About the Rockford Fosgate 500-Watt Bass Package
All your bass in one place
All your bass in one place
Which sub do I buy? Which amp do I get? Putting a bass system together for your vehicle can be confusing, so we've eliminated the guesswork. This Crutchfield-approved bass package features Rockford Fosgate's R500X1D amplifier and two of their R2D2-10 subwoofers along with Sound Ordnance's BB102-125V ported enclosure, a great combination that will get you and your car rockin'. Just add wiring and you've got a recipe for deep, satisfying bass.
Power for your bass
This Prime Series R500X1D mono amp delivers 500 watts RMS to the two subs, so you can really feel your bass rockin'. You can use the low-pass filter and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch boost to get the best possible bass from the sub and enclosure in your vehicle. A phase switch gets your subs firing along with your other speakers for maximum impact, while the speaker-level inputs let you hook this amp up to almost any system, even a factory stereo. The included wired remote lets you control the amp's volume level from the front seat.
Rockford Fosgate's Prime R2D2-10 sub features a 10" mica-injected polypropylene cone that works with a high-density poly-foam surround to handle up to 250 watts RMS. Rockford Fosgate stitches the tinsel leads that carry the signal to the voice coils directly into the cone — they'll hang tough through heavy use so you get consistent, reliable performance. The stamped solid-steel frame offers venting usually found in high-end subs that keeps this sub running cool. Dual 2-ohm voice coils allow you to wire the two subs for 2-ohm total impedance to get the most out of the Prime amp.
The BB102-125V vented enclosure holds two 10" subwoofers and offers an internal volume of 1.24 cubic feet per chamber. This rugged Bass Bunker enclosure comes built to last and ready to help your subs deliver real low-frequency firepower. This high-grade, medium-density fiberboard enclosure uses sealed inner braces to help combat resonance by reducing vibrations, while tough black carpeting defends against incoming nicks and scratches. The large vents feature rounded inner corners that keep port noise to a minimum for more accurate response.
- Rockford Fosgate package includes R500X1D amplifier, two R2D2-10 10" subwoofers, and Sound Ordnance BB102-125V ported enclosure
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D amplifier
- mono subwoofer amplifier: 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch
- wired remote Punch Level Control included
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-1/2"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
Rockford Fosgate R2D2-10 subwoofer
- two 10" subwoofers with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- mica-injected polypropylene woofer cone with poly-foam surround
- power range: 50-250 watts RMS (500 watts peak power)
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
Sound Ordnance BB102-125V ported enclosure
- ported hatchback style enclosure for two 10" subwoofers
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- 32-3/4"W x 14-3/8"H x 14-1/4"D1 x 11-1/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This package contains four individualy-packaged items: the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D mono amplifier/ two Rockford Fosgate R2D2-10 10" subwoofers/ and the Sound Ordnance BB102-125V subwoofer enclosure
- The R500X1D box includes:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Remote Punch Level Control module
- 18' Remote Punch Level Control cable (RJ-25 connector on both ends)
- 6" Speaker level input harness
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Two 1/2" Screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier verification certificate
- Each R2D2-10 box includes:
- One 10" Dual 2-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Eight 1-1/8" Allen head screws
- 4mm Allen head bit
- Installation/Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German)
- The BB102-125V box includes:
- Hatchback-style enclosure for two 10" subwoofers
More details on the Rockford Fosgate 500-Watt Bass Package
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R500X1D Class D mono amplifier is designed to power subwoofers. The Class D design and extruded aluminum heatsink allows the amplifier to run cool and efficiently, and results in a small footprint.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The R500X1D's power ratings are measured according to the uniform standards advocated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output and signal to noise ratio of all CEA-2006 compliant amplifiers, even different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to these standards can display the CEA-2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- 4 Ohms: 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- 2 Ohms: 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms, 14.4 volts, and less than 1% THD+N
- S/N: 80 dB, measured at 1 watt output (100 dB measured at rated power)
LED Indicator: The amplifier is equipped with an LED power/protect indicator. The LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. It illuminates red if the thermal or short circuit protection circuit is engaged, and the amplifier will automatically turn off.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted in an engine compartment as this will void the warranty.
- Gain Control: Use the amplifier's gain control to match the output of the source unit. The rotary gain control is labeled 1 to 11 and has a sensitivity range of 150mV to 4V when using a preamp level signal, 450mV to 12V when using a speaker level signal.
- Remote Punch Level Control: The R500X1D includes a wired Remote Punch Level Control, linked to the gain control of the amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or center console. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and an 18' cable.
Note: The Remote Punch Level Control measures approximately 1-3/4" wide (2-5/8" including the mounting flange) x 3/4" high x 1-5/8" deep (2-1/8" deep including the knob and wiring).
- Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass crossover. The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz. This being a subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
- Phase: The 2-position phase switch allows you to easily reverse the output phase of the amplifier; choose 0° or 180° to match the rest of your vehicle's speaker system.
- Punch EQ: The Punch EQ bass boost circuit is adjustable from 0 (min) to +12dB (max) and centered at 45Hz.
- Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 gauge power and ground wires. (Rockford Fosgate recommends 8 AWG minimum.)
Fuse: An external 50-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire at the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse. When not using a wiring kit, the v6-MANL fuse holder (item number 120MANL, sold separately) and MANL50 50-amp fuse (item number 120MANL50, sold separately) can be used.
- Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated set screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire. It's used to remotely turn the amplifier on and off.
- Speaker Terminals: The one pair of speaker outputs is nickel-plated set screw terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire.
- RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks provide an easy connection for preamp level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
- Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
- RCA Output Jacks: A pair of RCA pass-thru jacks provides a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of your vehicle to the amplifier location.
- Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is used with the included Remote Punch Level Control.
- Width: 8-1/2"
- Height: 2"
- Depth: 7-3/8"
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R2D2-10 is a 10-inch subwoofer with dual 2Ω voice coils. The sub features a StampCast steel frame, quick-release compression terminals, and a mica injected polypropylene cone. An anodized aluminum voice coil former and spider venting help keep the subwoofer cool.
Steel Basket: The R2D2-10 subwoofer features a StampCast steel basket for added rigidity.
Compression Terminals: The Prime R2D2-10 features spring post terminals which accommodate speaker wire up to 12 gauge.
CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R2D2-10 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards, meaning the subwoofer has the capacity to handle its rated power under continuous demand, not just for an instant.
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB102-125V Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style ported enclosure for two 10" subwoofers. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has two separate chambers, each with 1.24 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB102-125V is equipped with two pair of spring-post speaker terminals, one for each chamber, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, each set of terminals has an attached 21" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 32-3/4"
- Height: 14-3/8"
- Depth (bottom): 14-1/4"
- Depth (top): 11-1/8"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked