About the Denon HEOS 5.1 Home Theater System
Wireless surround sound that wows
Wireless surround sound that wows
The system includes a HEOS Bar, HEOS Subwoofer, and two HEOS 1 speakers.
The reason we're offering this bundle is simple. When Denon recently played their wireless HEOS 5.1 home theater system in Crutchfield's large, open training room, we loved what we heard. The HEOS Bar delivers clear, spacious sound from your TV. The matching HEOS Subwoofer provides clean, high-impact bass. The two HEOS 1 wireless speakers provide the rear channels that put you in the center of the action.
This 5.1 system can connect to HEOS wireless speakers and components in other rooms. Send sound from your TV in the living room to a speaker in the kitchen, or have every speaker in your home play your latest Spotify® playlist.
Ready for your 4K TV and devices
The HEOS Bar has four HDMI inputs that are 4K and HDR-ready, so it's compatible with newer video sources and TVs. You can connect a cable/satellite box, 4K Blu-ray player, streaming device, and/or game console. And the HDMI output sends video to your 4K Ultra HD TV (or 1080p HDTV) while the sound plays through the powerful bar.
There are also other digital and analog audio inputs, and a USB port for playing music from a thumb drive. All of which you can stream to other HEOS speakers in your multi-room audio system.
The HEOS Bar has a pair of drivers dedicated to each of the front three channels. This keeps dialogue front and center. Speech is clear and easy to understand — even as special effects are wide and expansive. Denon included special processing to help simulate spacious surround sound.
Each HEOS 1 speaker has a built-in woofer and tweeter, powered by dual Class D amplifiers. A ported enclosure helps fill out the sound.
The HEOS Subwoofer features dual custom 5-1/4" drivers with advanced Class-D amplification to give you accurate yet powerful low-frequency sound. The low-resonance cabinet further ensures clean sound, with a tuned port optimized for acoustic fidelity.
The HEOS bar can sit on a cabinet under your TV, or it can be mounted on your wall — you can flip it around for placement above or below the screen. The HEOS Bar's six built-in drivers are angled to deliver clean, balanced sound, whichever way you position it.
The sub and surrounds use AC power, so they'll need to be near wall outlets. But you still have many placement options. The sub can stand upright to fit snugly against a cabinet or wall. Or place it sideways to fit under a chair or sofa. The HEOS 1 speakers also connect to the Bar wirelessly, so you can place them where they'll sound best.
Easy Wi-Fi setup and control with HEOS
Set up is simple. Download the free HEOS control app to your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to the HEOS Bar using the special setup cable. With a few taps of the app, your Wi-Fi settings are automatically transferred. When you unplug the cable, you'll have full wireless control of the sound bar. Pairing the Bar with the Subwoofer and HEOS 1 speakers are equally simple.
HEOS gives you tons of music options
HEOS will play pretty much anything in your music library, from MP3s to high-resolution files. HEOS also gives you access to music services like Spotify®, Deezer, and more. Plus, the HEOS Bar has built-in Bluetooth, so anything you can play on your phone can also be played through this speaker — and other components in a HEOS multi-room system.
Grow your system with more HEOS products in other rooms
HEOS has earned rave reviews for sound quality, quick setup, and easy operation. Once our customers get into it, they often come back for more. For good reason — there's a sound solution for every room:
HEOS 7 - The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor plans.
HEOS 5 - This mid-sized speaker is perfect for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom.
HEOS 3 - Set up this HEOS speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS Amp - Add HEOS to any pair of regular passive speakers with this amplified player.
HEOS Link - Enjoy HEOS through your stereo system or powered speakers.
HEOS multi-room system:
- free app for Apple®, Android™, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- powered 3-channel sound bar with six built-in speakers
- drivers mounted at 45-degree angle for placement above or below TV
- HDMI connections are compatible with 4K/HDR TVs and devices
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® allows connection to your wireless home network for HEOS multi-room music
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for 4K broadcast and streaming content
- HDMI ARC for a single-cable connection to your compatible TV
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- 3.5mm input for setup and connecting a portable music player (minijack cable included)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router
- remote control included
- 43-3/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 5-7/8"D
- dual custom 5-1/4" woofers
- Class-D digital amplifier for accurate sound
- communicates with other HEOS speakers via wireless network or wired Ethernet connection
- can sit upright or lay flat
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 6-7/8"W x 16"H x 17-3/8"D (vertical placement)
- weight: 22.27 lbs.
Two HEOS 1 speakers (each):
- two built-in drivers (one woofer and one tweeter) powered by dual Class D amplifiers
- ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- threaded insert for wall-mounting (with optional bracket)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive (FAT16 or FAT32 formats); music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 5-1/16"W x 7-7/16"H x 5-1/16"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- direct 5GHz-band connection from bar to surround speakers helps eliminate latency
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- HEOS requires high-speed internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
What's in the box:
- The Denon HEOS home theater system consists of the HEOS Bar and two white HEOS 1 (HS2) wireless powered speakers along with the HEOS Sub (all individually packaged).
- The Denon HEOS Bar box includes:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1212) CR2025 3V battery (pre installed in remote)
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 6.5' Optical digital cable
- 34" Proprietary minijack setup cable
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- 2 Extension feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall-Mount Template
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Extended Protection Plan
- HEOS Customer Service Team Card
- Spotify brochure
- Each Denon HEOS 1 (HS2) box includes:
- Network audio speaker (white)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 57" DC cord)
- 2-Prong AC power plug
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 34" Proprietary minijack cable
- Bottom cap (pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- "HEOS Customer Service Team" Card
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Spotify brochure
- The Denon HEOS Sub box includes:
- Wireless powered sub
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 34" Proprietary minijack setup cable
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- 4 Self-adhesive feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Extended Protection Plan
- HEOS Customer Service Team Card
More details on the Denon HEOS 5.1 Home Theater System
Bundle Overview: The Denon HEOS 5.1 Home Theater System includes the HEOS Bar, HEOS Subwoofer, and two HEOS 1 speakers.
Warranty: The Denon HEOS products are covered by the full manufacturer's warranty for the following terms:
- HEOS Bar: 2 Years
- HEOS Sub: 2 Years
- HEOS 1: 2 Years
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound: The HEOS wireless multi-room audio eco-system consists of a family of wireless network speakers, AV receivers, amplifiers, and pre-amplifiers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need.
- Denon's HEOS network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers
- a wireless (Wi-Fi) home network with internet connection
- an Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (Wi-Fi) network
- the free HEOS by Denon app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS system uses your home's wireless (Wi-Fi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The HEOS Bar can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (Wi-Fi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect the HEOS Bar to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen of the app.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HEOS Bar wirelessly to your home's Wi-Fi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HEOS Bar. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the speaker via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A Wi-Fi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
Hi-Res and Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS speakers and receivers at once, each HEOS speaker and receiver must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- HEOS Gen 2: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products, like the HEOS Bar, will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product; without any down-sampling.
- HEOS Gen 1: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products, like the HEOS Bar, will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 product.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year).
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the HEOS Bar. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
DLNA Certified: The HEOS Bar is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the HEOS Bar. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Multi-Room Configuration: By combining the HEOS Bar with other Denon HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers, you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same audio source (other than your connected TV) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The Denon HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receiver, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system - soundbar inputs (HDMI/Optical/Coax/Aux), compatible online music services, DLNA music servers, Bluetooth audio, compatible music files stored on a USB mass storage class device, and music on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group 16 rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to play multiple HEOS systems together, so you're simultaneously outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to the HEOS Bar via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (4.0+) device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (Wi-Fi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass and Treble (-5 to +5) and Audio Delay (0-500ms). If you add the HEOS Sub or HEOS wireless speakers you can adjust the level and distance of each from within the app.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and HDMI, Digital (optical/coaxial), or Aux inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the HEOS Bar. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've save, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, and mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS and Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, and SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS Home Entertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Google Assistant Support (via firmware update): Ask your Google Home, the Google app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
- A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- Click here for more info on Google Assistant for HEOS.
IR Remote: The included IR remote offers wireless operation of the HEOS Bar. Remote functions include Power, Volume, Mute, Quick Select Buttons (1-6), and Playback Control. The Quick Select buttons (1-6) let you call up settings registered to each button - such as input source, volume level, and sound mode settings. Playback control functions include Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
IR Learning: Thanks to IR remote learning capability, you can even control the HEOS Bar with your TV remote controller. Control functions include Power on/off and Volume up/down.
Built-in IR Repeater: Depending on your TV model or installation location, the remote control receiver on the TV may be hidden by the HEOS Bar, preventing the remote control from being used because the remote control signals cannot reach the TV. The HEOS Bar has a built-in IR repeater on the front and back which allows it to receive your TV's IR signal and pass it through to your TV.
Input Management: Once you have connected external audio sources to any of the HEOS Bar's inputs, you can rename the default input names to describe the actual source or hide any inputs that are not being used.
Standby Modes: The HEOS Bar by Denon features two standby modes to save power.
- Network Standby: To save power, the speaker system will automatically enter "Network Standby" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Network Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
HEOS Bar: The HEOS Bar by Denon delivers exceptional performance to enhance the sound from your TV or Blu-ray player, plus has the ability to act as an audio streaming solution - all while retaining the elegance of a slim-line soundbar. The HEOS Bar delivers exceptional performance with state of the art signal processing, amplification, and 9 high-performance drivers. The HEOS Bar lets you experience thrilling movie soundtracks and high resolution music streaming.
3.0/5.1ch Setup: By itself, the HEOS Bar is a 3.0 channel soundbar with dedicated left, right, and center speaker channels for optimal sound from a single speaker. With the wireless HEOS Sub, with its bigger bass and greater impact, and the two wireless rear HEOS speakers you have a 5.1 channel home theater system with its more immersive soundfield. You can even wirelessly connect the HEOS Amp (sold separately) to a pair of passive speakers for rear surrounds.
Note: The HEOS Sub and HEOS Speakers wirelessly connect to the HEOS Bar via a direct 2.4GHz wireless transmission (up to 30').
9-Driver Array w/ Class D Amplification: The HEOS Bar employs three 1.5" tweeters and six 2"x5" mid woofers for a 9 driver array. Each channel (Left, Right, Center), of the HEOS Bar features one tweeter and two mid woofers. Six channels of high efficiency, cool-running Class D digital bi-amplification delivers pristine sound, wide dynamic range, and low distortion. The HEOS Bar's bass reflex enclosure features two rear firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response.
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio: The HEOS Bar supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital, and DTS through HDMI. It also supports Dolby Digital and DTS through its Optical and Coaxial digital inputs.
High Resolution and Compressed Music Formats: The HEOS Bar supports compatibility with high-resolution audio files for the ultimate listening experience over DLNA or USB. Listen to uncompressed WAV (PCM), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music files up to 24-bit/192-kHz; as well as DSD (2.8/5.6MHz). HEOS is also compatible with compressed music files; such as MP3, WMA, and AAC (MPEG4).
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: Compatibility with AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format) high-resolutions music files will be supported later this year via a firmware/software update.
HDMI 2.0a: Featuring four HDMI inputs and one HDMI ARC output, the HEOS Bar incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, High Dynamic Range (HDR), BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling. The HEOS Bar also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz: The HEOS Bar supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI. There is no video resolution upscaling.
- HDCP 2.2: All of the soundbar's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): The HEOS Bar supports HDR 10. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 3D Ready: The HEOS Bar supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible TVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC compatible TV to the HEOS Bar through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your TV.
Note: Out of the box, the HEOS Bar is only compatible with HDR10. Through a future firmware update (scheduled for October 2017), the unit will also support Dolby Vision.
Digital and Analog Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the HEOS Bar is outfitted with digital (optical/coaxial) and analog (stereo minijack) audio inputs.
- Optical and Coaxial: For TVs without ARC via HDMI, you can connect the HEOS Bar via one of the two available digital audio connections; both optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital audio inputs are provided. These digital inputs support 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS.
- Minijack: Additionally, Denon has included a stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input jack that lets you connect the HEOS Bar to your TV without ARC or a digital output, or to a portable music player. This connection only supports 2ch PCM.
Note: The digital optical output of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
USB Port: The HEOS Bar is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the HEOS app includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
Note: It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the USB port of this unit using a USB cable.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The HEOS Bar offers built-in Bluetooth, so you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the soundbar speaker system. You can control basic playback function, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the included remote control. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album information is still done from your Bluetooth-enabled source device. Bluetooth audio can be streamed to only the soundbar, or distributed to other HEOS speakers and amplifiers over the network for multiroom audio playback.
Mounting Options: The HEOS Bar's elegant cosmetic design will match your style, your room, and your flat-panel HD or UHD TV. You can place the HEOS bar in the following methods:
- Tabletop: The HEOS Bar should be placed as close as possible to the TV screen. It should be centered left-to-right with the screen, and ideally no more than a few inches above or below. The most common location is below the screen. Sometimes this location can be difficult, because the base of the TV gets in the way. The HEOS Bar has set of extension feet that raise the HEOS Bar up 0.625", for a more stable and attractive installation when used with this type of TV. Dimensions when tabletop mounted are 43.3125" (w) x 2.875" (h) x 5.9375" (d).
- Wall-Mount: The HEOS Bar can be wall-mounted using the integrated keyhole mounts. A mounting template is included to assist with installation. Wall-mount screws are not included. Dimensions when wall-mounted are 43.3125" (w) x 5.9375" (h) x 2.875" (d). It weighs 10.58 pounds.
Power Requirements: The HEOS Bar will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector or power conditioner. It includes a detachable 6.5' AC power cord.
Two-Way Driver System: The HEOS 1 (HS2) features a two-way driver system, with a precision dome tweeter and wide-range mid-woofer. Two channels of high efficiency, cool-running Class D digital amplification delivers pristine sound, wide dynamic range with lowest distortion. The HEOS 1 (HS2) utilizes advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) to deliver full-range sound, with custom EQ sound tailoring that helps deliver a smooth, natural tonal balance. Dimensions: Width 4.9375", Height 7.4375", Depth 5.25", Weight 3.13 pounds.
Aux Input: The HEOS 1 (HS2) features a rear-panel 3.5mm AUX input for connection of almost any portable audio device with a headphone or audio output jack. The Aux input is selectable from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The sound from the analog audio device can be played directly on the selected speaker or digitized and sent over your network to other HEOS speakers and players.
Mounting Options: You can place the HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker almost anywhere you want to enjoy great sounding music. The compact enclosure features humidity resistance, making the HEOS 1 (HS2) ideal for listening in damp or steamy environments, such as the bathroom. The HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker can simply be placed on a table-top, or it can even be mounted on a wall or ceiling using the standard 1/4"-20 threaded insert on back of the speaker and an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). Please follow these simple guidelines when determining where to place the HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker.
- The speaker must be within range of your wireless network.
- The speaker must be near an AC power outlet.
- The HEOS speaker is designed to sound best when placed 3-12" from a wall.
- Locate the speaker at least 12" from a television, computer, or other display device to avoid the possibility of interference.
- Place the speaker across the room from where you will be listening, as close to ear level as possible.
Note: The HEOS speaker is not waterproof. Do not place it near any water source and do not leave it outside in the rain or snow.
Optional Go Pack: The HEOS Optional Go Pack (sold separately) features a high capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery that delivers 6 hours of playback time and provides a silicone splash guard to seal the jacks to protect from splashing water.
HEOS Sub: The HEOS Sub by Denon can be added to other HEOS products for a 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, or 5.1 speaker system. The HEOS Sub can even be added to the HEOS AVR, HEOS Amp, and HEOS Link.
- 1.1 Configuration: A 1.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub and one HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 speaker
- 2.1 Configuration: A 2.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub and two HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 speakers
- 3.1 Configuration: A 3.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub and the HEOS Bar soundbar speaker (sold separately).
- 5.1 Configuration: A 5.1 configuration would consist of the HEOS Sub, the HEOS Bar soundbar speaker and two HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 as rear speakers (all sold separately). Or the HEOS Sub, the HEOS AVR with passive front and center speakers, and two HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 as rear speakers (all sold separately).
Note: The HEOS Sub can only be used with the above HEOS products and cannot be used with non HEOS gear.
Dual Woofers w/ Class D Amplification: Two custom-made, front-firing 5.25" woofers in combination with sophisticated class D amplification deliver clean and clear, yet punchy bass. The proprietary DSP algorithms provide optimized low frequency response across the entire dynamic range.
Low Resonance Ported Cabinet: The HEOS Sub utilizes a low resonance cabinet with an optimized tuned rear-firing port for deeper, cleaner bass.
Audio Settings: Within the HEOS App, you'll find audio settings for different applications and configurations - such as crossover, phase, level, and distance.
- Low Pass Crossover: You can select factory-optimized low pass crossover points for your connected HEOS Bar, HEOS 1, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, or HEOS 7 speaker. In addition, if you have connected the HEOS Sub to a HEOS AVR or HEOS Amp with a set of loudspeakers you can manually adjust the low pass filter frequency from 40Hz to 250Hz.
- Phase: The Phase control allows you to select 0-degrees (normal) or 180-degrees (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
Mounting Options: The HEOS Sub has a unique design and stylish matte black finish that looks great any practically any room and with any decor. You can place it anywhere in your room, thanks to its wireless connectivity. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally (self-adhesive feet supplied for horizontal placement). Its also compact and slim enough fit under some sofa and couches.
- Vertical Dimensions: 6.8125" (w) x 15.9375" (h) x 18.375" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 15.9375"(w) x 6.8125" (h) x 18.375" (d)
- Weight: 22.27 pounds
Note: The HEOS Sub must be within range of your wireless network.
Standby Modes: The HEOS Sub by Denon features two standby modes to save power.
- Network Standby: To save power, the HEOS Sub will automatically enter "Network Standby" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Network Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The HEOS Sub also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Power Requirements: The HEOS Sub will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. It comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord.