About the Rockford Fosgate 300-Watt Bass Package
All your bass in one place
All your bass in one place
Which sub do I buy? Which amp do I get? Putting a bass system together for your vehicle can be confusing, so we've eliminated the guesswork. This Crutchfield-approved bass package features Rockford Fosgate's R500X1D amplifier and their R1-1X10 sealed enclosure, a great combination that will get you and your car rockin'. Just add wiring and you've got a recipe for deep, satisfying bass.
The rugged sealed R1-1X10 box features 5/8"-thick medium-density fiberboard construction covered with a protective layer of heavy-duty black carpeting. And you can rely on Rockford Fosgate to create an enclosure that'll draw every ounce of bass out of its Prime R1S4-10 10" sub. This 4-ohm sub handles up to 200 watts RMS and features a fiber-reinforced paper-pulp cone and compressed foam surround for big, booming bass.
The Prime Series R500X1D mono amp sends 300 watts RMS to the Prime sub (a little extra power is a good thing), so you can really feel your bass rockin'. You can use the low-pass filter and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch boost to get the best possible bass from this system in your vehicle. A phase switch gets your subs firing along with your other speakers for maximum impact, while the speaker-level inputs let you hook this amp up to almost any system, even a factory stereo. The included wired remote lets you control the amp's volume level from the front seat.
- Rockford Fosgate package includes R500X1D amplifier and R1-1X10 sealed enclosure
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D amplifier
- mono subwoofer amplifier: 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch
- wired remote Punch Level Control included
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-1/2"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1-1X10 enclosure
- sealed enclosure with one 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- power handling: 200 watts RMS (400 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- 16"W x 12-3/16"H x 12-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year (woofer only)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D amplifier and the Rockford Fosgate R1-1x10 loaded subwoofer enclosure
- The R500X1D box includes:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Remote Punch Level Control module
- 18' Remote Punch Level Control cable (RJ-25 connector on both ends)
- 6" Speaker level input harness
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier verification certificate
- The R1-1x10 box includes:
- Sealed enclosure loaded with one 10" woofer
Rockford Fosgate 300-Watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate 300-Watt Bass Package
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R500X1D Class D mono amplifier is designed to power subwoofers. The Class D design and extruded aluminum heatsink allows the amplifier to run cool and efficiently, and results in a small footprint.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R500X1D's power ratings are measured according to the uniform standards advocated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output and signal to noise ratio of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to these standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- 4 Ohms: 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- 2 Ohms: 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- S/N: 80 dB, measured at 1 watt output (100 dB measured at rated power)
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with an LED power/protect indicator. The LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. It illuminates red if the thermal or short circuit protection circuit is engaged, and the amplifier will automatically turn off.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted in an engine compartment as this will void the warranty.
- Gain Control: Use the amplifier's gain control to match the output of the source unit. The rotary gain control is labeled 1 to 11 and has a sensitivity range of 150mV to 4V when using a preamp level signal, 450mV to 12V when using a speaker level signal.
- Remote Punch Level Control: The R500X1D includes a wired Remote Punch Level Control, linked to the gain control of the amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or center console. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and an 18' cable.
Note: The Remote Punch Level Control measures approximately 1-3/4" wide (2-5/8" including the mounting flange) x 3/4" high x 1-5/8" deep (2-1/8" deep including the knob and wiring).
- Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass crossover. The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz. This being a subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
- Phase: The 2-position phase switch allows you to easily reverse the output phase of the amplifier, choose 0° or 180° to match the rest of your vehicle's speaker system.
- Punch EQ: The Punch EQ bass boost circuit is adjustable from 0 (min) to +12dB (max) and centered at 45Hz.
- Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 AWG power and ground wires. (Rockford Fosgate recommends 8 AWG minimum.)
Fuse: An external 50-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire at the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse. When not using a wiring kit, the v6-MANL fuse holder (item number 120MANL, sold separately) and MANL50 50-amp fuse (item number 120MANL50, sold separately) can be used.
- Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire. It's used to remotely turn the amplifier on and off.
- Speaker Terminals: The one pair of speaker outputs is nickel-plated set screw terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire.
- RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks provide an easy connection for preamp level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
- Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
- RCA Output Jacks: A pair of RCA pass-thru jacks provides a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of your vehicle to the amplifier location.
- Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is used with the included Remote Punch Level Control.
- Width: 8-1/2"
- Height: 2"
- Depth: 7-3/8"
Enclosure: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1-1X10 is a sealed enclosure constructed of 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). The enclosure is covered with high density black carpeting. The sealed enclosure features high current compression terminals on the left side of the box (when facing the woofer). The terminals will accommodate up to 12 AWG speaker wire and present a 4-ohm load to your amplifier.
- Width: 16"
- Height: 12-1/8"
- Depth (base): 12-1/8" (12-7/8" including the subwoofer)
- Depth (top): 7-1/8" (7-7/8" including the subwoofer)
Woofer: The R1-1X10 enclosure is loaded with a single Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S4-10 subwoofer. The R1S4-10 is a 10-inch, 4-ohm single voice coil subwoofer with a fiber reinforced painted paper-pulp cone and compressed foam surround.
CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S4-10 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofer has the capacity to handle its rated power under continuous demand, not instantaneous power handling, that over time, can damage voice coils.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked