About the Alpine 500-Watt Bass Package
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Crutchfield offers this custom-selected package so you can add bass to your vehicle without worrying about impedance, power ratings, or box size — we've done all that for you. We've also provided a wiring diagram (see Photos) to help you wire the system together for the best and safest performance. This Alpine bass package includes an MRV-M500 amplifier, two SWA-10S4 BassLine 10" subwoofers, along with a Sound Ordnance BB102-75S sealed hatchback-style enclosure — a great combination of gear that'll fit in a lot of places as well as play deep, satisfying bass.
Note: You'll need mounting hardware, speaker wires, power and ground wiring, and possibly RCA cables to complete your bass package installation. See Accessories tab for options.
500 watts of power
Alpine's MRV-M500 amp will drive the two BassLine subwoofers with 500 watts RMS, so it can provide enough bass volume to match up with an amplified speaker system of up to about 50 watts RMS per channel. A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio.
Add the bass you love
Alpine's BassLine 10" subwoofer handles up to 250 watts RMS, adding some serious low end to your vehicle's sound system. You'll really feel the impact of bass lines and drum beats, so you can get into your music like you never have before. These subwoofers definitely live up to Alpine's reputation for making subs that bass lovers want.
Sound Ordnance's rugged Bass Bunker sealed hatchback-style enclosure is a great match for the two BassLine 10" subs, so your system can deliver real low-frequency firepower. This box features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations. Rounded outside corners and recessed panels allow it to fit into more vehicles, while tough black carpeting defends against incoming nicks and scratches. We recommend drilling thin pilot holes for the screws when mounting your subwoofer to this enclosure.
- package includes Alpine MRV-M500 amplifier, two Alpine SWA-10S4 subwoofers, and Sound Ordnance BB102-75S enclosure
Alpine MRV-M500 amplifier
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 24 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- optional RUX-KNOB wired remote level control available
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included in package
- 8-1/4"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
Two Alpine SWA-10S4 BassLine Series 10" subwoofers
- polypropylene and mica cones with poly-foam surrounds
- frequency response: 24-200 Hz
- power handling (each): 50-250 watts RMS
- 4-ohm impedance (each)
- warranty: 1 year
Sound Ordnance BB102-75S Bass Bunker
- sealed dual enclosure for two 10" subwoofers
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- dimensions: 26-3/4"W x 13-7/16"H x 11-5/8"D1 x 8-1/2"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains four individualy-packaged items: the Alpine MRV-M500 mono amplifier/ two Alpine SWA-10S4 10" subwoofers/ and the Sound Ordnance BB102-75S subwoofer enclosure
- The MRV-M500 box includes:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Two 30 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- 7.5" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Snap on terminal covers
- Four 3/4" Hex-head screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Alpine Verification Certificate
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- Each SWA-10S4 box includes:
- One 10" Single voice coil subwoofer
- Adhesive backed foam gasket
- SWA Subwoofer Application Guide (English/ French)
- On-line product registration information (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information (English/ French)
- Important Notice! (English/ French)
- The BB102-75S box includes:
- Dual hatchback-style enclosure for 10" subwoofers
Alpine 500-Watt Bass Package reviews
I only have the subs and amp but not the box. My box is the custom fit for under the rear seats in my 2012 ram 1500. Subs sound great. Im used to 12's and 15 inch subs but these are great for easily adding good bass to your music. Personally im going to cut the box to fit 12's and get a bigger amp but this 500w alpine and 10 inch alpine subs was a great start. I just put the same system in my 2004 ram 3500.
4 of 4 found this helpful
Subs are underrated to the amp. I wired everything and had a shop check it all, then one of my subs blew after a week. I replaced the sub with the same type that on my dime and then eventually both blew. I never pushed these subs super hard or to the point where there was distortion etc. I was baffled after checking the subs with a voltage tester I had blown all three subs so I went to a second shop and they checked my wiring and the subs. Both shops came to the conclusion that this package was mismatched and the amp overpowered them. Very dissapointed with Crutchfield and this has been a serious departure from what I used to experience in the past with them. I would more on when considering this package for sure.
6 of 7 found this helpful
More details on the Alpine 500-Watt Bass Package
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N) over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Alpine MRV-M500 is rated as follows:
- Power Output:
- 4Ω: 300 watts x 1-channel (<0.2% THD+N)
- 2Ω: 500 watts x 1-channel (<0.3% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dBA (105 dB at rated power)
Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The 8-pin harness has inputs for front and rear speakers. While only two speaker inputs are necessary, wiring all four will minimize the fader's effect on the subwoofer output.
Auto Turn-on: If using the speaker level input, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal.
Low Pass Filter: The amp is equipped with a 50-400Hz variable low-pass filter with a slope of 24 dB/octave. This being a mono subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0-12dB) at 50 Hz.
Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is provided for connecting an optional RUX-KNOB wired remote (item number 500RUXKNOB, sold separately), allowing remote control of the output level of the amplifier.
- Battery: set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Remote: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8 gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Speaker Output: set screw terminals; accept up to 8 gauge wire
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of stereo RCA jacks
- Line Output: left and right channel RCA output jacks to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run an additional set of cables; the output is not affected by the MRV-M500's internal crossover
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 8-pin harness
- Wired Remote: RJ-25 jack for optional wired remote
Note: Alpine recommends 4 gauge power and ground wire (minimum).
- Width: 7.875" (8.25" including wires)
- Height: 2.165"
- Depth: 7.9"
PWR Cone Design: This BassLine subwoofer's patent-pending Progressive Wavelet Ribs (PWR) cone design helps break up standing waves and cone resonances to keep distortion low. The sub uses a polypropylene and mica damped cone assembly and a high-excursion poly-foam surround.
Progressive Polyester Spider: The progressive polyester spider provides accurate control of the subwoofer cone motion.
Two-Piece Yoke: The two-piece yoke uses a vented pole to provide improved air flow and help cool the voice coil.
Spring Terminals: The spring post terminals accept pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs, or bare wire up to 8 gauge.
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB102-75S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for dual 10" subwoofers. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has two separate chambers, each with 0.75 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB102-75S is equipped with two pair of spring-post speaker terminals, one for each chamber, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, each set of terminals has an attached 18" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 26.8125"
- Height: 13.5625"
- Depth (bottom): 11.625"
- Depth (top): 8.625"
2 questions already asked