Yamaha MusicCast 20 (WX-021) Bundle
Two wireless powered speakers with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Apple® AirPlay® (White/White)
Our take on the Yamaha MusicCast 20 (WX-021) Bundle by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Lots of options with a pair of super-compact speakers
This pair of compact Yamaha MusicCast 20 speakers gives you choices. Stream from your smartphone via Bluetooth — or Apple AirPlay if you have an iPhone® or iPad®. Wirelessly pair the speakers for two-channel stereo sound. Or use them as wireless rear surrounds with any newer MusicCast-capable Yamaha home theater receivers, such as the RX-V485 and AVENTAGE RX-A780.
Place each speaker in a different room for a simple multi-room audio system. The MusicCast 20 can connect to your home Wi-Fi network to give you access to internet radio, podcasts, and more.
Clear sound and intuitive controls
Each MusicCast 20 features a 1-1/8" soft dome tweeter for clear highs and a 3-1/2" woofer to fill out the midrange and lower frequencies. Two side-firing passive radiators reinforce the bass. Top-panel buttons include three one-touch presets and an alarm control.
MusicCast: simple multi-room audio
This bundle is a great way to start a multi-room audio system. You can combine up to 10 MusicCast speakers and components in a whole-house system, and control them all with Yamaha's excellent MusicCast mobile app. Play your digital music library, internet radio stations, and popular streaming services. There's support for Pandora® and SiriusXM. If you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you access all your favorite albums and playlists. You can even stream high-resolution audio files.
Bluetooth multi-room streaming
Bluetooth streaming from your phone is handy. But with MusicCast, Bluetooth becomes even more convenient. Stream from your smartphone to one MusicCast 20 speaker. Then you can use the MusicCast app to send that audio content to any and all other MusicCast speakers and components throughout your home. It's an easy way to share the audio from any app on your phone or tablet, including podcasts and YouTube™ clips.
- wireless connectivity
- built-in Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for a stable connection to your network and the internet
- Apple AirPlay for streaming from an iPhone, iPad, or iTunes® on a computer
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supports playback of high-resolution digital files (up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- one 3-1/2" woofer, one 1-1/8" soft dome tweeter, and two passive bass radiators
- 40 watts total power (25 watts for the woofer, 15 watts for the tweeter)
MusicCast Controller app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize your MusicCast speakers
- control multi-room playback with two or more MusicCast speakers
- stream from-compatible services such as Spotify Premium, TIDAL, Pandora, Deezer, SiriusXM and VTuner internet radio
- access music stored on smartphone, tablet, computer or network drive
- select Bluetooth as an input, then redistribute the stream wirelessly to other MusicCast speakers via Wi-Fi
- wirelessly pair the two MusicCast 20s for stereo sound
- wirelessly pair the two MusicCast 20s as surround speakers for compatible Yamaha home theater receivers
General specs: (each speaker)
- voice control via Amazon Alexa when connected to an Amazon Echo device (available separately)
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 5-7/8"W x 7-3/8"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 4.8 lbs.
- requires AC power (AC adapter provided)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee