Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One Speakers
Includes Sonos Beam and two Sonos Onespeakers with built-in Amazon Alexa and Sonos Sub (White)
Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One Speakers - White Beam - top-mounted control buttons
Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One Speakers - White Beam - fits under most stand-mounted TVs (TV not included)
Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One Speakers - Connects wirelessly with all Sonos products (available separately, smartphone not included)
Our take on the Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One Speakers by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Immersive TV sound and Amazon Alexa
The Sonos Beam 5.1 home theater system can surround you with detailed, realistic sound. It features the new Sonos Beam sound bar for the front channels, two Sonos One speakers for the rear surrounds, and a Sonos Sub for deep bass. You can stream music from online music services, internet radio stations, or your computer. Plus, the Beam has Amazon Alexa built-in. So you can operate the system, other Sonos speakers, and all your Alexa-compatible devices with just your voice.
The Beam connects to your TV's HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port with an included cable. If your TV doesn't have this kind of HDMI connection, Sonos has included an adapter cable for connecting to your television's optical digital output.
The powered Sub connects wirelessly, so you can place it anywhere in the room that's near a wall outlet. Two Sonos One Play serve as the surround channels to complete the wraparound movie theater experience. And because these powered speakers also make a wireless connection to the Beam, you can place them without running cables to the back of the room. (Just remember, they'll need AC power, too.)
You can set up a home theater system with the Beam, the Sub, and One speakers as surrounds, all without making a wired connection to your router. However, for challenging Wi-Fi® environments we recommend adding the optional Sonos Boost (not included) to make a stable wireless connection.
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Beam has a five-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the action movie soundtrack is cranking. And an LED indicator lets you know when the mic's off for privacy. A responsive chime lets you know Alexa's listening and has heard your commands.
Each Sonos One speaker also has Amazon Alexa built-in, and a six-mic array. When paired with the Beam, Alexa's disabled in the Sonos Ones. If you place your Sonos Ones in different rooms, Alexa will be active, and you'll have voice control options in up to three rooms.
Selecting music with Alexa is simple. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And of course, you can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
Control other devices with your voice
The Beam (and Sonos One speakers) lets you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone to set up your “skills.” These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as a Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Once complete, your Beam and Alexa are ready to serve you. Just tell it what you want, such as "Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network."
Voice, touch, and app commands together
Control your Beam any way you like. Tell Alexa to play a track. Pause it with your smartphone. Start it playing again with the speaker's top-mounted control buttons. You have total control of the Beam, even when you're not in the room. And you can do the same with your unpaired Sonos One speakers.
Expand to any (or every) room
The four components in this bundle can also form the core of your own Sonos multi-room wireless audio system — or represent a major addition to one if you already have Sonos in your home. Place Sonos players like the Play:1, or the larger Play:5 in every room where you want to listen to music.
And with your Beam sound bar as part of a Sonos multi-room system, you can send sound from your connected TV to other Sonos speakers all around your house.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune your wireless surround sound system with Sonos's handy Trueplay feature. It uses the microphone built into your mobile device to measure how the sound reflects [this feels like an unfinished thought] off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room. Then it fine-tunes the Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's the list of music services you can control with Alexa (updated May 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi® or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™ device, or computer with the free Sonos app
- Sonos control app
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets, Windows® PCs, and Mac® computers
- play the same song on multiple Sonos speakers, or have different music playing on each one
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to match your room's sonic characteristics for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible smartphones
- Apple AirPlay® lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad®
- plays streaming internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 5 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (1 tweeter, 4 full-range woofers)
- 3 passive radiators for enhanced bass output
- connects to your TV's HDMI ARC port via an included cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- optical digital audio adapter included as secondary connection option
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- built-in array of 5 far-field microphones
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music playback
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- 25-5/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 6.2 lbs.
- dual force-canceling woofers positioned face to face for for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the Sub with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
Two Sonos One speakers (each):
- two built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- voice control is disabled when speakers are paired with Beam
- built-in array of 6 far-field microphones per speaker
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D