About the Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One SL Speakers
Immersive TV sound and voice control your way
Immersive TV sound and voice control your way
The Sonos Beam 5.1 home theater system can surround you with detailed, realistic sound. It features the Sonos Beam sound bar for the front channels, two Sonos One SL speakers for the surrounds, and a Sonos Sub for deep bass. You can stream music from online music services, internet radio stations, or your computer.
You can operate the system, other Sonos speakers, and compatible devices just by talking to the Beam. It has both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant built-in. You choose which is the default.
The Beam connects to your TV's HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port with an included cable. If your TV doesn't have this kind of HDMI connection, Sonos has included an adapter cable for connecting to your television's optical digital output.
The powered Sub connects wirelessly, so you can place it anywhere in the room that's near a wall outlet. Two Sonos One SL speakers serve as the surround channels to complete the wraparound movie theater sound experience. And because these powered speakers also make a wireless connection to the Beam, you can place them without running cables to the back of the room. (Just remember, they'll need AC power, too.)
You can set up a home theater system with the Beam, the Sub, and Sonos One SL speakers as surrounds, all without making a wired connection to your router. However, for challenging Wi-Fi® environments we recommend adding the optional Sonos Boost (not included) to make a stable wireless connection.
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Beam has a five-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure it hears your commands. Tell Alexa or Google Assistant to mix and match from Spotify®, Deezer, TuneIn internet radio, and more. You can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
Selecting music to play is now easier than ever. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And of course, you can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
The Beam lets you access many of the services Alexa and Google Assistant have to offer.
The free Amazon Alexa app lets you set up "skills." These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Expand to any (or every) room
The four components in this bundle can also form the core of your own Sonos multi-room wireless audio system — or represent a major addition to one if you already have Sonos in your home. Place Sonos players like the Sonos One or the larger Play:5 in every room where you want to listen to music.
And with your Beam sound bar as part of a Sonos multi-room system, you can send sound from your connected TV to other Sonos speakers all around your house.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Beam has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you run the Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune your wireless surround sound system with Sonos's handy Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your mobile device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. Then it adjusts the speaker settings automatically for the best possible sound.
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi® or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™ device, or computer with the free Sonos app
General voice control functions (common to both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant):
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- get weather reports, news updates, time, sports and stock reports
- select streaming music services such as Spotify, Pandora, and Deezer (subscriptions required for some services)
- select radio stations through iHeartRadio or TuneIn Radio
- control compatible smart home products
- Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant selectable as default voice control
Sonos control app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- play the same song on multiple Sonos speakers, or have different music playing on each one
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays songs and podcasts from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, TIDAL, and more
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- plays streaming internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 5 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (1 tweeter, 4 full-range woofers)
- 3 passive radiators
- connects to your TV's HDMI ARC port via an included cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- optical digital audio adapter included as secondary connection option
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- built-in array of 5 far-field microphones
- 25-5/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 6.2 lbs.
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the Sub with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
Two Sonos One SL speakers (each):
- two built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos Beam 5.1 Home Theater System with Sonos One SL Speakers