About the Audio-Technica Performance Podcast Bundle
Record great-sounding podcasts using your computer
Want to start recording your own podcasts? You'll need a computer, recording software, and something to say. This bundle provides the rest of the gear you'll need. It includes a high-quality Audio-Technica condenser microphone, a matching mount to reduce noise and vibrations, and a handy boom stand to put the mic within easy reach on your desktop. Audio signals are sent to your computer through a Shure XLR-to-USB adapter. You can connect the included Audio-Technica headphones directly to this adapter for latency-free monitoring.
Audio-Technica AT2020 microphone:
- side-address condenser microphone
- cardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- low-mass diaphragm for extended frequency response
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
Audio-Technica ATH-M20x headphones:
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 40mm dynamic drivers are tuned for enhanced bass response
- 123" single-sided straight cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- frequency response: 15-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 47 ohms
- weight: 6.7 oz.
- Shure X2u XLR-to-USB signal adapter
- allows digital recording direct to computer
- up to 16-bit/48kHz audio resolution
- includes microphone gain level adjustment and monitor level dial
- built-in headphone output with independent level adjustment
- Audio-Technica AT8458 shock mount
- attenuates noise and vibrations transmitted through boom mic stand
- Gator Frameworks desk-mounted broadcast mic boom stand
- articulating arm with wide range of movement
- built-in XLR cable
- warranty: 2 years mic, headphones, mount and adapter (3 years Gator Frameworks stand)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains 5 individually boxed items:
- AT2020 Microphone:
- Cardioid condenser side-address microphone (black)
- Stand Mount (5/8"-27)
- Thread adapter (5/8"-27 -to- 3/8"-16)
- Zippered storage pouch
- Specifications sheet
- Purchase Registration card
- Disposal statement
- ATH-M20x Headphones:
- Over-ear headphones with attached 123" straight cord (3.5mm plug)
- Snap-on 1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Purchase Registration Card
- Disposal guidelines
- Desk-Mount Microphone Stand:
- Desk-mount microphone stand w/ integrated 9.5' XLR cable
- Clamp base
- Screw-down base
- Three 1" wood-screws
- Warranty card
- AT8458 Shock Mount:
- Microphone shock mount w/ tilt adjustment (5/8" thread stand socket)
- X2U XLR-To-USB Adapter:
- XLR-to-USB signal adapter
- 10' USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on other end)
- Two 5" Hook-and-Loop strips
- Padded zippered pouch
- User Guide
- Online Registration card
- Safety Precaution card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica Performance Podcast Bundle
Bundle Overview: The Audio-Technica microphone bundle is designed for podcasts, interviews, and broadcasts. It includes an Audio-Technica condenser, side-address microphone along with a desk-mount stand, microphone shock-mount, Audio-Technica closed-back headphones, and an XLR-to-USB adapter, letting you record microphone signals directly to your computer.
AT2020 Microphone: The Audio-Technica AT2020 is a side-address, condenser microphone that is designed for vocal or instrument use in project or studio applications. It has a cardioid polar pattern to reduce pickup of sounds from the side and rear. The AT2020 comes with an adjustable stand adapter, a thread adapter, and a zippered storage pouch.
Side-Address: The AT2020 is designed to be mounted upright, with the front of the microphone placed directly in front of the sound source. The front of the microphone has the Audio-Technica logo, while the back is labeled "Back."
Stand Adapter: The supplied pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely, allowing you to easily position the microphone for best performance. The mount has a 5/8"-27 thread, plus a thread adapter for 3/8"-16 microphone stands.
Phantom Power: This condenser microphone requires 48V DC phantom power in order to operate. This can be provided by most mixers or audio consoles, or by a separate phantom power supply.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% THD
- Noise: 20dB SPL
- Dynamic Range: 124dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 74dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.047", Length: 6.375"
- Weight: 12.1 ounces
Desk-Top Mic Stand: The Gator Frameworks Broadcast Boom microphone stand is designed for broadcasts, podcasts, or recording. It features a spring-loaded articulating arm that can be extended up to 38.5" with full 360˚ rotational adjustment. The boom includes a 5/8" threaded end for attaching a microphone holder (sold separately), and a built-in XLR cable, providing a cleaner look.
Materials: The Frameworks microphone stand's sturdy construction features black powder-coated steel with metal coil springs.
Mounting: Designed to be desk-mounted, the Broadcast Boom includes 2 types of mounting bases: A clamp-style that can be mounted to a desk or table edge up to 2.17" in thickness, and a screw-down base that can be permanently attached to a flat surface using the supplied 1" wood screws.
- Lower Arm Length: 20.67"
- Upper Arm Length: 19.29"
- Maximum Extension: 38.50"
- Maximum Weight Supported: 2.60 lbs.
- Net Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- XLR Cable Length: 9.50'
- Boom Mic-Holder Thread: 5/8"
Microphone Shock-Mount: The Audio Technica AT8458 microphone shock mount helps attenuate noise, shock, and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms, and mounts for select Audio Technica microphones. The AT8458 features up to 180˚ of tilt, with tensioning knob, and can accommodate 5/8" threaded booms and stands.
ATH-M20x Headphones: The Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Monitor Headphones features a closed-back, over-the-ear design for excellent sound isolation in loud environments. The sturdy ATH-M20x is designed for use for studio or field recording.
Drivers: The 40mm drivers are made with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils, and are tuned for enhanced low frequency performance.
Cable: The ATH-M20x has a single cable exit on the left ear cup. The attached straight cable is over 10 feet in length (123"), and terminated with a 3.5mm mini plug that can be used with most portable devices. A snap-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter is included for those times when you're listening to home or professional components with a full-sized headphone jack.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Maximum Input Power: 700mW at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 47 ohms
- Dimensions: Width=3.293" Height=4.011" Depth=1.81"
- Cable Length: 123" (10'-3")
- Weight: 9.3 ounces (w/1/4" adapter)
X2u XLR-To-USB Adapter: The Shure included X2u is an adapter that converts an XLR microphone into a USB mic for digital recording. It has a female XLR receptacle on one end and a female Type B USB port on the other end. The X2u comes with a 10' USB cable, two hook-and-loop straps for attaching the adapter to a microphone stand, and a padded zippered pouch.
Compatibility: The X2u is compatible with the following Windows and Mac operating systems:
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Mac OS X 10.1 or later
Phantom Power: The X2u has a +48V Phantom Power switch for condenser microphones. It should be switched off when using with dynamic microphones that do not require phantom power to conserve battery life when connected to a laptop. An orange LED will illuminate when Phantom Power is switched on.
Controls: The X2u has three rotary controls for adjusting levels. The Mic Gain control adjusts the microphone input level before the analog-to-digital conversion. The Volume control adjusts the output of the headphone jack. The Monitor control dial blends the pre-recorded playback from the computer with the live audio from the microphone.
Indicators: A tri-color peak level indicator shows the level of the audio input. It should glow a steady green while recording, occasionally glowing yellow at the highest sound volumes. If the indicator glows red, you should lower the Mic Gain. A green USB light illuminates when the adapter is connected to your computer via USB to indicate you are ready to record.
Headphone Jack: The X2u features a side-mounted 3.5mm headphone jack that allows you to directly monitor the microphone signal. This monitor output has none of the delay that occurs if you were to monitor the signal through the computer's headphone output. The X2u's headphone output also allows you to monitor previously recorded tracks while recording a new track.
USB Adapter Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz +/-1dB
- Input Impedance: 1.6 kΩ
- Power Requirements: USB-powered, 500 mA, maximum
- Phantom Power Supply: 48 V, 10 mA
- Digital Noise Floor (20Hz-20kHz, A-weighted):
- Minimum Mic Gain setting: -81 dB FS
- Maximum Mic Gain setting: -78 dB FS
- Sampling Rate: up to 48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16-bit
- Adjustable Gain Range: 50 dB
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm (1/8") 60 mW at 32Ω