About the JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Crutchfield offers this custom-selected package so you can add bass to your vehicle without worrying about impedance, power ratings, or box size — we've done all that for you. This JL Audio bass package includes a JX500/1D amplifier and CP110-W0v3 BassWedge loaded enclosure — a great combination of gear that'll fit in a lot of places and deliver some amazing bass.
Note: You'll need speaker wires, power and ground wiring, and possibly RCA cables to complete your bass package installation. See Accessories tab for options
Solid JL Audio subwoofer
JL Audio built the BassWedge CP110-W0v3 enclosure to make car-rattling bass without the need for a ton of power. The box houses a 10" W0v3 component subwoofer that can handle 300 watts RMS. The slot-ported enclosure's designed to match the 10" sub loaded into it, so you know you'll get every ounce of performance out of this subwoofer.
300 watts of power
JL Audio's JX500/1D amp will drive the subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS, so it can provide enough bass volume to match up with a factory or aftermarket radio. A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio.
- package includes JL Audio JX500/1D amplifier and JL Audio CP110-W0v3 loaded enclosure
JL Audio JX500/1D mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- optional wired remote level control available
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included in package
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 7-7/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
JL Audio CP110-W0v3 ported enclosure
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with dark gray carpet
- 10W0v3-4 10" subwoofer
- polypropylene cone with foam surround
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- power handling: 75-300 watts RMS
- 4-ohm impedance
- dimensions: 15-5/8"W x 14"H x 17-5/8"D1 x 13-5/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the JL Audio JX500/1D amplifier and the JL Audio CP110-W0v3 loaded subwoofer enclosure
- The JX500/1D box includes:
- Monoblock subwoofer amplifier
- 10" Speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 18mm)
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (En/ Ger/ Sp/ Fr)
- The CP110-W0v3 box includes:
- Slot-Ported BassWedge enclosure containing one 10" W0v3-4 Subwoofer
More details on the JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package
Monoblock Amplifier: The JL Audio JX500/1D monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (10-150 Hz) amplification of connected subwoofers.
Note: The JX500/1D is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
Class D Amplifier Circuit: The JX500/1D employs an advanced Class D switching design that allows it to produce 500 watts of clean subwoofer power while drawing significantly less current from your electrical system and generating less heat than a conventional Class A/B or Class B design.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series monoblock amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX500/1D Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts|
| Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V |
(10-150Hz, 90dB S/N, 1% THD+N)
(RMS) Power @ 12.5V |
(10-150Hz, 90dB S/N, 1% THD+N)
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX500/1D's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
- Width: 7.829"
- Height: 2.117"
- Depth: 7.67"
Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output:
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX500/1D monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
Remote Level Control: The JX500/1D is equipped with an RJ-25 connection for an optional wired RBC-1 Remote Level Control (sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening/loosening the set-screws.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire.
Note: The amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX500/1D features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening/loosening the set-screws.
Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX500/1D to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX500/1D also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The JX500/1D incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal feeding the monoblock amplifier. The preamp output signal is buffered to prevent noise.
Overview: The JL Audio slot-ported BassWedge subwoofer enclosure is designed around JL Audio's 10" W0v3-4 (4Ω) subwoofer. Aggressive tuning delivers powerful bass without the need for a huge amplifier. The MDF enclosure is covered with gray carpet and has JL AUDIO logos embroidered across the top and front. The enclosure design offers a variety of installation options: forward, rear, or down firing. The slot-port runs along the bottom of the enclosure and fires on the same plane as the woofer; the port mouth is flared to minimize air-flow noises.
Speaker Terminal: The enclosure uses one pair of nickel-plated, high current spring posts. The posts are located on the left side of the box and will accept pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge.
W0v3 Woofer Features:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 10W0v3-4 motor displays linear force over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is a reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the 10W0v3-4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Rear Gasket: The woofer has a rear gasket to provide an optimal seal when installing into the enclosure.
- Long Excursion: The subwoofer has an Xmax of 11.4mm, giving you louder bass with less distortion.
Optional Grille: The optional SGRU-10 grille (item number 136SGR1031, sold separately) can be added to protect the woofer cone.
Dimensions: The CP110-W0v3 enclosure isn't symmetrical; it's approximately 15-5/8" wide, 14" tall at its tallest point (toward the front), 12" tall at its shortest point (toward the back), 17-5/8" deep at the base, and 13-5/8" deep at the top.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked