About the SiriusXM Onyx EZR & SXSD2 Package
SiriusXM already has an amazing array of great programs, and it's getting better all the time. And when you combine the Onyx EZR Dock & Play satellite radio with a vehicle kit and the SXSD2 boombox, it's easier to enjoy satellite radio between two locations. Simply nestle the Onyx EZR tuner in the vehicle kit's cradle or inside the boombox's dock, and you'll get your favorite satellite radio programming just about anywhere in your home or on the go.
Onyx EZR tuner and vehicle kit
The Onyx EZR's 3.2" display allows you to view artist name, song or program title, and channel information in just a glance. You can even choose your background — white-on-black or black-on-white — which can be a big help if glare is an issue in your vehicle. The bigger screen means more room for usable info, too — you can use the split-screen function to see what's playing at the moment and also see what's on your other favorite channels.
Find your favorites fast
You can store up to 10 favorite channels for one-touch access, and the face also includes a TuneMix key that lets you listen to selections from all your favorites. The handy One-Touch Jump™ button lets you switch back to the last channel you were listening to, or check out traffic and weather. The keypad is designed with comfort and ease of use in mind, so you can switch to a favorite channel or find the function you need in a hurry.
A complete kit for your car
For best performance, use the Aux In cable that's included with the Onyx kit. If your car's radio doesn't have an aux input, you can also use the included SiriusXM PowerConnect™ system to deliver clear sound through your vehicle's FM radio. You'll also get the other accessories you'll need for installation in your car — a car cradle and antenna, plus dash and vent mounts.
Your favorite SiriusXM programs will sound great, indoors or out. (Shown with the SiriusXM Onyx Plus tuner; sunglasses and cool drink not included)
SXSD2 portable speaker dock
SiriusXM's SXSD2 boombox is designed to work with a variety of SiriusXM, Sirius, and XM Dock-and-Play radios, including the Onyx Plus and Onyx EZR. You can even connect MP3 players and other audio devices via the aux-in jack (cable sold separately).
Portable and versatile
The SXSD2's sleek design looks great anywhere, and the included remote control lets you adjust the volume or pause, rewind, and replay live shows without getting up. You can plug it into the nearest AC outlet, or pop in eight "D" batteries and take it with you when you go outdoors.
The concealed fold-up handle and built-in antenna cradle (which also offers cable storage) make it easy to take your tunes from one place to another. Place the built-in antenna on a windowsill when you're indoors, or attach it to the back of the SXSD2 Portable Speaker Dock when you're outdoors.
Your favorite programs will sound great, indoors or out, too. The 2.1 sound system really rocks, with separate tweeters, midrange speakers, and a powerful subwoofer that pumps out some seriously impressive bass response. If you want to listen privately, just plug a set of headphones or earbuds into the front-panel jack.
Note: A subscription is required and sold separately by SiriusXM. Some channels are not available in all packages. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states — not available in Alaska, Hawaii or U.S. territories. You can, however, stream SiriusXM throughout the satellite service area, as well as Alaska and Hawaii.
SiriusXM Onyx EZR satellite radio with vehicle kit:
- Dock & Play SiriusXM satellite radio
- includes vehicle docking station, roof-mount antenna, dash and vent mounts, auxiliary output cable, and power adapter/FM transmitter
- selectable display option (white on black or black on white) shows song or program and channel information
- 10 channel presets
- TuneMix lets you hear favorites from multiple channels
- channel browsing by category
- splitscreen favorite channel preview pane
- traffic, weather, or last channel jump
- ergonomic keypad design
- built-in parental controls
- compatible with existing SiriusXM docks and remotes
- dimensions: 5"W x 2-11/16"H x 3/4"D
- receives all SiriusXM audio programming packages (subscription required)
- warranty: 90 days
SiriusXM SXSD2 portable speaker dock:
- boombox for satellite radios, including SiriusXM Onyx models
- 2.1 system: 2 tweeters, 2 midrange speakers, subwoofer
- built-in amp: 5 watts x 3 channels
- detachable windowsill antenna with 21-foot cable
- front-panel headphone jack
- front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input
- remote control
- includes adapters for Sirius, XM, and SiriusXM radios
- AC power adapter
- accepts 8 "D" batteries for portable use (not included)
- dimensions: 19"W x 7"H x 8.5"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SiriusXM SXEZR1V1 & SXSD2
What's in the box:
- SiriusXM SXEZR1V1:
- SiriusXM portable satellite radio
- Vehicle cradle dock
- Magnetic vehicle antenna (w/ attached 22.75' cable terminated by single SMB connector)
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter (w/ attached 55" DC cord)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable (w/ a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Vent mount
- 2 Extended vent clamps
- 2 Alcohol Prep Pads
- 4 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Accessory Guide
- Additional User Documents
- Warranty Information
- SiriusXM SXSD2:
- SiriusXM portable speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 39" AC power cord
- Indoor/outdoor antenna (attached 21' cable)
- 2 Radio dock adapters
- Remote control (CR2032 3V battery installed)
- User Guide
- Warranty Card
More details on the SiriusXM Onyx EZR & SXSD2 Package
Dock & Play SiriusXM Radio: The SiriusXM onyX EZR Dock & Play Radio + Vehicle Kit provides SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your car, truck, van, or SUV. You can view the artist name, song or program title and channel info on its multi-line display. And with optional accessories you can listen to the onyX EZR Dock & Play Radio in a second vehicle, in your home or office, or even outdoors (optional accessories sold separately). All with just one SiriusXM subscription.
Note: The SiriusXM onyX EZR Dock & Play Radio + Vehicle Kit requires a SiriusXM subscription.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The SiriusXM onyX EZR satellite radio receiver supports SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. SiriusXM offers more than 150 channels of exclusive music, news, entertainment sports, talk programming. Available SiriusXM subscription packages include (visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide).
- SiriusXM All Access
- SiriusXM Select
- SiriusXM Mostly Music
- SiriusXM News, Sports, & Talk
- SiriusXM Family-Friendly
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Large Multi-Line Display: The onyX EZR Satellite Radio receiver features a large multi-line display which lets you view artist name, song title, and channel information. You can adjust the brightness of the unit's display and button illumination separately.
- Two Display Modes: You can choose between two display options - white text on black background or black text on white background.
- Split Screen: Select Split Screen to preview what's playing on your favorite channels, while still viewing song/artist/album info of the current playing station.
Tuning Functions: The onyX EZR offers a variety of tuning functions.
- Real-Time Channel Guide: The unit's Real-Time Channel Guide allows you to browse programs, artists, and songs playing on other channels, without having to change the channel you are currently listening.
- Categories: Channels are organized into categories to make it easier for you to find channels, such as Sports, Country, Kids, Rock, etc.
- Channel Scan: You can scan a category and listen to each channel in the category for 10 seconds before the next channel is automatically tuned.
- Favorite Presets: You can save and enjoy fast access to up to 10 of your favorite SiriusXM Satellite Radio channels.
- One-Touch Jump: The One-Touch Jump function allows you to directly access traffic or weather of the 22 most congested cities, or go back to the previous channel to which you were listening.
- Direct: The Direct button allows you directly tune in an SiriusXM Satellite Radio station, using the keypad (0-9) on the front-panel of the satellite radio receiver.
- Parental Controls: You can easily lock and unlock channels or an entire category with mature content. The Parent Control feature is protect by a 4-digit code.
TuneMix: TuneMix plays songs in a unique mix from music channels you have pre-selected, allowing you to build a blended channel from as few as 3 to as many as 18 music channels.
Note: Certain music channels are not eligible for TuneMix due to the way in which they are broadcast. These music channels are not included in channel selection list for TuneMix.
Audible Beep: An audible beep is heard when an advisory screen is displayed, or a traffic/ weather report is tuned. This feature can be turned on or off.
Auto Shut-Off: When the onyX EZR is in the vehicle dock, and Auto Shut Off has been enabled, the plug & play radio will automatically shut off after 8 hours of inactivity, when no buttons have pressed. This features prevents the vehicle battery from being discharged if you forget to turn the unit off.
Demo Mode: The Onyx EZR has a demo mode that starts playing when, for a prolonged period of time (more than 5 minutes), the radio either detects it's not connected to the antenna, or the antenna stops receiving a signal. It disappears when the antenna is connected properly or when the radio starts receiving a signal. You also activate and deactivate demo mode manually.
Vehicle Dock: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver comes supplied with a vehicle dock which allows you to listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radio in your vehicle. The vehicle dock has color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock also has a rear-panel wire-guide that can help you organize the cables and wires connected to the dock.
- Connection Types: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver's vehicle dock provides three
connection options to transfer SiriusXM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio
- PowerConnect: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver comes supplied with the PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter which allows the satellite radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash head unit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver's vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your head unit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the satellite receiver's vehicle dock FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the receiver's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
- Mounting Options: The mounting location of the onyX EZR should be easily
accessible for controlling the unit and provide good visibility of the unit's
display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which
will affect the visibility of the display screen. When mounting the onyX EZR in your vehicle, choose a location
where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or
obstruct the air bag.The onyX EZR satellite receiver
comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The onyX EZR includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent-Mount: The onyX EZR also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
- Magnetic Antenna: The unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal. The Onyx EZR can display the received strength of the satellite and terrestrial signals being received. For best reception, the Magnetic Mount Antenna should have an unobstructed view of the SiriusXM satellites. In large cities, there are terrestrial transmitters (ground repeaters) to help increase the signal coverage.
Portable Satellite Radio Speaker: The SiriusXM SXSD2 Portable Speaker Dock lets you enjoy satellite radio entertainment in your home, office, or other location. A concealed fold-up handle lets you take it on the go. Enjoy full-range sound provided by a 2.1ch speaker system with two tweeters, two midrange drivers, and a down-firing subwoofer. The drivers are powered by a 5W x 3Ch amplifier. The system has a frequency response of 60Hz-20khz.
- Aux Input & Headphone Jack: A 3.5mm auxiliary input lets you connect your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or any portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog audio output. The unit is also equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening. The system's speakers will mute when headphones are connected.
- Remote Control: The included IR remote control wirelessly operates both the portable speaker dock and your docked satellite radio tuner.
- Indoor/Outdoor Antenna: The SiriusXM SXSD2 Portable Speaker Dock includes and indoor/outdoor antenna with a 21' cable. If you are using the Portable Speaker Dock outside, the antenna should be placed into the storage area on the top of the unit with the antenna facing the southern sky. If you are using the Portable Speaker Dock indoors, you should try placing the antenna near a window facing the southern sky. Once you have chosen a location for the antenna, wrap the excess antenna cable around the storage area at the rear, and plug the antenna cable into the antenna connector at the rear of the Portable Speaker
- AC or Battery Powered: You can plug the system into an available AC outlet (100-240V) or listen anywhere with batteries (requires 8 D-cell batteries, sold separately). Using batteries, you get approximately 8 hours of playback time at half volume.
- Even though the SXSD2 is portable, it is not weather or water resistant and should not be left outdoors in the rain or exposed to any water spray.
- Your satellite radio plug & play tuner remembers whether it was on or off when power to the device is turned off at the time the Portable Speaker Dock is turned off. Therefore, if your tuner was on at the time you turned the Portable Speaker Dock off, when you turn the Portable Speaker Dock back on, the Radio will turn on also. If the tuner was off at the time you turned off the Portable Speaker Dock, you'll need to turn the Radio on also when you turn on the Portable Speaker Dock.
Optional Home Kit: An optional home kit (220SXDH3, sold separately) allows you to listen to SiriusXM Radio in your home or at the office.
onyX EZR Receiver:
- Width = 5.0625"
- Height = 2.6875"
- Depth = 0.75"
- Width = 4.0"
- Height = 2.5625"
- Depth = 1.1875"
Receiver in Car Cradle:
- Width = 5.0625"
- Height = 3.375"
- Depth = 1.3125"
- Width = 1.5625"
- Height = 0.625"
- Depth = 1.8125"
- Cable Length = 22.75'
Portable Speaker Dock:
- Width = 19.0625"
- Height = 7.0"
- Depth = 8.5"