About the Klipsch Reference Wireless 3.0 Sound System
A wireless upgrade to TV sound
A wireless upgrade to TV sound
When watching TV and movies, I find dialogue can often be difficult to hear. This Klipsch system offers an immediate upgrade to TV sound, with an added bonus: it connects wirelessly and doesn't require a bulky receiver. This bundle includes voice-matched stereo speakers and a solid center channel that receive a wireless signal directly from an included matching WiSA transmitter. It's a convenient upgrade to your listening, gaming, or watching experience.
How WiSA wireless technology works
WiSA technology transmits high-quality lossless audio signals wirelessly, and the system can be expanded for full-on surround sound up to 7.1 channels.
The system is built around an included Axiim LINK wireless home theater transmitter that connects to compatible sources using the provided USB cable. Compatible sources include:
The Axiim LINK HD automatically recognizes and connects new wireless speakers as they are added, so you can add a WiSA-enabled Klipsch subwoofer or surround speakers in the future if you want to. Just keep in mind that each speaker must be plugged into AC power.
Solid stereo and center channel speakers
The included RW-51M bookshelf speakers feature proprietary 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn technology coupled with Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeters, for clear highs. A 5-1/4" spun-copper woofer handles the midrange and bass. Each speaker has a built-in 60-watt amplifier and custom digital signal processing for detailed, dynamic sound.
The Klipsch RW-34C delivers front-row dialogue and sound effects, thanks to a horn-loaded tweeter and four copper spun 3-1/2" woofers. It's powered by an internal 80-watt amp.
- includes two powered bookshelf speakers, powered center channel and wireless transmitter
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Axiim LINK HD wireless transmitter:
- WiSA-ready transmitter with seamless wireless audio connection
- transmits lossless 24-bit/48kHz audio
- works with Klipsch Reference Wireless home theater speakers
- USB 2.0 high-speed connection for compatible sources:
- Xbox One consoles
- 2019 LG NanoCell or OLED TVs
- Windows® PCs
- Mac® computers
- system is expandable up to 7.1-channel wireless surround sound
- Bluetooth®-enabled for app control via mobile devices
- Axiim LINK mobile app for iOS® and Android™ enables future firmware updates
- remote control of speaker EQ, volume adjust, bass management and audio mixing
- infrared receiver compatible with third party universal remote controls
- 4-1/4" diameter x 1-1/8" high
2 Klipsch RW-51M speakers (each):
- WiSA wireless technology built-in
- 5-1/4" spun-copper Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofer
- 1" titanium Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter matched with a 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn
- rear-firing bass-reflex port
- built-in 60-watt RMS amplifier
- frequency response: 62-21,000 Hz
- black textured woodgrain vinyl finish
- Axiim LINK HD transmitter required
- 7"W x 13-5/16"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 10.2 lbs.
Klipsch RW-34C center channel speaker:
- four 3-1/2" copper spun Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofers
- 1" aluminum Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter matched with 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn
- 80-watt RMS amplifier
- frequency response: 82-21,000 Hz
- bass reflex enclosure with forward-firing Tractrix® ports
- black textured woodgrain vinyl finish
- Axiim LINK HD transmitter required
- 26"W x 5-1/4"H x 6-1/4"D
- weight: 14.3 lbs.
What's in the box:
- axiim LINK: Wireless home theater USB audio transmitter
- 40" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- LINK Guide
- Klipsch RW-51M:
- 2 Wireless powered speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Two 5' AC power cords
- Eight self-adhesive rubber feet
- User Manual
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Wireless 3.0 Sound System
3Ch WiSA Speaker System: This WiSA enabled speaker system consists of two Klipsch RW-51M wireless powered bookshelf speakers, a Klipsch RW-34C center-channel speaker, and the axiim LINK wireless USB audio transmitter to create a wireless 3.0ch speaker system. This wireless sound system is optimized with custom digital signal processing and dedicated amplifiers in each speaker that deliver maximum performance to your music and movie soundtracks. A WiSA Ready LG TV or compatible Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Mac computer is required to complete your system.
Note: Start with this 3ch WiSA speaker system from Klipsch and add on additional Klipsch Reference Wireless speakers ( RW-51M bookshelf speakers / RW-100SW powered sub) to create up to a 7.1ch speaker system.
WiSA Technology: Through the use of state-of-the-art WiSa (Wireless Speaker & Audio) technology, the Klipsch RW-51M speakers and the axiim LINK transmitter deliver unmatched wireless audio performance and ease-of-use. WiSA runs on a dedicated network separate from your in-home WiFi, meaning fewer slowdowns and dropouts. WiSa technology transmits 24-bit/48kHz audio with robust error recovery for uninterrupted listening enjoyment. With extremely low latency (5.1 milliseconds) and negligible speaker-to-speaker delay (+/-1.0 microseconds), it offers flawless wired-quality performance and reliability. WiSa technology reliably transmits uncompressed audio from 2ch stereo to 7.1ch surround, along with system configuration and calibration data - all wirelessly. It has a range of approximately 30'.
Note: In some cases wireless WiFi routers can cause interference with a WiSA system. One fix for this is to configure your router (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz) to a fixed channel instead of using the default "automatic" setting. In most cases, customers no longer will experience drop-outs after this.
axiim LINK Wireless USB Audio Transmitter: The axiim LINK is a wireless multi-channel USB audio transmitter with WiSA technology. The axiim LINK connects to select WiSA Ready 2019 LG TVs, the Xbox One, a Windows PC 10, or App Mac computer through a USB cable, and then wirelessly delivers up to 7.1 channels of uncompressed 24-bit/48kHz audio to the included Klipsch Reference Wireless Series speakers. The axiim LINK features a microUSB 2.0 high speed (480Mbps) data port and comes with a 40" microUSB-to-USB cable that plugs into a free USB port on your compatible LG TV, Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Mac computer.
