About the JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Matched subwoofer and amp play well together
Crutchfield offers this custom-selected package so you can add bass in your vehicle without worrying about impedance, power ratings, or box size — we've done all that for you. We've also provided a wiring diagram (see Photos) to help you wire the system together for the best and safest performance. This JL Audio bass package includes a JX500/1D amplifier, a W0v3 Series 10" subwoofer, along with a Sound Ordnance BB10-64S Bass Bunker sealed hatchback-style enclosure — a great combination of gear that'll deliver some amazing bass.
Note: You'll need mounting hardware, speaker wires, power and ground wiring, and possibly RCA cables to complete your bass package installation. See Accessories tab for options.
JL Audio's 10W0v3-4 10" subwoofer doesn't come up short when delivering trademark JL performance. You'll find patented technologies like an optimized motor system that promotes precise, linear cone movement, plus advanced cooling systems throughout the frame for rapid heat dissipation. The cone's extra-long excursion capability lets it hit truly deep notes without distorting, while the hefty 2-inch voice coil drives the woofer accurately for top-notch performance under extreme conditions.
300 watts of power
JL Audio's JX500/1D amp will drive the subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS, so it can provide enough bass volume to match up with a factory or aftermarket radio. A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio.
Sound Ordnance's rugged Bass Bunker sealed hatchback-style enclosure is a great match for the 10" sub, so your system can deliver real low-frequency firepower. This box features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations. Rounded outside corners and recessed panels allow it to fit into more vehicles, while tough black carpeting defends against incoming nicks and scratches. We recommend drilling thin pilot holes for the screws when mounting your subwoofer to this enclosure.
- package includes JL Audio JX500/1D amplifier, CP110-W0v3 subwoofer, and Sound Ordnance BB10-64S enclosure
JL Audio JX500/1D mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional wired remote level control available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included in package
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 7-7/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
JL Audio 10W0v3-4 10" subwoofer
- polypropylene cone with foam surround
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- power handling: 75-300 watts RMS
- 4-ohm impedance
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
Sound Ordnance BB10-64S Bass Bunker
- sealed hatchback style enclosure for one 10" subwoofer
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- dimensions: 13-1/8"W x 12-1/4"H x 12-5/8"D1 x 9-1/2"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains three individualy-packaged items: the JL Audio JX500/1D mono amplifier/ the JL Audio 10W0v3-4 10" subwoofer/ and the Sound Ordnance BB10-64S subwoofer enclosure
- The JX500/1D box includes:
- Monoblock subwoofer amplifier
- 10" Speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 18mm)
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (English/ German/ Spanish/ French)
- The 10W0v3-4 box includes:
- One 10" Single voice coil 4-ohm subwoofer
- Owner's Manual
- The BB10-64S box includes:
- Hatchback-style enclosure for a single 10" subwoofer
- Sound Ordnance sticker
JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio 300-Watt Bass Package
Monoblock Amplifier: The JL Audio JX500/1D monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (10-150 Hz) amplification of connected subwoofers.
Note: The JX500/1D is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
Class D Amplifier Circuit: The JX500/1D employs an advanced Class D switching design that allows it to produce 500 watts of clean subwoofer power while drawing significantly less current from your electrical system and generating less heat than a conventional Class A/B or Class B design.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series monoblock amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX500/1D Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts|
| Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V |
(10-150Hz, 90dB S/N, 1% THD+N)
(RMS) Power @ 12.5V |
(10-150Hz, 90dB S/N, 1% THD+N)
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX500/1D's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
- Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity Control is used to
match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for
maximum clean output:
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
- Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX500/1D monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
- Remote Level Control: The JX500/1D is equipped with an RJ-25 connection for an optional wired RBC-1 Remote Level Control (sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
- Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock amplifier
features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on
connections. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening/loosening the
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire.
Note: The amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
- Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX500/1D features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for tightening/loosening the set-screws.
- Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX500/1D to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
- Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX500/1D also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
- Preamp Outputs: The JX500/1D incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal feeding the monoblock amplifier. The preamp output signal is buffered to prevent noise.
- Width: 7.829"
- Height: 2.117"
- Depth: 7.67"
Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, 10W0v3-4 motors display linear force over a long excursion range, and also maintain a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the 10W0v3-4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Rear Gasket: The woofer has a rear gasket to provide an optimal seal when installing into the enclosure.
Long Excursion: The 10W0v3-4 subwoofer has 11.4mm of linear excursion, giving you louder bass with less distortion.
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB10-64S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for one 10" subwoofer. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has 0.69 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB10-64S is equipped with two pair of spring-post speaker terminals mounted in the rear panel, offering wiring flexibility when used with a dual voice coil woofer. The spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure the terminals have two attached 15" lengths of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 13.125"
- Height: 12.25"
- Depth (bottom): 12.625"
- Depth (top): 9.5"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked