Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle
Versatile desktop record-playing system with Bluetooth®
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - RCA connections for beautiful analog sound, and a Type-B USB output for creating digital files on your computer
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - Low-friction spindle reduces platter drag for more consistent speed and enhanced tonal accuracy
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - S-shaped tonearm with universal headshell for improved tracking
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - What could look better with a walnut-finish turntable than walnut-finish speakers?
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - The left-hand speaker has analog and digital inputs, plus an antenna for top-notch wireless streaming
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - Compact wireless speakers fit just about anywhere you need music
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - Want to enjoy your digital files, too? Connect your computer to the speakers' built-in USB input
Our take on the Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A system that looks as good as it sounds
Vinyl records produce a sound that is so warm, rich, and detailed — why not play them on a system that has an elegant look? This TEAC TN-400S turntable is matched with a pair of powered Audioengine HD3 speakers — both in a gorgeous walnut finish. You can have your record-playing system up and running shortly after unboxing each piece.
The turntable's built-in phono preamplifier lets you plug straight into the speakers — no separate receiver or amplifier necessary. And a dedicated USB output makes it easy to transfer your albums to your Mac® or Windows® PC for digital archiving.
The turntable's built-in phono preamp allows you to plug directly into the powered speakers with no need for a receiver in-between.
Enjoy soulful vinyl sound from a well-made turntable
It's truly impressive how much clever engineering goes into something so pretty to look at. Under the TEAC TN-400S' polished exterior is a heavy MDF base designed to resist external vibration. A dense die-cast aluminum platter spins on a polished stainless steel spindle and bronze bushing that minimize friction for smooth, silent rotation.
The turntable's variable-speed belt-drive system isolates motor vibration, and its ability to play 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm discs will delight serious vinyl collectors. The curved aluminum tonearm — equipped with an Audio-Technica AT100E moving-magnet cartridge — ensures super-accurate tracking and satisfying, rich tonal accuracy.
Convenient wireless desktop speakers
Audioengine HD3 speakers don't take up much space, and they offer a convenient stereo RCA connection on the back of the left-hand speaker for connecting the output of the turntable's built-in preamp. Two 15-watt amplifiers power the speakers, so you can share your favorite tracks.
They're no one-trick pony, though. You can also use Bluetooth with aptX® technology to connect to your mobile device from up to 100 feet away, and listen to high-quality streaming tunes. There's also a USB input so you can get great sound from your computer. When it's quiet time in your home, use the headphone jack on the front of the left speaker to jam in your own little world.
- all-in-one bundle for high-performance stereo sound from your records, computer, and portable music players
TEAC TN-400S Turntable:
- built-in phono preamp with line-level audio and integrated USB output (Windows® and Mac® compatible)
- recording software not included (TEAC recommends Audacity, a free sound recording and editing software program available at audacity.sourceforge.net)
- 12" aluminum die-cast platter with heavy rubber mat to protect records from scratches
- S-shaped tonearm with universal headshell for improved tracking
- includes pre-mounted Audio-Technica AT100E moving magnet cartridge
- high-density MDF base minimizes unwanted resonance for better sound
- 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm speeds
- wow and flutter: 0.2%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 67 dB
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks
- 16-9/16"W x 4-5/8"H (with dust cover down) x 14-9/16"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
Audioengine HD3 Powered Speakers:
- two 15-watt RMS amplifiers built into left speaker
- frequency response: 65-22,000 Hz (±2dB)
- each speaker features:
- one 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- one 2-3/4" Kevlar mid/woofer
- front-mounted volume control on left speaker
- ultra-rigid MDF cabinets reduce vibration and eliminate unwanted resonance
- furniture-grade finish
- detachable magnetic grilles
- inputs and outputs:
- front headphone output
- rear micro USB input
- rear stereo minijack input
- rear RCA stereo input
- RCA stereo line output
- 4-1/4"W x 7-3/16"H x 7-1/4"D (each)
- weight: 4 lbs. (left powered speaker)
- weight: 3.4 lbs. (right passive speaker)
- warranty: 1 year turntable, 3 years speakers
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
1 question already asked
When connecting to powered speakers (built-in amplification) like the AudioEngine HD3 that come with this bundle, no; you do not need to use an external amplifier. [ Ryan May 23, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle
Versatile desktop record-playing system with Bluetooth®$679.98$729.98
Automatic belt-drive turntable with pre-mounted cartridge and built-in phono preamp
Audioengine A2+/Audio-Technica AT-LP120BK-USB Bundle
Versatile desktop record-playing system$549.98
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle
Versatile all-in-one record-playing system with Bluetooth®$1,029.98$1,079.98