About the JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Crutchfield offers this custom-selected package so you can add bass to your vehicle without worrying about impedance, power ratings, or box size — we've done all that for you. This JL Audio bass package includes a JX500/1D amplifier and CP108LG-W3v3 MicroSub loaded enclosure — a great combination of gear that'll fit in a lot of places and deliver some amazing bass.
Note: You'll need speaker wires, power and ground wiring, and possibly RCA cables to complete your bass package installation. See Accessories tab for options.
Solid JL Audio subwoofer
JL Audio's CP108LG-W3v3 MicroSub enclosed ported subwoofer system delivers impressive bass without needing a lot of power or taking up much space. The MicroSub, houses an 8" W3v3 subwoofer that can handle 250 watts RMS and put out impressive low end. The enclosure is designed from the ground up to get optimum performance from its driver, so you get much more than just a box with a speaker inside.
300 watts of power
JL Audio's JX500/1D amp will drive the subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS (it likes a little extra power), so it can provide enough bass volume to match up with a factory or aftermarket radio. A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio.
- package includes JL Audio JX500/1D amplifier and JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 loaded enclosure
JL Audio JX500/1D mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- optional wired remote level control available
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included in package
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 7-7/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 ported enclosure
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- W3v3 8" subwoofer
- mineral-filled polypropylene cone with nitrile-butylene rubber surround
- frequency response: 28-250 Hz
- power handling: 50-250 watts RMS
- 4-ohm impedance
- dimensions: 18-5/8"W x 11-3/16"H x 6-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the JL Audio JX500/1D amplifier and the JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 loaded subwoofer enclosure
- The JX500/1D box includes:
- Monoblock subwoofer amplifier
- 10" Speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 18mm)
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (En/ Ger/ Sp/ Fr)
- The CP108LG-W3v3 box includes:
- CP108LG-W3v3 Slot-ported subwoofer enclosure (loaded with one 8W3v3-4 woofer)
- Black metal grille (installed)
JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package
Monoblock Amplifier: The JL Audio JX500/1D monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (10-150 Hz) amplification of connected subwoofers.
Note: The JX500/1D is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
Class D Amplifier Circuit: The JX500/1D employs an advanced Class D switching design that allows it to produce 500 watts of clean subwoofer power while drawing significantly less current from your electrical system and generating less heat than a conventional Class A/B or Class B design.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series monoblock amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX500/1D Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts|
| Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V |
(10-150Hz, 90dB S/N, 1% THD+N)
(RMS) Power @ 12.5V |
(10-150Hz, 90dB S/N, 1% THD+N)
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX500/1D's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
- Width: 7.829"
- Height: 2.117"
- Depth: 7.67"
Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output:
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX500/1D monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
Remote Level Control: The JX500/1D is equipped with an RJ-25 connection for an optional wired RBC-1 Remote Level Control (sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening/loosening the set-screws.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire.
Note: The amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX500/1D features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening/loosening the set-screws.
Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX500/1D to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX500/1D also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The JX500/1D incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal feeding the monoblock amplifier. The preamp output signal is buffered to prevent noise.
Overview: The CP108LG-W3v3 PowerWedge subwoofer system is a compact bass solution for the vehicle with limited space. This ported enclosure is loaded with a single, 4-ohm 8W3v3 woofer.
Enclosure Design: The enclosure features top-quality MDF (medium-density fiberboard), constructed using state-of-the-art CNC woodworking equipment, and covered with high-grade automotive carpeting. The driver is protected by a black steel-mesh grille. Internally, the enclosure is equipped with JL Audio's ECL wiring from the woofer to the 5-way binding post connectors. The port and binding posts are on the left side of the enclosure.
- Width: 18.625"
- Height: 11.125"
- 5.125" (enclosure)
- 6.625" (including grille)
Flared Port: The enclosure has a side-firing flared slot-port. The flared slot-port design minimizes turbulence and improves fidelity. The port is 1-1/2" high and 4" wide at the opening.
Driver: The 8" W3v3 driver has the following features:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Customizable Trim Ring: The woofer comes with a removable ring made of black ABS plastic which can be painted to match the installation theme and create a personalized look. You can purchase optional grille mesh inserts which are specifically designed to fit into the inner diameter of the trim ring.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?