About the LG SP9YA
Powerful TV sound
Powerful TV sound
LG's SP9YA sound bar system helps bring you closer to the feeling of the cinema — without sacrificing the comforts of home. The sound bar has seven built-in speakers driven by a 300 watt of amplification. This includes up-firing and side-firing speakers, for overhead and surround effects. A powered subwoofer fills out the low-end, adding hard-hitting bass to help you feel the action. The dialogue isn't lost in all the sound and fury though. A dedicated center channel keeps quiet moments clear and easy to follow.
Immersive 3D audio
The SP9YA has surprisingly big sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X multichannel audio formats. Height and side-firing channels bounce sound off of your ceiling and walls, creating a three-dimensional soundscape. Built-in Meridian Technology further expands the soundfield, making it both wider and deeper. These combine to fill your room with sound and make it feel like the action is all around you.
Voice control with Alexa or Google
You can use the sound bar's built-in Wi-Fi to connect to an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. This lets you control the sound bar with just your voice. You can also ask your preferred voice assistant to play music, check the weather, or even snag recipes while you're cooking.
HDMI makes it easy
The bar's HDMI connections allow 4K video passthrough with support for HDR (High Dynamic Range), including HDR10 and Dolby Vision®. That lets you maintain a high-contrast Ultra HD picture from your Blu-ray player or video game console through to your TV. The bar also supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), so it can receive uncompressed audio signals — including Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
Stream your favorite music
Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your phone directly to the sound bar. You can connect the sound bar to the Apple AirPlay® 2 wireless ecosystem using an iOS® device. Android™ fan? No problem. This bar also streams content through Chromecast built-in, via a wide range of compatible apps. If you want to minimize cord clutter, you can even use the sound bar's Bluetooth to receive a stereo signal from a compatible LG TV.
If you have a collection of high-resolution music files, you can play them on this sound bar system. It handles audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz. So, if you've got quality tracks stashed on a USB drive, you can plug it right in and rock out.
Made to work together
The SP9YA is designed to work seamlessly with 2021 LG TVs. You can reduce the clutter on your coffee table by controlling the sound bar with your TV remote. You can also enhance audio performance with TV Sound Mode Share, letting the bar benefit from your TV's built-in audio processing.
The included powered subwoofer is wireless, giving you additional wiggle room for placement. As long as the sub gets AC power, you're good to go. LG also offers the optional SPK8-S wireless speakers, which expand your home theater system with wraparound effects for true surround sound.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 5.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- connect to compatible LG TVs with Bluetooth
- compatible with Apple AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad®, or Mac®
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- Meridian Technology expands, deepens, and widens the soundfield
- AI Sound Pro analyzes what you're watching and adjusts audio settings in real time to enhance sound quality
- pair the sound bar with compatible 2021 LG TVs
- TV Sound Mode Share lets your sound bar take advantage of the TV's sound processing
- control sound bar modes with your LG TV remote
- optional SPK8-S wireless surround speaker kit available
- plays high-res audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- supports DTS Digital Surround and DTS:X
- total system power: 520 watts
- 7 built-in speakers powered by a 220-watt amplifier
- front and side channels driven by 40 watts each
- height channels driven by 50 watts each
- dedicated center channel driven by 40 watts
- designed to fit under TVs 55" or larger
- wall-mountable (bracket included)
- 48-1/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 5-15/16"D
- weight: 13.9 lbs.
- 220-watt amplifier
- wirelessly connects to the sound bar for flexible placement
- AC power required, cord included
- 8-11/16"W x 15-3/8"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output (version 2.1)
- input is HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- 4K video passthrough with support for Dolby Vision and HDR10
- optical digital audio input
- USB input allows digital music to be played from a thumb drive
- plays MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, and WAV files
- includes remote control
- control the sound bar with a remote app using an Android smartphone or iOS device
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP9YA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SP9YA)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (SPP8-W)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 2 Screws
- Simple Manual
- Wall-Mount Template
LG SP9YA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG SP9YA
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||5.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||Cinema Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Midrange||Full-range drivers (4)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||300|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||220|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Pre-programmed|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 5.0|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||via Chromecast|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/4H x 48-1/16W x 5-15/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||13.9 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||15-3/8H x 8-11/16W x 12-3/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||17.2 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The active soundbar speaker incorporates a ten driver array that includes front-firing front left, center, and front right channels; along with side-firing left and right surround channels, plus left and right up-firing Dolby Atmos/DTS:X enabled channels. The front left, center, and front right channels each consist of a dome tweeter and oval woofer; while the surround and Dolby Atmos/DTS:X enabled channels each consist of a full-range driver. All drivers are powered by a built-in 300W amplifier (40W x 2ch to the front left & right channels, 40W x 1ch to the center channel, 40W x 2ch to the surround left & right channels, and 50W x 2ch to the Dolby Atmos/DTS:X enabled left & right channels).
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The wireless powered subwoofer houses a front-firing 8" woofer powered by a built-in 220W (RMS) amplifier inside a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. Because its wireless, you can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar). The wireless powered subwoofer does require an AC power outlet connection.
AI (Artificial Intelligence): The SP9YA incorporates LG's AI Room Calibration and AI Sound Pro to ensure the soundbar and subwoofer system sounds great in your room and with your source content. These artifical intelligent audio technologies optimize your listening experience everytime, regardless of room configuration and source content.
- AI Room Calibration: AI Room Calibration offers optimal sound in any environment, using spatial awareness technology to measure a rooms dimensions then customizing the soundbar's audio settings in accordance with the specific characteristics of the space. It requires the LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) and a Bluetooth connection to your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- AI Sound Pro: AI Sound Pro uses adaptive sound control to automatically adjust frequency range and sound field extension, depending on which genre of content the user is watching: news, music or cinema. When connected to a compatible 2021-up LG TV, the soundbar automatically switches to the TV Sound Mode Share and utilizes the TV's advanced AI Sound Pro Tuning engine to deliver superior sound through the SP9YA soundbar system.
Meridian Hi-Res Audio: LG partnered with Meridian Technology, pioneers of High-Resolution Audio, to combine advanced signal processing and refined hardware design, creating a soundfield with greater height, width and depth. This leading audio processing technology also provides sound quality that surpasses CDs, and allows you to enjoy stunning 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution via HDMI & USB; as well as 24-bit/96kHz audio via Optical Digital and Network WiFi.
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The LG SP9YA soundbar and sub system supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
Digital Connector Audio Signal Type Audio Signal Format HDMI Bitstream
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital
DTS:X, DTS HD, High Resolution, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS
PCM 2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch Optical Bitstream Dolby Digital, DTS PCM 2ch
5.1.2ch Surround Sound: The LG SP9YA is capable of delivering up to 5.1.2-channel surround for Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- The soundbar's HDMI input and output support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Your source device must also support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- The soundbar's optical (toslink) digital input only supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2ch PCM.
Sound Modes: The LG SP9YA soundbar speaker system has a number of preset soundfield modes to make listening to your movie, music, sports, and game soundtracks even more enjoyable. You can select Standard, Cinema, Music, Sports, or Game mode from the included remote. Night mode must be accessed from the the LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- Standard: Standard mode provides optimum sound for most applications.
- Cinema: Cinema mode lets you enjoy a more immersive and cinematic surround sound.
- Music: Music mode lets you enjoy better sound from music sources.
- Sports: Sports mode creates a realistic sound like in a stadium.
- Game: Game mode is optimized sound for gaming.
- Night: Night mode reduces the general sound volume, but raises the volume of soft and delicate sounds. This is useful when enjoying music or a movie late at night.
Sound Enhancments: The LG SP9YA offers a variety of Sound Enhancements to improve bass, treble, vocals/dialog, and overall tuning. Clear Voice & Bass Blast+ can be accessed from the included remote control. Sound Tuning and DRC must be accessed through the the LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- Sound Tuning: You can adjust the system's overall bass & treble; as well independent channel level for the center, height, surround, subwoofer, and optional rear speakers.
- Clear Voice: Clear Voice makes vocals and dialog sound clearer; improving the quality of voice sound.
- Bass Blast+: Bass Blast+ reinforces the bass for a more powerful sound.
- DRC: The Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital and DTS sound tracks
HDM 2.1 Input/eARC Output: The LG SP9YA soundbar speaker system is equipped with a HDMI 2.1 input and HDMI 2.1 eARC output that support up to 4K/HDR video, 4:4:4 color sub sampling, and HDCP 2.3. The HDMI jacks also support Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel audio formats (including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X). The eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) function of the soundbar's HDMI output enables an HDMI eARC capable TV to send its audio stream to the HDMI output of the soundbar system.
- 4K Pass-Through: 4K pass-through allows the SP9YA to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor. The system supports 4K@60/50Hz (4:2:0), 4K@24/25/30Hz (4:4:4). 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals.
- HDCP 2.3: The soundbar's HDMI input and output also support HDCP 2.3, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. HDCP 2.3 is supported by the soundbar system's HDMI input and output. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Sub sampling: The system's HDMI jacks support 4:4 color sub sampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as 4:2:0 color sub sampling. With 4:4:4, luminance (brightness) and Chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K performance.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors. The LG SP9YA supports the following HDR formats - HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- Dolby Vision: Dolby Vision Content has dynamic metadata that is produced during content creation, capturing the dynamic properties of each scene. This dynamic metadata is used to optimize the picture brightness curve on a frame-by-frame basis. Dolby Vision is the preferred HDR format by major Hollywood Studios
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best HDR performance.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Retain Channel): Along with standard ARC (Audio Return Channel), the LG SP9YA supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel). ARC and eARC allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- eARC will support uncompressed audio formats like Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD), DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS HD Master Audio, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- ARC is limited to Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- Your TV will also need to support eARC or ARC for this feature to work. Some newer TVs will support eARC, but most TVs only support ARC.
- The ARC-enabled HDMI input on some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar system directly; and then connect the system's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the LG SP9YA is equipped with a optical (toslink) digital input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and PCM (up to 2ch) audio signals.
- The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The optical digital input does not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
- The LG SP9YA is not equipped with any analog audio inputs.
Wireless Surround Ready: The SP9YA soundbar system has been designed to integrate with LG's SPK8-S optional wireless surround speakers (sold separately), adding dedicated rear channels with wireless convenience for 7.1.2ch surround sound. The SPK8-S includes an amplifier/receiver unit and pair of speakers that link wirelessly to the LG soundbar.
Note: The LG Wireless Surround Sound Kit (SPK8-S) will require and AC power outlet connection and speaker wire connection. The kit's wireless receiver/amplifier receives its audio signal wirelessly from a compatible LG soundbar speaker. The rear surround speakers connect to the wireless receiver/amplifier using speaker wire. The wireless receiver/amplifier also requires connection to an AC power outlet.
Wireless Network Connectivity: The LG SP9YA offers built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11n) that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home network and access your internet provider. Via the wireless connection to your network and internet you can enjoy internet radio and select online music apps; as well as voice control from Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Siri. The SP9YA supports WEP and WPA security; a wireless-N or better router is recommended.
Note: There is no Ethernet (RJ45) LAN jack on this unit for a hardwired connection.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the LG soundbar and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the LG soundbar system. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the LG soundbar.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 4.0+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the LG soundbar speaker system. Chromecast built-in works over WiFi and allows you to connect more than one device at a time to the soundbar, as well as control what's playing from anywhere in the house with your compatible mobile device. Chromecast Built-In streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the highest sound quality (up to 24-bit/96kHz) and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. You'll need to download the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) in order to setup Chromecast built-in.
- Simple-to-Use: Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast Built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the soundbar speaker system. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system.
- Supported Content: Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn, SiriusXM, and iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Tidal, Google Play Music, and more. Click here for a complete list of compatible apps. You can even wirelessly stream exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet through the soundbar system. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser to the soundbar. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files.
- Multiroom Audio: Using the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song from a Chromecast built-in music app throughout your house at the same time. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast compatible smartphone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network. Only Chromecast built-in compatible music apps are supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Works With Amazon Alexa: With an Amazon Echo device or other Alexa-enabled devices (sold separately), you can ask to play compatible music apps (like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, and more), check sports scores, listen to weather forecasts, hear the new and more through the LG SP9YA soundbar speaker system. You can also play music in different rooms or enjoy whole home audio with the same song across compatible Amazon Alexa devices and the LG soundbar system. You'll need to download the Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device to setup the SP9YA with your external Amazon Echo device.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the LG SP9YA soundbar from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Built-In Bluetooth: The LG SP9YA features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), as well as wireless TV connectivity. You can pair up to multiple devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. The system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device (including smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the LG soundbar system. In addition to the standard SBC Bluetooth codec, the system is also compatible with AAC for higher-quality playback from Apple iOS devices. Basic control (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album display will still need to be done through your Bluetooth source device (not the soundbar).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can even setup your Bluetooth-enabled TV to stream its audio wirelessly to the LG SP9YA soundbar speaker system. When connected to a Bluetooth-enabled TV, the LG SP9YA only decodes 2ch audio. Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats are not supported via Bluetooth. During a wireless Bluetooth connection, you can use the TV's remote or the soundbar's remote to raise and lower the volume.
- The SP9YA does not support Bluetooth hands-free for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the LG system.
USB-A 2.0 Port: The rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device for playback of select music files, including Hi-Res music files. Your USB MSC device (such as a USB thumbdrive) must be formatted in FAT 16, FAT 32, or NTFS with a maximum total of 200 folders and 2,000 files. You can control Folder/File Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat from the include IR remote. The USB port is rated at 5V/500mA and can also be used to charge small USB-enabled electronic devices. Compatible music files include -
- FLAC: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- WAV: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- MP3: up to 320kbps/48kHz
- AAC: up to 320kbps/48kHz
- OGG: up to 500kbps/48kHz
- This USB port does not support playback from Apple or Android iOS devices, laptops or computers, and USB hubs or card-readers.
- The USB port does not support playback of video or photo files from any device.
Remote Control: The LG SP9YA soundbar speaker system comes with an IR remote control, is pre-programmed to operate with select TV remote controls, and supports HDMI-CEC.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the LG SP9YA soundbar speaker system.
- TV Remote Compatible: You can reduce remote control clutter by using your TV remote to operate the LG soundbar speaker system. Eight brands of television remotes are pre-programmed and currently supported (including LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp), enabling volume adjustment on the soundbar.
- HDMI-CEC (SimpLink): Some functions of the soundbar speaker system can also be controlled by your TV's remote when the speaker system and your HDMI-CEC compatible.
Top-Panel Controls: There are seven buttons on top of the soundbar speaker. The buttons operate Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up, Volume Down, Play/Pause, as well Bluetooth Pairing and WiFi connection.
LG Soundbar App: The LG Soundbar App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you setup and control various functions of the LG SP9YA soundbar and sub system from you compatible smartphone or tablet device. The LG Soundbar App requires a Bluetooth connection between your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device and the LG SP9YA.
Auto Functions: The SP9YA soundbar system recognizes audio input signals from HDMI, Optical, Bluetooth, and WiFi so it can automatically switch to the appropriate source input. The soundbar system will turn itself off automatically, when the system does sense and audio signal and is not used for approximately 15 minutes
Mounting & Placement Options
Soundbar Mounting: The active soundbar speaker can be positioned on a flat tabletop surface. The soundbar can also be wall mounted using the included wall-mount brackets (mounting screws not supplied). The soundbar should be centered above or below your flat-panel television. Make sure there are no obstructions above the the top-firing Dolby Atmos enabled drivers.
Subwoofer Placement: Because its wireless, you can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar). But, it is better to place the subwoofer near the soundbar for optimum sound quality. Turn it slightly toward the center of the room to reduce the wall reflections.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub will both need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The active soundbar speaker comes wth an attached 5' AC power cord, while the wireless powered subwoofer comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord.
The LG SP9YA replaces these items
- three-dimensional Atmos and DTS:X sound with up-firing and side-firing drivers for immersive effects
- built-in Google Assistant, Wi-Fi®, Chromecast, and Bluetooth®
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)