Sonos Beam 5.0 Home Theater System with Play:1 Speakers
Includes Sonos Beam with Amazon Alexa and Apple® AirPlay® 2, plus two Sonos Play:1 speakers (Black Bar/White Surrounds)
Sonos Beam 5.0 Home Theater System with Play:1 Speakers - White - use Play:1 speakers for wireless rear channels
Sonos Beam 5.0 Home Theater System with Play:1 Speakers - Black - fits easily under most stand-mounted TVs (TV not included)
Sonos Beam 5.0 Home Theater System with Play:1 Speakers - Black - top-mounted control buttons (TV not included)
Our take on the Sonos Beam 5.0 Home Theater System with Play:1 Speakers by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Spacious TV sound and Amazon Alexa
The Sonos Beam 5.0 home theater system delivers detailed, spacious sound. It features the new Sonos Beam sound bar for the front channels and two Play:1 speakers for the rear surrounds. Or place each Play:1 in a separate room for a multi-room audio system. You can stream music from online music services, internet radio stations, or your computer. Plus, the Beam has Amazon Alexa built-in. So you can operate the system, other Sonos speakers, and all your Alexa-compatible devices with just your voice.
The Beam connects to your TV's HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port with an included cable. If your TV doesn't have this kind of HDMI connection, Sonos has included an adapter cable for connecting to your television's optical digital output.
The two Play:1 speakers serve as the surround channels to give you true wraparound sound. And because these powered speakers make a wireless connection to the Beam, you can place them without running cables to the back of the room. (Just remember that they'll need AC power.)
Wireless convenience and performance
You can set up a home theater system with the Beam and Play:1 speakers all without making a wired connection to your router. However, for challenging Wi-Fi® environments we recommend adding the optional Sonos Boost (not included) to make a more stable wireless connection.
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Beam has a five-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the action movie soundtrack is cranking. And an LED indicator lets you know when the mic's off for privacy. A responsive chime lets you know Alexa's listening and has heard your commands.
Selecting music to play is now easier than ever. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And of course, you can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
Control other devices with your voice
The Beam lets you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone to set up your “skills.” These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Once complete, your Beam and Alexa are ready to serve you. Just tell it what you want, such as "Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network."
Voice, touch, and app commands together
Control your Beam any way you like. Tell Alexa to play a track. Pause it with your smartphone. Start it playing again with the speaker's top-mounted control buttons. You have total control of the Beam, even when you're not in the room.
Expand to any (or every) room
The three components in this bundle can also form the core of your own Sonos multi-room wireless audio system — or represent a major addition to one if you already have Sonos in your home. Place Sonos players like the Sonos One, Play:1, or the larger Play:5 in every room where you want to listen to music.
And with your Beam sound bar as part of a Sonos multi-room system, you can send sound from your connected TV to other Sonos speakers all around your house.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Beam has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune your wireless surround sound system with Sonos's handy Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your mobile device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. Then it adjusts the speakers' settings automatically for the best possible sound.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's the list of music services you can control with Alexa (updated June 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi® or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™ device, or computer with the free Sonos app
- Sonos control app
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
- play the same song on multiple Sonos speakers, or have different music playing on each one
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible smartphones
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- plays streaming internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 5 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (1 tweeter, 4 full-range woofers)
- 3 passive radiators
- connects to your TV's HDMI ARC port via an included cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- optical digital audio adapter included as secondary connection option
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- built-in array of 5 far-field microphones
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music playback
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- 25-5/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 6.2 lbs.
Two Play:1 speakers (each):
- two built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- 1/4" threaded mount for wall placement
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Why did you buy this?
Adding music in four rooms in the house for living and entertainment purposes. Alexa control is a big plus, especially when they mounted high on the wall and we are trying to stare at our phone screens less. [ T Nov 22, 2018 ]
Nice package for tv room and flexibility to move speakers to other rooms. [ James R. Jul 22, 2018 ]
It complements my other speakers [ Belinda Oct 13, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
We do not have the information on the watts these wireless speakers have running them. Sonos has provided that information. If you are concerned about getting the sound you seek from these speakers, you can call an advisor on 1-800-324-9695 to discuss your preferences to get a personal recommendation My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul [ Paul Nov 19, 2018 ] Staff