input
- USB input allows digital music to be played from a thumb drive
- plays MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, and WAV files
- includes remote control
- control the sound bar with a remote app using an Android™ smartphone or iOS® device
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP7Y
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SP7Y)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (SPP5-W)
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- 39" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 2 Screws
- Wall-Mount Template
- Simple Manual
LG SP7Y reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG SP7Y
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||5.1|
|Virtual Surround||Cinema Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Midrange||Full-range cones (5)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||220|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||220|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||1080p|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Pre-programmed|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.0|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||None|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/2H x 39-7/16W x 4-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.1 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||15-1/2H x 7-3/16W x 11-15/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||12.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The 5ch active soundbar speaker features dedicated Front Left/Right, Center, and Surround Left/Right channel drivers for crystal-clear dialog, excellent stereo separation, and virtual surround sound. Each channel consists of a full-range driver with each Front and Surround channel receiving 45 watts of power and the center channel receiving 40 watts of power from a built-in 220 watt amplifier.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The included wireless powered subwoofer houses a front-firing 5" woofer powered by a built-in 220W (RMS) amplifier inside a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. Because its wireless, you can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar). The wireless powered subwoofer does require an AC power outlet connection.
DTS Virtual:X: DTS Virtual:X allows the LG SP7Y's soundbar and subwoofer to deliver an immersive home theater experience with life-like sound above, beside, and behind you. Sound appears to virtually emerge from all around you, without the need for a multi-speaker setup. You’ll recognize richer bass, notice clearer dialog, and be amazed how it transforms your TV experience into an immersive three-dimensional experience when watching movies, listening to music and playing games. Designed to perform in any room regardless of size, layout, or acoustics, DTS Virtual:X is a flexible solution for any room configuration.
Note: The LG SP7Y does not support native Dolby Atmos and DTS Virtual:X audio soundtracks.
AI Sound Pro + TV Sound Mode Share: LG AI Sound Pro is an artificial intelligence technology that optimizes your listening experience. AI Sound Pro automatically and intelligently analyzes source content in real-time to enhance sound quality. It automatically adjust sound levels (including Bass & Treble) based on the content you are watching and listening. From powerful action to dramatic dialog, you'll hear your entertainment with crystal-clear, detailed audio. When connected to a compatible 2021-up LG TV, the soundbar automatically switches to the TV Sound Mode Share and utilizes the TV's advanced AI Sound Pro Tuning engine to deliver superior sound through the SP7Y soundbar system.
Meridian Hi-Res Audio: LG partnered with Meridian Technology, pioneers of High-Resolution Audio, and employed a 24-bit/96kHz DAC (digital-to-analog converter) inside the SP7Y to produce high resolution audio that sounds closer to the real thing. Support of higher sampling rates and bit depth provide sound quality that surpasses CDs. You'll enjoy stunning 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution that is closer to the original sound.
Sound Modes: The LG SP7Y soundbar speaker system has a number of preset soundfield modes to make listening to your movie, music, sports, and game soundtracks even more enjoyable. You can select Standard, Cinema, Music, Sports, or Game mode from the included remote. Night mode must be accessed from the the LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- Standard: Standard mode provides optimum sound for most applications.
- Cinema: Cinema mode lets you enjoy a more immersive and cinematic surround sound.
- Music: Music mode lets you enjoy better sound from music sources.
- Sports: Sports mode creates a realistic sound like in a stadium.
- Game: Game mode is optimized sound for gaming.
- Night: Night mode reduces the general sound volume, but raises the volume of soft and delicate sounds. This is useful when enjoying music or a movie late at night.
Sound Enhancments: The LG SP7Y offers a variety of Sound Enhancements to improve bass, treble, vocals/dialog, and overall tuning. Clear Voice & Bass Blast+ can be accessed from the included remote control. Sound Tuning and DRC must be accessed through the the LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- Sound Tuning: You can adjust the system's overall bass & treble; as well independent channel level for the center, side (surround), subwoofer, and optional rear speakers.
- Clear Voice: Clear Voice makes vocals and dialog sound clearer; improving the quality of voice sound.
- Bass Blast+: Bass Blast+ reinforces the bass for a more powerful sound.
- DRC: The Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital and DTS sound tracks.
Wireless Surround Ready: The SP7Y soundbar system has been designed to integrate with LG's SPK8-S optional wireless surround speakers (sold separately), adding dedicated rear channels with wireless convenience for 5.1ch surround sound. The SPK8-S includes an amplifier/receiver unit and pair of speakers that link wirelessly to the LG soundbar.
Note: The LG Wireless Surround Sound Kit (SPK8-S) will require and AC power outlet connection and speaker wire connection. The kit's wireless receiver/amplifier receives its audio signal wirelessly from a compatible LG soundbar speaker. The rear surround speakers connect to the wireless receiver/amplifier using speaker wire. The wireless receiver/amplifier also requires connection to an AC power outlet.
Mounting & Placement Options: The LG SP7Y offers flexible mounting and placement options for its active soundbar speaker and wireless powered subwoofer.
- Soundbar: The active soundbar speaker can be positioned on a flat tabletop surface. The soundbar can also be wall mounted using the included wall-mount brackets (mounting screws not supplied). The soundbar should be centered above or below your flat-panel television.
- Subwoofer: Because its wireless, you can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar). But, it is better to place the subwoofer near the soundbar for optimum sound quality. Turn it slightly toward the center of the room to reduce the wall reflections.
HDM In/Out: The LG SP7Y soundbar speaker system is equipped with a HDMI 1.4 input and HDMI 1.4 ARC output that support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video. The HDMI jacks also support Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel audio formats. The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function of the soundbar's HDMI output enables an HDMI capable TV to send its audio stream to the HDMI output of the soundbar system.
- Because some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable box to the LG SK6Y directly; and then connect the SP7Y's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
- Not compatible with 4K or HDR video. Not compatible with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the LG SP7Y is equipped with a optical (toslink) digital input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and PCM (up to 2ch) audio signals.
- The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The LG SP7Y is not equipped with any analog audio inputs.
Built-In Bluetooth: The LG SP7Y features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), as well as wireless TV connectivity. You can pair up to multiple devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. The system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device (including smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the LG soundbar system. In addition to the standard SBC Bluetooth codec, the system is also compatible with AAC for higher-quality playback from Apple iOS devices. Basic control (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album display will still need to be done through your Bluetooth source device (not the soundbar).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can even setup your Bluetooth-enabled TV to stream its audio wirelessly to the LG SP7Y soundbar speaker system. When connected to a Bluetooth-enabled TV, the LG SP7Y only decodes 2ch audio. Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats are not supported via Bluetooth. During a wireless Bluetooth connection, you can use the TV's remote or the soundbar's remote to raise and lower the volume.
- The SP7Y does not support Bluetooth hands-free for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the LG system.
USB-A 2.0 Port: The rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device for playback of select music files, including Hi-Res music files. Your USB MSC device (such as a USB thumbdrive) must be formatted in FAT 16, FAT 32, or NTFS with a maximum total of 200 folders and 2,000 files. You can control Folder/File Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat from the include IR remote. The USB port is rated at 5V/500mA and can also be used to charge small USB-enabled electronic devices. Compatible music files include -
- FLAC: up to 24-bit/192kHz (will down-convert to 96kHz)
- WAV: up to 24-bit/192kHz (will down-convert to 96kHz)
- MP3: up to 320kbps/48kHz
- WMA: up to 128kbps/48kHz
- OGG: up to 500kbps/48kHz
AC Power: The LG SP7Y's active soundbar speaker and wireless powered subwoofer will require an AC power outlet connection. The active soundbar speaker includes an AC power adapter with an attached 57" DC cord and detachable 39" AC power cord. The wireless powered subwoofer comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord.
- This USB port does not support playback from Apple or Android iOS devices, laptops or computers, and USB hubs or card-readers.
- The USB port does not support playback of video or photo files from any device.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the LG SP7Y soundbar speaker system.
TV Remote Compatible: You can reduce remote control clutter by using your TV remote to operate the LG soundbar speaker system. Eight brands of television remotes are pre-programmed and currently supported (including LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp), enabling volume adjustment on the soundbar.
HDMI-CEC (SimpLink): Some functions of the soundbar speaker system can also be controlled by your TV's remote when the speaker system and your HDMI-CEC compatible TV are connected via HDMI. Controllable functions by your TV's remote control include power on/off, volume up/down, and mute.
LG Soundbar App: The LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you setup and control various functions of the LG SP7Y soundbar and sub system from you compatible smartphone or tablet device. The LG Soundbar App requires a Bluetooth connection between your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device and the LG SP7Y.
Top-Panel Controls: There are five buttons on top of the soundbar speaker. The buttons operate Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Bluetooth Pairing.
Auto Functions: The SP7Y soundbar system recognizes audio input signals from HDMI, Optical, and Bluetooth so it can automatically switch to the appropriate source input. The soundbar system will turn itself off automatically, when the system does sense and audio signal and is not used for approximately 15 minutes.