About the Sonos Arc 5.0 Home Theater Bundle
The Arc rocks even harder with a little help
The Sonos Arc 5.0 Home Theater Bundle delivers immersive Dolby Atmos home theater with true wraparound sound effects.
The Arc rocks even harder with a little help
The Sonos Arc is one of our most popular and well-received sound bars. It boasts an impressive multi-dimensional soundstage that feels deep and full of detail. But you know what's even better? That same bar matched with a pair of rear speakers for true home theater surround sound.
This bundle includes a pair of Sonos One SL speakers for immersive wraparound effects. The surrounds connect to your sound bar wirelessly, so you only need to plug each speaker into AC power.
Experience the cinema at home
The Arc has 11 built-in speakers, including angled side-firing and up-firing speakers that create spacious effects. And the pair of One SLs work with the bar to envelop you even further in sound. This Dolby Atmos-capable system places sound effects in a precise three-dimensional soundstage as they move around you, from a helicopter hovering overhead to bullets zipping from one side of the room to the other.
Connect with Sonos
One cool thing about Sonos is that it's easy to expand your system as you gain more room or your budget opens up. This 5.0 system can link together wirelessly with other Sonos speakers to stream music throughout your home. The Sonos app has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to play whatever you want, wherever you want.
You can play the same song everywhere at once, or different music in each room. You're only ever a couple swipes on your phone away from a house filled with music. Start up the Moana soundtrack in the living room for the kids, and you can still jam to Soundgarden in your office after a long day at work.
Built-in voice control
The sound bar has a built-in far-field microphone for voice control, using your choice of Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Play your favorite tunes just by asking, or even give commands to other Sonos equipment you may have throughout your home.
You can play more than music too. Both voice assistant platforms can snag recipes while you're cooking, give you weather updates, help you shop online, set alarms, or control other smart devices in your home.
Stream with AirPlay 2
Apple fans are in good hands. AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and connect your Sonos speakers to the AirPlay ecosystem. If you're a subscriber to Apple Music®, you can also use Siri to control and play that service with your voice too.
Getting everything ready to go is simple. First, you'll plug the sound bar and surround speakers into AC power. The only other connection you'll need to make is an HDMI cable between your sound bar and the TV. (The cable is included in the box). From there, it only takes a few minutes to wirelessly group the One SLs with the Arc using the Sonos app.
The sound bar's HDMI connection supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), which lets you pass an Atmos signal as long as your TV supports it too. If your TV doesn't have an HDMI port, you can use the included HDMI-to-optical adapter. It won't pass Atmos, but it'll still sound way better than your TV.
- Sonos Arc Dolby-Atmos capable sound bar and two One SL surround speakers
- plays TV sound, streaming music, and digital audio files from your home network
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated SonosNet wireless network
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Arc features built-in far-field microphone for voice control (your choice of Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant)
Arc sound bar:
- powered sound bar with built-in voice control and support for Dolby Atmos
- 11 built-in speakers, each with a matching Class D digital amplifier
- eight custom elliptical woofers, including two up-firing drivers to heighten the soundstage
- includes dedicated center channel drivers for clear dialogue
- precisely angled tweeters and advanced audio processing create enveloping home theater sound
- Speech Enhancement option helps clarify dialogue
- built-in Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa let you control the sound bar with your voice
- advanced far-field microphone delivers responsive voice control
- mic can be muted with a tap
- 1 HDMI port (cable included)
- supports Audio Return Channel (ARC) and enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital
- optical digital audio adapter included as a secondary connection option (does not support Dolby Atmos)
- Ethernet port for a wired internet connection
- magnetic sensor detects mounting and automatically adjusts EQ accordingly
- ambient light sensor adjusts status LEDs according to room brightness
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 45"W x 3-1/2"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 13.78 lbs.
Pair of One SL surround speakers:
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- two built-in amplifiers power two built-in drivers in each speaker (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- top-mounted touch-sensitive controls for volume, play, pause, and track skip
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D (each)
- weight: 4.08 lbs. (each)
Sonos control app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ devices
- play the same song on multiple Sonos speakers or different music on each one
- Trueplay tuning automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- stream music from online services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, Qobuz and more (subscription required for some services)
- all components require AC power (cables included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This Sonos system contains 3 individually packaged items:
- Sonos One SL (x2):
- Network powered speaker (white)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Quickstart Guide
- Important Product Information
- Sonos Arc Soundbar:
- Active soundbar speaker (white)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 5' HDMI cable
- 4.5" HDMI-to-optical adapter
- Quickstart Guide
- Important Product Information
Sonos Arc 5.0 Home Theater Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Sonos Arc 5.0 Home Theater Bundle
Features & specs
|Type of Front Speakers||Sound Bar|
|Includes Center Speaker||Built Into Sound Bar|
|Includes Rear Speakers||Included|
|Includes Powered Subwoofer||Optional, not included|
|System Frequency Response||Not given|
|Sound Bar||Not Given|
|Front Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Front Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Front Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Center Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Center Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Center Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Sound Bar Tweeter||Soft-Dome|
|Sound Bar Midrange||N/A|
|Sound Bar Woofer||Eliptical cone|
|Rear Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Rear Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Rear Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Subwoofer Passive Radiator||N/A|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Front Speaker Size (inches)||N/A|
|Front Speaker Weight||N/A|
|Center Speaker Size (inches)||N/A|
|Center Speaker Weight||N/A|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||45W x 3-1/2H x 4-1/2D|
|Sound Bar Weight||13.78 lbs.|
|Rear Speaker Size (inches)||4-3/4W x 6-3/8H x 4-3/4D|
|Rear Speaker Weight||---|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Surround Formats -Self-powered Systems-|
|Audio Enhancements -Self-powered Systems-|
|Virtual Surround||Surround mode|
|Audio Streaming -Self-powered Systems-|
|Online Music Sources||via Sonos app|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Wi-Fi Networking -Self-powered Systems-|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g|
|HDMI Connections -Self-powered Systems-|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|Optical Digital Inputs||None|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant built-in|
|Control by App||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Network & Multiroom Audio
Home Theater Section
5.0.2ch Speaker System: This Sonos 5.0.2ch package includes the Sonos Arc active soundbar speaker and two Sonos One SL wireless powered speakers. The Sonos Arc soundbar handles the front, center, and height channels; while the two Sonos One SL speakers act as wireless surround speakers for the rear channels for 5.0.2ch Dolby Atmos surround sound.
Multi-Driver Array Soundbar: The Sonos Arc features eleven high-performance drivers and eleven Class-D amplifiers for crisp highs, dynamic midranges, and surprising bass. The multi-driver array is configured with front, side, and up firing drivers for the ability to playback Dolby Atmos soundtracks. The Sonos Arc is perfect for TV, movies, music, gaming, and more.
- 3 Precisely Angled Tweeters: Three precisely angled silk-dome tweeters across the front of the soundbar create crisp high frequencies and crystal clear dialogue for the speaker's front left and right channels, as well as its dedicated center channel. the front left and right channel tweeters are angled outward to deliver a more spacious soundstage, while the center channel tweeter directly fires at the main listening position.
- 8 Elliptical Woofers: Eight elliptical woofers positioned on the front, side, and top of the soundbar ensure faithful playback of midrange and vocal frequencies in addition to rich bass. There are four front firing woofers for the center and front channels, two side firing woofers for the surround channels, and two upward firing woofers for the Dolby Atmos Height channels.
- 11 Class-D Amplifiers: Each tweeter and woofer is powered by its own dedicated Class-D amplifier. These eleven Class-D digital amplifiers have been specifcially designed to match the soundbar's driver technology, tuned enclosure, and acoustic characters for dynamic, room-filling sound without distortion at any volume level.
Wireless Surround Speakers: Two Sonos One SL speakers act as discrete wireless rear surround speakers. The Sonos One SL employs a pair of Class-D amplifiers and custom-built drivers, meticulously tuned to the speaker's unique acoustic architecture. A single 1" tweeter creates a crisp and clear high-frequency response, while one 3.5" mid-woofer ensures you'll hear the faithful playback of midrange vocal frequencies plus deep, rich midbass. The Sonos One SL provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home.
Optional Wireless Powered Sub: Add a Sonos Sub (sold separataely) for 5.1.2 ch Dolby Atmos surround with a dedicated LFE subwoofer channel for bigger, deep, and more impactful bass response. And because its a wireless connection between the soundbar and sub, there is no subwoofer cable to run.
Dolby Atmos: The Sonos Arc supports increased bandwidth and utilizes upward firing speaker drivers that act as height channels, reflecting sound off your ceiling for additional dimension, to produce Dolby Atmos surround sound (up to 5.0.2ch). Dolby Atmos is an object-based format for surround sound that designates different sounds to specific places in the room rather than channels, creating a more realistic experience by dynamically incorporating height, surround, and front channels.
- Getting Dolby Atmos sound is dependent on the source material, as well as the TV passing an Dolby Atmos signal through the HDMI eARC jack. If the Sonos Arc is recieving a Dolby Atmos signal, it will display an icon within the Sonos S2 App on both the "Now Playing" screen, as well as within the settings portion of the app.
- The Sonos Arc is also compatible with Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS.
- The Sonos Arc does not support DTS-HD or DTS:X.
TV Connectivity: The Sonos Arc can connect to your TV with HDMI eARC, HDMI ARC, or via the included HDMI-to-Optical adapter. For greatest performance, use the HDMI eARC connection. eARC stands for enhanced Audio Return Channel and allows full-resolution sound signals, including Dolby Atmos, to be passed from your TV to the soundbar.
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): If you connect to a TV with eARC, the multichannel audio formats supported include Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, and DTS
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): If you connect to a TV using ARC, the multichannel audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, and DTS. An ARC connection cannot support Dolby TrueHD.
- Optical Audio Adapter: If you connect to a TV using the HDMI-to-Optical adapter, the multichannel audio formats are limited to Dolby Digital, DTS, or PCM only. The HDMI-to-Optical adapter connection cannot support Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, or Dolby Digital Plus.
- The Sonos Arc does not support DTS-HD or DTS:X multichannel audio formats.
- The Sonos Arc does not offer any analog audio inputs for connection to your television.
Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS only): Trueplay tuning technology optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of the room where the Arc and One SL speakers are placed, calibrating the front, center, surround, and height channels for precise localization. The layout of a room, and where a speaker is placed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS 11.0+ device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes the Sonos Arc and One SL speakers to make sure they sounds great no matter where you've placed it. The Sonos ARC and One SL speakers already sound fantastic, but Trueplay brings you even closer to how music should sound. Completing Trueplay tuning for a room takes approximately 3 minutes from start to finish.
- You will need to retune the Sonos Arc and One SL speakers using TruePlay, if you reposition the speaker system or change the configuration of the speaker setup (such as adding a Sonos Sub).
- Trueplay is currently not compatible with Android devices.
Audio Adjustments: The Sonos S2 Controller app lets you make audio adjustments from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- Equalizer: Adjustable EQ settings can be found in the Sonos S2 app. From the app you can adjust Bass, Treble, and Loudness.
- Speech Enhancement: The Sonos Arc was carefully tuned with the help of Oscar-winning sound engineers to emphasize the human voice so you never miss a word. Turn on Speech Enhancement in the app to clarify dialogue when characters talk quietly or action intensifies.
- Night Sound: Night Sound reduces the intensity of loud sound effects. Night Sound allows you to enjoy late night TV without waking the whole house by balancing the sound output of loud and soft passages.
Note: These audio adjustments can only be done from the Sonos S2 Controller app and not from the top-panel controls on the soundbar.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Sonos Arc and One SL offer flexible mounting and placement options.
- Soundbar: The Sonos Arc soundbar speaker can be positioned below or above the center of your flat-panel TV on a tabletop, shelf, stand, or piece of AV furniture. The Sonos Arc can also be wall-mounted using the Sonos Arc Wall Mount Bracket (sold separately). The Sonos Arc soundbar speaker will automatically detect when it is attached to the mount and adjust its EQ to temper bass resonance against the wall.
- For the best sound, mount the Sonos Arc soundbar 2" to 4" away from the top or bottom of your TV.
- Keep both ends of the Sonos Arc soundbar at least 5.5" to 12" from a wall or other obstruction.
- Make sure there is no objstruction above the Arc soundbar's upward firing drivers.
- Surrounds: The Sonos One SL speakers should be placed slightly behind and on either side of your main listening position at approximately ear height level or just above ear height. Proprietary wall-mount brackets and speakers stands (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) are available to mount the speakers.
Detachabled AC Power Cord: The Sonos Arc and One SL all come with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord that will plug into the back of the soundbar, speakers and sub, as well as into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Network & Multiroom Audio
Sonos Wireless Multiroom Audio Eco-System: The Arc and One SL are part of the Sonos wireless multiroom audio eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with a single Sonos product and add more Sonos products over time. With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms of your home. Compatible distributed audio sources include internet radio, online music services, local network music libraries, as well as hardwired inputs. Up to 32 Sonos devices and 16 groups can be connected in one system. The Sonos Arc, One SL, and Sub (Gen 3) are compatible with the new Sonos S2 operating system (OS) and does not support the older Sonos S1 operating system (OS).
- Sonos S2 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos Five, One SL, Roam, ARC, Sub (Gen 3), and any Sonos products released after May 2020 will only be compatible with Sonos S2.
- Sonos S2 and S1 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, Playbar, Connect (Gen 2), Connect:Amp (Gen 2), One (Gen 1/2), Beam, Amp, Port, Boost, Move, and Sub (Gen 1/2) support both Sonos S2 and S1 operating systems.
- Sonos S1 OS Compatible Products: The Sonos CR200 Controller, Zone Player, Bridge, Connect (Gen 1), Connect: Amp (Gen 1), and Play: 5 (Gen 1) will only support the older S1 operating system.
- If you have have both, older "legacy" Sonos products and newer Sonos products in your system, you have the option to create two separate eco-systems - one that will be controlled with the older Sonos S1 controller app and the other that will be controlled by the newer Sonos S2 controller app.
- Click here for more information regarding Sonos "Legacy" S1 versus the new Sonos S2 Operating System and App.
Two Ways to Connect Wirelessly: In order to enjoy internet radio, online music services, your local network music libraries and Apple AirPlay 2, you'll need to connect the Sonos Arc and One SL to your home's wireless network router and ISP (internet service provider). Sonos brings your great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project through WiFi or its SonosNet mesh network.
- WiFi Wireless Network: Sonos can also operate over your home's existing WiFi network (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz). Because you are connecting wirelessly to your home's existing WiFi network, you do not need to hardwire a Sonos Boost to your router/modem. The Sonos system's wireless range will be dependent on your home's existing WiFi network. Sonos products manufactured after March 2014 are loaded with the proper firmware and ready to go out of the box for WiFi connectivity. All Sonos products manufactured prior to that date will require a wired connection to facilitate a firmware upgrade and hereafter they will be able to work over WiFi.
- SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network: Sonos can utilize its own SonosNet proprietary wireless mesh network technology to provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensure synchronous music playback, and avoid sources of wireless interference. The transmitting range of the Sonos wireless system is approximately 100', depending upon your home's layout. In addition to the Sonos Port, you will need a Sonos Boost (sold separately) connected to your network router/modem via a Ethernet cable.
- You cannot connect the Sonos system via both the SonosNet proprietary mesh network and WiFi; you will need to choose one. Sonos recommends using its proprietary SonosNet wireless mesh network over WiFi when applicable.
- The Sonos proprietary mesh network will provide a more secure wireless connection with fewer interruptions for optimum performance.
- WiFi is subject to greater interference from other WiFi and 2.4GHz devices on your network.
- WiFi connectivity is not compatible with 5GHz (you will have to use the Sonos wireless mesh network in this case).
Ethernet Port (10/100 Mbps): In addition to its built-in SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network and WiFi, the Sonos Arc and One SL are also equipped with one Ethernet port (10/100 Mbps). Use it to wire directly to your router to operate Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you're using a SonosNET Boost setup.
Internet Radio Stations: Sonos offers a wide variety of Internet Radio stations and services. Some Internet Radio Services require a paid subscription and fees. Click here for all available Internet Radio Services.
- Sonos Radio: Sonos Radio is a free service that brings the best of Sonos and partner services into one place, making it even easier to listen to radio and discover new music on your system. Sonos Radio features thousands of live radio stations to choose from; lisen to music news, sports, and more from over 60,000 local and global stations. You even get a special selection of genre stations with music expertly curated by Sonos.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio delivers all your favorite music and radio in one free service. Thousands of the best live Radio stations from across the country. Custom Stations created from 20 million songs and over 800,000 artists. You tell us an artist you like and iHeart Radio will build a playlist you love. iHeartRadio is free to listen with no capped hours or monthly subscription fees.
- Pandora: Pandora gives you personalized radio that plays what you love and continually evolves with your tastes. Start with the name of an artist, song, genre, or comedian, and create a station. If you are not sure what to listen to, you can browse through our hundreds of curated genre station to find the perfect match for your mood. You can choose between Pandora's free ad-supported account or a Pandora Plus ad-free account with higher 192kbps bit-rate.
- TuneIn: TuneIn gives you access to the world's radio stations, shows and podcasts, all for free. Over 100,000 channels from every corner of the earth, plus live and on-demand radio shows from around the world.
- SiriusXM: With SiriusXM, you can stream up to 155 channels of commercial-free music, play-by-play and sports talk, world class news, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and more. Search to easily find channels, shows, episodes and more. You'll need a SiriusXM subscription that also offers internet streaming.
Online Music Services: Sonos offers a wide variety of online music services. Some online music services require a paid subscription and fees. Click here for all available online music services.
- Apple Music: Apple Music is a subscription-paid streaming service with over 60 million songs ad-free. Easily find your favorite artists, discover new music, listen to curated playlists, and get exclusive artist content and interviews. Follow lyrics while you listen, tap ahead, or sing along with lyrics view. Enjoy at home, in the car, and across all your devices.
- Amazon Music: here are three tiers of access to Amazon Music on Sonos. Amazon Music Unlimited customers can stream tens of millions of songs and listen to curated playlists, stations, and weekly new releases, available to Prime Members for only $7.99/month (non-Prime price: $9.99/month). Amazon Music HD is a new tier of premium quality music with more than 50 million songs in High Definition (HD). At just $12.99/month for Prime members or $14.99/month for Amazon customers, Amazon Music HD makes high quality, lossless audio accessible to all music fans. Existing Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers (Individual or Family Plan) can upgrade to Amazon Music HD for an additional $5/month. Prime Music is a curated, on-demand, ad-free music streaming benefit featuring a growing selection of two million songs, and personalized recommendations at no additional cost with your Amazon Prime Membership.
- Deezer: Deezer is a subscription-paid online music service that offers you over 43 million songs at your fingertips. Stream almost any song you can think of or kick back with an endless selection of playlists, mixes, albums. You'll need a Deezer Premium+ or Deezer HiFi account to use Deezer with Sonos.
- Napster: Napster is a paid online music service that provides you with a music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. Enjoy more than 30 million tracks at 320kbps AAC.
- Qobuz: Qobuz is a paid streaming service that gives you access to more than 40 million tracks. Discover new artists and albums with selections and playlists from musical experts. On Sonos you can stream 320kbps MP3 streams through the Qobuz Premium Subscription or experience high-quality FLAC (16-bit /44.1kHz) streaming using the Qobuz Hi-Fi Subscription.
- Spotify: Spotify is an online music service giving users the ability to stream music on demand to Sonos using Spotify's unique technology. Spotify and Sonos will allow access to all of your existing Spotify playlists and their entire catalog. Sonos supports Spotify Free and Spotify Premium accounts. A Spotify Free account allows you to search for Spotify artists, albums, and playlists in the Sonos app. When listening to music with a Spotify Free account, you’re limited to six song skips per hour.
- Tidal: Tidal streams music in lossless, high fidelity audio quality, ensuring the best sound experience possible. Discover new and old favorites with news, recommendations, curated playlists, moods and genres. All with High Fidelity Streaming. Create and edit your own playlists with more than 25 million tracks available. Tidal offers two paid streaming platforms - Tidal HiFi (Lossless Flac 16-bit/44.1kHz) or Tidal Premium (AAC 320kbps).
- YouTube Music: YouTube Music is a subscription-paid online music service allows you to easily find what you're looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what's trending around you.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on select Sonos components and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the Sonos unit. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Sonos product.
- Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices From Sonos: Sonos Arc, One (Gen 1/Gen 2), One SL, Five, Play:5 (Gen 2), Amp, Port, Playbase, and Beam all support AirPlay 2.
- Non-Compatible AirPlay 2 Devices from Sonos: Even though the Sonos Play:1, Play: 5 (Gen 1)Play:3, Playbar, Connect, Connect:Amp, and ZonePlayer are not AirPlay 2 compatible, you can still group these Sonos devices with an AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos product (listed above) to unlock AirPlay for your entire system.
Music Libraries: Sonos supports playback of music from any computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device on your home network where you have shared music folders. Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats. Sonos indexes your music folders so you can view your music collection by categories (such as artists, albums, composers, genres, or tracks).
- File Formats: Sonos supports the following audio file formats - MP3 (compressed), WMA (compressed), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless), WAV (uncompressed), and AIFF (uncompressed).
- Sampling Frequencies: Supported sampling rates include 16kHz, 22.5kHz, 24.0kHz, 32.0kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz.
Sonos S2 App: Sonos S2 is a new app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ / Android OS 8.0+ / Fire OS 7.0+ / Mac OSX 10.11+ / Windows 8+) that powers the next generation of Sonos products. The Sonos S2 app offers new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward. The updated app makes it even simpler for you to search for content, control the sound, and personalize your listening experience. Use the Sonos S2 app to setup your Sonos speaker system, control your Sonos speaker system, stream your favorite internet radio stations and online music services, access local network music libraries, and personalize your speaker system.
- Setup: The app lets you easily setup the Sonos speaker system. Get step-by-step instructions for setting up a new system and/or adding more speakers to your system.
- Control: With the Sonos S2 app, you can control all your Sonos speakers, soundbars, and components. Adjust volume levels, group products to play in sync, or play something different in every room.
- Music & Radio: The Sonos S2 app brings together hundreds of internet radio stations and online music services.You also get access to local network music libraries on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Use the app to browse all your music, podcasts, radio, and audiobooks all in one place.
- Personalized Settings: Save favorites and room groups to My Sonos to get to the music faster, create alarms so you can wake up to a favorite radio station or playlist, filter out explicit content, and more.
- Security: Enhanced protocols, including support for elliptic curve cipher suites in SSL/TLS, keep your system safer and your data more secure.
- The Sonos Arc, One SL, and Sub (Gen 3) are not compatible with the older Sonos S1 Controller app and requires the new Sonos S2 Controller app.
- Some older Sonos products ("legacy" products) will not support the advances of the S2 app due to their memory and processing power. If you own any of these products, you can continue to use your system as you do today. See System Requirements for more details.
Built-in Microphone Array: Five far-field microphones with advanced beamforming and multichannel echo-cancellation are built in to Sonos Arc to detect your voice from any direction, anywhere in the room. The Sonos ARC supports Sonos, Alexa, and Google voice control. When the microphone LED is on, Alexa or Google Assistant is ready for a voice command (these microphone can be turned off). You can speak at natural volume to activate Sonos, Alexa or Google supported voice commands. Based on your preference, you can choose to have voice feedback turned on or off.
Sonos Voice Control: Sonos Voice Control was created purely for listening on Sonos and delivers fast, accurate hands-free control of your music and your Sonos system with privacy. With Sonos Voice Control, you can use voice requests to control the Sonos ARC and other Sonos products in your system. You can even ask Sonos Voice for multiple things on multiple Sonos products at once. Sonos Voice Control finds the music you want to listen to by processing requests entirely on the device for faster response times and effortless follow-ups. All you need is one "Hey Sonos" and you can follow up without the need for additional wake-words. Just like the Sonos app, you can control music and speakers in any room, easily play music around the home, save and like your favorite songs to your personal music library, and more.
- Music Control: Use Sonos Voice Control to play songs, artists, albums, playlists, genres, and more from select music services (including Sonos Radio, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pandora). More services may be available in the future (not ETA). Click here for a complete list of the latest compatible music services. You can also use Sonos Voice to adjust the volume level, pause your music, skip tracks, and more. You can even ask Sonos Voice to "Like" or "Unlike" a song, as well as get information on what song is playing. In addition, you'll be able to group/ungroup rooms, plus move your music from one room to another.
- Home Theater Control: Sonos Voice can also be used to turn the Sonos ARC soundbar and your HDMI-ARC connected TV on or off, as well as switch between Night and Speech enhancement modes.
- Total Privacy: Designed with privacy at its core, Sonos Voice Control processes requests entirely on the device. No audio or transcript is sent to the cloud, stored, listened to, or read by other parties.
- Sonos Voice Control works on every voice-capable Sonos speaker
- Click here for a more comprehensive list of Sonos Voice controls.
- Make sure your Sonos device has the latest firmware/software update installed.
Works With Alexa & Google Assistant: The Sonos Arc blends great sound and multiroom audio with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice-activated, hands-free control of your music and more. You'll be able to control music and multiroom playback with just your voice. You can also use the Sonos Arc like any other Alexa Echo or Google Home device and ask non-music related commands (like information about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc) or have Alexa control your smart home devices. Specific control functions will vary by digital voice assistant.
- Amazon Alexa: Voice control functions supported by Amazon Alexa - Click here for more information regarding Amazon Alexa on Sonos.
- Music:You can ask Alexa to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Apple Music, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, & Spotify). Using the Alexa app, you can group your Sonos products and your Alexa-enabled devices together. This makes it easier for Alexa to control your Sonos products based on which room or area they are in. You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services.
- TV: For compatible TVs, Sonos Arc introduces commands specific to TV use, including "Turn on the TV" and "Turn off the TV". Sonos Arc also follows commands such as "Turn it up" and "Mute", applying them to the TV volume. Sonos Arc must be connected to your TV's HDMI-ARC input and your TV needs to support CEC features. Amazon Alexa voice control for your TV will not work if the Sonos Arc is connected via the included optical adapter.
- Fire TV: The Sonos Arc can also be linked to Alexa-enabled video streaming devices such as Fire TV (sold separately). Once linked, you can control these services with the Sonos Arc by switching to specific network or tuning to a certain channel - all with just your voice. If you've logged into Netflix or added HBO shows onto your Fire TV, you'll even be able to select shows by their title using only your voice.
- Google Assistant: Voice control functions supported by Google Assistant - Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant on Sonos.
- Music:You can ask Google to play music on a specific Sonos device in an specific room of your home from these featured music services (Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio). You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services.
- TV: For compatible TVs, Sonos Arc introduces commands specific to TV use, including "Turn on the TV" and "Turn off the TV". Google voice control for your TV will not work if the Sonos Arc is connected via the included optical adapter.
- Google Broadcast: Broadcast a message to everyone in your home over your Sonos One, Beam, or other Google Assistant-enabled devices. Include your message after the command.
- You can only configure your Sonos system to work with one digital voice assisant; choose either Alexa or Google Assistant (you cannot use both). You will need to search and enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa or Google Home app on your mobile device or computer. Your Sonos equipment and Amazon Alexa-enabled devices must be on the same wireless network.
- Sonos and Alexa or Google Assistant work together using a single Amazon or Google account. If you have a second Sonos system in another location, you'll need to use a second Amazon or Google account if you'd like to use Alexa. An Amazon or Google account can only be in use on one Sonos system at a time.
HDMI CEC: The Sonos Arc soundbar speaker does not come with a remote, but does offer HDMI CEC compatibility so you can control basic functions of the soundbar from your HDMI connected TV's remote. Basic functions include Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, and Mute. HDMI CEC will not work if the Sonos Arc is connected via the included optical adapter.
IR Commands: Even though the Sonos Arc does not come with a remote control, it does feature a front-panel IR receiver that can receive commands from a TV remote control. Your TV's remote control will need to be programmed to operate the Sonos Arc. Control functions only include Volume Up and Down. Click this link for instructions on how to program your TV's remote to operate the Sonos Arc.
Top-Panel Controls: The Sonos Arc has touch-sensitive top-panel controls for basic functions such as Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, and Previou/Next Track. There is also a button to turn the soundbar's built-in microphone on or off.
Automatic Updates: The Sonos Arc and One SL support free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the One and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available through the Sonos S2 Controller app. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself. The Sonos Arc must be connected to your home network and the internet for automatic software updates.
Internet Service Provider: You'll need a high-speed, wired internet service provider connection such as cable, fiber, or DSL. Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or 4G LTE routers can experience delays between the internet connection and Sonos and are not supported. Using these types of connections can cause music to not play, skip, or cut out completely.
Wireless Setup: Your network router must broadcast a 2.4GHz signal for Sonos products to connect to. If you have a dual band router (2.4GHz and 5GHz), do not disable the 2.4GHz signal. Wireless-N and Wireless-AC routers should work with Sonos as long as they are still broadcasting over B and G WiFi. Most Wireless-N and AC routers should do this unless manually configured not to.
- The network must not contain enterprise access points that have been configured to require certificates or other forms of enterprise authentication. If you are using multiple access points, make sure they are all set to the same 2.4GHz wireless channel.
- Networks using wireless range extenders are known to cause issues with Sonos systems that are configured in a wireless setup. If you need to extend your home WiFi to use Sonos in a wireless setup, we recommend using a WiFi mesh router to do so.
- Sonos cannot connect to guest networks or networks that use a Port page to login.
Wired Setup Requirements: A Sonos system operating in a wired setup will require one of your Sonos products to remain connected to the router via Ethernet cable at all times. If your Sonos system is in a wired setup and you use a WiFi mesh router with multiple wireless nodes, we recommend wiring your Sonos product directly to the primary wired mesh node. Avoid wiring any Sonos products to the wireless mesh nodes. If you are on a corporate or advanced network, it must not block Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
Note: Ethernet over Power devices (also known as HomePlugs or Powerline adaptors) are not supported by Sonos. While they may work for some systems, they tend to cause intermittent problems with Sonos. EoP adapters create an added delay between your network and Sonos. If the internet connection is too slow or the delay is too great, it can cause your music to skip or cut out completely or your players to drop off from the network.
Sonos S1 or S2 Controller App: Sonos offers a Sonos Controller app for Apple iOS 14.0+, Android OS 8.0+, Fire OS 7.0, Mac OSX 10.11+, and Windows 8+. The Sonos S2 is a new app and operating system (OS) that powers the next generation of products and experiences. In addition to new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward, Sonos S2 enables higher resolution audio technologies for music and home theater. Most Sonos products are compatible with S2. Some older Sonos "legacy" products will not support the advances of S2 due to their memory and processing power. The older Sonos "legacy" app is referred to as the Sonos S1 app.
- Sonos Products That Support the Sonos S1 and S2 Controller App: Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, Playbar, Connect (Gen 2), Connect:Amp (Gen 2), One (Gen 1/2), Beam, Amp, Port, Boost, Move, Sub (Gen 1/2).
- Sonos Products That Only Support The New S2 Contoller App: Five, One SL, Roam, ARC, Sub (Gen 3), and any Sonos products released after May 2020.
- Sonos Products That Only Support The Old S1 Controller App: CR200 Controller, Zone Player, Bridge, Connect (Gen 1), Connect: Amp (Gen 1), Play: 5 (Gen 1).
- If you have have both, older "legacy" Sonos products and newer Sonos products, you have the option to create two separate eco-systems - one that will be controlled with the older Sonos S1 controller app and the other that will be controlled by the newer Sonos S2 controller app.
- Click here for more information regarding Sonos "Legacy" S1 versus the new Sonos S2 Operating System and App.
Supported Audio Files: Supported audio files from online music services and local music libraries include MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV. Sonos can supports FLAC music files up to 16-bit/44.1kHz for "CD-quality" sound. All supported sample rates include 16kHz, 22.5kHz, 24.0kHz, 32.0kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz. Internet Radio streams are supported only in WMA, MP3, and AAC.
Finally made the switch over to WIRELESS and went with SONOS.... very pleased with the purchase and very pleased with Crutchfield customer service and product knowledge.... THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF!"... Makes the whole process enjoyable... THANK YOU!!!!
Kurt from Cumming, GA