About the Sonos One SL 2-pack
Twice the convenience
Twice the convenience
This Sonos One SL two-pack is a great way to start — or expand — a Sonos wireless multi-room audio system. Place them in different rooms to stream music to two locations. Or pair them wirelessly in the same room for spacious two-channel stereo music. You can also use Sonos One SL speakers as wireless rear-channel speakers with a Sonos sound bar and Sub, creating an immersive 5.1 home theater sound system.
You can stream from Spotify® Premium, Apple Music®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM, and internet radio stations. Enjoy songs stored on your home computer or portable device.
The Sonos app gives you easy wireless control
Download the free Sonos control app to your smartphone or tablet. Now your device can control not only your Sonos One SL speakers, but any and all other Sonos devices in your home. Have all your Sonos speakers play the same song, or have each one play something different — simultaneously.
Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
Compatible with Apple AirPlay 2
The Sonos One SL speakers have Apple AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an Apple device, you can use it to fine-tune the Sonos One SL speakers with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings, and then it adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
- bundle includes two Sonos One SL
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- each contains two built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
Sonos control app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play™
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays internet radio stations and podcasts through TuneIn
- plays music and podcasts directly from Android™ and iOS mobile devices
- configure both Sonos One SL speakers together for stereo playback
- can also be used as wireless surround sound speakers in a 5.1-channel setup with a Sonos sound bar
- top-mounted touch-sensitive controls for volume, play, pause, and track skip
- Ethernet port for connection to a wireless router
- requires AC power
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 4.08 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains 2 individually boxed Sonos One SL speakers
- each containing the following:
- Network powered speaker (white)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Quickstart Guide
- Important Product Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos One SL 2-pack
2-Pack Overview: The Sonos One SL 2-Pack includes two Sonos One SL wireless speakers that can either be used independently or paired together for stereo sound in the same room. They can even be used as rear speakers in conjunction with a Sonos soundbar and subwoofer (both sold separately) for a 5.1 home theater system.
Custom Built Drivers + Class D Amplifiers: Built on the same blueprints of the Play:1, each Sonos One SL is backed by a pair of Class-D amplifiers and custom-built drivers, meticulously tuned to the speaker's unique acoustic architecture. A single 1" tweeter creates a crisp and clear high-frequency response, while one 3.5" mid-woofer ensures you'll hear the faithful playback of midrange vocal frequencies plus deep, rich midbass. The Sonos One SLs can provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home. Adjustable bass & treble controls within the Sonos Controller app let you customize your sound by individual room or groups of rooms.
Sonos Wireless Multiroom Audio: The One SLs are part of the Sonos wireless multiroom audio eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with a single Sonos product and add more Sonos products over time - including speakers, soundbars, players, and amplifiers (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms of your home. Up to 32 Sonos devices can be connected in one system.
Stereo or Multichannel System Compatible: You can configure the two Sonos One SL speakers in a stereo pair - one speaker acts as a dedicated left, while the other speaker acts as a dedicated right. They can also be used to create a wireless 5.1ch surround sound experience with Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam and Sub 1. Now you don't have to run wires to a powered sub or rear speakers to enjoy true 5.1ch audio.
Note: The Sonos One SLs can also be used in a stereo or multichannel application with the Sonos One (1st or 2nd Gen). It does not support the Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5.
Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS): The layout of a room, and where a speaker is placed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes each Sonos One SL speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it. The Sonos One SL speakers already sounds fantastic, but Trueplay brings you even closer to how music should sound. Completing Trueplay tuning for a room takes approximately 3 minutes from start to finish.
- Compatibility: Trueplay is compatible with the Sonos One SL, Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5. In order to perform Trueplay tuning, the Sonos app for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 7 or higher is required. This includes iPhone 4s and higher, iPad 2 and higher, as well as iPod touch 5th generation and higher. Trueplay tuning is not available if the "VoiceOver" feature is enabled on your Apple iOS device. Trueplay is currently not compatible with Android.
- 1Ch/1.1ch & 2Ch/2.1Ch Tuning: Trueplay can be used with a single speaker setup, two speakers configured as a stereo pair, or either of these configurations with the Sonos Sub added.
Note: You will need to retune the Sonos speaker using TruePlay, if you move the speakers within the same room or to another room, change the orientation of speaker (horizontal vs. vertical), or change the configuration of the speaker setup (going from a single speaker to a stereo pair for example).
Two Ways to Connect Wirelessly: Sonos brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project through SonosNet or WiFi.
- SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network: Sonos can utilize its own SonosNet proprietary wireless mesh network technology to provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensure synchronous music playback, and avoid sources of wireless interference. The transmitting range of the Sonos wireless system is approximately 100', depending upon your home's layout. In addition to the One, you will need a Sonos Boost (sold separately) connected to your network router/modem via a Ethernet cable.
- WiFi Wireless Network: Sonos can also operate over your home's existing WiFi network (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz). Because you are connecting wirelessly to your home's existing WiFi network, you do not need to hardwire a Sonos Boost to your router/modem. The Sonos system's wireless range will be dependent on your home's existing WiFi network.
- You cannot connect the Sonos system via both the SonosNet proprietary mesh network and WiFi; you will need to choose one. Sonos recommends using its proprietary SonosNet wireless mesh network over WiFi when applicable.
- The Sonos proprietary mesh network will provide a more secure wireless connection with fewer interruptions for optimum performance. WiFi is subject to greater interference from other WiFi and 2.4GHz devices on your network.
- WiFi connectivity is not compatible with 5GHz (you will have to use the Sonos wireless mesh network in this case).
Ethernet Port (10/100 Mbps): In addition to built-in WiFi, both Sonos One SLs are equipped with one Ethernet port (10/100 Mbps). Use it to wire directly to your router to operate Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you're using a SonosNET Boost setup.
Sonos Controller App: Sonos allows you to control playback functions, search features, and multiroom audio distribution through the Sonos Controller app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) or the Sonos Controller software (for Windows PC (7-up) and Mac OS X 10.10-up) - letting you control the entire Sonos eco-system from your compatible smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. The new navigation bar (My Sonos, Rooms, Browse, Search and More) at the bottom of the app makes finding what you're looking for effortless and moving between music quicker than ever.
- My Sonos: Organize your music with the My Sonos tab. It's the simplest way to combine and access all the music you love. Bringing together in one simple screen all your favorite songs, playlists, albums, podcasts and radio stations from across your different music services.
- Now Playing: The Now Playing screen features album art and basic playback controls. For a deeper look into the music you're listening to, the "Info View" screen gives you artist bios, album reviews and concert listings. See related artist suggestions to discover a new band for your queue. You can also add to your playlists, delete songs from your library, and share tracks to Twitter or Facebook.
- Rooms: You can choose to play different songs in different rooms, choose to group all rooms together to hear the same music throughout your home, or choose to group only certain rooms together for music playback. You can also crank up the volume for each room individually or together.
- Browse & Search: Browse your music services, favorites, internet radio, personal music library and playlists. You can browse your music content by Album, Artist, Song, or Playlist. You can even search across all of your music services and files simultaneously, so you can find the music you love instantly.
- More: Provides personalized & custom settings for your Sonos system. Adjust and audio settings like bass, treble, balance, and loudness for each room location.
- The Sonos device, Apple iOS/Android device, Windows PC, and/or Mac computer must be connected to the same wireless network.
- The Sonos Controller app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is required for system setup. Initial setup is not possible through the Sonos Controller software (for Windows PC (7-up) and Mac OS X 10.10-up).
Music Services & Libraries: Sonos gives you access to popular online music services and internet radio stations, and well as music libraries stored on your computer or NAS drive.
- Online Music Services: Sonos works seamlessly with Apple Music, Amazon Music (including HD), TIDAL, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, Deezer, SoundCloud, and more; plus downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.) Click here for the latest online music services (some online services require a paid subscription).
- Music Libraries: Sonos supports playback of music from any computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device on your home network where you have shared music folders. Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats. Sonos indexes your music folders so you can view your music collection by categories (such as artists, albums, composers, genres, or tracks). Sonos supports the following audio file formats - MP3 (compressed), WMA (compressed), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless), WAV (uncompressed), and AIFF (uncompressed).
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on select Sonos components and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the Sonos unit. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Sonos product.
- Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices From Sonos: Sonos One (Gen 1/Gen 2), Play:5, Amp, Port, Playbase, and Beam all support AirPlay 2.
- Non-Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices from Sonos: Even though the Sonos Play:1, Play:3, Playbar, Connect, Connect:Amp, and ZonePlayer are not AirPlay 2 compatible, you can still group these Sonos devices with an AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos product (listed above) to unlock AirPlay for your entire system.
Optional Voice Control: You can control your Sonos system through any Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (including the Sonos One, Amazon Echo, and Google Home - all sold separately). Specific control functions will vary by digital voice assistant.
- Amazon Alexa: You can ask Alexa to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Apple Music, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, & Spotify). Using the Alexa app, you can group your Sonos products and your Alexa-enabled devices together. This makes it easier for Alexa to control your Sonos products based on which room or area they are in. You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services.
- Google Assistant: You can ask Google to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Google Play, Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio). You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services.
- You can only configure your Sonos system to work with one digital voice assistant; choose either Alexa or Google Assistant (you cannot use both). You will need to search and enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa or Google Home app on your mobile device or computer. Your Sonos equipment and Amazon Alexa-enabled devices must be on the same wireless network.
- Sonos and Alexa or Google Assistant work together using a single Amazon or Google account. If you have a second Sonos system in another location, you'll need to use a second Amazon or Google account if you'd like to use Alexa. An Amazon or Google account can only be in use on one Sonos system at a time.
- Click here for more information regarding Amazon Alexa on Sonos. Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant on Sonos.
Top-Panel Capacitive Touch Controls: The Sonos One SLs feature top-panel capacitive touch controls. Simply tap the top-panel controls to play/pause your music and turn the volume up or down, and swipe the top-panel controls to skip to the next or previous song.
Mounting Options: You can place each Sonos One SL wherever you find the sound most enjoyable. Their compact size makes it easy to place a One SL on your desk, the kitchen counter, or on your nightstand. Integrated rubber feet protect your furniture and keep the Sonos One SL secure. The One SL is even designed to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. However, the One SL is not waterproof or water resistant.
Notes: There are no integrated keyholes slots, threaded inserts, or bracket on back of the speaker to wall-mount the Sonos One SL. However, you can use optional wall-mount brackets (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) which are specifically designed to wall mount the Sonos One SL.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Sonos One SL speakers operate on standard household current using the supplied detachable 6.5' AC power cords. The Sonos One SLs are not battery powered.
Home Network Requirements: To access Internet music services, Internet radio, and any digital music stored on your computer or Network-Attached Storage (NAS) device, your home network must meet the following requirements:
- High-speed DSL/Cable modem, or fiber-to-the-home broadband connection for proper playback of Internet-based music services. If your Internet service provider only offers Satellite Internet access, you may experience playback issues due to fluctuation in download rates.
- If your modem is not a modem/router combination and you want to take advantage of Sonos' automatic online updates, or stream music from an Internet-based music service, you must install a wireless router in your home network. If you don't have a wireless router, you will need to purchase and install one before setting up your system.
- The Sonos Controller app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is required for system setup. Initial setup is not possible through the Sonos Controller software (for Windows PC (7-up) and Mac OS X 10.10-up)
- Connect at least one Sonos component to your home network router using an Ethernet cable, and then you can add other Sonos components wirelessly. Or setup your Sonos component wirelessly via WiFi without any hardwire connection.
- For best results, you should connect the computer or NAS drive that contains your personal music library collection to your home network router using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure all of your Sonos components have the latest software update installed.
Note: Although Sonos is compatible with most networking equipment, some network devices are incompatible. Usually when networking hardware does not work with Sonos, it's because it lacks support for the network protocols that Sonos uses to operate, like UPnP, STP, and SMB/CIFS.
Automatic Updates: The Sonos One SL supports free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the One and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available through the Sonos Controller app. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself.