About the Alpine S-SB10V-PWR Halo 10" Bass Package
Lively up your bass with this Alpine package
Lively up your bass with this Alpine package
Alpine combined two of their most forward-thinking products for this S-SB10V-PWR bass package: the KTA-200M power pack subwoofer amplifier and the S-SBV10 Halo Series 10" loaded ported sub enclosure. You get a propulsive pairing that'll fill your ride with the vibrant thump only solid bass can provide.
Kicking compact amp
Alpine's KTA-200M power pack subwoofer amplifier sends out up to 200 watts RMS to the sub from a chassis about the size of your hand. The amp uses Alpine's Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology to deliver a quick energy boost when needed, virtually doubling the amplifier's output power on musical peaks.
The KTA-200M includes a PowerStack bracket for mounting the amp in your dash behind Alpine's shallow chassis iLX-W650 digital multimedia receiver. The combined depth of receiver and amp is still less than 5", so it'll fit in a wide variety of vehicles. The receiver and sub amp together make a feature-filled and powerful sound system that you'll enjoy for many miles.
Rugged Halo Series box and 10" sub
The S-SB10V comes loaded with Alpine's S-W10D4 subwoofer wired for 2-ohm impedance. The sub's Kevlar-reinforced cone and Santoprene surround give you solid bass response at power levels up to 600 watts RMS. The ported enclosure is tuned to 36 Hz to maximize performance.
Double the fun
This Halo Series sub enclosure sounds great on its own, but when you want to expand your system, you can add a second Halo bass package to create a single two-speaker system with twice the power and double the impact. You can link two S-SB10V boxes using Alpine's KTX-H10 linking kit (sold separately). Heavy-duty steel front and rear linking brackets connect the enclosures for a compact, sturdy dual-subwoofer solution. The silver linking brackets match the enclosure trim for a neat, coordinated look.
- package includes Alpine KTA-200M mono sub amp and S-SB10V ported enclosure with 10" subwoofer
KTA-200M 200-watt compact amplifier:
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms or 2 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology adds a burst of power when needed
- selectable low-pass filter (60, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- PowerStack bracket included for mounting amp behind Alpine iLX-W650 digital multimedia receiver (item #500ILXW650)
- wiring, hardware, and fuse not included with amplifier
- 12-gauge power and ground leads and a 20A fuse recommended
- dimensions: 7-3/4"W (with wiring) x 1-3/8"H x 3-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
S-SB10V Halo Series 10" linkable ported subwoofer enclosure:
- loaded with Alpine's S-W10D4 subwoofer
- linkable to second S-SB10V enclosure with linking kit (sold separately)
- Kevlar-reinforced pulp cone with Santoprene rubber surround
- power handling: 600 watts RMS
- frequency response: 28-200 Hz
- 2-ohm impedance
- dimensions: 16"W x 12-3/4"H x 15"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S-SB10V-PWR
What's in the box:
- Alpine S-SB10V:
- Ported enclosure loaded with one S-W10D4 subwoofer driver
- Rubber flange protector (installed on subwoofer)
- Alpine KTA-200M:
- Mono amplifier
- 12" Input/Output/Power harness
- 1 Head unit (iLX-W650) mounting bracket
- 2 Universal mounting brackets
- Four M5x6mm Allen head machine screws (3mm)
- Two M2.6x8mm Machine screws
- Four 3/8" Screws
- Four 8" Zip Ties
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- FCC Compliance Statement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine S-SB10V-PWR Halo 10" Bass Package
Alpine S-SB10V Loaded Enclosure: The Alpine S-SB10V loaded enclosure features a single S-W10D4 10", dual 4Ω voice coil subwoofer driver. The new S-Series driver features an improved voice coil that allows it to handle increased power over previous versions. The high strength frame is designed to withstand the rigors of the new S-Series motor. Frame leg vents and a vented back plate help keep the sub driver running cool. The driver also features two strontium ferrite magnets stacked together for increased motor strength and excursion. Both 4Ω voice coils are wired in parallel for a single 2Ω connection. The S-SB10V can handle up to 600W RMS.
- Enclosure: The S-SB10V's ported enclosure design has been optimized for use with the S-W10D4 driver, and has been tuned to 36Hz for deep, powerful bass. It features a rigid, heavy-duty MDF construction that's been wrapped in attractive black carpet, with a smooth black finish and silver trim on the front face.
- Enclosure Linking (Optional): The S-SB10V's unique design allows it to be linked to an additional S-SB10V (sold separately) using the optional KTX-H10 linking kit. This features an aluminum rear link-plate and an attractive, steel-reinforced ABS front linking bracket that securely locks the two enclosures together.
- Terminals: A single rear-panel terminal cup houses a pair of binding posts for connection, accepting up to 12 ga. speaker wire. Both of the driver's voice coils are wired in parallel for a single 2Ω load.
Alpine KT-A200M Power Pack Mono-Amp: The Alpine KTA-200M is a Power Pack series mono amplifier that can deliver up to 200W of RMS power to a single mono output (4-ohm or 2-ohm), in a compact form that allows it to be mounted just about anywhere. The KTA-200M has a high-efficiency Class D digital circuit design that uses Alpine's exclusive Dynamic Peak Power technology. This allows the amp to deliver bursts of power for peak demands, providing up to 100% more dynamic power when needed.
- Controls: A single rotary control adjusts the RCA input level, with a range of 0.2V to 4.0V. Two DIP switches let you apply a low pass filter to the signal, with selections of 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Off (full range).
- Power/Ground/Remote: The power and ground wires in the harness are 14-gauge (each having two 16-gauge wires from the harness, merging to a single 14-gauge wire). The power wire should be extended and connected directly to the battery, using an in-line 20-amp fuse (sold separately) near the battery terminal. An 18AWG blue/white remote turn-on wire will need to be connected to your radio's remote output lead, or connected to vehicle switched power to activate the amplifier.
- Signal Inputs: There are two male RCA plugs on the included harness for pre-amp level inputs. If your source unit has no pre-amp outputs, a speaker-level to RCA converter will be required (sold separately). If running male RCA cables to the amplifier, barrel connectors (sold separately) will be required to connect to the harness's male RCA input cables.
- Speaker Output: The amp includes 2 wires for the mono speaker output (each comprised of 4 wires from the harness merged into one wire). The positive (+) speaker output is Brown. The negative (-) speaker output is Brown/Black
Note: The KTA-200M does not include any wiring or fuses. An amp wiring kit with at least 12AWG power and ground wire is recommended, along with a 20A fuse at the battery (fuse and wiring both sold separately).
Mounting Options: Two types of mounting brackets are included with the amp, plus four zip ties. The first mounting bracket is designed to mount the amp to the back of Alpine's iLX-W650 digital media receiver. The iLX-W650 is just over 2¾" deep by itself, so even with the added depth of the amp (totaling just over 5"), the combination fits in almost any dash with a Double DIN opening. The bracket also leaves a gap of approximately ¾" between the amp and head unit, so most of the wiring can be routed to that space. The second option is a pair of universal brackets that bolt to the ends of the amp, and provide a mounting flange with four screw holes. The chassis of the amp also has four tabs, through which the included zip ties can be looped to attach the amp behind the dash.
Optional Wired Remote: The Alpine RUX-KNOB.2 (sold separately) is a wired remote that allows you to adjust the bass output of the amplifier remotely from the driver's seat. The RUX-KNOB.2 wired remote comes with a 5-meter (16.4 feet) cable. The Alpine RUX-KNOB.2 is equipped with a rotary knob for adjustment of your connected amplifier's bass level. The remote has an adjustment range of 0 (max) to -20dB (min). The RUX-KNOB.2 features two mounting flanges for mounting the knob on or under your dash. Four self-tapping screws are included.
Dimensions Width Height Depth Module 1" 1.015" 1.656" Overall 1.772" 1.015" 2.243"