About the Outdoor Sound System
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
An outdoor sound system that blends into your landscaping
This outdoor sound system lets you fill your backyard or commercial patio space with music. The included amplifier offers 300 watts per channel — plenty of power for the six included Bose® FreeSpace® 360P II speakers. There's even 500 feet of burial-rated speaker wire, so you can hide everything out of sight, and just enjoy the music.
- customizable, weather-resistant outdoor sound system
- 500 feet of burial-rated speaker wire included
- system warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL CSA 2300Z Amplifier:
- 300 watts x 2
- RCA input connector sums unbalanced sources to mono
- 3-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock balanced input
- RJ-45 connector for JBL CSR-V remote control module or RS232 controller
- 70/100V switch activates 70Hz high pass filter
- 17"W x 3-1/2"H x 10-13/16"D
- weight: 17.8 lbs.
Six Bose® FreeSpace® 360p II Speakers:
- weather-resistant 4-1/2" advance composite environmental full-range driver
- can be mounted above ground or partially buried
- domed grille offers 360° horizontal sound dispersion
- handles 80 watts continuous program power
- 70/100-volt transformer taps at 10, 20, 40 and 80 watts
- frequency response: 70-10,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 87dB
- 106dB maximum SPL
- 14-1/2" diameter x 14-15/16" height
- weight: 14.5 lbs.
What's in the box:
- The Outdoor Sound System bundle consists of a JBL CSA2300Z amplifier with six Bose FreeSpace 360 in-ground outdoor speakers and 500 feet of Metra Ethereal direct burial speaker cable.
- The CSA2300Z amplifier box includes:
- Power cord (3-pin IEC)
- Two 3-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors
- 2 Rack ears
- Owner's manual
- Each of the six FreeSpace 360 speaker boxes includes:
- One outdoor speaker
- 8 Wire-nuts
- Installation guide
- The Ethereal speaker wire box includes:
- 500' Roll of 14AWG / 2-conductor direct burial speaker wire
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Outdoor Sound System
Overview: This Outdoor Sound System consists of a JBL CSA2300Z amplifier, and six Bose FreeSpace 360 in-ground outdoor loudspeakers. A 500-foot roll of direct burial-rated speaker wire is also included.
Warranty Information: The items in the bundle are covered by Bose's warranty for the following terms:
- CSA2300Z: 3 Years
- FreeSpace 360: 5 Years
- Ethereal speaker wire: Lifetime
Overview: The JBL CSA2300Z is a 2-channel installed amplifier with 300 watts of output power from each channel. The amplifier is designed for both 70/100V and 4/8Ω installations.
Inputs: The CSA2300Z has 2 input channels. Two 3-pin Euroblock connectors are provided for balanced and unbalanced signals, as well as 2 sets of stereo RCAs for playback from CD player, digital streamer, or other audio device. RCA input signals are summed to mono. Only one type of input signal can be used at a time.
Outputs: Two set-screw terminal blocks are provided for the output channels. These can be run as high-impedance 70/100 volt outputs or low-impedance 4/8Ω outputs. Each output has a DIP switch for selecting either 70/100V or 4/8Ω. When set for 70/100V operation, a 70Hz high-pass filter is applied to the output signal.
Remote Volume Control: Two RJ-45 sockets let you connect optional JBL CSR-V wall-mounted volume controls (sold separately) for remotely controlling the levels of each channel individually. An optional RS232 controller (sold separately) can also be used for adjusting the volume remotely.
Front Panel: The amp's front panel contains the main power switch, with illuminated outer ring, along with the following controls:
- Master 1 & 2: Two rotary controls provide independent level adjustment for each channel.
- Bass & Treble: Individual Bass and Treble controls are provided for each channel.
- Maximum Power: 2 x 300W
- Configuration: 70/100V and 4/8Ω
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (8Ω with tone controls flat)
- THD+N: < 0.05 % (full rated power, 20Hz to 20kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >97dB
- Audio Inputs:
- Input Channels: 2 Balanced/Unbalanced
- Connectors: (2) Stereo RCAs, (2) 3-pin Euroblock
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ (RCA), 20kΩ (Euroblock)
- Maximum Input Level: +22dBu (nominal)
- Balanced Line Input: 775mV
- RCA Mono Sum: 300mV
- Audio Outputs:
- Output Channels: 2
- Output Connectors: (2) 5-Pin Barrier strips
- Tone Controls: Bass & Treble (each channel)
- Mains Voltage: 100VAC - 240VAC (50/60 Hz)
- AC Power Consumption: 79 W (Standby), 124 W (Max)
- Mains Connector: IEC 3-pin
- Dimensions: Width = 19.0" (w/rack ears), Height = 3.50", Depth = 10.8"
- Net Weight: 17.8 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 20.6 lbs.
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace 360P Series II is a full-range, 70/100 volt environmental loudspeaker designed to blend with landscaping for in-ground or above-ground applications such as outdoor malls, restaurant patios, resorts, and theme parks. The 360P consists of a single 4.5" full-range driver in a ported enclosure that gives 360˚ of horizontal and 50˚ of vertical coverage with a frequency response that goes down to 60 Hz.
Enclosure: Housed in a heavy duty, glass-reinforced, polypropylene enclosure with a composite driver, the 360P is able to withstand snow, rain, salt and temperatures ranging from 158˚F to -40˚F. The freestanding design with simplified mounting allows for fast and secure installation to the ground or attached to a horizontal concrete or wood surface. It can also be semi-buried up to 6.5", so that only the top half of the speaker is visible. The cabinet shape acts as an acoustic diffuser directing mid and high frequencies out towards listeners. The base of the speaker acts as a tuned, multi-chambered ported enclosure while the domed port grill reflects sound into the listening area for clear, consistent performance. Three screw holes around the base of the speaker allow it to be secured to a mounting surface for tamper-resistance.
70/100 Volt: The FreeSpace 360P is rated for 80 watt RMS (320 peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems. A built-in wiring pig-tail includes individual wires for each of the tap settings (in lieu of a tap "dial") as well as the input wires. Eight wire-nuts are provided for connections. These have sealed slots where the wire is inserted and are filled with dielectric grease to help prevent wire corrosion. The following wattages are available for both 70 and 100 volt applications: 10 W, 20 W, 40 W, and 80 W.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 70Hz - 10kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 60Hz - 15kHz
- Nominal Dispersion: 360˚ H x 50˚ V
- Recommended High-Pass Filter: 60Hz high-pass
- Overload Protection: PTC
- Power Handling: 80W (320W peak)
- Sensitivity: 87dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 100dB SPL (106db SPL peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 4Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps (70/100 V): 10W, 20W, 40W, 80W
- Driver: 4.5" full-range, environmental driver
- Enclosure: Glass-reinforced polypropylene, textured
- Environmental: Outdoor per IEC 529 IP35
- Connectors: External multi-wire cable (18 AWG) with included wire nuts
- Dimensions: Diameter = 14.50", Height = 15.0"
- Weight: 14.5 lbs.
1 question already asked