- 2019 LG OLED & NanoCell TVs: Connect the LINK to a 2019 LG OLED or NanoCell TV with the provided USB cable. Use the TV's on-screen guide to setup your WiSA wireless speakers and enjoy a 2ch stereo or 5.1 home theater experience.
- Xbox One, Windows 10, & Mac: Connect the LINK to an Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Apple Mac computer with the provided USB cable; then use the LINK mobile app to configure your wireless speaker system. Enjoy up to 7.1 channels of immersive HD audio. X box One, Windows 10, and Mac devices are not WiSA Ready and may require additional software, firmware, security, and/or hardware to function with WiSA certified speakers.
- Only one compatible source device can be utilized. Up to a 7.1ch speaker system is supported (LG TVs are limited to either 2ch or 5.1ch).
- The axiim LINK supports 2ch PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD. It can even upmix 5.1ch content to 7.1ch, as well as downmix 7.1ch content to 5.1ch - depending on the number of WiSA certifed speakers in your system.
- The axxim LINK does not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. However, it will downmix these immersive 3D audio formats to one of the supported formats.
Klipsch Reference Wireless Series Speakers: This WiSA system includes two RW-51M bookshelf speakers and one RW-34C center-channel speaker that are part of Klipsch's Refrence Wireless Series allowing you to create a wireless speaker system through the use of the included axiim LINK wireless USB audio transmitter and a WiSA Ready LG TV or compatible Xbox One, Windows 10 PC or Mac computer - all without the use of an AV receiver or speaker wires. The RW-51M and RW-34 speakers deliver legendary Klipsch sound with incredible detail and dynamics.
- Built-in Amplification: Each speaker employs a built-in, ultra-low noise amplifier for dynamic, room-filling sound. The built-in amplifiers have been custom deigned to maximize driver performance and eliminate the need for external amplification. The amplifier in each bookshelf speaker is rated at 60W (RMS) / 120W (Peak), while the amplifier in the center speaker is rated at 80W (RMS) / 160W (Peak)
- Two-Way Driver Design: The Klipsch Reference Wireless Series speakers deliver room-filling sound from a two-way driver design. Each speaker includes a 1" aluminum diaphragm compression driver with a Linear Travel Suspensions (LTS) mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn, plus a copper spun IMG woofer. Each bookshelf speaker has a single 5.25" woofer, while the center-channel speaker uses four 3.5" woofers.
- Linear Travel Suspension (LTS): Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) aluminum tweeter minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. Using Kapton, an extremely light and rigid material, in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
- 90x90 Tractrix Horn: Klipsch exclusive 90x90º Tractrix horn technology ensures the high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology gives you the best clarity, dynamics, and detail from your movies and music.
- Copper Spun IMG Woofer: Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofer cones are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
- Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch Reference Wireless Series speakers employ a bass reflex enclosure for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Each bookshelf speaker has a rear-firing port, while the center speaker has two front-firing ports. The ported enclosures feature a MDF cabinet finished with a a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl. The rigid MDF cabinets utilize internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound. Each speaker also comes with a low profile magnetic grille.
Intuitive Control: The WiSA system can be setup and controlled from the LINK mobile app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. The axiim LINK also supports IR commands from universal remote controls (sold separately).
- LINK Mobile App: The LINK mobile app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) provides complete control and fine tune adjustment of your WiSA enabled audio system through your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The app's advanced features allow you to adjust volume trim on each independent speaker, adjust EQ settings, and more. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device must be wirelessly connected to the axiim LINK via Bluetooth 4.2 LE (Low Energy).
- Speaker Setup: Indicate the number of speakers you are wirelessly connecting. Choose from 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, or 7.1ch
- Volume Level: You can adjust the overall speaker system volume from 0 to 100, as well as adjust the volume level of each speaker in the system independently. There is also a Mute function that is applied to all speakers.
- Equalizer: A 10-band EQ can be applied globally to all speakers or individually adjusted per speaker. The 10-band EQ consists of 31, 62, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8, and 16k Hz bands that are adjustable from -10 to +10 dB. There are also EQ presets (such as Rock, Jazz, Klipsch Optimized, Custom, etc.).
- IR Receiver: The axiim LINK features a front-panel IR receiver which allows integration with a universal remote control (such as the Logitech Harmony or Xbox One remote). The universal remote will only provide basic control functions, such as Power and Volume. The LG TV magic remote cannot be used to control the axiim LINK since it operates via RF and not IR.
- Klipsch Reference Wireless Speakers: The bookshelf and center speakers can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. The speakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker. The bookshelf speakers do not support wall-mounting. The center speaker features two 1/4"-20 threaded inserts for use with optional wall-mount brackets (sold separately - two wall-brackets will be required).
- axiim LINK Transmitter: The axiim LINK wireless multi-channel USB audio transmitter features a scratch-resistant, non-skid silicone rubber base for stable placement on a tabletop, stand, shelf or other flat surface. The axiim LINK also features an integrated magnetic base that allows you to conveniently attach the wireless multi-channel USB audio transmitter to your TV stand, wall-mount, or other magnetic surface.
- Klipsch Reference Wireless Speakers: Each Klipsch Reference Wireless Series speaker comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into the back of the speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- axiim LINK Transmitter: The axiim LINK is powered via its USB connection (no separate AC power adapter required). The LINK receives its power from the USB port (5V1.5A) on your compatible LG TV, Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Mac computer.
Firmware Updates: Firmware updates are done wirelessly through the LINK mobile app for the axiim LINK transmitter and the Klipsch Reference Wireless Series speakers.
2 questions already asked