About the Bose® L1 Model 1S System with B2 Bass Module Package
Big Bose sound in a compact package
Big Bose sound in a compact package
You'll get an impressively loud, clear sound from this sleek tower PA loudspeaker system from Bose. Their L1 Model 1S package consists of a 12-element articulated speaker array that extends over 6 feet above its power stand, along with a bass module containing two 10" woofers. This system will work perfectly for a small auditorium or nightclub, or for a small acoustic or solo act, or a DJ performing for audiences of up to about 300 people.
Bose's Spatial Dispersion™ loudspeaker technology gives the L1 Model 1S more than 180 degrees of horizontal coverage, so audience members off to the sides will hear the same sound as those front and center. In fact, many musicians position their Bose L1S array behind themselves on stage, so they hear exactly the same mix that the audience will hear, eliminating the need for a floor monitor. The B2 bass module fills in the low end of your music, so everyone can really feel the beat.
The L1 Model 1S's power stand includes two amplifiers that power the speaker array and the separate B2 bass module. The connection cable is included in the package. While not quite "plug and play," the system components all plug together without needing additional wiring, except for a single balanced 1/4" input connection. There are options for adding an external powered sub and for plugging in a Bose ToneMatch digital mixer.
Technical note: This L1 system has a single balanced line-level analog input, along with the digital ToneMatch connection. In order to reinforce the sound for vocals and/or multiple instruments, a separate audio mixer is required.
Set up safety feature
The power stand features a safety lever that prevents the L1 array from getting assembled without the power stand's legs being fully extended, for onstage stability. The legs are also linked together so when you extend one, the other legs swing out automatically.
You won't mind toting this PA around. The disassembled components are quite manageable in size and weight. The power stand in its carrying bag weighs under 25 pounds, while the speaker array and extension in their carrying bag weigh under 25 pounds. The B2 weighs in at 45 pounds. And of course the whole system will fit in almost any trunk or back seat for transport.
- portable PA system
- for audiences of up to 300 people
- 12-element articulated line array speaker plus bass module with two 10" speakers
- speaker array and extension plug together and into the power stand
- power stand includes amplifiers and connections for speaker array and bass module
- analog input: 1/4" TRS
- digital input: ToneMatch port (for optional Bose T1 ToneMatch audio engine or T4S ToneMatch Mixer)
- signal/clip indicator and input trim control
- built-in carrying handle on power stand and B2 bass module
- slip cover for bass module, and carrying bags for power stand, array, and extension included
- speaker array:
- dimensions: 43-1/2" H x 3-1/2" W x 4" D
- weight: 16.3 lbs.
- speaker extension:
- dimensions: 39-5/8" H x 4-3/16" W x 4-3/16" D
- weight: 8.5 lbs.
- power stand:
- dimensions: 5" H x 10" W x 27" D
- weight: 23.7 lbs.
- B2 bass module:
- dimensions: 23-7/16" H x 13-5/16" W x 18-15/16" D
- weight: 45 lbs.
- assembled height: 79.4" (6' 7")
- total weight: 93.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 359374-0010
What's in the box:
- This package contains three separate boxes that include the following parts:
- L1 Power stand
- Bottom speaker extension
- Top speaker array
- B2 Bass module
- Bass module cable (4-wire)
- AC Power cord
- L1 Power stand carry-bag
- B2 Bass module cover
- Top array and bottom extension carry-bag
- Quick setup guide
- Owner's guide
- B2 Bass module owner's guide
- Product registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® L1 Model 1S System with B2 Bass Module Package
Features & specs
|Line inputs||(1) 1/4" TRS|
|Number of speakers||2|
|Drivers per speaker||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||(2) 10"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||(12) 2.25"|
|System Frequency response||40-12kHz|
Overview: The Bose L1 Model 1S is a powered, portable two-way loudspeaker system featuring a 12-driver articulated line array speaker tower and a B2 bass module, all of which can be assembled and disassembled quickly for easy setup and portability. Designed to provide full, high-quality sound for an audience up to 300 people, the L1 Model 1S is ideal for a wide range of indoor applications such as houses of worship, schools, business presentations, mobile DJs, and live music performances.
Speakers: The L1 Model 1S features a two-section speaker "tower" that includes twelve 2-1/4" high-frequency drivers arranged in an articulated array that stands 79.4" tall when fully assembled. The system also includes a B2 bass module, with two 10" low-frequency drivers. The combination provides wide, uniform sound throughout the listening area, with 195˚ of horizontal and 10˚ of vertical coverage area. The articulated driver array provides less drop off in sound pressure level, when doubling the listening distance, than a conventional driver arrangement.
Inputs and Outputs: The Bose portable speaker system Power Stand includes a single 1/4" TRS input jack (balanced/unbalanced) that can accept an instrument or other audio source. Additional jacks include; an NL4 Bass Module Out, for connecting the B2 bass module using the included 4-wire bass module cable; and a ToneMatch port. This RJ-45 port allows digital audio and power connection of an optional Bose ToneMatch audio engine (sold separately).
Controls and Indicators: The top panel of the L1 Power Stand module includes the input and output jacks along with the main power switch and AC power connection. Other controls and indicators include:
- Power/Fault LED: Indicates the power status.
- Blue: System is on.
- Red: System fault is present.
- Trim: This dial adjusts the signal level of the audio input.
- Signal/Clip LED: Working in conjunction with the Trim dial, this
LED indicates the status of the input signal.
- Green: Normal input level.
- Yellow: Input signal is approaching the clip point.
- Red: Input signal is clipping.
Portability: Designed for portability, the L1 Model 1S can be broken down into 3 major parts for transportation and stowage.
- The L1 Power Stand: Includes its own carry-bag and features 4 retractable legs that can be easily folded up for transportation and unfolded for use. As a safety feature, the Top and Bottom Array extensions can't be installed into the Power Stand until the retractable legs are fully extended, providing maximum stability.
- Bottom and Top Array Extensions: These two pieces simply snap together and can be transported in their own included carry-bag.
- B2 Bass Module: Features an integrated carry-handle in the top of the enclosure and includes a protective cover.
Tone Match Mixer Compatibility: The Bose L1 Model 1S can be used with Bose's optional T4S ToneMatch audio engine (sold separately). This provides additional input channels and digital signal processing for customizing your sound. The T4S audio engine includes a proprietary cable for plugging it into the Power Stand, providing both power for the T4S as well as signal input and output.
- System Power Rating: 375 Watts
- Low-Frequency Amplifier: 250 Watts
- High-Frequency Amplifier: 125 Watts
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 40Hz - 12kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 32Hz - 14kHz
- Distortion at Rated Power: 0.1% Max (30Hz - 15kHz)
- Maximum SPL (@ 1M): 112 dB SPL (118 dB SPL peak)
- Top Array: Twelve 2.25" HF drivers
- B2 Bass Module: Two 10" LF drivers
- Crossover Frequency: 200Hz (24 dB/octave)
- Nominal Dispersion: 195˚ H x 10˚ V
- Input: One 1/4" (TS unbalanced or TRS balanced)
- Trim (1/4" Input): +14 dB @ max
- Channel Gain: -50 dB to +28 dB (line)
- Maximum Input Signal: +24 dBu (balanced)
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ +/- 10% (unbalanced)
- L1 Power Stand: Width - 26.0", Height - 79.4", Depth - 27.2"
- B2 Bass Module: Width - 23.4", Height - 13.3", Depth - 18.9"
- L1 Power Stand: 23.7 lbs.
- B2 Bass Module: 45 lbs.