About the Boom Mat 6-1/2" Speaker Baffles
Meet Buck Pomerantz
I belong to a culture of fine sights and sounds, and I like spreading the word.
I've been tinkering with electronics ever since I was a kid - starting with taking apart and putting back together televisions and radios. I always got them back together again and working. I took courses in radio and electronics as a teenager, and became a ham radio operator. I worked in my high school's stage crew, running sound, lights, and a movie projector. After college, I joined a rock 'n roll band as the soundman and learned how to lug around and operate the gear that helps make music sound good and loud.
Working in a music store in Austin, Texas, I spent a few years manufacturing, installing, repairing, and operating sound systems. Our customers were recording studios, nightclubs, and touring bands. Eventually I moved back to Charlottesville, Virginia and opened a small demo recording studio. In 2006, I finally came to my senses and got this job at Crutchfield. They actually pay me to ramble on, rant, and explain the things I love about music, electronics, and getting good sound.
Given my background, they put me to work writing about some of the most complex electronic products Crutchfield sells: car amplifiers, digital signal processors, wiring, professional sound mixers, and PA systems.
More about Buck
- Started at Crutchfield in 2006
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning about the ins and outs of our various products
- Stays up-to-date by attending vendor training sessions for new products
- Earned MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certification
- Designed and organized Crutchfield's subwoofer wiring diagrams
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of product presentations, primarily focused on car audio amplifiers and pro audio gear
- Answers the many customer questions posted in the comments on his articles
- Semi-retired soundman with decades of experience making other people sound good
- From 1999 to 2018, also worked as a sidelines video camera grip for University of Virginia football and basketball games
More from Buck Pomerantz
Boom Mat baffles protect your car's new speakers from moisture and dirt. Mounted behind the speaker, the baffle forms a mounting seal that also improves sound clarity by reducing panel vibration that could transfer to the speaker.
These baffles will protect your speakers. In many applications we recommend that you cut a hole in the bottom of the baffle, or remove the entire bottom of the baffle, to maintain good bass response while still protecting your speaker from dirt and water damage. Call one of our Advisors if you have questions — they'll be happy to share their expertise with you.
Priced per pair
- waterproof speaker baffles for 6-1/2" car speakers
- maximum speaker mounting depth: 2-1/2"
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 050331
What's in the box:
- Two acoustic foam slim baffles for 6.5" speakers
Protect your investment- these are great I also used them with the dynamite- the sound is great
steve from Ocean
How are the baffles fastened to the back of the spaeakers?
i just dropped mine in
Boom Mat 6-1/2" Speaker Baffles reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Boom Mat 6-1/2" Speaker Baffles
Overview: These acoustic baffles are designed to be placed behind car speakers to protect the speaker from moisture and dirt which can damage speaker components. Along with providing a sealed chamber, they also form a mounting seal between the speaker and the mounting surface to eliminate panel to frame resonance. Baffles will improve door acoustics by reducing road noise and vibrations transferred to the back of the speaker cone. The baffles are pliable and can be compressed to fit most applications.
- Speaker Size: 6.5"
- Minimum Cutout: 6" x 5.9375"
- Maximum Depth: 2.8125"
- Thickness: 0.25"
- Flange Size: 6.875" x 6.875"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked