Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle
Versatile all-in-one record-playing system with Bluetooth®
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - RCA connections for beautiful analog sound, and a Type-B USB output for creating digital files on your computer
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - Low-friction spindle reduces platter drag for more consistent speed and enhanced tonal accuracy
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - S-shaped tonearm with universal headshell for improved tracking
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - The powered Audioengine HD6 speakers have a furniture-grade walnut finish
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle - The left-hand speaker has analog and digital inputs, plus an antenna for top-notch wireless streaming
Our take on the Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A powerful, versatile system with classic good looks
I love the idea of matching the classic sounds of my record collection with a classic-looking audio system. This bundle nails it. We've paired a TEAC TN-400S turntable with a pair of high-performance Audioengine HD6 powered speakers. Both feature a gorgeous walnut finish for eye-catching looks with an old-school vibe.
The turntable's built-in phono preamplifier lets you plug straight into the speakers — no separate receiver or amplifier necessary. And a dedicated USB output makes it easy to transfer your albums to your Mac® or Windows® PC for digital archiving.
Audioengine's HD6 speakers offer analog and digital inputs, plus an antenna for top-notch Bluetooth® streaming.
Enjoy soulful vinyl sound from a well-made turntable
It's truly impressive how much clever engineering goes into something so pretty to look at. Under the TEAC TN-400S' polished exterior is a heavy MDF base designed to resist external vibration. A dense die-cast aluminum platter spins on a polished stainless steel spindle and bronze bushing that minimize friction for smooth, silent rotation.
The turntable's variable-speed belt-drive system isolates motor vibration, and its ability to play 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm discs will delight serious vinyl collectors. The curved aluminum tonearm — equipped with an Audio-Technica AT100E moving-magnet cartridge — ensures super-accurate tracking and satisfying, rich tonal accuracy.
Powerful wireless bookshelf speakers
Each of the speakers has a 5-1/2" woofer and 1" dome tweeter for sound that's clear, rich, and full. The system's built-in stereo amplifier is rated at 50 watts per channel — plenty of power to deliver room-filling sound.
There's a convenient stereo RCA connection on the back of the left-hand speaker for plugging in the TEAC turntable. They're no one-trick pony, though. You can also use Bluetooth with aptX® technology to connect to your mobile device from up to 100 feet away, and listen to high-quality streaming tunes. There's also a handy optical digital input for high-res digital signals, or for connecting your TV, Blu-ray player, or gaming system.
- all-in-one bundle for high-performance stereo sound from your records, computer, and portable music players
TEAC TN-400S Turntable:
- built-in phono preamp with line-level audio and integrated USB output (Windows® and Mac® compatible)
- recording software not included (TEAC recommends Audacity, a free sound recording and editing software program available at audacity.sourceforge.net)
- 12" aluminum die-cast platter with heavy rubber mat to protect records from scratches
- S-shaped tonearm with universal headshell for improved tracking
- includes pre-mounted Audio-Technica AT100E moving magnet cartridge
- high-density MDF base minimizes unwanted resonance for better sound
- 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm speeds
- wow and flutter: 0.2%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 67 dB
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks
- 16-1/2"W x 4-5/8"H (with dust cover down) x 14"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
Audioengine HD6 Powered Speakers:
- two 50-watt RMS amplifiers built into left speaker
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz (±1.5dB)
- built-in high-performance AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter
- each speaker features:
- one 1" silk dome tweeter
- one 5-1/2" Kevlar mid/woofer
- front-mounted volume control on left speaker
- ultra-rigid MDF cabinets reduce vibration and eliminate unwanted resonance
- furniture grade finish
- detachable magnetic grilles
- inputs and outputs:
- rear optical digital (SPDIF) input handles PCM audio signals up to 24-bit/192kHz
- rear stereo minijack input
- rear RCA stereo input
- RCA stereo line output lets you add a powered subwoofer
- 7-3/16"W x 11-7/8"H x 12-1/2"D each
- weight: 17.5 lbs. (left powered speaker)
- weight: 12.5 lbs. (right passive speaker)
- warranty: 1 year turntable, 3 years speakers
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Frequently Compared With
Audioengine HD6/TEAC TN-400S Bundle
Versatile all-in-one record-playing system with Bluetooth®$1,029.98$1,079.98
Manual direct-drive professional turntable with USB output and built-in phono preamp
Audioengine HD3/TEAC TN-400S Bundle
Versatile desktop record-playing system with Bluetooth®$679.98$729.98
Audioengine HD6/Pro-Ject DC Esprit/Phono Box Bundle
Turntable with separate phono preamp and powered stereo speakers$1,399.97